Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,244 members, 7,815,341 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Transformer Explodes In Plateau Community, Many Feared Dead - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Transformer Explodes In Plateau Community, Many Feared Dead (35476 Views)

Gas Explosion Rocks Kaduna, Many Feared Dead / Flood Sweeps Away Pregnant Woman, Kills Two Others In Plateau State / Fuel Tanker Explodes In Ewu, Edo. Lives Lost, Property Destroyed (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Transformer Explodes In Plateau Community, Many Feared Dead by NCBLOG: 5:39pm On Oct 14, 2023
Many people were feared dead on Saturday when an electric transformer exploded in Gada Biu community, Jos North Local Government Area of Plateau State.

It was learnt that the incident which occurred around 3: a.m. on Saturday also destroyed some residential buildings and shops in the area.

Residents said the transformer had exploded and set fire to the surrounding buildings and shops leading to the death of the victims.

A resident of the community, John Silas confirmed the incident to The PUNCH in Jos on Saturday.

Silas said, “The people of Kabong village in the Gada Biu community woke up this morning around 3 a.m. to mourn the death of four persons. They were electrocuted due to an electric transformer explosion in the area. I understand that more others were trapped in the fire and we don’t know their fate now.”

The Spokesman for the Plateau State Police Command, Alabo Alfred, when contacted, said they were aware of the fire incident and that an investigation had commenced to unravel what happened.

He said, “Yes, we are aware. Some people also sustained injuries and had been taken to the hospital. So, we have deployed our officers and men to the area to investigate the incident.”

Source: https://punchng.com/many-feared-dead-as-transformer-explodes-in-plateau-community/?amp

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Transformer Explodes In Plateau Community, Many Feared Dead by NCBLOG: 5:40pm On Oct 14, 2023
Another Terrible Bad News, From Plateau.

Don't Forget, Bring This Sad News.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Transformer Explodes In Plateau Community, Many Feared Dead by GanagiBitrus: 5:52pm On Oct 14, 2023
Most likely due to overloading &/or compromised safety cut-offs.
&the signs must have been there but were ignored.

76 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Transformer Explodes In Plateau Community, Many Feared Dead by NCBLOG: 5:59pm On Oct 14, 2023
Darlingtina08:
Haaaaa

Even the bad news should understand that we are tired of it😔

See More Bad News @ www.. com

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Transformer Explodes In Plateau Community, Many Feared Dead by sholikay(m): 6:16pm On Oct 14, 2023
This one strong oooo...

Abi,Israel mistakenly fire bomb come there ni?..

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Transformer Explodes In Plateau Community, Many Feared Dead by Vision4God: 6:54pm On Oct 14, 2023
The pictures I saw wasn't a thing to behold.
Now my question is will power holding company take responsibility and support the affected person's family or business?

Comfort to the families affected by this incidence.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Transformer Explodes In Plateau Community, Many Feared Dead by MDBAKP: 7:45pm On Oct 14, 2023
This govt with bad news be like gboola and kpekus. Make the one for villa catch fire make Tinubu do small exercise.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Transformer Explodes In Plateau Community, Many Feared Dead by Risingblue008(m): 7:45pm On Oct 14, 2023
End
Re: Transformer Explodes In Plateau Community, Many Feared Dead by Skyfornia(m): 7:45pm On Oct 14, 2023
Here in my area, people are selling goods around our transformer..one woman is even frying puff puff..another selling agbo jedi jedi, vulcanizer etc. We have advised them severally of the dangers but they are adamant. We even reported them to electricity company but the officials said it is not in their power to drive them away.

The day accident will happen, they will blame it on devil.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Transformer Explodes In Plateau Community, Many Feared Dead by kadraxkyle(m): 7:45pm On Oct 14, 2023
What were the many fear dead doing around a transmitting transformer. What exactly?

So many questions to ask! Why dem born me for Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Transformer Explodes In Plateau Community, Many Feared Dead by Wealthoptulent(m): 7:46pm On Oct 14, 2023

3 Likes

Re: Transformer Explodes In Plateau Community, Many Feared Dead by NairalandGossip: 7:46pm On Oct 14, 2023
Hmmm

When the time comes to die, anything at all can kill a man

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Transformer Explodes In Plateau Community, Many Feared Dead by id4sho(m): 7:46pm On Oct 14, 2023
End time transformer angry
Re: Transformer Explodes In Plateau Community, Many Feared Dead by Rtk4: 7:46pm On Oct 14, 2023
Please ignore the news... Nepa brought a very high current which caused many houses to burn. The people who lost their lifes where caught up in the inferno of their various houses... That's where i stay.

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Transformer Explodes In Plateau Community, Many Feared Dead by Redstorm(m): 7:46pm On Oct 14, 2023
May their souls rest in peace

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Transformer Explodes In Plateau Community, Many Feared Dead by Postinor: 7:46pm On Oct 14, 2023
Free palestine,God damn israel
Re: Transformer Explodes In Plateau Community, Many Feared Dead by ZUKKYY(m): 7:46pm On Oct 14, 2023
Too bad
Re: Transformer Explodes In Plateau Community, Many Feared Dead by superCleanworks(m): 7:46pm On Oct 14, 2023
Rtk4:
Please ignore the news... Nepa brought a very high current which caused many houses to burn. The people who lost their lifes where caught up in the inferno of their various houses... That's where i stay.
na wah o. nobody will be held responsible for the release of such dangerous voltage

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Transformer Explodes In Plateau Community, Many Feared Dead by mejetov422: 7:47pm On Oct 14, 2023
Nigeria
Re: Transformer Explodes In Plateau Community, Many Feared Dead by ILoveFaith: 7:47pm On Oct 14, 2023
Nigeria
Re: Transformer Explodes In Plateau Community, Many Feared Dead by Agricmoney(m): 7:47pm On Oct 14, 2023
my condolences to the bereaved families

Anyway, Agriculture is life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Transformer Explodes In Plateau Community, Many Feared Dead by Redstorm(m): 7:47pm On Oct 14, 2023
NEPA brought a high current that made transformer to blow??

Really??

Rtk4:
Please ignore the news... Nepa brought a very high current which caused many houses to burn and the transformer also burn. That's where i stay.
Re: Transformer Explodes In Plateau Community, Many Feared Dead by Truth07: 7:48pm On Oct 14, 2023
R.i.p to those who lost their life.

1 Like

Re: Transformer Explodes In Plateau Community, Many Feared Dead by Realist5: 7:48pm On Oct 14, 2023
My condolences to the entire community and their immediate family members.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm / Graphics Pics Of The Gas Explosion In Port-harcourt Two Days Ago / Big Python Caught And Butchered In My Area (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.