Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Well, This Is The Truth. It Is Neither Religious Intolerance Nor Tribalism. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Well, This Is The Truth. It Is Neither Religious Intolerance Nor Tribalism. (497 Views)

Peter Obi: "I Do Not Expect This Level Of Intolerance" - Okupe To AIT / Religious Intolerance: Nigerians Must Learn This Solution From Osun By Adeola / Presidency React To US List Of Countries Which Practice Religious Intolerance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Well, This Is The Truth. It Is Neither Religious Intolerance Nor Tribalism. by urchcoded(m): 10:51pm On Aug 19, 2021
The BBC Hausa page has over 3 million followers. When you go there you will be stunned about how many people from Arewa views issues concerning religion, politics and international happenings around the world.

Their opinions on issues concerning religion, religious accomodation and tolerance are quite stunning.

The BBC has been making post about the Taliban because of the recent take over in Afghanistan, majority of them on the BBC page are supporting the Taliban and some of them are openly praying for the Taliban type of leadership here in Nigeria. You don't have to take my word for it, just go there and see. .

When Saudi Arabia recently imposed restrictions on the volume of loudspeakers at mosques all over the country. Many of them there are angry about it, they don't want it. How dare the Saudi authorities do that they condem.

If Saudi Arabia ,UAE ,Qatar or Bahrain are friendlly with the West and are signing different pacts and treaties most of them there are not happy. They are on BBC condemning such friendly moves. How dare them to be friendly with the infidels they complain and condemn.

When Saudi Arabia sign deals with Western countries that will allow their citizens to come into Saudi Arabia as tourist. They are against it. They don't want it and are seriously wailing and calling the Saudi authorities names.

Saudi Arabia is building a multi billion dollar ultra modern city Neom that will not be governed by Sharia laws but by western laws. They are very bitter and complain about it. They don't want it and wail, calling the Saudi authorities names.

When some Arabs countries like Sudan, Egypt, Bahrain, Qatar, UAE, signed a peace pact with Israel or normalize relationship with Israel, they are very angry and not happy happy. They are completely against it. How can they be friendly with Israel they complain and condemn. Yahudu, Yahdudu, Yahudu they wail and complain.

France condems the killing of a teacher for alleged blasphemy against Islam. They are all very angry with France and are in support of the killer that killed the blasphemer.

Any time the Arabs are trying to modernize and do things that will bring modernization to their societies, many of them don't want it and will always be condemning it. It's so funny and sad.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Well, This Is The Truth. It Is Neither Religious Intolerance Nor Tribalism. by Hardgun: 10:54pm On Aug 19, 2021
Hm
Re: Well, This Is The Truth. It Is Neither Religious Intolerance Nor Tribalism. by ezugegere(m): 11:04pm On Aug 19, 2021
I told somebody that if a 'repentant' Boko Haram commander contests the presidential election against a non-Muslim, majority of core-northers plus the Tivs and Muslim Ebiras of the middle belt will vote for the Boko Haram commander. Those guys are something else

3 Likes

Re: Well, This Is The Truth. It Is Neither Religious Intolerance Nor Tribalism. by Nobody: 11:09pm On Aug 19, 2021
When British are signing treaty with Saudi Arabia, why are igbos still angry with Islam? Because their interest is not the same or why are Igbo Jews always praying for Isreal when they know they are committing war crime against Palestine? My view is that both igbos and Hausa Fulani are extremist ; while Hausa extremism is tied to religion, igbo extremism is tied to ethnicity.

I know this because I have seen comments from both tribe BBC page.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Well, This Is The Truth. It Is Neither Religious Intolerance Nor Tribalism. by urchcoded(m): 11:30pm On Aug 19, 2021
SlyDev:
When British are signing treaty with Saudi Arabia, why are igbos still angry with Islam? Because their interest is not the same or why are Igbo Jews always praying for Isreal when they know they are committing war crime against Palestine? My view is that both igbos and Hausa Fulani are extremist ; while Hausa extremism is tied to religion, igbo extremism is tied to ethnicity.

I know this because I have seen comments from both tribe BBC page.
I understand your point And I agree with you partially but then it's slightly different because the igbos are mostly christians and israel is the hallmark of their faith so it's understandable why they are sentimental towards israel. I don't support that tho and i see it as foolishness. Infact, to me all religions are utter stupidity and just socially accepted mental illness. But then the fulanis and muslims claim to be more islam than the people that introduced islam to them. Why are they so rigid and conservative? That's what I don't understand

1 Like

Re: Well, This Is The Truth. It Is Neither Religious Intolerance Nor Tribalism. by Kdon2: 12:02am On Aug 20, 2021
ezugegere:
I told somebody that if a 'repentant' Boko Haram commander contests the presidential election against a non-Muslim, majority of core-northers plus the Tivs and Muslim Ebiras of the middle belt will vote for the Boko Haram commander. Those guys are something else

Everywhere islam dominate always experience violence.

2 Likes

Re: Well, This Is The Truth. It Is Neither Religious Intolerance Nor Tribalism. by Nobody: 12:13am On Aug 20, 2021
urchcoded:
I understand your point And I agree with you partially but then it's slightly different because the igbos are mostly christians and israel is the hallmark of their faith so it's understandable why they are sentimental towards israel. I don't support that tho and i see it as foolishness. Infact, to me all religions are utter stupidity and just socially accepted mental illness. But then the fulanis and muslims claim to be more islam than the people that introduced islam to them. Why are they so rigid and conservative? That's what I don't understand
African ways of doing things, our pastors often behave like that too. They claim to practice Christianity than those who brought it.

1 Like

Re: Well, This Is The Truth. It Is Neither Religious Intolerance Nor Tribalism. by Jomonix: 8:51pm On Sep 14, 2021
ezugegere:

What you said is very true but few will understand. Those people enjoy their life of servitude

1 Like

Re: Well, This Is The Truth. It Is Neither Religious Intolerance Nor Tribalism. by Allsouls: 8:57pm On Sep 14, 2021
Pantami a minister is in support of Taliban not to talk of a common man on the street on North.
Re: Well, This Is The Truth. It Is Neither Religious Intolerance Nor Tribalism. by BeardedMeat(m): 9:00pm On Sep 14, 2021
Jomonix:

What you said is very true but few will understand. Those people enjoy their life of servitude
Like our Zombie counterpart slydev. It's appalling really.

(1) (Reply)

2023: May God Give Us A President With Good Heart Like Buhari - Dave Umahi / Many Nigerian Soldiers Killed In Fresh Boko Haram Ambush In Borno / How The DSS Planned To Kill Me - Late CBN Chief Obadiah Mailafia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.