Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,200 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Tstv Acquires Mytv - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Tstv Acquires Mytv (31846 Views)

Amazon Prime Acquires Jim Iyke's Movie 'Bad Comments' / NTA Acquires Right To Broadcast The English Premier League In Nigeria / TSTV Acquires Rights For English Premier League And DFB Porkal For 2019-2022 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tstv Acquires Mytv by NGArmyTerrorist: 5:28pm On Aug 17, 2021
hammedkola:
The indigenous direct-to-home TV service provider (TStv), says it has reached an agreement with Strong Technology Ltd. to migrate its MyTV customers on SRT 497S-HEVC decoders to the TStv Africa pay-TV platform.

In a statement issued by the perception manager, TStv, Yemi Adebowale, who disclosed this on Thursday, said TStv offers 104 high-definition channels that duly equipped My TV viewers can start enjoying immediately.

SOURCE
So Tstv is the one behind scattering of MyTv! Those that watch TV hope you won't see another Vmobile, Econet, Celtel, Airtel etc
Re: Tstv Acquires Mytv by christejames(m): 5:29pm On Aug 17, 2021
LeyeZi9:
Does anyone have any details concerning Tstv I don't see their adverts any where and what about their TV subscription and free data use at same time.

their options are nice, you pay 1 or 2 naira per day to watch any channel you wish, you can also pause your subscription when you are not watching...

They are just good in other aspects except for sports for now

1 Like

Re: Tstv Acquires Mytv by Tremple8v: 5:31pm On Aug 17, 2021
If i fit watch premiere league and champions league with no problem, Then i dey with U.

1 Like

Re: Tstv Acquires Mytv by Asquare84(m): 5:41pm On Aug 17, 2021
Tstsv offer better package than dstv, I am currently using tstv now and I am enjoying it.

6 Likes

Re: Tstv Acquires Mytv by nairabacks(f): 5:41pm On Aug 17, 2021
The5DME:
They're buying up another company, when they're yet to break into the market? Who the hell is the CEO of this company?

I suspect the CEO is a front for Multichoice.
Re: Tstv Acquires Mytv by SeaTrade(m): 5:41pm On Aug 17, 2021
WoundedLamb:
Wow... I suppose this is good for Nigerians. They can now offer MyTV services alongside thier original plans. This must be the last card.

Buying a company that's already settled in the market is a strategy to break into the market. All MyTV users are now TStv subscribers. That's already a reasonable market share. Whatever extra features they're bringing on board can now be evangelized by the userbase
You're smart .

3 Likes

Re: Tstv Acquires Mytv by PDPdestroyer(m): 5:55pm On Aug 17, 2021
otokx:
Who uses TSTV and how are they?
Don't waste your money. I bought one and I'm regretting that decision, their pictures (when stable) is great but the stability is the issue, one day on, two days off.... view turns slow motion sometimes or completely goes blank for hours. DSTV is still the best!
Re: Tstv Acquires Mytv by Abujaexpress: 5:56pm On Aug 17, 2021
The5DME:
They're buying up another company, when they're yet to break into the market? Who the hell is the CEO of this company?
It's allowed for starts up in business. It's mopping up competition

2 Likes

Re: Tstv Acquires Mytv by yemionline(m): 5:57pm On Aug 17, 2021
Interesting times we live in.
Re: Tstv Acquires Mytv by CapitalBank: 6:01pm On Aug 17, 2021
The5DME:
lol.. they are already in the market and a few houses in my neighbourhood have it.

2 Likes

Re: Tstv Acquires Mytv by meobizy(f): 6:03pm On Aug 17, 2021
TStv is still a thing?

TStv offers 104 high-definition channels
Lies. DStv which existed since the early 90s has only 40 at the most. These people are claiming more. Nigerians deceiving each other. It reminds me of when Startimes first launched, claiming they possessed the same picture quality as DStv. Everywhere I saw someone using the service, it was obvious the picture displayed was highly inferior to the competition.

It’s funny how Nairalanders who claim to use the service have slowly resigned from lies. The company failed to plan so is obviously planning to…
Re: Tstv Acquires Mytv by fxsky: 6:10pm On Aug 17, 2021
Ikan o gbe kan bi Owu Jango
Re: Tstv Acquires Mytv by Lagosfinder(m): 6:10pm On Aug 17, 2021
southniyikaye:
room and parlor self con, and island, total package

Depends on the axis

Chat us on WhatsApp let's discuss please
Re: Tstv Acquires Mytv by goaldynboy: 6:19pm On Aug 17, 2021
PDPdestroyer:

[s]Don't waste your money. I bought one and I'm regretting that decision, their pictures (when stable) is great but the stability is the issue, one day on, two days off.... view turns slow motion sometimes or completely goes blank for hours. DSTV is still the best![/s]

DStv Agent spotted!!

3 Likes

Re: Tstv Acquires Mytv by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 17, 2021
Is that why your agents are going to peoples houses to damage their strongs antennas ?

Are you kidding me, some people damaged my dish this week ?

10yrs dish, no problems.
Re: Tstv Acquires Mytv by SamuelLoch: 6:47pm On Aug 17, 2021
I bought this decoder but I've been away from home for some time now. Somebody has hijacked my TsTV and switched it to CONSAT TV (Now Play TV).
Abeg, who dey use CONSAT TV?
Also, can I watch EPL, La Liga, Ligue 1, and Champions League on GoTV?
DSTV is too expensive
Re: Tstv Acquires Mytv by yahmohy27: 6:51pm On Aug 17, 2021
athaboi:

They should go and sleep abeg...they are not serious
Thank you.
Not seriouss at all
Which one be ONLY SRT 4975 decorder owners can have access to?
Re: Tstv Acquires Mytv by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 17, 2021
The5DME:

The guy is a genius.

Strong is a Free to air satellite system that people have been using for over 10yrs. Buying up there service in Nigeria makes TsTv acquire millions of their Nigerian customers who have not been paying a dime before.

Tstv subscriber base should challenge that of Gotv or DSTV, if the migration is completed seamlessly.

3 Likes

Re: Tstv Acquires Mytv by Austeeenxx: 7:04pm On Aug 17, 2021
Na overhyping kill this people.
Re: Tstv Acquires Mytv by charlsecy(m): 7:19pm On Aug 17, 2021
The5DME:
Google failed on video sharing with Google Videos. So they acquired YouTube, an establishment already doing well at video sharing. Now juxtapose!

4 Likes

Re: Tstv Acquires Mytv by Tapout(m): 7:24pm On Aug 17, 2021
liketerm:
This people are not yet ready
1. Their station are not stable
2. Today they have migrated to nigcom sat tomorrow they have migrated to another satellite
3. Their station are something else, MTV base Australia, discovery velocity.
4. They operate with 4 transponders(tp) of which their is no consistency, either one of the tp is low on signal or one is down, sometimes all tp are down
Make I stop here

You sound like someone who has worked with them. These are things an average customer shouldn't/wouldn't know.
Re: Tstv Acquires Mytv by The5DME(m): 7:44pm On Aug 17, 2021
AlhajiBitcoin:

The guy is a genius.

Strong is a Free to air satellite system that people have been using for over 10yrs. Buying up there service in Nigeria makes TsTv acquire millions of their Nigerian customers who have not been paying a dime before.

Tstv subscriber base should challenge that of Gotv or DSTV, if the migration is completed seamlessly.
But I've not seen anyone using Tstv; at least where I live sha.
Re: Tstv Acquires Mytv by caandi: 7:48pm On Aug 17, 2021
Naija like to spoil things shaa... they should allow us enjoy our free sub my tv strong in peace pls
Re: Tstv Acquires Mytv by duality(m): 7:54pm On Aug 17, 2021
Android box jor
Re: Tstv Acquires Mytv by Awise09(m): 7:57pm On Aug 17, 2021
otokx:
Who uses TSTV and how are they?
I use TStv Signal is very strong now even when its raining.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tstv Acquires Mytv by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 17, 2021
The5DME:
An Igbo man....youwill think they are stupid until you can no longer recognise what they have achieved

1 Like

Re: Tstv Acquires Mytv by liketerm: 8:09pm On Aug 17, 2021
Tapout:

You sound like someone who has worked with them. These are things an average customer shouldn't/wouldn't know.
I have their decoder, so I know what am saying, about a month ago, they sent me an SMS, asking me to reposition my dish to nigcom sat

1 Like

Re: Tstv Acquires Mytv by good4all40: 8:35pm On Aug 17, 2021
Tstv is doing great they have more than 70 HD channels and ability to choose your desire channels at N1 or N2 per day.

The only place that they needed to improve is sports especially football.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tstv Acquires Mytv by christejames(m): 8:45pm On Aug 17, 2021
Sabadon:
Tstv should do d needful n start operation

They've been stable on air since October last year
Re: Tstv Acquires Mytv by Tapout(m): 8:48pm On Aug 17, 2021
liketerm:

I have their decoder, so I know what am saying, about a month ago, they sent me an SMS, asking me to reposition my dish to nigcom sat

I never said you don't know what you are saying. I was just impressed with what you wrote down , that's all. Besides you will agree with me that not everyone who got the SMS even knows what NigcomSat is, talk more of repositioning a dish.
Re: Tstv Acquires Mytv by Auladimeji(m): 8:56pm On Aug 17, 2021
Asquare84:
Tstsv offer better package than dstv, I am currently using tstv now and I am enjoying it.
how do one get it in lagos and how much
Re: Tstv Acquires Mytv by munezo(m): 9:18pm On Aug 17, 2021
Two Turkeys can not make an Eagle.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gulder Ultimate Search Season 12: Contendants Search For Akolo’s Secret / BBNaija: Mercy And Ike Slept In A Kissing Position / Graphic Photos From A Nollywood Movie Set

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.