Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,602 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod (3414 Views)

Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix / PHARMACY Is A Greek Word Meaning Witchcraft / Ovie Okorodudu, Christ Embassy Pastor, Accused Of Fraud On Facebook (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 17, 2021
The subject says it all.
Yeshua & The Hebrew Roots Movement
With the growing influence of the Hebrew Roots Movement (although this “movement” has no formal doctrinal statement or unifying principles to show who’s in and who’s out) and the growing interest in Jewish culture and tradition among evangelicals (most heavily in charismatic churches), many Christians today are struggling with this question:

If the incarnate Son of God was Jewish, and his name was Yeshua, and he was known by and called Yeshua, then why would we not call him Yeshua?

Some have gone so far as to say that in order to be saved, we must call upon the name of Yeshua HaMashiach, and to call upon any other is to call upon a false god (though this extreme seems to be rare amongst the most influential proponents of these ideas on a broader scale).
However note
YEHOSHUA IS THE ACTUAL NAME BEFORE IT WAS SHORTENED TO YESHUA.
THEORY
IF YOU USE THE NAME YEHOSHUA TO LOCK YOUR PHONE AND YOU COME BACK CALLING JESUS FOR IT TO OPEN IT WON'T.
ALTHOUGH RELIGION IS A SCAM SHA
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by josh123(m): 6:45pm On Aug 17, 2021
Trustnoman4life:
The subject says it all.
proof
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 17, 2021
josh123:
proof
With the growing influence of the Hebrew Roots Movement (although this “movement” has no formal doctrinal statement or unifying principles to show who’s in and who’s out) and the growing interest in Jewish culture and tradition among evangelicals (most heavily in charismatic churches), many Christians today are struggling with this question:

If the incarnate Son of God was Jewish, and his name was Yeshua, and he was known by and called Yeshua, then why would we not call him Yeshua?

Some have gone so far as to say that in order to be saved, we must call upon the name of Yeshua HaMashiach, and to call upon any other is to call upon a false god (though this extreme seems to be rare amongst the most influential proponents of these ideas on a broader scale).
However note
THEORY
IF YOU USE THE NAME YEHOSHUA TO LOCK YOUR PHONE AND YOU COME BACK CALLING JESUS FOR IT TO OPEN IT WON'T.
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by josh123(m): 6:59pm On Aug 17, 2021
Trustnoman4life:
With the growing influence of the Hebrew Roots Movement (although this “movement” has no formal doctrinal statement or unifying principles to show who’s in and who’s out) and the growing interest in Jewish culture and tradition among evangelicals (most heavily in charismatic churches), many Christians today are struggling with this question: your life ur choice. Do u believe there is a spiritual realm??

However note
THEORY
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by josh123(m): 7:00pm On Aug 17, 2021
[quote author=josh123 post=104900299][/quote] do u believe in spirituality?
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by Nobody: 7:03pm On Aug 17, 2021
josh123:
do u believe in spirituality?
In Shao Khan's voice "Don't make me laugh"
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by Kobojunkie: 7:03pm On Aug 17, 2021
Trustnoman4life:
The subject says it all.

However note
THEORY
You know why many of you are easily manipulated by the False teachers and false prophets out there? It is because you let go of your ability to think and reason for yourselves to easy to the next Mog with the sweet mouth. undecided

This article by Newsweek will help educate you, if you will open your mind's eye, to see how the name Jesus came about. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/jesus-yeshua-joshua-there-right-way-identify-son-god-1270917%3famp=1

Please stop going around creating threads to showcase more of your silliness. undecided
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:03pm On Aug 17, 2021
Funny teachings everywhere! cheesy

Oya trinitarians on the forum, he don ready come argue for your Jesus!

Meanwhile OP, the Bible says God confused the language of earth's inhabitants so that we all started speaking in different tongues! Genesis 11:1-9
Therefore it's only necessary that we try to call Him or His Son in the best way we understand as long as it's a transliteration of the Hebrew language.
I love your illustration because in my own religion we are using as in calling on the name "JESUS" and all the doors of promises regarding pure worship has been opening ever since we've been calling on the name that's above all other names!

EVIDENCES yapa! smiley
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by josh123(m): 7:08pm On Aug 17, 2021
Trustnoman4life:

In Shao Khan's voice "Don't make me laugh"
I will take that as a no. Good luck
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 17, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You know why many of you are easily manipulated by the False teachers and false prophets out there? It is because you let go of your ability to think and reason for yourselves to easy to the next Mog with the sweet mouth. undecided

This article by Newsweek will help educate you, if you will open your mind's eye, to see how the name Jesus came about. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/jesus-yeshua-joshua-there-right-way-identify-son-god-1270917%3famp=1

Please stop going around creating threads to showcase more of your silliness. undecided
From the link you posted,
His original Hebrew name is Yeshua, which is short for yehōshu'a. It can be translated to 'Joshua,' according to Dr. Michael L. Brown.

Tell the rest to the modafhuckin Muslims who decided not to alter anything from the Quran.
YEHOSHUA IS THE ACTUAL NAME to call . Calling on any other name doesn't make sense.
The theory explains alot unless you are being shallow minded.
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by Kobojunkie: 7:12pm On Aug 17, 2021
Trustnoman4life:

From the link you posted,
His original Hebrew name is Yeshua, which is short for yehōshu'a. It can be translated to 'Joshua,' according to Dr. Michael L. Brown.

Tell the rest modafhuckin Muslims who decided not to alter anything from the Quran.
YEHOSHUA IS THE ACTUAL NAME to call . Calling on any other name doesn't make sense.
The theory explains alot unless you are being shallow minded.
Did you happen to read at all. The name Jesus is a translation of the same name, in another language. undecided

Though his name may actually be Joshua, the name "Jesus" wasn't born out of creativity but also translation. When Yeshua is translated into Greek, which the New Testament is derived from, it becomes Iēsous, which in English spelling is "Jesus."
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 17, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Did you happen to read at all. The name Jesus is a translation of the same name, in another language. Engage you brain please and stop showcasing your ignorance. undecided
Why not fhuckin pray with the actual sound of the word (YEHOSHUA).
There is no need for translating such a name.
It is just like calling Thor in an African shrine calling it a translation for a fhuckin African god.
Same reason the Quran wasn't tampered with blind people won't learn .
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by Kobojunkie: 7:21pm On Aug 17, 2021
Trustnoman4life:

Why not fhuckin pray with the actual sound of the word (YEHOSHUA).
There is no need for translating such a name.
It is just like calling Thor in an African shrine calling it a translation for a fhuckin African god.
Same reason the Quran wasn't tampered with blind Christians won't learn .
While I am at it, why don't I also adopt the Hebrew language and pray to God entirely in the Hebrew language because God only understands the Hebrew language, right? undecided

God said somewhere in scripture that only that spoken and pronounced as it should Hebrew dialect is that which He wil hear and accept? undecided
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by Nobody: 7:23pm On Aug 17, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Funny teachings everywhere! cheesy

Oya trinitarians on the forum, he don ready come argue for your Jesus!

Meanwhile OP, the Bible says God confused the language of earth's inhabitants so that we all started speaking in different tongues! Genesis 11:1-9
Therefore it's only necessary that we try to call Him or His Son in the best way we understand as long as it's a transliteration of the Hebrew language.
I love your illustration because in my own religion we are using as in calling on the name "JESUS" and all the doors of promises regarding pure worship has been opening ever since we've been calling on the name that's above all other names!

EVIDENCES yapa! smiley
Like Angels sending money to people's bank account.I for like see the names they use pay the money.
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 17, 2021
Kobojunkie:
While I am at it, why don't I also adopt the Hebrew language and pray to God entirely in the Hebrew language because God only understands the Hebrew language, right? undecided

God said somewhere in scripture that only that spoken and pronounced as it should Hebrew dialect is that which He wil hear and accept? undecided[/quote warri pidgin translation"Bros J”
Join it in your names of calling YEHOSHUA
Very soon you will call him only J.
THE NOUNS WHILE TRANSLATING THE HOLY BOOK SHOULD NOT BE OR HAVE BEEN CHANGED.[quote author=Kobojunkie post=104900877] While I am at it, why don't I also adopt the Hebrew language and pray to God entirely in the Hebrew language because God only understands the Hebrew language, right? undecided

God said somewhere in scripture that only that spoken and pronounced as it should Hebrew dialect is that which He wil hear and accept? undecided
warri pidgin translation"BROS J”
THE NOUNS WHILE TRANSLATING THE HOLY BOOK SHOULD NOT BE OR HAVE BEEN CHANGED.
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by Kobojunkie: 7:36pm On Aug 17, 2021
Trustnoman4life:
warri pidgin translation"BROS J”
THE NOUNS WHILE TRANSLATING THE HOLY BOOK SHOULD NOT BE OR HAVE BEEN CHANGED
Again, While I am at it, why don't I also adopt the Hebrew language and pray to God entirely in the Hebrew language because God only understands the Hebrew language, right? undecided

NOUNS were changed? Seriously dude, have you ever worked on translating works written in one language to another before? undecided
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by Nobody: 7:52pm On Aug 17, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again, While I am at it, why don't I also adopt the Hebrew language and pray to God entirely in the Hebrew language because God only understands the Hebrew language, right? undecided

NOUNS were changed? Seriously dude, have you ever worked on translating works written in one language to another before? undecided

The name Carlos also means Karl, Charles,Carlo but If you tell me that the name Carlos has power in a religion, it should not be fhuckin changed while translating any message to any language.
Stick to the name his parents were instructed by the fhuckin angel to call him in Hebrew why you make your request with his name.There is wisdom in not translating a religious name.However, translations are not accurate and could be done with bad intentions.Be wise.
If you lock your phone with the voice code Carlos and come back calling Karl, Charles, Carla etc it won't open.Same thing here the sound of the name meant to Open the door was told to his parents as YEHOSHUA If you start calling Bros J, Jesus,etc it won't work.
Iamout.
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:54pm On Aug 17, 2021
Now you're talking like an atheist!
Unlocking the door of promises is not about selfish cravings of faithless misinformed churchgoers but on the promises of God as written in the Bible.

You should have asked for the promises that's been fulfilled in the gathering of true Christians today instead of presuming what such promises is! smiley

Trustnoman4life:

Like Angels sending money to people's bank account.I for like see the names they use pay the money.
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by Kobojunkie: 7:56pm On Aug 17, 2021
Trustnoman4life:

The name Carlos also means Karl, Charles,Carlo but If you tell me that the name Carlos has power in a religion, it should not be fhuckin changed while translating any message to any language.
Stick to the name his parents were instructed by the fhuckin angel to call him in Hebrew why you make your request with his name.There is wisdom in not translating a religious name.However, translations are not accurate and could be done with bad intentions.Be wise.
If you lock your phone with the voice code Carlos and come back calling Karl, Charles, Carla etc it won't open.Same thing here the sound of the name meant to Open the door was told to his parents as YEHOSHUA If you start calling Bros J, Jesus,etc it won't work.
Iamout.
Did Jesus Christ tell you that the power in His name is limited to its pronunciation in the Hebrew dialect? undecided

Did Jesus Christ declare that any translation of His name that does not retain the Hebrew value or pronunciation will limit or nullify the power of God in His name? undecided

I recall someone declaring that the name Jesus is a name above all names implying that the same rules that apply where other names are concerned does not apply where Jesus is concerned. So Why do you compare it to Carl, Carlos and the lot? undecided
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by Nobody: 7:57pm On Aug 17, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Unlocking the door of promises is not about selfish cravings of faithless misinformed churchgoers but on the promises of God as written in the Bible.

You should have asked for the promises that's been fulfilled in the gathering of true Christians today instead of presuming what such promises is! smiley

please tell me?
I am not an atheist.
Religion is a scam
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 17, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Did Jesus Christ tell you that the power in His name is limited to its pronunciation in the Hebrew dialect? undecided

Did Jesus Christ declare that any translation of His name that does not retain the Hebrew value or pronunciation will limit or nullify the power of God in His name? undecided
Did he also tell you to translate his name?
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by Kobojunkie: 8:02pm On Aug 17, 2021
Trustnoman4life:

Did he also tell you to translate his name?
Well, Jesus lived in Roman State at the time and He sent His disciples into the word, telling them that those who believe in Him would speak in foreign tongues they did lot learn. undecided

If maintaining the Hebrew integrity of His name was of great importance, surely He would have stated this clearly in the New Covenant Law which He brought us. A law would have been the best way to make such clear to us but Jesus Christ gave us no such. undecided
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 17, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Well, Jesus lived in Roman State at the time and He sent His disciples into the word, telling them that those who believe in Him would speak in foreign tongues they did lot learn. undecided

If maintaining the Hebrew integrity of His name was of great importance, surely He would have stated this clearly in the New Covenant Law which He brought us. A law would have been the best way to make such clear to us but Jesus Christ gave us no such. undecided
I can speak in foreign tongues or languages (English and French fluently) does that stop me from pronouncing the Hebrew word YEHOSHUA the angel told his fhuckin mum to call him.
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by Kobojunkie: 8:11pm On Aug 17, 2021
Trustnoman4life:

I can speak in foreign tongues or languages (English and French fluently) does that stop me from pronouncing the Hebrew word YEHOSHUA the angel told his fhuckin mum to call him.
I didn't mean a tongue you learned but a tongue you did not learn. And as I said, if Jesus Christ never stated that the Hebrew integrity of His name needed to be maintained in anyway. undecided

The angel may have told His mom that but was the same angel sent to all those who believe In Him to relay the same message now? undecided
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 17, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I didn't mean a tongue you learned but a tongue you did not learn. And as I said, if Jesus Christ never stated that the Hebrew integrity of His name needed to be maintained in anyway. undecided

The angel may have told His mom that but was the same angel sent to all those who believe In Him to relay the same message now? undecided
Who told you i learnt the tongue or language?
Did he also tell you to translate the name ?
Your problem is that you draw conclusions quickly by your instincts.
Use your head"the fhuckin angel told his mom and she passed the message to the fhuckin world"
Keep waiting for the fhuckin angel to DM u personally.
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 17, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

I am still waiting for you to tell me the fhuckin evidences you have
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by Kobojunkie: 8:26pm On Aug 17, 2021
Trustnoman4life:

Who told you i learnt the tongue or language?
Did he also tell you to translate the name ?
Your problem is that you draw conclusions quickly by your instincts.
Use your head"the fhuckin angel told his mom and she passed the message to the fhuckin world"
I mentioned Jesus Christ giving the gift of tongues and not addressing that His name ought to be stated exactly as is I Hebrew no matter what tongues we are made to speak. undecided

Also, Jesus Christ said do as I say - John 15 vs 14 - and since He didn't say anything about not translating His name, it follows that there's no consequence to translating His name. undecided

If you user your head, you would understand that the angel telling His mother the name to use does not in anyway impact this discussion in anyway. Since Jesus Christ, the one whose name you claim it is, never have law where the pronunciation or translation of His name is concerned. undecided

This is nothing but do with instincts but instead to do with approaching the Truth of God, Jesus Christ, God's Law as He was given to us, this by Jesus Christ Himself.. undecided
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by Nobody: 8:33pm On Aug 17, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I mentioned Jesus Christ giving the gift of tongues and not addressing that His name ought to be stated exactly as is I Hebrew no matter what tongues we are made to speak. undecided

Also, Jesus Christ said do as I say - John 15 vs 14 - and since He didn't say anything about not translating His name, it follows that there's no consequence to translating His name. undecided

If you user your head, you would understand that the angel telling His mother the name to use does not in anyway impact this discussion in anyway. Since Jesus Christ, the one whose name you claim it is, never have law where the pronunciation or translation of His name is concerned. undecided

This is nothing but do with instincts but instead to do with approaching the Truth of God, Jesus Christ, God's Law as He was given to us, this by Jesus Christ Himself.. undecided
The fhuckin angel told his mom YEHOSHUA.
You are here saying he didn't tell you not to translate his name ?
Did he tell you to translate it?
You don big pass the father of YEHOSHUA wey send the angel to pronounce it in that fhuckin way.
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:36pm On Aug 17, 2021
The highlighted is what Satan wants everyone to believe about Religion but it's a lie, there is one true religion that's recognizable by certain features no man can deny!

You need to know the history of Religion but before i go to that i'll like to exite you with a secret!

Do you know that God actually made lots of promises about this one true religion and how honest hearted individuals can IDENTIFY it?

Satan has set to cause confusion so that you and i will be so confused to the extent of hating to hear anything having to do with religion. Note that religion is about worship so when you're pissed off with Religion it means you won't agree to any form of Organized worship. That's what Satan wants for all humans! 2Corinthians 4:4; Revelations 12:9

So will you like to know the undeniable MARK of TRUE RELIGION? smiley

Trustnoman4life:

please tell me?
I am not an atheist.
Religion is a scam
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by Kobojunkie: 8:38pm On Aug 17, 2021
Trustnoman4life:
The fhuckin angel told his mom YEHOSHUA.
You are here saying he didn't tell you not to translate his name ?
You don big pass the father of YEHOSHUA wey send the angel to pronounce it in that fhuckin way.
Jesus Christ is God's New Covenant Law in the Kingdom of God and so those of us who live under the Law of Jesus Christ are called to submit to and obey the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, God's very own Truth. undecided

So where the Truth of God, Jesus Christ, has not commanded us not to translate His name what that means is that the translation of His name is of no consequence. What that means is regardless of the language His name is translated into, Jesus Christ remains the same Jesus Christ. undecided

No man has authority from God to add or remove from His Law, even that given to us in Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 17, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
The highlighted is what Satan wants everyone to believe about Religion but it's a lie, there is one true religion that's recognizable by certain features no man can deny!

You need to know the history of Religion but before i go to that i'll like to exite you with a secret!

Do you know that God actually made lots of promises about this one true religion and how honest hearted individuals can IDENTIFY it?

Satan has set to cause confusion so that you and i will be so confused to the extent of hating to hear anything having to do with religion. Note that religion is about worship so when you're pissed off with Religion it means you won't agree to any form of Organized worship. That's what Satan wants for all humans! 2Corinthians 4:4; Revelations 12:9

So will you like to know the undeniable MARK of TRUE RELIGION? smiley

Ride on
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by Nobody: 8:42pm On Aug 17, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ is God's New Covenant Law in the Kingdom of God and so those of us who live under the Law of Jesus Christ are called to submit to and obey the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, God's very own Truth. undecided

So where the Truth of God, Jesus Christ, has not commanded us not to translate His name what that means is that the translation of His name is of no consequence. What that means is regardless of the language His name is translated into, Jesus Christ remains the same Jesus Christ. undecided
Translations are not 100 percent correct.
You are translating the sound of what the fhuckin Almighty has called.
Over Sabi no good oo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FATHER OF TERRORIST : Adolf Hitler Is A Catholic Christian / Should African Religions Be Preserved? / Why You Must Keep Your Virginity Till Your Wedding Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.