Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,581 members, 7,812,900 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

Th - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Th (16196 Views)

~@@th~!https://nbanbaplayoffsnba.com/ / Is It True People From Igueben Can't Marry Th People From Ekpoma? / Colours Of Mkpat Enin Festival (#comefest) 2018, Cultural Fiesta To Celebrate Th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Th by geosegun(m): 5:24am On Sep 02, 2021
HornyTave:

Lol...
I've told you guys times without number, languages has sub dialect and general dialect.
for example, during my time in Ado Ekiti, I heard another way they say good morning which I cant even type... its either Ikere tongue or the place where the Institute of health is situated.
also Benin only has more than 10 ways kf saying good morning
Ishan has more than 5 ways of saying good morning.
Okpameri has individual languages. the way makeke will say good morning differs from uneme.

Itshekiri and Yoruba might share common tongue on some words etc, that doesnt change the fact their ancestors were from Bini.
Also languages do intermix, example, the Ishan and Anioma has many languages in common, also the Benin and Ishan has too many things in common, I might say I'm from Bini and I'm correct.
During my time in Itshekiri, many people I know has families in Ondo, mostly riverine town bordering delta...

That is culture for you, its not fixed.
what is fixed in culture are mostly State Idols, Rituals and coronation ceremony.

The Bini also founded a portion of Lagos, which the Oba of lagos presides but there are no Bini speaking group in Lagos.
you get my point??

I wonder why you guys like to argue blindly. Itsekiri are sub Yoruba people. The royal family and some chiefs in Benin are also Yorubas why most people/subjects and some chiefs in Binin are edo.

The itsekiri first King is first.son of the Benin Yoruba King...and history has it that they spoke Yorubas too in their palaces as official language. The itsekiri people that owns Iwere land (Warri) are Yoruboid. The real itsekiri will onfirm this without mincing words. The presence of Oni of Ife and even Obasanjo paying homage to royal stool was to indirectly pass a message across, history manupulators that they are part of the Yoruba. If Nigeria were to divide today. We are not leaving our people (Itsekiri) and few others behind unless they say otherwise.

The Yoruba influence in the cultural, political and civilisation of the subsaharan block can not be over emphasized. Look closely and.you will come to terms tha Truly the present, is the key to the past.

The Benin did not found Lagos. The King of Benin, being a scion of the the Yoruba King from Ife was simply accepted as the prince with Yoruba blood and was automatically respected and allowed to lord over the Yoruba people already farming in the area. At the time, there was no ruler or king who could mediate between the people as at the time.

For example, there was a prince of Oyo that was captured as a slave to Brazil and was automatically accepted the leader/prince/King in Brazil. He even helped the Europeans in war and was really good at what he does. It was easy for him to be recognized as a leader because he was a prince and well respected among his own people. If the Royal scion of Benin were not Yorubas. I can bet you that, the Benin Prince will be relegated to the levels of the vegetables and such will never happen in itsekiri, Benin and Eko (Lagos). Think about it.

4 Likes

Re: Th by OGUN622: 5:29am On Sep 02, 2021
geosegun:

I wonder why you guys like to argue blindly. Itsekiri are sub Yoruba people. The royal family and some chiefs in Benin are also Yorubas why most people/subjects and some chiefs in Binin are edo.

The itsekiri first King is first.son of the Benin Yoruba King...and history has it that they spoke Yorubas too in their palaces as official language. The itsekiri people that owns Iwere land (Warri) are Yoruboid. The real itsekiri will onfirm this without mincing words. The presence of Oni of Ife and even Obasanjo paying homage to royal stool was to indirectly pass a message across, history manupulators that they are part of the Yoruba. If Nigeria were to divide today. We are not leaving our people (Itsekiri) and few others behind unless they say otherwise.

The Yoruba influence in the cultural, political and civilisation of the subsaharan block can not be over emphasized. Look closely and.you will come to terms tha Truly the present, is the key to the past.
Give us facts he is yoruba not cock and bull stories, subject kill you there!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Th by geosegun(m): 5:57am On Sep 02, 2021
OGUN622:
Give us facts he is yoruba not cock and bull stories, subject kill you there!

Facts are there in history books. I don't want to believe you are too lazy to read some? I sorry, I may not be able to spoonfeed you at this point. Many thanks for your understanding.

Also, below is the response you mentioning Lagos...

The Benin did not found Lagos. The King of.Benin being a scion of the the Yoruba King from Ife was simply accepted as the prince with Yoruba blood and was automatically respected and allowed to lord over the Yoruba people already farming in the area. At the time, there was no ruler or king who could mediate between the people/farmers as at the time.

For example, there was a prince of Oyo whose father was captured as a slave to Brazil. The Yoruba slaves (many) automatically accepted him as their leader in Brazil. The slave master have no option than to treat him as such as he automatically commands respect from his people. He was described as a master strategist. He even helped in wars and was really good.and respected. Such are the attributes of a typical Yoruba. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%C3%A2ndido_da_Fonseca_Galv%C3%A3o

This was easy for him to be recognized as a leader because he is among his own people. If the Royal scion of Benin are not Yorubas. I can bet you you such will never happen in itsekiri and Benin and Eko (Lagos). Think about it.

3 Likes

Re: Th by OGUN622: 6:15am On Sep 02, 2021
geosegun:

Facts are there in history books. I don't want to believe you are too lazy to read some? I sorry, I may not be able to spoonfeed you at this point. Many thanks for your understanding.

Also, below is the response you mentioning Lagos...

The Benin did not found Lagos. The King of.Benin being a scion of the the Yoruba King from Ife was simply accepted as the prince with Yoruba blood and was automatically respected and allowed to lord over the Yoruba people already farming in the area. At the time, there was no ruler or king who could mediate between the people/farmers as at the time.

For example, there was a prince of Oyo whose father was captured as a slave to Brazil. The Yoruba slaves (many) automatically accepted him as their leader in Brazil. The slave master have no option than to treat him as such as he automatically commands respect from his people. He was described as a master strategist. He even helped in wars and was really good.and respected. Such are the attributes of a typical Yoruba. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%C3%A2ndido_da_Fonseca_Galv%C3%A3o

This was easy for him to be recognized as a leader because he is among his own people. If the Royal scion of Benin are not Yorubas. I can bet you you such will never happen in itsekiri and Benin and Eko (Lagos). Think about it.
Ok I have two questions for you,(1)how did your Oranmiyan take over Benin since your history said he was invited if he was invited.

(2) how was he able to communicate with the people on ground since he was not Bini

(3) what would have warranted his invitation since they would not be able to communicate with him

(4)also were the People tired of ruling themselves to go for a total stranger who can't communicate with them in the first place ( the Oba's tale of Izoduwa sound better here since communication and oneness should be a factor for invitation

(5) will they have willingly surrendered since he was Yoruba and they were Binis ( opposition would have be more since there were no history of conquest and they would have prevailed, why would the general Binis have supported him against the Ogiamen if they don't think he is one of them, most times if not all when Other tribes come to rule and dominate a foreign land, it is usually by conquest.

the Binis were men of war and valour. we conquered you guys and the name of your state Eko is intelligible in Benin meaning war camp, and many of your quarters have the same exact naming pattern of the Esan tribe of Edo not close exact! "Idumu"

They are the only tribe who use that pattern oral
tale which can be distorted will not fly when there are pointers very
strong and deadly ones at that you guys only bullied your Oba into Denial he knows his history. Tribes of coward

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Th by geosegun(m): 6:24am On Sep 02, 2021
OGUN622:
Ok I have two questions for you,(1)how did your Oranmiyan take over Benin since your history said he was invited if he was invited.

(2) how was he able to communicate with the people on ground since he was not Bini

(3) what would have warranted his invitation since they would not be able to communicate with him

(4)also were the People tired of ruling themselves to go for a total stranger who can't communicate with them in the first place ( the Oba's tale of Izoduwa sound better here since communication and oneness should be a factor for invitation

(5) will they have willingly surrendered since he was Yoruba and they were Binis ( opposition would have be more since there were no history of conquest and they would have prevailed, why would the general Binis have supported him against the Ogiamen if they don't think he is one of them, most times if not all when Other tribes come to rule and dominate a foreign land, it is usually by conquest.

the Binis were men of war and valour. we conquered you guys and the name of your state Eko is intelligible in Benin meaning war camp, and many of your quarters have the same exact naming pattern of the Esan tribe of Edo not close exact! "Idumu"

strong and deadly ones at that you guys only bullied your Oba into Denial he knows his history. Tribes of coward
Stop living in denial. You can never rewrite History - I told you, not until recently, Yoruba Language was the official lingua franca in the Benin (ile Ibinu) Royal palace. Hence that should be quite easy for you to understand how the highly valued Binin people were ruled. That should answer you question as I believe that you are a young man of good wisdom?

2 Likes

Re: Th by OGUN622: 6:38am On Sep 02, 2021
geosegun:

Stop living in denial. You can never rewrite History - I told you, not until recently, Yoruba Language was the official lingua franca in the Benin (ile Ibinu) Royal palace. Hence that should be quite easy for you to understand how the highly valued Binin people were ruled. That should answer you question as I believe that you are a young man of good wisdom?
If you have sense, those points should not elude you,

You gave out two points

1)That commonality was a factor that made the Royal Palace of Benin ruled Itsekiri and Lagos and I have asked you

2 what commonality was there that made them invite the Yoruba king, how did he communicate with them since they were yorubas and we were Binis,

What would make them Invite him in the first place since they did not see themselves as one with him, the Name Ibinu is a scam that began in 1917 it is Ubini. Oranmiyan and Oduduwa are myths

3. A Yoruba speaking palace that never gave about 40 Bini Kings Yoruba names grin Abi the populace threaten am say if he give him pikin Yoruba name them go behead am grin go and check the names of past Obas and their children, they all bore pure Edo names. Your Yoruba speaking palace also again is a myth

The scales have fallen off our eyes, people with no history cannot divert our rich history

Answer my questions don't dodge them or you have low IQ or severe double standard

If you have a brain you should have seen that the story your father sold to you was scam

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Th by TAO11(f): 7:19am On Sep 02, 2021
The Bini miscreant above cracks me all the time.

Writes nonsense and still proceeds to like his own crap with his own numerous accounts, viz.

OGUN622, UGBE634, OKAIGUN252, OLOKUN175, EDORODION, EKABA691, OKAIVBO

Can mental health troubles be deeper than that? cheesy

Th day psychiatrists will descend on Benin kingdom’s case file ehn, dem go work tire. Lol.

Now TO Debunking His Nonsense:
(1) The so-called “BeNin RoYaL hOusE” never (I repeat never) ruled Lagos island at any point in time in the course of human history.

And the Itsekiris accepted Ginuwa (rather than forced himself upon them) based off of his recognizable Ife royalty, via the Benin royal house.

Binis must urgently start living in the real world now.

(2a) The invitation to Ife during the breakdown of the Ogiso monarchy was the Bini elders’ last argument against the Ogiamien faction.

In other words, a return to Ife which was, in the first place, responsible for introducing the first ‘monarchy’ which the natives came to mythologize as Ogiso.

And the first introduction of monarchy worked due to one or more of:

(I) A higher civilization was fostered early among the Yoruba group.

[This may be a bitter-pill for you, but the evidence lies all around you: the sculpture art tradition the political acumen, the spread, etc.]

(II) An early archaic relationship must have existed in the forest between all these groups in the proto-YEAI cluster, etc. This is only logical.

(2b) IF you’re wondering how they communicated, I think you’re actually misdirecting your wonder. You should instead wonder how the first Europeans who first set foot on our shores communicated with the the Awori, the Ijebus, the Itsekris, the Binis, etc.

IF this doesn’t deserve your wondering (but it’s native groups who have lived as neighbors in the same part of the world for thousands of years that deserves it); then something is genuinely wrong somewhere with you.

(2c) Please provide us with the evidence showing how wE know that “Ibini” bEgAn in 1917. Thanks /scheesy

Also, provide us with the evidence for how wE kNoW that Oduduwa and Oranmiyan are mYtHs [/s], but yet the following names are nOt:

Eweka I
Uwuakhuahen
Henmihen
Ewedo
Oguola
Edoni
Udagbedo
Ohen
Egbeka
Orobiru
Uwaifiokun
Ewuare I
Ezoti
Olua
Ozolua
Esigie
Orhogbua
Ehengbuda
Ohuan
Ohenzae
Akenkpaye
Akengbedo
Ore-Oghene
Ewuakpe
Ozuere
Akenzua I
Eresoyen
Akengbuda
Obanosa
Ogbebo
Osemwende

That is, tell us why these listed names are not myths.

(3) That the palace is Yoruba-speaking is well attested even by eyewitness writings from the 1600s.

Listen, Yoruba was not merely a language being used in the palace, it is the lingua-franca for the kingdom.

A lingua-franca is an esteemed language spoken by natives alongside their own native language.

The dominant-home-culture is Bini. The palace’s 2nd parents are Binis. The Bini language is thus bound to play its dominant role in the names.

However, regardless of how dominant the influence of the home-Bini language is in christening, Yoruba is still intelligible in the names of some of the kings.

To make things clearer for you with a similar analogy, the Itsekiri monarchy traces to Benin [although finally to Ife through the Benin royal house], how come the Itsekiri kings (many of them) bear Yoruba names and Portuguese names? You get the gist now.

Cc: theTranslator, musiwa10, Poiu11, FairlyUSEDpussy, Efewestern, geosegun, googi, nisai, rhektor, YungMillionaire

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Th by TAO11(f): 8:04am On Sep 02, 2021
HornyTave:
Owo has no Benin relationship yet they use the Ada and Eben in their coronation
their King's coronation as same as the Igue festival of Benin...
Am I the only who think you Bini revisionists do suffer from partial amnesia apart from your delusions and other chronic mental health problems????

Your comment in this regard was originally that Owo and Ado-Ekiti have Benin ancestry — see your own words embedded below.
HornyTave:
•••
Even Owo has Benin ancestry and part of Ado - Ekiti.
•••
You want to now change mouth from “ancestry” to “relationship” because I set you ablaze with evidence.

Now ask yourself a genuine question, say: “Am I well?”

As regards relationship, are you aware that Owo lies in the eastern Yorùbá frontier and as such is bound to have had early commercial and political contacts with Benin kingdom leading to cultural borrowings??? Are you aware??

As for the Àdá & Abẹ̀rẹ̀ (which you Bini fraudsters have managed to now corrupt to Ada & Eben), this is likely to be one of Owo’s borrowings from Benin.

However, I will demonstrate in due course with very shocking (for you) evidences that Benin obtained the insignias from Ile-Ifẹ̀.

the same Yoruba tribe that was named by Fulanis some few hundred years ago is chest beating...
Oh your own version is Fulani not Hausa. cheesy.

Well, whichever version of lies you hold on to, death has paid your delusions a visit today. Struggle all you want.

The delusion that the name “Yoruba” was Christened by Hausas or by Fulanis (and accepted by Yorubas) is worth getting a medal for joke of our century.

Why? Because there is no atom of historical evidence for it. On the contrary, historical & linguistic evidence shows clearly that:

(1) The word “yoruba” (or any twist one gives it) has no meaning whatsoever in Hausa or Fulfude.

(2) The name “Yoruba” has been our name since prior to the 1600s — i.e. since the 1500s (if not earlier).

(3) The etymology of the name “Yoruba” as passed by traditions down to present time is that it comes from our indigenous words with a beautiful meaning that makes one glow with pride.

Well, you’re just being yourself — an ignoramus. By the way your own Benin traditions admits that the name “Benin” comes originally from Yorubaland.

Bia sef, apart from the ragtag fulani invasion you guys managed to pend, which other war did your mighty Yoruba fight??
Yorubaland is not one kingdom. If Yoruba fought its precolonial neighbors as one unit, that would be as bringing a machine gun to a cane fight.

Each of the several freeborn independent kingdoms of Yoruba operated with a fair degree sovereignty. As such each fought its enemies alone — except in rare cases such as the Yoruba civil war which is probably the longest in the history of civil wars in the world.

In any case, two example of the wars fought by the Yorubas is as attached in the screenshot below.

though the ass whooping the Fulanis gave you guys in Ilorin is still fresh.
Lol. chest beaters
Rather than educate you that the case of Ilorin is one of the Yorubas (and some non-Yoruba elements, viz. Hausa, Fulani, Nupe, etc.) staging a “coup” to seize Ilorin’s control/ownership from Oyo; I would rather ask that you explain to us when parts of Benin kingdom got ceded to the “Emirate” as shown in the second attachment below.

Peace!
Cc: theTranslator, musiwa10, Poiu11, FairlyUSEDpussy, Efewestern, geosegun, googi, nisai, rhektor

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Th by macof(m): 8:44am On Sep 02, 2021
EKABA691:
Ologbo is cognate for Yeai group of languages for cat, not everything was borrowed igbos have it too, cat is one of the oldest animal on earth, if Edo don't have it then she is probably not a member of the Yeai group of languages

This is the way, it is pronounced in Benin Ologbose with the E facing down like in Ene and with a stretch, Just like in Iyase, that "Se" there is just to emphasize the other word properly "Iyase-na me try pass" then in the case of "Ologbose" it is stressing the size of the "Ologbo" meaning cat in Essense with Ologbose it is big cat or leopard as he has said Ultimately meaning an Henchman, a backbone someone who can be seen as not so obvious but all the same so powerful
Good submission but the problem I see here as to why it is likely not a shared proto-YEAI is that "Ológbò" (as it is in Yorùbá) looks very much like a contraction of Oní Ogbò. And it is "Onogbo" in Urhobo. Ẹlẹ́dẹ̀ is another animal name that looks like such a contraction.. I will even add "Ẹlẹ́yẹ" although nowadays it is simply "ẹyẹ".. Establishing that it is not rare to name animals like this in Yoruba
Not even in Igala are these animal names present including "Ologbo", in Igala it is "Obala" which may be cognate with another Igbo word for cat "Nwobili"

Also for clarity's sake isn't it "Iyasẹ" or "Iyasẹrẹ" and "Ologboṣere" because I didn't quite understand your explanation on the pronunciation there

Although I'm not saying the title of "Ologboṣere" is originally used by Yorubas, that I don't know yet, I will still learn more. But what I'm suggesting is that the word is Yorùbá language.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Th by RedboneSmith(m): 9:23am On Sep 02, 2021
macof:

2. So much talk about Ologboṣerè, yet if asked to give its meaning in Bini you wouldn't be able to.
Even at first look, you can recognise the n-l palatalization which is a signature of yoruba language.
Anyone correct me if that exist in other Volta-Niger languages

Ologboṣerè can be derived from Oní ògbo ṣe èrè/ire = "the wielder of the two-edged sword prospers/does a good thing"

The Bini have a story that seeks to explain the Ologbosere title. The story goes that Ologbosere is a contraction of Ologbo Iyasere, i.e., "The Iyasere's Cat".

According to Bini tradition, an Oba of Benin was trying to replace a powerful Iyase named Ode with an immigrant from Ogwashi Ukwu known as Ogbonmwan. The Oba made Ogbonmwan the Iyase, but Ode proved too powerful to be replaced. To avert crisis, the Oba changed Ogbonmwan's title to Ologbosere (Iyasere's cat) and made that title subordinate to the Iyase.
Re: Th by EKABA691: 9:36am On Sep 02, 2021
macof:

Good submission but the problem I see here as to why it is likely not a shared proto-YEAI is that "Ológbò" (as it is in Yorùbá) looks very much like a contraction of Oní Ogbò. And it is "Onogbo" in Urhobo..Ẹlẹ́dẹ̀ is another animal name that looks like such a contraction.. I will even add "Ẹlẹ́yẹ" although nowadays it is simply "ẹyẹ".. Establishing that it is not rare to name animals like this in Yoruba
Not even in Igala are these animal names present including "Ologbo", in Igala it is "Obala" which may be cognate with another Igbo word for cat nwabil
in Igbo it is even beyond that they also have another which is Nwamba. But the one that seem to be widespread and a constant among these groups are NwaOlogbo, Onogbo, Ologbo

macof:

Also for clarity's sake isn't it "Iyasẹ" or "Iyasẹrẹ" and "Ologboṣere" because I didn't quite understand your explanation on the pronunciation there
it is Iyase just as you dotted it above in the first one the "re"is not added with it, in pronunciation and in spelling it is certainly itsekiris corruption of the pronunciation, the same with Ologbose as an added source you can watch how the Bini chiefs in Invasion 1897 produced by Lancelot Imasuen. pronounced it and how severally they called him Ologbose the leopard.

macof:

Although I'm not saying the title ologbosere is yoruba
I don't think it is because the word Ologbo,-Edo Yoruba , Nwologbo-Igbo, Onogbo-Urhobo as can be seen from the screenshot below already shows to be that the name Obala and Nwobili evolved later due to their shared relationship, proximity and culture, it is safe to say that Obala an Nwobili is certainly something more streamlined to the relationship between these two, and with the widespread of Ologbo which also means cat in all the language with varying variations.

Ologbo seems to be Older than the presence of the other two.

11 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Th by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 02, 2021
TAO11:

Am I the only who think you Bini revisionists do suffer from partial amnesia apart from your delusions and other chronic mental health problems????

Your comment in this regard was originally that Owo and Ado-Ekiti have Benin ancestry — see your own words embedded below.
You want to now change mouth from “ancestry” to “relationship” because I set you ablaze with evidence.

As regards relationship, are you aware that Owo lies in the eastern Yorùbá frontier and as such is bound to have had early commercial and political contacts with Benin kingdom leading to cultural borrowings??? Are you aware??

As for the Àdá & Abẹ̀rẹ̀ (which you Bini fraudsters have managed to now corrupt to Ada & Eben), this is likely to be one of Owo’s borrowings from Benin.

However, I will demonstrate in due course with very shocking (for you) evidences that Benin obtained the insignias from Ile-Ifẹ̀.

Well, whichever version of lies you hold on to, death has paid your delusions a visit today. Struggle all you want.

The delusion that the name “Yoruba” was Christened by Hausas or by Fulanis (and accepted by Yorubas) is worth receiving medal for the joke of our century.

Why? Because there is no atom of historical evidence for it. On the contrary, historical & linguistic evidence shows clearly that:

(1) The word “yoruba” (or any twist one gives it) has no meaning whatsoever in Hausa or Fulfude.

(2) The name “Yoruba” has been our name since prior to the 1600s — i.e. since the 1500s (if not earlier).

(3) The etymology of the name “Yoruba” as passed by traditions down to present time is that it comes from our indigenous words with a beautiful meaning that makes one glow with pride.

Well, you’re just being yourself — an ignoramus. By the way your own Benin traditions admits that the name “Benin” comes originally from Yorubaland.

Yorubaland is not one kingdom. If Yoruba fought its precolonial neighbors as one unit, that would be as bringing a machine gun to a cane fight.

Each of the several freeborn independent kingdoms of Yoruba operated with a fair degree sovereignty. As such each fought its enemies alone — except in rare cases such as the Yoruba civil war which is probably the longest in the history of civil wars in the world.

In any case, two example of the wars fought by the Yorubas is as attached in the screenshot below.

Rather than educate you that the case of Ilorin is one of the Yorubas (and some non-Yoruba elements, viz. Hausa, Fulani, Nupe, etc.) staging a “coup” to seize Ilorin’s control/ownership from Oyo; I would rather ask that you explain to us when parts of Benin kingdom got ceded to the “Emirate” as shown in the second attachment below.

Peace!
Cc: theTranslator, musiwa10, Poiu11, FairlyUSEDpussy, Efewestern, geosegun, googi, nisai, rhektor
Get a life madam
Re: Th by FairlyUSEDpussy: 10:05am On Sep 02, 2021
TAO11:

The delusion that the name “Yoruba” was Christened by Hausas or by Fulanis (and accepted by Yorubas) is worth receiving medal for the joke of our century.

Peace!

God bless u ma.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Th by FairlyUSEDpussy: 10:10am On Sep 02, 2021
[s]
Think4Myself:

Get a life madam
[/s]

No......
U sure grow up u lying Bini bimbo......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Th by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 02, 2021
FairlyUSEDpussy:
[s][/s]

No......
U sure grow up u lying Bini bimbo......
I'm sorry but nobody can take you seriously, not with your username
Re: Th by FairlyUSEDpussy: 12:21pm On Sep 02, 2021
Think4Myself:

I'm sorry but nobody can take you seriously, not with your username

Lol...... cheesy
The joke is on u already mr liar........

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Th by Nobody: 12:22pm On Sep 02, 2021
FairlyUSEDpussy:

Lol...... cheesy
The joke is on u already mr liar........
Get a life Yoruba simp
Re: Th by FairlyUSEDpussy: 12:26pm On Sep 02, 2021
Think4Myself:

Get a life Yoruba simp

Go back to school or check a dikko to understand dat bloody illiterate bini.......

Stop disgracing yo ancestors. .....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Th by Nobody: 12:55pm On Sep 02, 2021
FairlyUSEDpussy:

Go back to school or check a dikko to understand dat bloody illiterate bini.......

Stop disgracing yo ancestors. .....
You're simping for tao11 and not thinking straight.
Get your own opinion
Re: Th by HornyTave: 1:49pm On Sep 02, 2021
TAO11:

Peace!

1. Ada and Even predate Oranmiyans arrival.
2. The Irrua's monarch is a Muslim ( Christianity is not kur identity )
3. The Ishan ( my people ) were not under the Benin empire but mlre like allies. lol.

according to my people, the Bini-Esan war and the becoming of Agba'nojie being a god of my people was a result of the War between Him and Oba Ozolua which was fought in Uzea.

have you heard ' Esan Gbe'do ' which loosely means ' Esan will no longer fight the Binis ' and the oath of the Ikhimi tree? it was after the war.

Also the Onojie of Irrua is a Muslim, much as a result of the fulani invasion, and note, the invasion was stopped at ekponma by a combined force of Agbor, Uromi and Ekponma.

Also you cunningly used Emir to make up with Ilorin, lol. baba there's no Emir title holder in Esan land. lol. I doubt that picture sef, maybe a chief cause The oJie of Jesus uses beads and not turban,
Re: Th by HornyTave: 1:53pm On Sep 02, 2021
geosegun:

The Benin did.not.found Lagos. The King of.Benin being a scion of the the Yoruba King from Ife was simply accepted as the prince with Yoruba blood and was automatically respected and allowed to lord over the Yoruba people already farming in the area. At the time, there was now ruler or king who could.mediate between the people as at the time.

For.example, there was a prince of.Oyo.that was calturr as a slave to Brazil and was automatically accepted as.their King in Brazil. He even helped the Europeans.in ward and.was.really.good.and respected. This was easy for.gim.to be recognized as a.leader because he was a prince among his own people. If the Royal scion of.Benin are not.Yorubas. I can bet you you such will never happen in itsekiri and Benin and Eko (Lagos). Think about it.

If I ask u where Olus palace is, you will begin search google.

the Benin palace is yoruba but they don't speak Yoruba... u guys change mouth a lot.

from Benin dont speak yoruba to Benin Palace speak Yoruba.

nkw its the Itshekiri palace that speak Yoruba.

it's only Tao11 that's making some historical correlations, which he peddles to, favour himself. lol. the rest kf u are just babbling.
Re: Th by lifeisgood12: 2:11pm On Sep 02, 2021
OGUN622:

lol you know the name eko only applies ot lagos island right?. Modern day lagos state is made up of parts of ogun state. Most of modern lagos state were either controlled by ijebus, oyo or awori. A simple search in google maps will show the name "eko" refers to lagos island.

1 Like

Re: Th by lifeisgood12: 2:20pm On Sep 02, 2021
EKABA691:
in Igbo it is even beyond that they also have another which is Nwamba. But the one that seem to be widespread and a constant among these groups are NwaOlogbo, Onogbo, Ologbo

it is Iyase just as you dotted it above in the first one the "re"is not added with it, in pronunciation and in spelling it is certainly itsekiris corruption of the pronunciation, the same with Ologbose as an added source you can watch how the Bini chiefs in Invasion 1897 produced by Lancelot Imasuen. pronounced it and how severally they called him Ologbose the leopard.

I don't think it is because the word Ologbo,-Edo Yoruba , Nwologbo-Igbo, Onogbo-Urhobo as can be seen from the screenshot below already shows to be that the name Obala and Nwobili evolved later due to their shared relationship, proximity and culture, it is safe to say that Obala an Nwobili is certainly something more streamlined to the relationship between these two, and with the widespread of Ologbo which also means cat in all the language with varying variations.

Ologbo seems to be Older than the presence of the other two.
i think some nigerians dont know about language families. Yorubas, igbos, edos and others would share similar words because of similar ancestry tree. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/329166432_Argument_for_The_Reclassification_of_Yoruba_as_A_Language_Isolate - if you click on the link you see word similarities between different lnaguages. Hausa which is an afro asiatic language will share similar words with somali, amharic, hebrew, aramaic and other afro asiatic languages
Re: Th by TAO11(f): 2:36pm On Sep 02, 2021
Read this carefully, and be guided going forward.

lifeisgood12:
lol you know the name eko only applies ot lagos island right?. Modern day lagos state is made up of parts of ogun state. Most of modern lagos state were either controlled by ijebus, oyo or awori. A simple search in google maps will show the name "eko" refers to lagos island.
(1) The land of the state called Lagos state today belongs aboriginally to the Yoruba subgroup called Awori.

Yes a very small fraction belongs to the Ijebu [Remo & Ode] subgroup along different axes. But Oyo is not in the picture if honesty is what we seek.

(2) You said modern-day Lagos state is made up of parts of Ogun state. That’s grossly incorrect.

What you probably intended to say is the point made in the 2nd para. of my point (1). As such, Lagos state is NOT made up of parts of Ogun state.

In fact, Lagos state was created at a point in time when there was no Ogun state. And its land mass has remained stable since it creation.

In case you object, then please name me the places which supposedly used to be in Ogun state, but now in Lagos state. Thanks.

(3) Yes, the name Eko actually refers exclusively to the island [alone]. But it has for a long time now being loosely applied to a wider geography of Lagos state.

However, the actual impression I’m trying to correct in your comment is the tendency to fall for the false but popular notion that Lagos island [Eko] was named or ruled by Benin.

That is an ignorant falsehood. Now you know. You’ve got no excuses anymore, right? Lol. Request evidence if you must, but now you know.

Peace.
geosegun
Re: Th by TAO11(f): 3:57pm On Sep 02, 2021
geosegun:
•••
why most people/subjects and some chiefs in Binin are edo.
•••
Truth is powerful, but lie also is.

And your comment here is a testimony to the power of lies. I don’t mean that you are the liar.

I only mean that the Binis have lied so much to you that you’ve been pressured to grant some of their lies.

That’s their one job. They come here. Tell 10 lies in the hope that at least one will be conceded.

The Itsekiri people are aboriginally from Yorubaland through and through.

Yes, they’ve lived side-by-side others (away from core Yoruba elements) for a long period of time.

Make use the following guiding tip going forward. It will help a lot bro:

(1) If a Bini says it, then it’s very, very likely it’s a lie.

So. double check. In fact, triple check.

(2) If you’re not sure [again: if you’re not sure] about it don’t concede it, don’t type it out.

(3) When a Bini types a thing (i.e. when a Bini tells a lie), just ask such Bini for evidence. You will drive him insane.

(4) If such Bini is the desperate type, then expect crap which s(he) will present as evidence.

Look up such so-called evidence if it is found in the reference presented. Usually it is spurious.

And even if found, scrutinize it’s content in context and see if it matches or even supports the claim being mad.

That’s how to handle those lunatics. Do not take their words at face value. They get very sneaky at times.

•••
The King of Benin, being a scion of the the Yoruba King from Ife was simply accepted as the prince with Yoruba blood and was automatically respected and allowed to lord over the Yoruba people already farming in the area. At the time, there was no ruler or king who could mediate between the people as at the time.
•••
This is also another falsehood that has been accepted by many here due to the same Bini pressure tactics.

Again, I am not blaming you completely for typing it. I am only pointing out how powerful lies can be.

I have cited historical evidence to establish that this narrative is a complete falsehood.

In fact, you may feel shocked right now that: could it be false? Again, that’s the powers of Bini lie pressure right there.

Ask for evidence if you must. In fact, argue with me if you must, but one thing you shouldn’t do is to repeat this.

It was okay to repeat it only up to the moment when you didn’t know. Now you know. Don’t be an enabler of their lies.

Spread the truth instead.

Peace.
lifeisgood12

1 Like

Re: Th by TAO11(f): 4:27pm On Sep 02, 2021
Think4Myself:
Get a life madam
What is the root-cause of your agony?
Re: Th by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 02, 2021
TAO11:
What is the root-cause of your agony?
Your stupidity and bigotry
Re: Th by TAO11(f): 5:23pm On Sep 02, 2021
Think4Myself:

Your stupidity and bigotry
You’re in agony and sorrow because of my comments. Wawu! cheesy

Well, you will be in agony and sorrow for a long time, lad — cos I won’t stop flogging your lying kinsmen.

Na cane be crase-man food, dem must to continue to chop am. grin

I’m not sorry for you. Buhaha! cheesy

Re: Th by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 02, 2021
TAO11:

You’re in agony and sorrow because of my comments. Wawu! cheesy

Well, you will be in agony and sorrow for a long time, lad — because I won’t stop flogging your lying kinsmen.

Na cane be crase-man food, dem must to continue to chop am. grin

I’m not sorry for you. Buhaha! cheesy
Get a life is all I ask of you
After that you can get a job
Re: Th by TAO11(f): 5:34pm On Sep 02, 2021
Think4Myself:

[s]Get a life is all I ask of you
After that you can get a job[/s]
Can you explain to us why you project your life reality on others?? Buhaha! grin

Re: Th by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 02, 2021
TAO11:

Can you explain to us why you project your life reality on others?? Buhaha! grin
Man, I can tell you're depressed as hell
Re: Th by TAO11(f): 5:39pm On Sep 02, 2021
Think4Myself:
Man, I can tell you're depressed as hell
You're the depressed one lad. You love to project. That’s it. wink

I love to flog liars — especially liars from Edo land.

You hate how I flog your lying brothers’ skulls. Don’t you? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

A Brief History Of The Igarra People..my People / Emir Sanusi Pays Bill Of Patient That Requires Kidney Transplant Surgery In Kano / The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.