Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Yorubas Are The Most Marginalized Group In Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Are The Most Marginalized Group In Nigeria. (1355 Views)

South-East Development Commission Bill: Igbos No Longer Marginalized - Akpabio / How Ndiigbo Oppressed And Marginalized The Eastern Region Minorities / Igbos Are Not Being Cheated Or Marginalized- Sen. Ndume Says As He Slams Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yorubas Are The Most Marginalized Group In Nigeria. by cocolacec(m): 6:24am On Aug 19, 2021
*Who has been marginalized?*

In 1979, Igbo has only two states, Anambra and Imo whereas Yoruba has four states. Today Igbo has five states and Yoruba has six states.

In 1979, the Igbo has six senators whereas Yoruba has twelve senators. Today the Igbo has fifteen senators whereas the Yoruba has eighteen senators. Calculate the percentage increase. And let us ask, who has been marginalized?

The Igbo will come to tell us that the Hausa/Fulani are bad, they are not educated, they are Muslims, they want to Islamise Nigeria, they are this and that, yet at every election they will go behind to form an alliance with them and voted them into power in 1959, 1964, 1979, 1983, 1993, 1999, 2003, and 2007.

Strategically, under the unitary system, the Igbo has been reducing our economic potential because they have been able to increase their slots in geometric progression and ours is in arithmetic progression.

They have more slots in Federal appointments whereas ours have continued to reduce.

The Land mass that makes up the five Igbo states is not up to Oyo state, yet they have been able to create five states out of it.

The first group of people that started trading in spare parts are Yoruba particularly our people from Ijebu-Ode but they have been muscled out of the business by the Igbo using the proceeds of crimes committed across Yorubaland.

The idea of geo-political zone was mouthed by Ojukwu to favour the Igbo. Now through Jonathan conference they said they are being marginalized because they are the only geo-political zone with five states. Can you imagine that? From two states. That is what I called strategic thinking. Unfortunately, the Yoruba that went to that conference agreed with them foolishly particularly the Afenifere Liberal Wing in the likes of Yinka Odumakin.

What a tragedy. Let's ask them, what did the Yoruba that attend the conference brought home? The answer is nothing.

The issue of Biafra being championed by Kanu is not by accident, it is a grand design to negotiate for more. Now it is coming out, South East Development Commission. Why don't we ask: to be funded by who? If it is agreed they will continue to reduce our economic potential in the Nigerian state.

But, come to think of it why don't you let Biafra be, but only as the Igbo-speaking Biafra. They are adding no value to us and I can bet you that nobody will miss them.

Remember that they fired the first shot that started Nigerian civil war, killing Akintola, Ademulegun and his wife, Tafawa Balewa, Ahmadu Bello and many other notable Yoruba.

Of recent, Chinue Achebe wrote a book "There was a Country". Accusing Awolowo of committing progrom. What a tragic write up. The question to ask is who started the war?

Can I continue to feed my enemy to have more strength to battle me?

Igbo would never change. Domination is in their blood and they can only be satisfied if they have what belongs to you and you have not.

*Adeyinka Grandson, June 2017.*
President of the Young Yoruba for Freedom (YYF)

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Marginalized Group In Nigeria. by cocolacec(m): 6:26am On Aug 19, 2021
*Restructuring, only way forward —Alaafin*

Our revenue has been taken over by the Federal Government. What the Federal Government collects in Value Added Tax in an area in Oyo State in one month is more than what it collects in Adamawa State in three months. Yet, the Federal Government takes all the revenue away from Yorubaland.

The Igbo army came through a coup and took over the government. Aguiyi Ironsi that took over abolished the regional system through decree 34 of 1966. He also scrapped the term Federation of Nigeria and replaced it with a Federal Republic of Nigeria.

The Hausa/Fulani felt that with the new system, the Emirs would no longer be able to operate within a republic like before. Their belief was that Ironsi came from a culture that opposed their belief. This led to a counter coup of July 29, 1966. I am trying to tell you why we have to restructure Nigeria.

Gowon that came later returned the term Federation of Nigeria, but not the region.

Lagos is about 20 million people going by the first census conducted and Kano was next. However, within the next 10 years, Jigawa was created from Kano while Kano was split into about 44 council areas, but Lagos remains with 20 council areas. Jigawa that was created from Kano was given 19 council areas. This means that the bulk of what Nigeria realises as revenue goes to the North.

If we are in a regional system, the government of that region can create council areas, but because we depend on a monolithic manner of financing the states, we are in problem. *-Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi, July 2017.*

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Marginalized Group In Nigeria. by Aboks(m): 6:27am On Aug 19, 2021
OK
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Marginalized Group In Nigeria. by Fahdiga(m): 6:28am On Aug 19, 2021
Always playing the victim

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Marginalized Group In Nigeria. by tillaman(m): 6:34am On Aug 19, 2021
shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Marginalized Group In Nigeria. by Abdul05: 6:34am On Aug 19, 2021
grin grin grin
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Marginalized Group In Nigeria. by KillMNKnow(f): 6:35am On Aug 19, 2021
wink

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Marginalized Group In Nigeria. by orisa37: 6:41am On Aug 19, 2021
It's authentic reporting and cooooorect.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Marginalized Group In Nigeria. by orisa37: 6:44am On Aug 19, 2021
It's authentic reporting and cooooorect. May God continue to bless your Memory of AWOLOWO AND OBASANJO'S GOOD DEEDS FOR ODU-DU-IWA AND NIGERIA.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Marginalized Group In Nigeria. by orisa37: 6:53am On Aug 19, 2021
cocolacec:

Our revenue has been taken over by the Federal Government. What the Federal Government collects in Value Added Tax in an area in Oyo State in one month is more than what it collects in Adamawa State in three months. Yet, the Federal Government takes all the revenue away from Yorubaland.

The Igbo army came through a coup and took over the government. Aguiyi Ironsi that took over abolished the regional system through decree 34 of 1966. He also scrapped the term Federation of Nigeria and replaced it with a Federal Republic of Nigeria.

The Hausa/Fulani felt that with the new system, the Emirs would no longer be able to operate within a republic like before. Their belief was that Ironsi came from a culture that opposed their belief. This led to a counter coup of July 29, 1966. I am trying to tell you why we have to restructure Nigeria.

Gowon that came later returned the term Federation of Nigeria, but not the region.

Lagos is about 20 million people going by the first census conducted and Kano was next. However, within the next 10 years, Jigawa was created from Kano while Kano was split into about 44 council areas, but Lagos remains with 20 council areas. Jigawa that was created from Kano was given 19 council areas. This means that the bulk of what Nigeria realises as revenue goes to the North.

If we are in a regional system, the government of that region can create council areas, but because we depend on a monolithic manner of financing the states, we are in problem. *-Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi, July 2017.*

LEGISLATIVE STUFF!!! NASS PLEASE NOTE!!!
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Marginalized Group In Nigeria. by bomb24: 7:00am On Aug 19, 2021
wailings from a demented yaribanza ewedu goblin..

Accusing Igbos of crime in your turf which 99% of it, is constituted by the yolobas.

Igbos must be the reasons; Abobakus, canibalism, rituals, body part harvesting,armed robbers, incest, oluwole fake certificate holders, female circumcision and all other social vices exist in yoruba land...what a slow-poke. u fools can never own up to your own problems, u lot must find a way to rope Ndigbo to ur miserys.

Ndi ala!

10 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Marginalized Group In Nigeria. by CodeTemplar: 7:07am On Aug 19, 2021
The only marginalized people are those whose resources have been exhausted or is being rapidly depleted. The Jo's people lost their tin and ND is losing oyel. Any other group talking marginalization is mental.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Marginalized Group In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:12am On Aug 19, 2021
Yoruba always think fulani is the problem but the problem is in your backyard calling your land nomansland, abusing your king and elders. If you ask me: you can't hate my elders, my leaders, my Kings, pastors, imams, culture and religion and expect me to like you, my ancestors will curse me if I do.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Marginalized Group In Nigeria. by adefitim(m): 7:13am On Aug 19, 2021
Who ever wrote this piece of shit deserve to be wiped 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 x

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Marginalized Group In Nigeria. by bomb24: 7:17am On Aug 19, 2021
uBuNiT:
Igbo fired the first shot by killing akintola, ademulegun etc.

Delta man is now Igbo to make the story sound well. In another story Asaba wont be Igbo
Yoruba belong to the pigs

bloated pigs.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Marginalized Group In Nigeria. by uBuNiT: 7:21am On Aug 19, 2021
bomb24:

bloated pigs.
??
Which school did you graduated from ?
You bring shame to your family
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Marginalized Group In Nigeria. by bomb24: 7:50am On Aug 19, 2021
uBuNiT:
??
Which school did you graduated from ?
You bring shame to your family
nwa anokwam na yur side. lols
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Marginalized Group In Nigeria. by orisa37: 7:57am On Aug 19, 2021
Aboks:
OK

Thank you MY VERY GOOD YORUBA PEOPLE.

MAY GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY FOR YOUR ENDURANCE.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Marginalized Group In Nigeria. by uBuNiT: 7:58am On Aug 19, 2021
bomb24:

nwa anokwam na yur side. lols
Amaro m now. Ima na onye puta iru ogu obelu ebelu. Ataa gi, itagbuo mmadu. Udo diri gi nwanne

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Marginalized Group In Nigeria. by orisa37: 8:07am On Aug 19, 2021
Fahdiga:

SATAN IN THE TRIBES MAKES IT SO.

PROF. ALUKO DIED UNDER ABACHA.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Marginalized Group In Nigeria. by izombie(m): 8:20am On Aug 19, 2021
This is the worst written whatever I have ever read.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Marginalized Group In Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 19, 2021
Fahdiga:

Lol. That would be your people. Igbos. Yorubas simply identify the problems consistently and always.

They then proffer workable solutions everyone ignores or reject for their own selfish agenda (North) and hateful reasons (Igbos).

Right now, and today, it is Yoruba Governors and leaders constantly making demands and offering solutions the selfish ruling North reject and the Igbos cannot support because they are too obsessed with hating and fighting everyone while hoping for the "Zoo" to fall.

The Yorubas are too good, too well-grounded, too reasonable, too honest, too tolerant, too visionary and too brilliant to be in an unrestructured Nigeria where our own growth and development potentials will always be hampered by a system designed to frustrate progressive minds and reward repressive ones.

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Marginalized Group In Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 19, 2021
SlyDev:
Yoruba always think fulani is the problem but the problem is in your backyard calling your land nomansland, abusing your king and elders. If you ask me: you can't hate my elders, my leaders, my Kings, pastors, imams, culture and religion and expect me to like you, my ancestors will curse me if I do.

You're right per Igbos being a latent parasite to the SW we do not need but the Fulanis/North are worse because they are all only able to practice gradualist, conservative, inefficiently centrist and regressive politics that can never birth a modern, competitive, innovation-driven and progressive Nigeria.

Per their status of 'most populous' region, the North will always be in contention to produce the President of Nigeria.

Meaning Yorubas will always be affected by being in a nation with the North unless holistic and fundamental restructuring are demanded (as Yorubas are demanding currently) and carried out so that even the return to power of a Northerner cannot regress the SW region ever again.

The people of the North and SE are the biggest problems of Nigeria, and a burden to other Nigerians, for very different reasons. My opinion is that Nigeria needs to be restructured holistically, fundamentally and sincerely so Nigerians can be protected from the problems associated with being in a nation with North and SE.

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Marginalized Group In Nigeria. by BKayy: 8:40am On Aug 19, 2021
Afonja people.
Tụfịakwa
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Marginalized Group In Nigeria. by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:46am On Aug 19, 2021
#Buhari let everyone manage their resources so that peace can reign now undecided

This marginalization self go cease!

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Marginalized Group In Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 19, 2021
Grayoso:

You're right per Igbos being a latent parasite to the SW we do not need but the Fulanis/North are worse because they are all only able to practice gradualist, conservative, inefficiently centrist and regressive politics that can never birth a modern, competitive, innovation-driven and progressive Nigeria.

Per their status of 'most populous' region, the North will always be in contention to produce the President of Nigeria.

Meaning Yorubas will always be affected by being in a nation with the North unless holistic and fundamental restructuring are demanded (as Yorubas are demanding currently) and carried out so that even the return to power of a Northerner cannot regress the SW region ever again.

The people of the North and SE are the biggest problems of Nigeria, and a burden to other Nigerians, for very different reasons. My opinion is that Nigeria needs to be restructured holistically, fundamentally and sincerely so Nigerians can be protected from the problems associated with being in a nation with North and SE.

Excellent. I prefer restructuring.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Marginalized Group In Nigeria. by Idiko1: 9:44am On Aug 19, 2021
cocolacec:
*Who has been marginalized?*

In 1979, Igbo has only two states, Anambra and Imo whereas Yoruba has four states. Today Igbo has five states and Yoruba has six states.

In 1979, the Igbo has six senators whereas Yoruba has twelve senators. Today the Igbo has fifteen senators whereas the Yoruba has eighteen senators. Calculate the percentage increase. And let us ask, who has been marginalized?

The Igbo will come to tell us that the Hausa/Fulani are bad, they are not educated, they are Muslims, they want to Islamise Nigeria, they are this and that, yet at every election they will go behind to form an alliance with them and voted them into power in 1959, 1964, 1979, 1983, 1993, 1999, 2003, and 2007.

Strategically, under the unitary system, the Igbo has been reducing our economic potential because they have been able to increase their slots in geometric progression and ours is in arithmetic progression.

They have more slots in Federal appointments whereas ours have continued to reduce.

The Land mass that makes up the five Igbo states is not up to Oyo state, yet they have been able to create five states out of it.

The first group of people that started trading in spare parts are Yoruba particularly our people from Ijebu-Ode but they have been muscled out of the business by the Igbo using the proceeds of crimes committed across Yorubaland.

The idea of geo-political zone was mouthed by Ojukwu to favour the Igbo. Now through Jonathan conference they said they are being marginalized because they are the only geo-political zone with five states. Can you imagine that? From two states. That is what I called strategic thinking. Unfortunately, the Yoruba that went to that conference agreed with them foolishly particularly the Afenifere Liberal Wing in the likes of Yinka Odumakin.

What a tragedy. Let's ask them, what did the Yoruba that attend the conference brought home? The answer is nothing.

The issue of Biafra being championed by Kanu is not by accident, it is a grand design to negotiate for more. Now it is coming out, South East Development Commission. Why don't we ask: to be funded by who? If it is agreed they will continue to reduce our economic potential in the Nigerian state.

But, come to think of it why don't you let Biafra be, but only as the Igbo-speaking Biafra. They are adding no value to us and I can bet you that nobody will miss them.

Remember that they fired the first shot that started Nigerian civil war, killing Akintola, Ademulegun and his wife, Tafawa Balewa, Ahmadu Bello and many other notable Yoruba.

Of recent, Chinue Achebe wrote a book "There was a Country". Accusing Awolowo of committing progrom. What a tragic write up. The question to ask is who started the war?

Can I continue to feed my enemy to have more strength to battle me?

Igbo would never change. Domination is in their blood and they can only be satisfied if they have what belongs to you and you have not.

*Adeyinka Grandson, June 2017.*
President of the Young Yoruba for Freedom (YYF)

I do not know if the writer of above crap understood the definition of war talk less how it starts.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Marginalized Group In Nigeria. by Idiko1: 9:57am On Aug 19, 2021
cocolacec:

Who gives a ratass what the silly federal government collects in Yoruba land? The idea of restructure without the fundamental reshape of the society is figment of fool's theory. There are places built up with commonwealth in Nigeria. For any restructure to see birth, economic structure must take off. There are Abuja and Lagos which stood as economic stronghold in Nigeria situated in the defunct northern and western regions respectively. Abuja and Lagos must be replicated in the defunct eastern and midwestern regions respectively in order to give to so-called restructure a debate time. According the writer of the above junk, Oyo State alone can feed entire Yorubaland. If Abuja and Lagos cannot be replicated in the defunct eastern and midwestern regions, I say disintegration of the shithole called Nigeria remains the favorable option over the silly restructure. Any nation state out of disintegrated Nigeria can easily setup its Abuja or Lagos.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Marginalized Group In Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:18am On Aug 19, 2021
SlyDev:

Excellent. I prefer restructuring.

For the pragmatic and thinking man, it is the best option by far. Easiest to achieve and bloodless.

The problem is that most Nigerians, as much as we like to view ourselves intelligent, don't really know how to deploy a pragmatic and problem-solving mentality to gain solutions we are looking for.

Everyone is shouting Biafra, Oduduwa Republic, Ijaw Republic etal ostensibly because they feel other Nigerians are holding them back granted that is true in some cases.

If we calm down and think intelligently it will be obvious an over-powerful central system of Governance is the problem because it can always be easily hijacked, easily 'ethnicised' and easily compromised by the wrong Presidency.

Too much power in the hands of one man, in a very ethnically and culturally/religiously divided nation, whose peculiar thinking, mindset and biases may serve the interest of a few while impeding the progress of many millions in different States and regions of Nigeria.

The solution is simple. Devolve power to the region and States by weakening our current centrist system of governance. Take virtually all powers away from the Presidency and federal government and vest it in States and region of Nigeria.

This is what Nigerians should fight for as it is holistic and fundamental restructuring of Nigeria. It will mean States and regions can control their own police Force, natural resources, socio-economic policies etal to aid a pace of growth that will be secured on their own potentials, focus and dedication to achieving success.

No Nigerian lives in a place called federal Government. We live in States and region that have names and are full of people with diverse ethnicity, religion and backgrounds. It is imperative then to empower States and regions appropriately to facilitate the growth and development of Nigeria.

Doing that essentially breaks down Nigeria into mini nations within which 'affiliated people' can control their own destiny better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Marginalized Group In Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 19, 2021
E don turn to marginalisation competition grin

It's okay.

You're the most marginalised.

The Igbos want out so you can fully wear the crown.

It's not that difficult nah.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Marginalized Group In Nigeria. by musiwa93: 11:05am On Aug 19, 2021
I agree

(1) (2) (Reply)

Another Coup D'etat In Africa. It's Time For The People To Wake Up / Let 's Emulate What Is Happening In Anambra / How To Know Unknown Gunmen Have Upper Hands Over The Military - Observers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.