Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,592 members, 7,812,929 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:49 PM

Is It Possible To Get An Accommodation Directly From Landlord - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Is It Possible To Get An Accommodation Directly From Landlord (6150 Views)

DIRECT FROM LANDLORD: 3br Flat & Min-flats In Surulere / 2 & 3 Bedroom Flats For Rent At Oyigbo Rivers State Direct From Landlord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible To Get An Accommodation Directly From Landlord by Nobody: 5:40pm On May 19, 2011
I have a room and parlor self contain at Ogunnaike street, off olojojo in oworonsoki for 180k p.a. for 2 years, 50k caution and 50k agrrement am actually moving out on or before month end.

I approached the landlord to give me the balance of my rent and advised that I find someone to take over the place then I will be reimbursed after payment. If you are interested just call 08023855958 immediately as 3 people are already on ground with incomplete money.
Re: Is It Possible To Get An Accommodation Directly From Landlord by walab: 6:04pm On May 19, 2011
some landlords are greedy.despite direct contact with them,they charge commission and agreement including damages.
Re: Is It Possible To Get An Accommodation Directly From Landlord by bidemi12(m): 6:30pm On May 19, 2011
it is easy to give opinions from one side of the fence. if you'all were landlords and had property to let out, i would like to know your feelings then. personaly i would not want every tom dick and harry banging on my door looking for accommodation. i'd rather have someone else do the husstle and bring me the finished product. that being said i dont condone what most agents do. I went through the same crap with them.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Get An Accommodation Directly From Landlord by MMM2(m): 6:39pm On May 19, 2011
op
not possible, cos yoruba people
like agent money.
Re: Is It Possible To Get An Accommodation Directly From Landlord by Thirst4Lif: 7:21pm On May 19, 2011
You can rent directly from the landlord if the landlord happens to own the property.
Re: Is It Possible To Get An Accommodation Directly From Landlord by estatemark(m): 7:27pm On May 19, 2011
Putting the whole blame on landlord and agent is like paying undue attention to the symptoms rather than the real cause of the problem, everything points to demand for homes and availability, technically speaking, market forces. If Government can provide supportive policy that will drive down cost of building material, empower people with cheap sources of mortgage loan, provide good and accessible road and modern means of transportation then we will be on the right direction to solving this problem.

Majority of Nigerians have plots that can easily be developed but are unable to do that because they lack fund or absence of good access road that will enable them get to their place of work if they eventually relocate to their own properties.

The effect of the above is excessive demand for few houses at Victoria Island, Lekki axis, Yaba, Surelere, Anthony Ilupeju, Maryland and since they must get to work earlier, nobody will like to live in an area where you have to spend 2-4 hours in traffic except you want your boss to welcome you with sack letter or queries.
In developed countries, distances and traffic jam is not a determinant of where to live in order to make it to office in goodtime. In such countries also there is deliberate policy of Government to empower people irrespective of their economic status. Almost anyone can acquire houses through long-term mortgage arrangement unlike in Nigeria where such arrangement are fraudulently made to favour few highly placed individuals and their cohorts.

Housing is a basic need for everybody. Any man without a roof over his head cannot be of a sound state of mind to deliver at what he or she knows best. Government must ensure that cost of building materials are brought within the reach of a common man, a bag of cement today is N2,300.00 last year it was between N1,600 –N1,800.
Government should encourage banks to pay more attention providing mortgage at affordable cost and reasonable terms. It should partner with building societies to provide adequate houses for the masses at affordable terms.

Goods roads and development of transportation system are pivotal to solving the problem because this will help to decongest certain area where properties are unduly priced high like Yaba, Surulere
Re: Is It Possible To Get An Accommodation Directly From Landlord by DAY12(m): 7:49pm On May 19, 2011
@OP

You really don't want to know how this sausage is made,  angry angry angry

Ask yourself >>> What exactly do estate agents do ?   undecided undecided undecided

A realtor is a  specific state that help people either sell / buy their property. Ask yourself, how many houses do you know that are already in market?? Madam, don't be a jerk, you can't know, cause you are busy in ya market place selling akara & dundun, while d realtors were busy networking with other professionals.

Due to legal liability, many agents will hesitate to recommend a certain individual or company over another, but they do know which vendors have a reputation for efficiency, competency and competitive pricing. Agents can, however, give you a list of references with whom they have worked and provide background information to help you make a wise selection.

Real estate agents can disclose market conditions, which will govern your selling or buying process, Data such as the average per square foot cost of similar homes, median and average sales prices, You can not know dis madam, so therefore, you need a realtor. angry angry angry

You talking about searching for a landlord yaself in other to get a 1yr house rent?? grin grin grin grin >>>>I nor fit shout<<<<But d ANSWER is yes you can get a one year rent from Lagos Landlord's if you hire a realtor with more education and experience than you? We're all looking for more precious time in our lives, and hiring pros gives us that time. tongue
Re: Is It Possible To Get An Accommodation Directly From Landlord by DAY12(m): 8:11pm On May 19, 2011
estatemark:

Putting the whole blame on landlord and agent is  like paying undue attention to the symptoms rather than the real cause of the problem, everything points to demand for homes and availability, technically speaking, market forces. If Government can provide supportive policy that will drive down cost of building material, empower people with cheap sources of mortgage loan, provide good and accessible road and modern means of transportation then we will be on the right direction to solving this problem.

Majority of Nigerians have plots that can easily be developed but are unable to do that because they lack fund or absence of  good access road that will enable them get to their place of work if they eventually relocate to their own properties.

The effect of the above is excessive demand for few houses at Victoria Island, Lekki axis, Yaba, Surelere, Anthony Ilupeju, Maryland and since they must get to work earlier, nobody will like to live in an area where you have to spend 2-4 hours in traffic except you want your boss to welcome you with sack letter or queries.
In developed countries, distances and traffic jam is not a determinant of where to live in order to make it to office in goodtime. In such countries also there is deliberate policy of Government to empower people irrespective of their economic status. Almost  anyone can acquire houses through long-term mortgage arrangement unlike in Nigeria where such arrangement are fraudulently made to favour few highly placed individuals and their cohorts.

Housing is a basic need for everybody. Any man without a roof over his head cannot be of a sound state of mind to deliver at what he or she knows best. Government must ensure that cost of building  materials are brought within the reach of a common man, a bag of cement today is N2,300.00 last year it was between N1,600 –N1,800.
Government  should encourage banks to pay more attention providing mortgage at affordable  cost  and reasonable terms. It should partner with building societies to provide adequate houses for  the masses at affordable terms.

Goods roads and development of transportation system are pivotal to solving the problem because this  will help to decongest certain area where properties are unduly priced high like Yaba, Surulere

My brother, I dey feel you jarrey! grin

I understand what you have said, but that is not the problem the tenants / people are facing / Talking-about .

even thou 3br serviced flat @ Lekki, Victoria SweetLand grin & Ikoyi is now 500k per year courtesy 9ja govt, grin grin grin

We still want our landlord to considered 6month or at-least 1yr rent. grin grin grin

Yes we can do it. Top producing agents negotiate well because, unlike most tenants / buyers,  they can remove themselves from the emotional aspects of the transaction and because they are skilled. It's part of their job description. Good agents are not messengers, delivering tenant's offers to landlord and vice versa. So my NL people, don't you need A REALTOR cheesy cheesy wink
Re: Is It Possible To Get An Accommodation Directly From Landlord by maankind(m): 8:33pm On May 19, 2011
depends on location in places like lagos and some cities is not too possible, it always on agents
Re: Is It Possible To Get An Accommodation Directly From Landlord by DAY12(m): 8:42pm On May 19, 2011
maankind:

depends on location in places like lagos and some cities is not too possible, it always on agents

Newbie sef jasssy grin
Re: Is It Possible To Get An Accommodation Directly From Landlord by Nobody: 9:33pm On May 19, 2011
i need a two bedroom flat between 250-300k urgently.
Kindly send me an sms if you got one 08029716876
Re: Is It Possible To Get An Accommodation Directly From Landlord by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 19, 2011
am in need of a room and palour self contain in lagos very urgent between 90k to 100k.contact me on criticalpies@yahoo.com
Re: Is It Possible To Get An Accommodation Directly From Landlord by silvasurfa(m): 10:49pm On May 19, 2011
pls i'm also in d hunt for a decent 3bedroom flat around ikeja,my budget is between 300k-600k.my email addy is sue4real@ymail.com
Re: Is It Possible To Get An Accommodation Directly From Landlord by Nobody: 10:07am On May 20, 2011
Greedy lot (some)

Mostly possible by word of mouth or if they self advertise their apartments

but most would still demand extra charges; agreement fees, commission etc
Re: Is It Possible To Get An Accommodation Directly From Landlord by afrobaby(f): 10:20am On May 20, 2011
l.a.j:

i av a room with me now in alagbole.a room with water,just one year rent( 2k per month),agent and comission N20000 everything costs N44000.if u care call,07031368684.am very very serious.am not an agent and am not a fraudster.i will take u there if u care.

adedeji adewunmi.
Can u imagine, the total fee for the house is #24, 000 and u want to collect an additional #20,000 for agency and commission fee, yet u say u are neither an agent nor a frauster, I tell u what, u are worse than both.
@estatemark and dayII, I understand both of u cos u are into the business, u collect the agency and commission fee, before the era of agents and all sort, people do rent houses conveniently, now we have agents, it is damn hard for people to rent.
Have u ever been in a situation whereby after paying an agent2K for consultation, they will take u to a place without a toilet and tell u, once u pay for it, they will construct ur toilet for, av u? Some agents even collect over half of the total rent.
Landlords who are sincere and not greedy can actually notify people of vacant rooms india house by writing it in front of the house and telling them when he/she can be contacted to discuss, many agents collect money and yet take u to houses that are for pigs, if landlord can put the advert in fornt of the house, then one can call him and negotiate if it is what one wants, agents be realistic, u ofcourse know ur business is what we yorubas term as oja okunkun
Re: Is It Possible To Get An Accommodation Directly From Landlord by davidayo: 11:30am On May 20, 2011
yes you can Am a Landlord i have a house in no 15 oluwasiji street. or contact me on 07069518667. am dave.
There are rooms its a face me i face you building.
Re: Is It Possible To Get An Accommodation Directly From Landlord by tayoTFC(m): 11:55am On May 20, 2011
Since Fashola has made Rent payment minimum of 6months now, I think he can do something and make it a kind of law not to pay more than certain amount for both agreement and maintainace fee. Like N5,000 for single room, 10k for two rooms, 12k 2 bedroom flat and so on. perharps that will help. Else, this agent will not look for better jobs than to rob people. and we all must rent a hose somehow till we are able to build one by God's grace. Bur for now Poster Everything na Prayer sha and pray God blesses you.
i dey lafff , oooo.
u want fashola to turn to agent that will be walking from one street of lagos to other to look for accomodation while u will be in ur office inside AC, browisng niairaland site, it can work, we need professional caretaker / estate agent to do this all u need to do is to negotiate the agency fee with them say 5%-10% or see the landlord urself if u are fortunate,
Re: Is It Possible To Get An Accommodation Directly From Landlord by DAY12(m): 6:39pm On May 20, 2011
tayoTFC:

i dey lafff , oooo.
u want fashola to turn to agent that will be walking from one street of lagos to other to look for accomodation while u will be in your office inside AC, browisng niairaland site, it can work, we need professional caretaker / estate agent to do this all u need to do is to negotiate the agency fee with them say 5%-10% or see the landlord urself if u are fortunate,

Gbam!!!

afrobaby:

Can u imagine, the total fee for the house is #24, 000 and u want to collect an additional #20,000 for agency and commission fee, yet u say u are neither an agent nor a frauster, I tell u what, u are worse than both.
@estatemark and dayII, I understand both of u cos u are into the business, u collect the agency and commission fee, before the era of agents and all sort, people do rent houses conveniently, now we have agents, it is damn hard for people to rent.
Have u ever been in a situation whereby after paying an agent2K for consultation, they will take u to a place without a toilet and tell u, once u pay for it, they will construct your toilet for, av u? Some agents even collect over half of the total rent.
Landlords who are sincere and not greedy can actually notify people of vacant rooms india house by writing it in front of the house and telling them when he/she can be contacted to discuss, many agents collect money and yet take u to houses that are for pigs, if landlord can put the advert in fornt of the house, then one can call him and negotiate if it is what one wants, agents be realistic, u ofcourse know your business is what we yorubas term as oja okunkun

Madam, walahi, u nor go find house ( if you continue dis way ).

I swear, I can't even find you one cause you won't pay for my service. grin grin grin

abeg pack well! sad
Re: Is It Possible To Get An Accommodation Directly From Landlord by afrobaby(f): 10:41am On May 23, 2011
with close to 6000 posts, all on property, and yet most are still available, I wonder if people actually patronise u, besides the time u spend on internet, I guess u don't have a lot of customer base, ur service, person wey no build house, urs is to let other people's house out, and yet u say I cant pay for ur service, abeg, u will post forever on nairaland without any custoer, nonsense and wait there till I secure an accommodation from someone reasonable
DAY11.:

Gbam!!!

Madam, walahi, u nor go find house ( if you continue dis way ).

I swear, I can't even find you one cause you won't pay for my service. grin grin grin

abeg pack well! sad

Re: Is It Possible To Get An Accommodation Directly From Landlord by DAY12(m): 4:58pm On May 23, 2011
afrobaby:

with close to 6000 posts, all on property, and yet most are still available, I wonder if people actually patronise u, besides the time u spend on internet, I guess u don't have a lot of customer base, your service, person wey no build house, urs is to let other people's house out, and yet u say I cant pay for your service, abeg, u will post forever on nairaland without any custoer, nonsense and wait there till I secure an accommodation from someone reasonable

grin grin grin grin

Weren't you listening to me, troublesome woman? I know you pretty well, after all, You have been searching for a room & parlor since 2005!

Keep 'on searching madam afrobaby.

God go provide!
Re: Is It Possible To Get An Accommodation Directly From Landlord by Empiree: 4:44am On Apr 15, 2015
omo9ja1:
just happen to me too in abroad I think the issue is a global problem, you just have to pay those devils their fees
grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Country Home Design And Construction with Swimming Pool - Enugu State / Remodeling Of Old Duplex To Modern Type By Arbo Contractor Ltd ( Rotech77 / Renovation Process Of 2 Flats In Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.