Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,053 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

Th - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Th (16179 Views)

~@@th~!https://nbanbaplayoffsnba.com/ / Is It True People From Igueben Can't Marry Th People From Ekpoma? / Colours Of Mkpat Enin Festival (#comefest) 2018, Cultural Fiesta To Celebrate Th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Th by musiwa10: 7:16am On Aug 18, 2021
The

1 Like

Re: Th by musiwa10: 7:23am On Aug 18, 2021
G

4 Likes

Re: Th by HornyTave: 7:49am On Aug 18, 2021
Lol...
Yet the title of their king is Benin.
They have laws specifying only princes born of Benin and Itshekiri mothers can be king.

The Yoruba, like the Ibos can't stand alone, they would always drag the Midwest region in their mirage country.
Lol...
Re: Th by Poiu11: 7:58am On Aug 18, 2021
HornyTave:
Lol...
They have laws specifying only princes born of Benin and Itshekiri mothers can be king.

The Yoruba, like the Ibos can't stand alone, they would always drag the Midwest region in their mirage country.
Lol...
it was call mid hwest state. You are not correct. The olu of warri is derive from ondo people

2 Likes

Re: Th by theTranslator: 7:59am On Aug 18, 2021
HornyTave:
Lol...

Lol...
lol
The king of Benin is Yoruba
Their name "Benin" is from Yoruba
Itsekiri speaks Yoruboid
"Olu" is Yoruba
That stupid law has been destroyed
Their new Olu has a Yoruba mother from Ogun State
No amount of crying can change that cheesy

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Th by HornyTave: 10:51am On Aug 18, 2021
theTranslator:
lol
The king of Benin is Yoruba
Their name "Benin" is from Yoruba
Itsekiri speaks Yoruboid
"Olu" is Yoruba
That stupid law has been destroyed
Their new Olu has a Yoruba mother from Ogun State
No amount of crying can change that cheesy

Lol.

I think I should educate you.

Timeline of migration and name change of Benin.

1. The first People to leave Igodomigodo, capital city of Igodo were the Urhobo, they know Benin as Akah.

2. The next set of People that left Benin was Prince Izoduwa, a banished Prince, banished by Oliha and the palace chiefs. When the custodian of the throne died, he was looked for, in the hinterland ( ife ), prior his arrival to Ife, history has it the clans there not united, he united them and has a son in Oyo as Alaafin while he remained in Ife as Diviner.
When the emissary from Igodo came to Izoduwa ( Oduduwa ), he was old and couldn't leave, hence he sent the last of his son, Oranmiyan in his stead, Oranmiyan lived in present Day Usen and renamed the place Ile'Ibinu which means land of the angry,
a. Brcause he didnt understand the language.
b. He didnt understand the politics played there

He said only a son born in Benin can rule Benin. He gave birth to a son named Eweka, and He returned to Ife.
Oranmiyan was the First One and 36th Ogiso ( Oba of Benin during His coronation )

The other People that left Benin was the Was an folks starting during the time of One Ewuare the first who changed the Name Bini to Edo in respect to A servabt who saved his Life. Harsh laws and injustice, running away from the law, made the Esan fled.
The other People who left Edo was Prince Opkameri, who formed the Edo north Chiefdoms, He later became Oba Ozolua who died during the Benin - Esan War.
The Itshekiris left at a later time, after Ozolua and before Esigie. Thier kings name always start with Oghiamen means Lord of Water.
During the Idah - Benin war, Esigie extended Benin rule accross the Niger ( Orisha - Ado, corrupted to Onitcha Ado ).
Also it was during the time of Esigie, Benin founded Eko ( Lagos ) a forward base in,doing business with the Europeans.

The king maker in Itshekiri and highest title holder is Ologbostere, a title with Benin Origin, recall the Delta state government issued it won't recognise the Olu if Ologbostere didn't approve his coronation which led the Oba of Benin to intervene. His reason were, it is against tradition to have a king of a Yoruba mother.

There are 3 version of bini language,
The old Akah variant
The old yoroboid variant and another which ive forgotten...

Lol

Even Owo has Benin ancestry and part of Ado - Ekiti.

Come with facts bro, I'm jobless today, lets make it fun with facts,

2 Likes

Re: Th by HornyTave: 10:54am On Aug 18, 2021
Poiu11:
it was call mid hwest state. You are not correct. The olu of warri is derive from ondo people

Who was the first Olu?
How did the Olu dynasty began?
Why is he called Oghiamen?

The Itshekiri are also in Ondo, sure, same way Yoruba people are in Edo North, speaks Yoruba and bears Yoruba name, doesn't make, them Yoruba.

I have an English name, speak English but I'm not English.
Understand now?

1 Like

Re: Th by theTranslator: 11:42am On Aug 18, 2021
HornyTave:

Lol.

1. The first People to leave Igodomigodo, capital city of Igodo were the Urhobo, they know Benin as Akah.

2. The next set of People that left Benin was Prince Izoduwa, a banished Prince, banished by Oliha and the palace chiefs. When the custodian of the throne died, he was looked for, in the hinterland ( ife ), prior his arrival to Ife, history has it the clans there not united, he united them and has a son in Oyo as Alaafin while he remained in Ife as Diviner.
When the emissary from Igodo came to Izoduwa ( Oduduwa ), he was old and couldn't leave, hence he sent the last of his son, Oranmiyan in his stead, Oranmiyan lived in present Day Usen and renamed the place Ile'Ibinu which means land of the angry,

He said only a son born in Benin can rule Benin. He gave birth to a son named Eweka, and He returned to Ife.
Oranmiyan was the First One and 36th Ogiso ( Oba of Benin during His coronation )

The other People that left Benin was the Was an folks starting during the time of One Ewuare the first who changed the Name Bini to Edo in respect to A servabt who saved his Life. Harsh laws and injustice, running away from the law, made the Esan fled.
The other People who left Edo was Prince Opkameri, who formed the Edo north Chiefdoms, He later became Oba Ozolua who died during the Benin - Esan War.
The Itshekiris left at a later time, after Ozolua and before Esigie. Thier kings name always start with Oghiamen means Lord of Water.
During the Idah - Benin war, Esigie extended Benin rule accross the Niger ( Orisha - Ado, corrupted to Onitcha Ado ).
Also it was during the time of Esigie, Benin founded Eko ( Lagos ) a forward base in,doing business with the Europeans.

The king maker in Itshekiri and highest title holder is Ologbostere, a title with Benin Origin, recall the Delta state government issued it won't recognise the Olu if Ologbostere didn't approve his coronation which led the Oba of Benin to intervene. His reason were, it is against tradition to have a king of a Yoruba mother.

The old Akah variant

Lol

keep decieving yourselves cheesy

I know it must be painful loosing supposed vassals

I didn't read this though
so don't write an epistle next time

but I want to ask a little question

why does Itsekiri have a functional OPC (Oduduwa peoples Congress)?
argue with gregyboy your master in lies and tao11 has disgraced many a time

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Th by theTranslator: 11:43am On Aug 18, 2021
HornyTave:

Who was the first Olu?
How did the Olu dynasty began?
Why is he called Oghiamen?

The Itshekiri are also in Ondo, sure, same way Yoruba people are in Edo North, speaks Yoruba and bears Yoruba name, doesn't make, them Yoruba.

I have an English name, speak English but I'm not English.
Understand now?
lol
akoko Edo are not Yoruba?
I give up on you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Th by HornyTave: 12:36pm On Aug 18, 2021
theTranslator:

lol
akoko Edo are not Yoruba?
I give up on you

Do you know Laoze is good morning in Opkameri?
Re: Th by HornyTave: 12:37pm On Aug 18, 2021
theTranslator:
keep decieving yourselves cheesy

I know it must be painful loosing supposed vassals

I didn't read this though
so don't write an epistle next time

but I want to ask a little question

why does Itsekiri have a functional OPC (Oduduwa peoples Congress)?
argue with gregyboy your master in lies and tao11 has disgraced many a time

Give me historical facts bro. Till then I'll ignore u.
Re: Th by theTranslator: 12:37pm On Aug 18, 2021
HornyTave:

Do you know Laoze is good morning in Opkameri?

I don't
and I don't need to
why does Itsekiri have OPC Oduduwa peoples Congress?

1 Like

Re: Th by theTranslator: 12:38pm On Aug 18, 2021
HornyTave:

Give me historical facts bro. Till then I'll ignore u.

1 Like

Re: Th by HornyTave: 12:46pm On Aug 18, 2021
theTranslator:

I don't

and I don't need to

I dont know if Itshekiri has OPC, all my stay in warri, I never came accross them.

Till you bring historical facts, you're ignored

Let me ask you another question, during the Oba installation, why wasnt any burial conducted through out Edo state and part of Delta?

Lets even focus on the Itshekiri

How does the traditional attire of the Itshekiris related to Yoruba?

Until you've valid answers with proofs and not whining in ignorance, you're ignored

Re: Th by theTranslator: 12:49pm On Aug 18, 2021
HornyTave:

I dont know if Itshekiri has OPC, all my stay in warri, I never came accross them.

Till you bring historical facts, you're ignored

Let me ask you another question, during the Oba installation, why wasnt any burial conducted through out Edo state and part of Delta?

Lets even focus on the Itshekiri

How does the traditional attire of the Itshekiris related to Yoruba?

Until you've valid answers with proofs and not whining in ignorance, you're ignored
you will cry lol

3 Likes

Re: Th by HornyTave: 12:54pm On Aug 18, 2021
theTranslator:
you will cry lol

Keep ranting man, I don't exchange words with empty people.
Have a good day
Re: Th by theTranslator: 12:58pm On Aug 18, 2021
HornyTave:

Keep ranting man, I don't exchange words with empty people. Have a good day
why does Itsekiri have OPC Oduduwa peoples Congress? grin

3 Likes

Re: Th by Poiu11: 8:25pm On Aug 18, 2021
HornyTave:

Lol.

The old Akah variant

Lol

You are telling lies. Your history is not correct

4 Likes

Re: Th by HornyTave: 9:42am On Aug 19, 2021
Poiu11:

You are telling lies. Your history is not correct
Pls tell me the correct one
Re: Th by FairlyUSEDpussy: 9:50am On Aug 19, 2021
HornyTave:
Lol...

Lol...

Why speak on what u don't know??
No itsekiri will distant himself/herself from yoruba.........

5 Likes

Re: Th by HornyTave: 9:54am On Aug 19, 2021
FairlyUSEDpussy:

Why speak on what u don't know?? No itsekiri will distant himself/herself from yoruba.........
lol... are you an Itshekiri?
oya tell me the correct one
Re: Th by FairlyUSEDpussy: 10:11am On Aug 19, 2021
HornyTave:

lol... are you an Itshekiri?

oya tell me the correct one

Ever wondered why itshekiri have yoruba names??
Olu,ayo,wumi etc.....

Or those dat seem like a coincidence to u??

6 Likes

Re: Th by HornyTave: 10:25am On Aug 19, 2021
FairlyUSEDpussy:

Ever wondered why itshekiri have yoruba names?? Olu,ayo,wumi etc.....
Or those dat seem like a coincidence to u??
Ora, Okpameri also have Yoruba names. Mostly these names are a result of Inter-marriage.
I have Nephews and a Niece who are Itshekiris but have Ishan names...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Why Have We Been So Far Behind Whites: ? / A Brief History Of The Igarra People..my People / Emir Sanusi Pays Bill Of Patient That Requires Kidney Transplant Surgery In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.