Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,841 members, 7,831,722 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod (3440 Views)

Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix / PHARMACY Is A Greek Word Meaning Witchcraft / Ovie Okorodudu, Christ Embassy Pastor, Accused Of Fraud On Facebook (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by Kobojunkie: 5:41pm On Aug 18, 2021
Trustnoman4life:

In reference to No 2 .: Not just a different name but the name he (YEHOSHUA) was called while he lived on the Earth.
I already explained to you that given there is no law given us by Jesus Christ regarding the pronunciation or language of His name, it is sin to create one such law in his behalf. undecided
Doing that which Jesus Christ has not commanded is meaningless. Pretending to do it in His name is sin. undecided
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 18, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Good morning Sir!

I'll like you to know that there is just one true Christian group while all others are fake!

You can't get the Interpretation of any verse in our book unless you ask us, but if you go and ask misinformed churchgoers they will simply mislead you!

The verse you quoted {Job 37:3} simply means God's spirit pushed his words throughout the earth!

©The Bible (God's word) is the most translated book in the world, there is no language in which you can't find a Bible translation.
©Whenever people say a book is the best seller well they often push the Bible aside because they can't even imagine how many copies of the Bible has been printed and sold.
©Of all the books in the world the Bible is read by millions each day and people often quote it even when they don't understand what it says.

So the one and only true God used His Mighty Spirit to push His word throughout the earth when all other demons remain silent before Him! Psalms 115:5

May you have PEACE! smiley

Which Christian group is the only one Christian group according to your write up?
Who told you that God used his Mighty Spirit to push His word throughout the earth when all other demons remain silent before Him! ?
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I already explained to you that given there is no law given us by Jesus Christ regarding the pronunciation or language of His name, it is sin to create one such law in his behalf. undecided
The sound of his name he was called while he lived on Earth matters alot ?
Because they want to play a match in France does not mean the commentators would not try their best to pronounce Nigerian names like Enyeama,Iyke,Obi as given to them by their parents.
Do you hear them calling Carlos ,"Charles" when he ( Carlos ) is not playing in Brazil.
The fhuckin fact still remains that u need to unlearn what u have been taught.
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
No, God didn't need to tell me that He spoke all that through Jeremiah, He instead confirms the statements attributed to His being in the writing of Jeremiah. undecided
Are you trusting what the fhuckin Jeremiah said?
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by Kobojunkie: 5:54pm On Aug 18, 2021
Trustnoman4life:

The sound of his name he was called while he lived on Earth matters alot ?
Because they want to play a match in France does not mean the commentators would not try their best to pronounce Nigerian names like Enyeama,Iyke,Obi as given to them by their parents.
Do you hear them calling Carlos ,"Charles" when he ( Carlos ) is not playing in Brazil.
The fhuckin fact still remains that u need to unlearn what u have been taught.
Again... Jesus Christ, the one who you claim you advocate for, never, instructed that His name be as pronounced only in the Hebrew language, nor did He command that His followers worship Him in Hebrew language alone. undecided

So , to suggest that that most only worship Him by His Hebrew name alone is against Him and hence sin. undecided
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by Kobojunkie: 5:57pm On Aug 18, 2021
Trustnoman4life:

Are you trusting what the fhuckin Jeremiah said?
Jeremiah 17 vs 5, declares that those who trust in men are cursed. undecided

I don't trust man, not even myself. Instead, I put all of my trust in God and His Word! undecided
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again... Jesus Christ, the one who you claim you advocate for, never, instructed that His name be as pronounced only in the Hebrew language, nor did He command that His followers worship Him in Hebrew language alone. undecided

So , to suggest that that most only worship Him by His Hebrew name alone is against Him and hence sin. undecided
are you daft ?
How can i be advocating for Jesus Christ whom i say is a Greek god.
However did YEHOSHUA tell you that the name YEHOSHUA is too difficult to pronounce and that you should translate it to Bros J, Jboy or Jesus.
If he were to be alive and the both of us travel to Israel and i tell people that i am looking for YEHOSHUA and you tell them that you are looking for BROS J, Jboy or Jesus.
Who do you think would meet the personality we are looking for ?
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jeremiah 17 vs 5, declares that those who trust in men are cursed. undecided

I don't trust man, not even myself. Instead, I put all of my trust in God and His Word! undecided
God and his word ? The ones written by men or which one?
In Shao Khan's voice DON'T MAKE ME LAUGH (HA HA HA HA HA HA)
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by KnownUnknown: 6:07pm On Aug 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
No, God didn't need to tell me that He spoke all that through Jeremiah, He instead confirms the statements attributed to His being in the writing of Jeremiah. undecided

Before the mental gymnastics above, his answer was “Yes!”. He found the answer to be too crazy so changed the answer to the dishonest nonsense above. grin
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by triplechoice(m): 6:54pm On Aug 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. Jesus Christ is the English translation of the name and since English is my primary language, Jesus it is for me.. undecided

2. So, I should acquiesce to the OP's suggestion of a different name because? undecided

3. If you are unable to grasp the meaning of what Jesus Christ commands and why it is that we are to submit to and obey His teachings alone even as we continue to live in this world, ask. undecided

I choose bros j since you say Christ has not issued any command concerning his name.

That's how I will from now henceforth call him and if anyone on this forum accuses me of disrespect to the savoir, I would quote you to defend me.
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by Kobojunkie: 6:56pm On Aug 18, 2021
Trustnoman4life:

are you daft ?
How can i be advocating for Jesus Christ whom i say is a Greek god.
However did YEHOSHUA tell you that the name YEHOSHUA is too difficult to pronounce and that you should translate it to Bros J, Jboy or Jesus.
If he were to be alive and the both of us travel to Israel and i tell people that i am looking for YEHOSHUA and you tell them that you are looking for BROS J, Jboy or Jesus.
Who do you think would meet the personality we are looking for ?

Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by Kobojunkie: 6:59pm On Aug 18, 2021
triplechoice:

I choose bros j since you say Christ has not issued any command concerning his name.

That's how I will from now henceforth call him and if anyone on this forum accuses me of disrespect to the savoir, I would quote you to defend me.
You are free to choose as you please ! undecided

Jesus Christ never gave a command to any sort stipulating His name be only used as pronounced in any particular dialect. undecided

Please don't quote me as that would suggest I am some sort of god over you and your choices where God is concerned and doing that is a sin against God. undecided
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:

You are daft.Did he also tell you to translate his name ?
OR don't you also know that to change the sound of the name the angel told his mom to call him is also changing God's word and hence sin ?
You are a slow learner.
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by Kobojunkie: 7:07pm On Aug 18, 2021
Trustnoman4life:

You are daft.Did he also tell you to translate his name ?
OR don't you also know that to change the sound of the name the angel told his mom to call him is also changing God's word and hence sin ?
You are a slow learner.
Again... Jesus Christ never instructed that His name be as pronounced only in the Hebrew language, nor did He command that His followers worship Him in Hebrew language alone. undecided

Are you certain I am am daft slow learner here? undecided
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again... Jesus Christ never instructed that His name be as pronounced only in the Hebrew language, nor did He command that His followers worship Him in Hebrew language alone. undecided

Because i told you that changing the sound of the name God told the angel to tell his mom to call him is adding or Removing from God's word and hence sin. you have now omitted that to say ”
So , to suggest that that most only worship Him by His Hebrew name alone is against Him and hence sin."
You are a very slow learner.
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by Kobojunkie: 7:24pm On Aug 18, 2021
Trustnoman4life:

Because i told you that changing the sound of the name God told the angel to tell his mom to call him is adding or Removing from God's word and hence sin. you have now omitted that to say ”
So , to suggest that that must only worship Him by His Hebrew name alone is against Him and hence sin."
You are a very slow learner.

You told me? See this one? undecided

Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by bobestman(m): 7:25pm On Aug 18, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Bullshit

Who says all Africans are suffering?
Keep sleeping man. Africa was once the head of this world, today they are the tail cos they are being raped religiously, politically, financially by the Pink men who use their leaders as puppets.

Something wey they clear even to those in Pry School na him you dey ask questio for...
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You told me? See this one? undecided

Your responses defines you to be daft and a slow learner because u can't read between the lines.
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by Kobojunkie: 7:31pm On Aug 18, 2021
Trustnoman4life:

Your responses defines you to be daft and a slow learner because u can't read between the lines.
undecided
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by triplechoice(m): 8:35pm On Aug 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You are free to choose as you please ! undecided

Jesus Christ never gave a command to any sort stipulating His name be only used as pronounced in any particular dialect. undecided

Please don't quote me as that would suggest I am some sort of god over you and your choices where God is concerned and doing that is a sin against God. undecided

If you don't want anyone to quote you, then why did you take it upon yourself to instruct us on what you think Jesus would want concerning his name. Would Jesus while alive accept to be called by a translated version of his name and also instruct his disciples to do likewise?

kobo, everyone is susceptible to indoctrination. Myself included.

The reason is because we can't know it all at any point in our lives.

Everyone uses shortcuts to learn things we can't possibly learn on our own. But in the process we stand the risk of learning things which are not true and when that happens ,we become indoctrinated and then act accordingly.

The major problem with being indoctrinated is that an indoctrinated person lack the awareness to know that he or she is operating under indoctrination and would do everything to defend the lie or misinformation as truth. Psychological studies have confirm this.

Fortunately for us as humans, life always present us with the opportunity to free ourselves from whatever lies we have been told. Yes always.

That moment comes when our indoctrination starts to work against our best interest and it is at this point that some choose, unfortunately, to fiercely defend whatever lies they have come to accept as truth while the bold ones starts to ask questions everything or else they become stuck or even get undone by what rhey have been indoctrinated with.

Humanity right now is in the period of questioning in order to know the truth.

If you believe it is the right thing to accept the adopted name of your saviour while neglecting his original Hebrew name when common sense dictates that a translated name can't have the same "value" as the original, then I have nothing further to say other than to accept your decision.
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:54pm On Aug 18, 2021
Trustnoman4life:

Which Christian group is the only one Christian group according to your write up?
Who told you that God used his Mighty Spirit to push His word throughout the earth when all other demons remain silent before Him! ?

You will know the one and only Christian group if you're sincere with yourself. But before then the only true God work with His favourite people meanwhile there's a reason why He chose them!

So God revealed all these secrets to them! smiley
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 18, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

You will know the one and only Christian group if you're sincere with yourself. But before then the only true God work with His favourite people meanwhile there's a reason why He chose them!

So God revealed all these secrets to them! smiley
what is the name of the Christian group?
List some names of the favourite people?
What secrets were revealed?
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:31pm On Aug 18, 2021
Trustnoman4life:

which group?
The GROUP producing all the nine qualities that's missing in the human society:
LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITH, MILDNESS and SELF-CONTROL!
No human can adequately cultivate these nine qualities but with God in their midst this group of imperfect humans were able to produce all these qualities as a society. They're known as Jehovah's Witnesses!

Which people?
God chose Abraham and his lineage but when the Israelites failed to produce those qualities despite having God with them. God sent His only begotten son and promised that all those following God's son will surely produce these qualities and God will dwell with them!

What secrets?
There are two Organizations one belongs to God the other belongs to Satan.
All the religious groups on this planet including schools of thought fall into these two Organizations.
But this is the SECRET. Only Jehovah's Witnesses stands as God's organization while all other peoples are under Satan!
This may surprise you but i'll explain.
The one and only group of people living on this planet that's not guilty of blood are JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES because they don't participate Politics so Racism has no influence on their thinking. Whereas all others are been controlled by Politics and Racism leading them to killing one another! Revelations 6:3-4 smiley
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 18, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

The GROUP producing all the nine qualities that's missing in the human society:
LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITH, MILDNESS and SELF-CONTROL!
No human can adequately cultivate these nine qualities but with God in their midst this group of imperfect humans were able to produce all these qualities as a society. They're known as Jehovah's Witnesses!

God chose Abraham and his lineage but when the Israelites failed to produce those qualities despite having God with them. God sent His only begotten son and promised that all those following God's son will surely produce these qualities and God will dwell with them!

There are two Organizations one belongs to God the other belongs to Satan.
All the religious groups on this planet including schools of thought fall into these two Organizations.
But this is the SECRET. Only Jehovah's Witnesses stands as God's organization while all other peoples are under Satan!
This may surprise you but i'll explain.
The one and only group of people living on this planet that's not guilty of blood are JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES because they don't participate Politics so Racism has no influence on their thinking. Whereas all others are been controlled by Politics and Racism leading them to killing one another! Revelations 6:3-4 smiley
Are they responsible for the "LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITH, MILDNESS and SELF-CONTROL! " in Mecca, Dubai,quatar etc.
Who told you that God chosed Abraham?
You are again trusting the stories of men.
Speak for yourself.
Don't say all Jehovah witnesses don't partake in Politics,racism etc.
Not involving in politics, racism etc is a personal something.
Don't drag Religion into everything.
Is FIFA body also Jehovah witness member
that advertises Stop racism ?
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by bobestman(m): 10:15pm On Aug 18, 2021
Hahaha I don laugh tire ooo
Christians make una come ooo. Trustnoman4life they wait for una
Oga Kobo don run
JW man never get idea
Even Lord JC, the only white dude in Jerusalem don dey wear mask

The guy keep giving you guys real facts that LordJC is a fabricated name. The same thing I had been telling you guys since. I had told you and will tell you guys again, you guys are breaking the law by calling the Messiah a Vain name and also guilty of idolatry by calling someone who was used to decieve your ancestors God.

The truth will come from the MCcoys at endtime. You all are decieved and in error with that name

Take it or thrash it!

Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:32pm On Aug 18, 2021
Trustnoman4life:

Are they responsible for the "LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITH, MILDNESS and SELF-CONTROL! " in Mecca, Dubai,quatar etc.
Who told you that God chosed Abraham?
You are again trusting the stories of men.
Speak for yourself.
Don't say all Jehovah witnesses don't partake in Politics,racism etc.
Not involving in politics, racism etc is a personal something.
Don't drag Religion into everything.
Is FIFA body also Jehovah witness member
that advertises Stop racism ?

Please this is not the time to rush things.

Have you ever heard someone spoke with such conviction about a GROUP before?

So calm down and let's reason together now!

There is no human society where those nine qualities exist apart from Jehovah's Witnesses!

Your mention of Mecca, Dubai, Qatar shows you don't really know the meaning of those qualities!

For instance do you think people having LOVE will use WEAPONS to threaten one another into obeying the rules guiding them?

As for Politics and Racism it's against the rules of Jehovah's Witnesses globally so when i say we don't participate in those things i'm telling you the constitution guiding all members of God's Organization (Jehovah's Witnesses) globally! smiley

I told you all other Organizations on this planet are under Satan the Devil, yet you're talking about FIFA. Please tell me which country that's a member of FIFA has agreed to stop making nuclear weapons? smiley

Guy there are lots and lots of SECRETS but it's only if you avail yourself that you can know! smiley
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by Kobojunkie: 10:35pm On Aug 18, 2021
triplechoice:

1. If you don't want anyone to quote you, then why did you take it upon yourself to instruct us on what you think Jesus would want concerning his name. Would Jesus while alive accept to be called by a translated version of his name and also instruct his disciples to do likewise?

kobo, everyone is susceptible to indoctrination. Myself included.

The reason is because we can't know it all at any point in our lives.

Everyone uses shortcuts to learn things we can't possibly learn on our own. But in the process we stand the risk of learning things which are not true and when that happens ,we become indoctrinated and then act accordingly.

The major problem with being indoctrinated is that an indoctrinated person lack the awareness to know that he or she is operating under indoctrination and would do everything to defend the lie or misinformation as truth. Psychological studies have confirm this.

Fortunately for us as humans, life always present us with the opportunity to free ourselves from whatever lies we have been told. Yes always.

That moment comes when our indoctrination starts to work against our best interest and it is at this point that some choose, unfortunately, to fiercely defend whatever lies they have come to accept as truth while the bold ones starts to ask questions everything or else they become stuck or even get undone by what rhey have been indoctrinated with.

Humanity right now is in the period of questioning in order to know the truth.

If you believe it is the right thing to accept the adopted name of your saviour while neglecting his original Hebrew name when common sense dictates that a translated name can't have the same "value" as the original, then I have nothing further to say other than to accept your decision.

1. This isn't about not simply wanting to be quoted but about wanting you to grow for your own self. The New Covenant that you have with Jesus Christ is strictly between God and you so everything you hear or read about God ought to to tested against that which God Himself, your only Teacher , has taught you or has said. undecided

2. I believe it is to guard against the indoctrinatiom of His own that God declared that He alone will Teach His own about Himself - Jeremiah 31 vs 33 - 34. Jesus Christ repeated the message declaring that on His Kingdom, that only those who are taught by the Father are His - John 6 vs 43 - 45. He condemned any of His followers who would choose to set themselves up as teachers over those who belong to Him declaring that He alone is Teacher to His flock - Matthew 23 vs 7 - 10 undecided

3. To follow the New Covenant is to set the very teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ as the common sense standard for all things in one's life. What this means is that no longer is the world to dictate for you that which is wisdom/common sense because Jesus Christ becomes the only source of wisdom and the standard by which you live. undecided

And as I already explained to you before now, Jesus Christ commands that His followers do as He says where God and the things of God are concerned - John 15 vs 14. undecided

Now as for the supposed issue, Jesus Christ never gave instructions on what language to approach Him in prayer in or worship with, neither did He stipulate that the Hebrew translation of His name alone be retained and used. What this means is that it is of NO ISSUE what language translation His name is said or used in. undecided

Trying to an issue out of a non-issue, that is not of God but of man. undecided
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by hupernikao: 10:53pm On Aug 18, 2021
Trustnoman4life:

From the link you posted,
His original Hebrew name is Yeshua, which is short for yehōshu'a. It can be translated to 'Joshua,' according to Dr. Michael L. Brown.

Tell the rest to the modafhuckin Muslims who decided not to alter anything from the Quran.
YEHOSHUA IS THE ACTUAL NAME to call . Calling on any other name doesn't make sense.
The theory explains alot unless you are being shallow minded.

You seems to have missed the whole purpose of A NAME. You are claiming a retention of jesus name in Hebrew yet you read and interpret the same expression as an English man. ie. speaking about mentioning the name.

This is not what such statement "in my name, in his name" means. To be calling the spelling and what tongues. You really missed the whole point as an English student. A Jew clearly know what this means.

When Bible refer to the "name of Jesus", it was never about calling the name as in mentioning the name either in Hebrew or in Greek or English. It is a statement of authority. A figurative expression borrowed from the OT texts which was connected to what we call Hebraism today. An expression of Hebrews culture, language and usage of words.

Such expression is not in mentioning the name, but speaks about identification and authority.

Example
If someone say to you. "GO IN MY NAME", I will help you.

Even in your own language, you will understand this clearly as not go and be mentioning my name but go in the identification, and authority and trust in my name.

It's a common phrase during the reign of the Greek. E. G IN THE NAME OF THE KING.

To understand this clearly, you have to go and check how such expression was used in the original language, in this case in the Hebrew text of OT. Then understand its meaning which you can now use the same knowledge to interpret the events of the NT. Don't forget the audience are of the same culture (Jews), hence their language and use of words are cultural and traditional. And they understand its meaning than foreigners.

So, go and check what this expression means "in my name", "in his name", "my name" etc.

Don't always assume knowledge.

Most times this problem always arise when we assume rather than ask question for clarity of what the Bible teaches. Assumption is very dangerous and will lead to wrong knowledge which will birth wrong believing and leads to wrong living.

Selah.
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by Nobody: 12:38am On Aug 19, 2021
bobestman:

Keep sleeping man. Africa was once the head of this world, today they are the tail cos they are being raped religiously, politically, financially by the Pink men who use their leaders as puppets.

Something wey they clear even to those in Pry School na him you dey ask questio for...

This one is meant for the dustbin
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by bobestman(m): 2:45am On Aug 19, 2021
HellVictorinho:

This one is meant for the dustbin
Cos your mind is already infested with thrash. Anything you can't comprehend is thrash to you.
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:44am On Aug 19, 2021
People like you won't learn how to be liberal rather you just feel like carrying everyone along with your radical protests.
Whether you like it or not the Bible says this situation of some race ruling as in dominating another race will never end until God's Kingdom come! Daniel 2:44
WHY?
Because there are some supernatural forces (unseen) controlling people around you {Ephesians 6:12} so your unwarranted agitation about domination is useless. If you like go and gather people from North, East, West and South to join you in the protest thinking you can change the situation, you will only end up getting yourself and those you gathered KILLED while the condition you died for continues. And even if you succeed in Killing your present rulers you can never carry along all the people in Africa to change the hand of times.
People like Kwame Nkuruma (Ghana) Obafemi Awolowo (Nigeria) Muammar Gaddafi (Lybia) Thomas Sankara (Burkina Faso) Nelson Mandela (South Africa) all died fighting for the same course.
And in Europe people like Adolf Hitler (Germany) Benito Mussolini (Italy) and many others fight and died for the same course.
So humble yourself and listen to God's word!

After the fall of Egypt and Assyria (South Iran) who were the first and second world powers God said power will shift from Babylon to Persia to Greece to Rome to England and lastly to America before it becomes a multi-system where all the people will agree to continue PRACTICING one form of government "DEMOCRACY" it's during the time people are fighting and killing themselves over democracy that He (God) will bring His own government! Daniel 2:1-44

So you will only continue to sadden your own soul on what neither you or your great grandfather can change, and if you try to do anything stupid you will die like fowl. Act 5:36-37

May you have PEACE! smiley

bobestman:

Re: Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod by triplechoice(m): 9:40am On Aug 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. This isn't about not simply wanting to be quoted but about wanting you to grow for your own self. The New Covenant that you have with Jesus Christ is strictly between God and you so everything you hear or read about God ought to to tested against that which God Himself, your only Teacher , has taught you or has said. undecided

2. I believe it is to guard against the indoctrinatiom of His own that God declared that He alone will Teach His own about Himself - Jeremiah 31 vs 33 - 34. Jesus Christ repeated the message declaring that on His Kingdom, that only those who are taught by the Father are His - John 6 vs 43 - 45. He condemned any of His followers who would choose to set themselves up as teachers over those who belong to Him declaring that He alone is Teacher to His flock - Matthew 23 vs 7 - 10 undecided

3. To follow the New Covenant is to set the very teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ as the common sense standard for all things in one's life. What this means is that no longer is the world to dictate for you that which is wisdom/common sense because Jesus Christ becomes the only source of wisdom and the standard by which you live. undecided

And as I already explained to you before now, Jesus Christ commands that His followers do as He says where God and the things of God are concerned - John 15 vs 14. undecided

Now as for the supposed issue, Jesus Christ never gave instructions on what language to approach Him in prayer in or worship with, neither did He stipulate that the Hebrew translation of His name alone be retained and used. What this means is that it is of NO ISSUE what language translation His name is said or used in. undecided

Trying to an issue out of a non-issue, that is not of God but of man. undecided

It is an issue because it has to do with indoctrination which keeps one stuck.

Maybe you don't care. But for me ,I know that following the truth, even when I cannot figure out immediately where it would lead to ,
would always end in freedom. Lies( indoctrination) keep you stuck and prevents you from evolving as a human being.

The choice is yours

You have not giving any direct answer to any of the questions asked.

The first thing you did was to refer me to an article written by a writer with an obvious bias for the subject matter and you think it would be enough.

That did not work and your latest strategy is to hide under what Jesus instructed or did not instruct.

Your latest defense, sorry to say is both childish and criminal.

It is what children and adults do to escape punishment after doing what they know they are not suppose to do.

A child pleads, "mummy please don't flog me, I did it because you didn't tell me not to"

An adult that is supposed to know better urinates openly in a public park and when confronted, he pleads ignorance and says, "oh I did not see a "do not urinate here" sign. "No one told me not to urinate here"

I dont know where and when it has ever happened , for someone in their right senses to completely abandon their original name in their own language for a translated version of the same name in another language.
And not only that ,the same person would also agree to answer to whatever translation of that same name in several languages at the same time.

Who does that?

Did Yeshua instruct you to call him with a translated version of his name?

Oh, because he has not said anything concerning the name, then you assume you're at liberty to do whatever you like.

If he were to appear in your room right now ,and ask why choose to call him Jesus instead of Yeshua, what would be your reply?

Would you insist on Jesus instead of Yeshua in that instance?

We should not throw away common sense just because we want to defend the untruth.

None is sure whether a being called Yeshua ever existed. An Israeli I know says no one like that.

But if it is true he ever existed, then he can never be the same as Jesus which is roman creation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

By Faith Alone? / The Seven Deadly Sins. Anyone Else Watching It On The History Channel / Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye Endows A N50m Professorial Chair At Unilag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.