Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,590 members, 7,955,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:46 PM

Something Rather Unusual Happened Between Igbo And Hausa People In Plateau State - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Something Rather Unusual Happened Between Igbo And Hausa People In Plateau State (345 Views)

Transformer Explodes In Plateau Community, Many Feared Dead / Flood Sweeps Away Pregnant Woman, Kills Two Others In Plateau State / How Hausa People Raised Alarm After Sighting Fulani Trucks In Cross River. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Something Rather Unusual Happened Between Igbo And Hausa People In Plateau State by PROVERBZ(m): 10:40pm On Aug 18, 2021
The recent violence that occured in jos, the capital of plateau state, last week saw a rather unusual relationship between members of an igbo community and the Hausa travellers that where attacked.
Some Igbo people apperently gave abode to some of the Hausa travellers who were caught up in the violence and hide them, provided them with food and beacuse of the curfew also gave them shelter for a couple of days before they helped transport them to the central mosque in the capital jos.

The local hausa- Fulani communities have been singing praises of this Igbo family/community and the kindness they showed.

I don't know what u make of this, I just thought I should share some light in a week that has been so dark.
Re: Something Rather Unusual Happened Between Igbo And Hausa People In Plateau State by Blakjewelry(m): 10:45pm On Aug 18, 2021
Sometimes the bigger picture doesn't summarize the whole at individual level
Re: Something Rather Unusual Happened Between Igbo And Hausa People In Plateau State by FarinJini: 10:52pm On Aug 18, 2021
Nigerians are generally kind and peaceful people. I know this because I was born and bred in the barracks where there are every tribe and religion. You may be from Abia and your neighbor from Borno and you lookout for each other.
Re: Something Rather Unusual Happened Between Igbo And Hausa People In Plateau State by lionel4power(m): 11:11am On Aug 19, 2021
Igbos are naturally friendly to people. An igbo man can go out all the way to help his fellow man. I'm an igbo so I know this very well.
There's an igno tradition that says when a man runs into your house for protection, you must keep him safe from anything chasing him.

That's why you see examples of teenagers run into an igbo family house whenever their parent are chasing them. Or like the example the OP explained above.

It's so sad that Nigeria has made it look like igbos are horrible people. I feel so bad when I see so much hate from Nigerians directed at the igbos.

Igbos are friendly people and everyone can attest to that.
Re: Something Rather Unusual Happened Between Igbo And Hausa People In Plateau State by fourboys: 2:30pm On Aug 19, 2021
cool

Igbos are very kind na... Millions of northern beggers in Lagos , Children,mothers and fathers are fed daily by Igbos... If u doubt me Just go to any business area in Lagos u will understand better

(1) (Reply)

2009 Blue On Black Mini Cooper Clubman S / Take A Look At This, What Comes To Your Mind When You See This (pic) / BREAKING: APC zones 2023 president to the south.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.