Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,554 members, 7,816,344 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

We Won’t Rest Until Social Media Is Regulated - Lai Mohammed - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / We Won’t Rest Until Social Media Is Regulated - Lai Mohammed (315 Views)

Don’t Rest Until You Expose Your Murderer - Augusta Osedion's Mum / I Won’t Rest Until I Bring Relief To Nigerians, Buhari Vows / Hate Speech: Court Fixes July 13 As Falana, 20 Lawyers Battle Lai Mohammed, NBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Won’t Rest Until Social Media Is Regulated - Lai Mohammed by BadNews: 9:10pm On Aug 18, 2021
Update From . COM

The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, has said the Federal government will not rest until social media platforms are regulated.

The minister said this in an interview with NAN in Washington while reacting to media reports that claimed he sneaked out of Nigeria to the US to meet with Twitter operators to resolve the ban on the micro-blogging site in Nigeria. Lai said fake news such as this reaffirms the need for social media to be regulated.

Speaking during the interview, Mohammed said';

“Can a minister sneak out of Nigeria without people knowing? When you say I sneaked out of Nigeria, are you saying I went to board at a terminal where nobody is or I travelled to the Republic of Benin to fly out of the country?”

I was at an international airport, where I presented myself openly and I was checked in at the counter like every other traveller of the airline. I boarded and passed through the checks by the immigration service and customs. We won?t rest until social media is regulated - Lai Mohammed.

How can you come and say I sneaked out of the country? You and I have been here, have I met with any Twitter official­?

When you talk about fake news and its dangers, we need to take it seriously and I am happy that the entire world is now seeing what we saw more than two years ago. I can assure you that we will not rest until we regulate the social media. Otherwise, nobody will survive it.”

Source: ONLINE NEWS

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Rest Until Social Media Is Regulated - Lai Mohammed by FIRDAUS3(m): 9:13pm On Aug 18, 2021
When you talk about fake news and its dangers, we need to take it seriously and I am happy that the entire world is now seeing what we saw more than two years ago. I can assure you that we will not rest until we regulate the social media. Otherwise, nobody will survive it.” - Lai Mohammed

Nothing sweet me pass ur Name
L .I.E
Re: We Won’t Rest Until Social Media Is Regulated - Lai Mohammed by BadNews: 9:17pm On Aug 18, 2021
FIRDAUS3:
Ok

See More Photos Via www.. com
Re: We Won’t Rest Until Social Media Is Regulated - Lai Mohammed by Afamsi: 9:22pm On Aug 18, 2021
Confused minister with a child's mentality .
Re: We Won’t Rest Until Social Media Is Regulated - Lai Mohammed by Naija147: 9:47pm On Aug 18, 2021
Indeed peace and rest will forever be far from Lai Mohammed
Re: We Won’t Rest Until Social Media Is Regulated - Lai Mohammed by elonmuskbaby: 9:48pm On Aug 18, 2021
grin

Baba Ilorin on the beat again grin
Re: We Won’t Rest Until Social Media Is Regulated - Lai Mohammed by FreeStuffsNG: 9:56pm On Aug 18, 2021
If those who defraud, scam and deliberately concoct lies to destroy others and spread it on social media keep doing it and getting away with it then we are all in big trouble.

The government is in order by insisting on regulating the social media, even UK , EU, India are doing same. If laws are now in place to ensure that those who lie, tarnish , scam and promote fake investment through the social media are apprehended and prosecuted to answer for their crimes , everyone using the social media will be more responsible and accountable for their actions and recklessness.
I didn't even bother to read the fake news that he went to US to meet Twitter, it's no brainer that he won't do such a thing. All the enemies of Nigeria will lose las las. They always lose. God bless Nigeria.
Re: We Won’t Rest Until Social Media Is Regulated - Lai Mohammed by Karlovych: 10:01pm On Aug 18, 2021
embarassed embarassed A bill that will on allow BMCs to sing praises to their darling daddy, nonsense
Re: We Won’t Rest Until Social Media Is Regulated - Lai Mohammed by adefitim(m): 6:45am On Aug 19, 2021
And you shall know no rest

(1) (Reply)

LASTMA Drops Off A Moving Truck While Trying To Arrest Driver (WATCH) / Abia $56m Word Bank Loan Saga: Hon Chijioke Chukwu Faults Newmap Boss, Task Gov / Preferential Treatment Be The EFCC....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.