Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,694 members, 7,823,949 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder (38965 Views)

"Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) / How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed / Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by jaxxy(m): 11:46am On Aug 19, 2021
Not bad.

1 Like

Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by Mydazz(m): 11:47am On Aug 19, 2021
Snitch24:
Lmao
Bread Hawking
Out of all the hustle
You're definitely clueless bro
U don't have a point
From a bank job to Hawking bread on the street
Not even distributing in large scale
Omoh Dem don dey do u
I swr

If you're not saving 80,000 in a month just know that the bread hawking is better than your job.
And this is not hawking but supply, he just couldn't find a way to put it.
How much do contract staff of banks get in Lagos, much less up north

1 Like

Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by goryorhal(m): 11:48am On Aug 19, 2021
deavicky:
the guy said his life is better now and u are here talking something that sounds like rubbish. U think life by putting on suit while u are hungry underneath in the name of working in the Bank. Banking job that has no career in it.

na their type deir face dey fresh while their total lockdown dey affect their bank account/pocket.........
Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by Ken4agent(m): 11:49am On Aug 19, 2021
Just identify your comparative advantage then you good to go in any Biz u apply It to
Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by Beedude(m): 11:49am On Aug 19, 2021
Snitch24:
Lmao
Bread Hawking
Out of all the hustle
U don't have a point
Omoh Dem don dey do u
I swr
You dont have a point.
I widow i know way back 2005 sold bread to send her kids to school. Around 2011, she moved to her own apartment and even open a bakery there.
So many people u see wake up and go to office around 5am in Lagos cant boast of 30k monthly savings after deducting all their expenses for the month.
Considering the stress and the future, if u have the chance to start your business when u are young dont fail to do so.
Some people selling Akara and bread at a busy spot make more money than someone who earn 150k per month.
Business take time to yield result.
It is a gradual process but once you are known, u will be glad u dropped a white collar job.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by BigRocky: 11:50am On Aug 19, 2021
Sonnobax15:
grin
Good..

Sometimes when I see people making jest of those of us wey dey hustle on a daily for bakery,I just dey shake my head..... Because they don't know how lucrative it is, especially if you've got the idea and experience on it....

For sure,no matter how I go blow reach for this life,I must one day package my own bakery....

Many people may not know this but there's this kinda unique sweetness one derives from being self employed...No insults and see-finish at all.....
My former boss who ventured into the business in 2016 don buy compound last year plus one small car wey he take dey turn around town..

Abeg,miller go ON engine make we start milling jor..

After the milling bring the dole come table mk I mole..

Dats my area of specialization grin
Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by Dminister(m): 11:50am On Aug 19, 2021
Check the people commenting against this are the people always wearing suit and tie begging people for TP money at every bus stop in Lagos when they are going to work or returning from work.

Humble yourself and get your ass up to earn good money. Remember you have responsibilities to yourself. I know graduates who are on the streets hawking and making times two of people salaries working in AC offices. If na puff Puff fry am and hawk o. Everyday money is better then monthly pay and even the monthly pay na peanut. Stop suffering and living like you are enjoying.

6 Likes

Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by deavicky(m): 11:50am On Aug 19, 2021
goryorhal:

so everything for life na motor at times i just dey wonder how peeps like u bin dey sleep at night knowing fully well say nothing dey una head...

see wetin u sef talk ?.......... u and buhari no differ... Siamese twins
u are quoting that guy wrongly, the bread seller said he makes 3 to 5k daily on his sales. The person you quote is saying he should save that profit and buy a car as he said his bike cannot carry as much bread he wants to move.

1 Like

Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by Misterone: 11:51am On Aug 19, 2021
Snitch24:
Lmao
Bread Hawking
Out of all the hustle
U don't have a point
Omoh Dem don dey do u
I swr
you are the one that's definitely clueless bro. any hustle na hustle so far money dey come. make you wait there dey blame Buhari for wetin your papa no fit do, other dey make am dey go.

4 Likes

Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by rolams(m): 11:52am On Aug 19, 2021
goryorhal:

so everything for life na motor at times i just dey wonder how peeps like u bin dey sleep at night knowing fully well say nothing dey una head...

see wetin u sef talk ?.......... u and buhari no differ... Siamese twins

Did you read the bread seller's complaint? If No, go back and read. If Yes, you need to check your brain well.

Next time learn how to reply in a good manner. Being on a faceless platform doesn't give you the audacity to talk to everyone anyhow!
Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by goryorhal(m): 11:53am On Aug 19, 2021
deavicky:
u are quoting that guy wrongly, the bread seller said he makes 3 to 5k daily on his sales. The person you quote is saying he should save that profit and buy a car as he said his bike cannot carry as much bread he wants to move.

my bad.........
Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by Goalnaldo(m): 11:55am On Aug 19, 2021
musty2245:
This bread go sweet die grin
I swear! With oily beans grin mehn enjoyment dey naija cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by aujile(m): 11:59am On Aug 19, 2021
Keep pushing dear, you are on your way to owning a bakery... Hardwork still pays
Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by federal9: 12:00pm On Aug 19, 2021
Some of you don't know that remuneration gets divided. 40% of your salary is going somewhere while 60% is yours.

I laugh at some people here who can't sell their pride.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by ejimatic: 12:02pm On Aug 19, 2021
adenigga:
A Polytechnic graduate in Kaduna, Ali Dahiru, who resigned his job in Zenith Bank and took to selling bread, says his decision has turned out to be a blessing.

Dahiru, a Higher National Diploma holder, who graduated from Kaduna Polytechnic in the field of Cooperative Economic and Management, told the News Agency of Nigeria that he hawked bread on the streets of Kaduna, and was proud of his trade.

”After my graduation, I worked with Zenith Bank as ‘Contract Staff’ for six years, before I resigned to start selling bread.

Narrating how his ‘romance’ with the bread business started, Dahiru said a man that was bringing bread to the bank, arose his interest.

”It was during my annual leave that I decided to talk to a man who sells bread to us in the bank, indicating my interest in the trade.

“I had realised that what he earned in selling bread was more than my monthly earnings at the bank.

”He tried to discourage me on the grounds that as a graduate, bread-selling was not something I should embark on, but I insisted.

”I eventually resigned from the bank and started selling bread on a motorcycle, to the surprise and dismay of some people,” he said.

He said his economic status had risen now, compared with when he was a casual staff at the Zenith Bank, adding that he was now in a position to assist people in need of money.

“I am not ashamed of selling bread as a graduate; those that parade themselves as graduates and do not have a source of income do ask for assistance from me; they should be ashamed, not me.

”I save a minimum of N5,000 daily if my customers did not default in settling my money, but if they do, I save N3000 daily,” he boasted.

According to him, his only challenge is the means of transporting bread to customers, saying the motorbike currently being used, is inadequate.

”I use a motorcycle which cannot carry large quantity of bread to meet up with the demand of my customers; some times I to go to the bakery three to four times, and often time before I finish my supply, the bread at the bakery would have finished,” he said.

While calling on young graduates to embrace legitimate businesses, no matter how little, he admonished the youth to always “cut their coat according to their size.” (NAN)

Source: https://punchng.com/Why-I-resigned-my-bank-job-for-bread-hawking-HND-holder
. Contract staff for six years! Some people who call themselves job recruiters will be collecting money on his head for six years. ONE DAY SLAVERY IN THE BANKING SYSTEM WILL END.

1 Like

Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by dododawa1: 12:07pm On Aug 19, 2021
Kudos but all grace are not equal.
Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by dannymoniq: 12:07pm On Aug 19, 2021
If u like insult the man who left his contract job in a bank and sells or supply bread the fact and the truth still remains that he earns more more money. I know other friends who whi are into legitimate biz and earns more than me a government staff. Just remain sitting down and always insult.
Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by enyiinne(m): 12:10pm On Aug 19, 2021
Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by Trogge: 12:16pm On Aug 19, 2021
OhiOfIhima:
You sure say I no go resign this my 30k job n become a conductor so... This job fvcking sh*t. Damn it. I cry every gadem night thinking of the way forward in this our Obodo Nigeria.

If you know any driver plying Oshodi-Tollgate-Sango road n he is need of conductor, make una ping me oo..
. I have one if you won't fall my hand.
Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by wink2015(m): 12:18pm On Aug 19, 2021
It make sense if he has VEHICLE to convey his bread from one location to another.

Treking on foot does not fit his status and it is stressful.
Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by MrFly(m): 12:21pm On Aug 19, 2021
Snitch24:
Lmao
Bread Hawking
Out of all the hustle
U don't have a point
Omoh Dem don dey do u
I swr
he saves a minimum of 3k and maximum of 5k daily... Invariably he saves 98k a month as a starter considering how much was his last pay after 6 years of working and crying in the bank.
Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by caandi: 12:28pm On Aug 19, 2021
This is not ordinary cos if you’re seeing money as you claimed, why’re you complaining of bike your using is inadequate, simply buy another one if you’re actually seeing money. Pls don’t deceive gullible people.. hawking can never be something to be proud of okay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by skayT: 12:36pm On Aug 19, 2021
Omo na savings between 3k-5k per day Ooo. Meaning he must have deducted other expenses for him to arrive at that amount. That guy is making nothing less than 80k after all deductions on a monthly basis. I doubt if the Zenith bank job will even allow him save up-to that amount on a monthly basis. It's just a matter of time, he's gonna scale up, and he'll start making more money.

I pity those laughing him. They know nothing!
Keep glorifying white collar jobs
Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by Aparche(f): 12:37pm On Aug 19, 2021
wink2015:
It make sense if he has VEHICLE to convey his bread from one location to another.

Treking on foot does not fit his status and it is stressful.

It seems you didn't read the post.

He is not trekking. He is using Motorcycle to supply the bread to customers.

But the quantity he can carry at a go is too small & he has to keep going back to the bakery for more.

And he says that sometimes by the time he gets be there the bread has finished.

What he needs is a car or a (distribution van) to scale his business.

I pray he gets one soon.

He's on the right track.

1 Like

Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by Truvelisback(m): 12:44pm On Aug 19, 2021
Snitch24:
Lmao
Bread Hawking
Out of all the hustle
U don't have a point
Omoh Dem don dey do u
I swr
Oga, if u don't av something sensible to say, just keep quiet. Didn't u read that the bread business is more favourable to him than the bank job?

1 Like

Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by slimman007: 12:54pm On Aug 19, 2021
jieta:
The mistake you made is realising that blue collar job is better than some white collar job. If you had use that six years you spent in the bank to be selling bread by now you would have been saving more than five thousand.

That was how my mum introduce me to her business after graduation, she open a store for me gave me twenty thousand worth of good, in two years i was able to buy a plot of land, in another two years have been able to develop my land to Dpc level.

The next year she belcon on me that she need to go back to our state of origin after spending more than twenty years to develop her store and having numerous customer. Just one year in her store have been able to take my house to lintel level hoping to roof it by December.

Some of this white collar job are overrated.

Good to hear this awesome testimony.please can you introduce me to such a business I have less than #50000 with me now...Just don't know the business to invest into...Thnx

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by awoluyi(m): 12:55pm On Aug 19, 2021
Snitch24:
Lmao
Bread Hawking
Out of all the hustle
U don't have a point
Omoh Dem don dey do u
I swr

A discourager will always provide thousands of reasons how the ideas of a man who on the path to prosperity will not work.
You should run away from such people as they are never notable achievers themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by awoluyi(m): 12:57pm On Aug 19, 2021
Snitch24:
Lmao
Bread Hawking
Out of all the hustle
U don't have a point
Omoh Dem don dey do u
I swr

A discourager will always provide thousands of reasons how the ideas of a man who is on the path to prosperity will not work.
You should run away from such people as they never become notable achievers themselves.
Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by Sammerboi: 12:59pm On Aug 19, 2021
Mans literally said F&&k 9-5. I need mi my own hustle.
Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 19, 2021
KingOfAmebo:
"Majority of the youths commenting on nairaland are the reason Nigeria is in this great mess, I have never seen a larger congregation of youthful fools in a single country as Nigeria (nairaland made me know this)...they are so dumb, daft and stupid"

"Furthermore, they go about displaying their stupidity in public with so much pride and without shame, to them its cool being a fool, some of them think insulting everything Nigeria will transform it to paradise while their life waste away" - Village People spokesperson.

Not all of them are as frustrated as you.
Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by Juicy001: 1:02pm On Aug 19, 2021
Snitch24:
Lmao
Bread Hawking
Out of all the hustle
U don't have a point
Omoh Dem don dey do u
I swr

Do you make up to 100k monthly?
Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by abigailstar: 1:08pm On Aug 19, 2021
ShitHead:
And you're banking on bread hawking?
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can You Describe Your Job? / Tony Elumelu: The Sales Boy Turned Billionaire / 5 Reason You Should Learn ICT Skills While Doing Other Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.