Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,387 members, 7,822,797 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Sir Chikwe Udensi Tackles Ikpeazu Over Refusal To Arm Ebubeagu Security Outfit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sir Chikwe Udensi Tackles Ikpeazu Over Refusal To Arm Ebubeagu Security Outfit (6494 Views)

Don Ubani Blasts Ikpeazu Over Alleged Succession Plot / President Buhari And Fashola Thank Governor Ikpeazu Over Ariaria Electric Projec / Abia Civil Servants Lay Curses On Ikpeazu Over Non-payment Of 9months Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sir Chikwe Udensi Tackles Ikpeazu Over Refusal To Arm Ebubeagu Security Outfit by Metrix147: 9:08am On Aug 18, 2021
A renowned Interpol Systems Consultant in Africa, Sir Chikwe Udensi has condemned the refusal of Abia State governor, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu to arm the Ebubeagu security outfit in the state, describing it as an ordinary club.

The state government had claimed that it contravenes the use of the firearms Act to arm a state-owned security outfit, insisting that it is an exclusive right of the federal government to legislate on the use of firearms.

It says Ebubeagu was put in place to man the forests across Abia from where it will be gathering intelligence to support the police and other agencies carrying out their functions.

A check by ABN TV however revealed that despite not having a federal backing, Amotekun the South West regional security arrangement bears arms which some analysts have attributed to why it is achieving success in protecting people and farmlands in the region.

Responding to the Abia State government's stand, however, Udensi a chieftain of APGA in a political programme on Love FM Umuahia, Open Parliament monitored by ABN TV faulted the government's decision not to arm Ebubeagu, insisting that any security outfit not equipped with arms will not achieve its aims.

He condemned what he called the failure of Southeast Governors to properly finance and coordinate the operations of Ebubeagu to protect people of the region and farmlands from invasion from external forces.

"It is strange to us in security. What we require is robust, visible operations, not those having android phones, and be making calls from the forest.

"We ought to have very comprehensive, visible security outfit massively entrenched in the forests.

"There is a lead way for us to take. Amotekun is taking same. Any security outfit that bears no arms is no security outfit. It might be a club or something...

"Arm is very important in security. It helps in creating the desired result. We cannot leave our heads in the sands and majority of our bodies outside, living like an ostrich. That is very wrong" he cautioned.

He, therefore, called on governor Ikpeazu to device means to arm Ebubeagu to aid its operations.

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/2021/08/udensi-tackles-ikpeazu-over-refusal-to-arm-ebubeagu-says-security-outfits-ordinary-club/

Re: Sir Chikwe Udensi Tackles Ikpeazu Over Refusal To Arm Ebubeagu Security Outfit by Spending123: 9:38am On Aug 18, 2021
Payperboii:
F

For FTC?
Re: Sir Chikwe Udensi Tackles Ikpeazu Over Refusal To Arm Ebubeagu Security Outfit by thatsleepboy1: 10:59am On Aug 18, 2021
We really have problem in the south east. Last week Monday, a whole bus full of passengers was burnt to ashes at nkwogwu in mbaise and it was not in the news. Abeg make una japa.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sir Chikwe Udensi Tackles Ikpeazu Over Refusal To Arm Ebubeagu Security Outfit by Diamondbreed: 11:00am On Aug 18, 2021
Nawa
Re: Sir Chikwe Udensi Tackles Ikpeazu Over Refusal To Arm Ebubeagu Security Outfit by KC031: 11:01am On Aug 18, 2021
Then after you wonder why MNK has so much followership in the east.

7 Likes

Re: Sir Chikwe Udensi Tackles Ikpeazu Over Refusal To Arm Ebubeagu Security Outfit by Myself2(m): 11:01am On Aug 18, 2021
I wonder why they even named the outfit Ebube agu.

There is nothing Agu - like and surely nothing worthy of Ebube in the whole arrangements

5 Likes

Re: Sir Chikwe Udensi Tackles Ikpeazu Over Refusal To Arm Ebubeagu Security Outfit by Karlman: 11:02am On Aug 18, 2021
And they want them to confront and catch armed herdsmen who have AK47?
Mumu governors

4 Likes

Re: Sir Chikwe Udensi Tackles Ikpeazu Over Refusal To Arm Ebubeagu Security Outfit by RadioMOUTH(m): 11:02am On Aug 18, 2021

We go soon leave this country for una

Re: Sir Chikwe Udensi Tackles Ikpeazu Over Refusal To Arm Ebubeagu Security Outfit by Oluolad86(f): 11:03am On Aug 18, 2021
cry please help me please
Re: Sir Chikwe Udensi Tackles Ikpeazu Over Refusal To Arm Ebubeagu Security Outfit by teamoneline: 11:03am On Aug 18, 2021
Ikpeazu is too foolish to be a human being he should have come as a goat or lizard

2 Likes

Re: Sir Chikwe Udensi Tackles Ikpeazu Over Refusal To Arm Ebubeagu Security Outfit by Foreigna2: 11:03am On Aug 18, 2021
Ikpeazu is beyond useless
Re: Sir Chikwe Udensi Tackles Ikpeazu Over Refusal To Arm Ebubeagu Security Outfit by Nonpartisan1: 11:04am On Aug 18, 2021
He doesn't want to offend the IPOB Terrorists.

Remember PDP is the chief sponsor of IpOB Terrorists.
Re: Sir Chikwe Udensi Tackles Ikpeazu Over Refusal To Arm Ebubeagu Security Outfit by Sonnobax15(m): 11:04am On Aug 18, 2021
cheesy
Re: Sir Chikwe Udensi Tackles Ikpeazu Over Refusal To Arm Ebubeagu Security Outfit by Yuernce: 11:05am On Aug 18, 2021
cheesy
Re: Sir Chikwe Udensi Tackles Ikpeazu Over Refusal To Arm Ebubeagu Security Outfit by DropsMic(m): 11:05am On Aug 18, 2021
Igbo leaders are truly shameless

1 Like

Re: Sir Chikwe Udensi Tackles Ikpeazu Over Refusal To Arm Ebubeagu Security Outfit by Angrymode: 11:06am On Aug 18, 2021
As in? What kinda of dumbass decision is this? If I'm a Ebubeagu officer, I will be moving in opposite direction of any security situation.

If I may ask, why is the idiot governor governor not using Ebubeagu as his personal security outfit instead of armed personnels?

2 Likes

Re: Sir Chikwe Udensi Tackles Ikpeazu Over Refusal To Arm Ebubeagu Security Outfit by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 18, 2021
hmmm.. wahala
Re: Sir Chikwe Udensi Tackles Ikpeazu Over Refusal To Arm Ebubeagu Security Outfit by Kingosytex(m): 11:17am On Aug 18, 2021
The ones that Umahi armed are already terrorising Ebonyians.
Just a drive from Kpirikpiri to Mile 50 Via the Osborn La Palm Royal Resort Annex yesterday was hell, I and my pharmacist friend were embarrassed. Those guys are becoming deadlier than the defunct SARS.
My friend even told me he knew one of those guys, he said that the guy sold drugs. That's how they were harassing motorists, demanding this and that...
Can you imagine? Arming a weed smoker whose psyche has already been altered to protect lives. cool

3 Likes

Re: Sir Chikwe Udensi Tackles Ikpeazu Over Refusal To Arm Ebubeagu Security Outfit by GeneralPula: 11:39am On Aug 18, 2021
He condemned what he called the failure of Southeast Governors to properly finance

They’ve looted all the money..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bishop Kukah: I'm Against Insecurity, Economic Woes, Not Buhari / Tinubu Supporters Will Cry Blood After Seeing This Innocent Tweet / Borno: Gov Zulum Appoints 168 Aides, 104 Board Members & 9 Stas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.