Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,820 members, 7,817,393 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Nigerians See Why Commodore Ebitu Okiwe Resigned: History - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians See Why Commodore Ebitu Okiwe Resigned: History (1342 Views)

Air Commodore Wap Maigida Is Dead / Retired Commodore Kunle Olawunmi Appears At DIA / Lieutenant-Commodore Wulah & Okoronkwo Killed By Bandits In Attack On NDA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians See Why Commodore Ebitu Okiwe Resigned: History by EmmaJnr1: 8:32am On Aug 19, 2021
Commodore Ebitu Ukiwe joined the Nigerian Navy in 1960 as a cadet (officer). During the Nigerian civil war he fought on the side of Biafra. After the war, in January 1972 he was readmitted to the Navy, one of the few Igbo officers to regain their position. In 1977 Gen. Olusegun Obasanjo appointed Ebitu Ukiwe as the military governor of Niger state in 1977. He was re-deployed to Lagos state as governor in July 1978, holding this post until October 1979. In 1985 he became the Chief of General Staff and De Facto
vice president under Gen. Ibrahim Babangida. In January 1987 he resigned as military vice president after falling out with Babangida.
He later described his resignation by saying:
“It is nothing personal with Babangida". We had our disagreements, and these were expected since he was not working with a buffoon. It would be impossible for people to agree on everything. “There were major policy disagreements. One of them was on the issue of including Nigeria in the Organisation of Islamic Countries (IOC). I thought it was wrong as the number two man in the administration for me not to be told about such a major decision.

He continued;
“I still maintain that Nigeria, as a country, should not be a
member of a religious organisation. Individual organisations
can take up the membership of religious organisations, but not
the country.”

https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=228567169180495&id=101209985249548&refid=7&_ft_=qid.-7953832409103922310%3Amf_story_key.200233284119615842%3Atop_level_post_id.228567169180495%3Acontent_owner_id_new.101209985249548%3Apage_id.101209985249548%3Asrc.22%3Aphoto_id.228567129180499%3Astory_location.5%3Astory_attachment_style.photo%3Aview_time.1629086969%3Afilter.h_nor%3Aott.AX-nqvYLoYUGBM_u%3Atds_flgs.3&__tn__=%2AW-R

1 Like

Re: Nigerians See Why Commodore Ebitu Okiwe Resigned: History by EmmaJnr1: 8:39am On Aug 19, 2021
For those supporting Osibanjo, read the highlighted part of the post twice and compare with Osibanjo. Stop giving Osibanjo excuse for keeping quiet while Buhari goes on killing people in the east and west with his Fulani sponsored terrorist and Boko Haram. The man is a total failure including his president. You think the second in command is a small position in Nigeria, He is corrupt if not he would speak up, defend his people and Nigerians or honorably resign.

To me I believe Yoruba nation and Biafra is the best thing that could happen to we southerners. The politicians have failed us.
Re: Nigerians See Why Commodore Ebitu Okiwe Resigned: History by Alex80s(m): 9:27am On Aug 19, 2021
And no one remembers him for his bravery, honesty, and selfless service to Nigeria. Stooges, and praise-singers are given awards...

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians See Why Commodore Ebitu Okiwe Resigned: History by LZAA: 10:13am On Aug 19, 2021
*ukiwe
Meanwhile monogamy, sarrki and will avoid this thread
Cc AfonjaConehead Afamed Bamite

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians See Why Commodore Ebitu Okiwe Resigned: History by RealityKings: 11:03am On Aug 19, 2021
EmmaJnr1:
For those supporting Osibanjo, read the highlighted part of the post twice and compare with Osibanjo. Stop giving Osibanjo excuse for keeping quiet while Buhari goes on killing people in the east and west with his Fulani sponsored terrorist and Boko Haram. The man is a total failure including his president. You think the second in command is a small position in Nigeria, He is corrupt if not he would speak up, defend his people and Nigerians or honorably resign.

To me I believe Yoruba nation and Biafra is the best thing that could happen to we southerners. The politicians have failed us.
I can see your flat head. Why can't your Southeast senators fight for you instead of waiting on Osinbanjo who is a vice?
... What's the significance of your senators from down there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians See Why Commodore Ebitu Okiwe Resigned: History by Doubleoh7: 11:22am On Aug 19, 2021
"If you can't stand for something, you'll fall for anything" history and posterity will continue to be kind to you commodore sir.
Re: Nigerians See Why Commodore Ebitu Okiwe Resigned: History by EmmaJnr1: 11:32am On Aug 19, 2021
RealityKings:

I can see your flat head. Why can't your Southeast senators fight for you instead of waiting on Osinbanjo who is a vice?
... What's the significance of your senators from down there
I don't have time for foolish divide and rule bastards on nairaland. My best friend offline is a Yoruba and my best friend online from nairaland is a Yoruba. Carry ur nonsense divide and rule comot here. I am a realist and I speak truth at all time without fear or favour.
Re: Nigerians See Why Commodore Ebitu Okiwe Resigned: History by RealityKings: 12:23pm On Aug 19, 2021
EmmaJnr1:
I don't have time for foolish divide and rule bastards on nairaland. My best friend offline is a Yoruba and my best friend online from nairaland is a Yoruba. Carry ur nonsense divide and rule comot here. I am a realist and I speak truth at all time without fear or favour.

You are nothing but a snake and a clown grin see your flat head grin

(1) (Reply)

BECAUSE OF THEIR BIAFRA NONSENSE, ANIOMA WILL NOT LINK UP WITH IGBOS / Have You Noticed That It Is Only Igbo News That Excites Nigerians? / Rare Picture Of BMC îmbeciles Running Back To Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.