Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

FIBA Afrobasket: D’Tigers Release Final 12-Man List - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIBA Afrobasket: D’Tigers Release Final 12-Man List (8353 Views)

FIBA Afrobasket 2021: D’Tigers Begin Qualifiers With Victory Over South Sudan / NFF Releases Super Eagles 23 Man List For 2019 AFCON / Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIBA Afrobasket: D’Tigers Release Final 12-Man List by pedrilo: 12:52pm On Aug 20, 2021
Redman44:

The Olympic guys are mostly NBA players. The NBA rules concerning participation in competitions 60 days before the NBA League kicks off is what they are respecting. I believe the list of players that has been released is not bad. This squad might win a Silver or Bronze Medal. If they can get past Senegal and Tunisia, then Nigeria can win this year's Afrobasket for Men. Cheers.
What fccking NBA law is this for heaven sake.
It's needs to be looked into

1 Like

Re: FIBA Afrobasket: D’Tigers Release Final 12-Man List by RuddyFusion(m): 1:25pm On Aug 20, 2021
LoveTalk:

Who?

You
Re: FIBA Afrobasket: D’Tigers Release Final 12-Man List by Mayor21(m): 2:04pm On Aug 20, 2021
Redman44:

The Olympic guys are mostly NBA players. The NBA rules concerning participation in competitions 60 days before the NBA League kicks off is what they are respecting. I believe the list of players that has been released is not bad. This squad might win a Silver or Bronze Medal. If they can get past Senegal and Tunisia, then Nigeria can win this year's Afrobasket for Men. Cheers.

Thanks bro
Re: FIBA Afrobasket: D’Tigers Release Final 12-Man List by haslaw(m): 3:11pm On Aug 20, 2021
Afamsi:
You can't see Adamu or MohamMAD in this kind of list.. Na for terrorist, bandit or kidnapper list, dem go be first one thousand cos evil is the only thing they know how to do

That is because Nwora the assistant coach who is a bigot like you selected the team.
Re: FIBA Afrobasket: D’Tigers Release Final 12-Man List by DeRay98(m): 3:26pm On Aug 20, 2021
Redman44:

Sorry to say, this team is so new and untested that I don't see them going past Senegal and Tunisia.
Most of the guys in the team since 2015 are not here. I don't expect much.
Re: FIBA Afrobasket: D’Tigers Release Final 12-Man List by Redman44(m): 4:20pm On Aug 20, 2021
DeRay98:

Sorry to say, this team is so new and untested that I don't see them going past Senegal and Tunisia.

D'tigers Squad that won Silver at the 2017 Afrobasket for Men was also like this Squad. They were new basketball players apart from Ike Diogu and one other player. Most of the 2015 Gold winning squad were not in the 2017 D'tigers Squad. Ike Iroegbu, Ike Nwamu, Obi Emegano, Daniel Ochefu etc were in the 2017 squad and they won Silver though they were also untested. Alex Nwora barely had 2 weeks to put the 2017 team together. Cheers.
Re: FIBA Afrobasket: D’Tigers Release Final 12-Man List by Redman44(m): 4:30pm On Aug 20, 2021
DeRay98:

D'tigers Afrobasket 2017 Squad

1. Ike Diogu 2. Ike Nwamu 3. Deji Akindele 4. Ike Iroegbu 5. Akin Akingbala 6. Bryant Mbamalu 7. Okaro Akamune 8. Daniel Ochefu 9. Kelechi Anuna 10. Anthony Odunsi 11. Dike Azuoma 12. Abdul Yahaya.

This 2021 Squad seems to be stronger than the 2017 team. I have attached a picture of the Afrobasket 2017 D'tigers to this post. Cheers.

Re: FIBA Afrobasket: D’Tigers Release Final 12-Man List by DeRay98(m): 7:11pm On Aug 20, 2021
Redman44:

D'tigers Squad that won Silver at the 2017 Afrobasket for Men was also like this Squad. They were new basketball players apart from Ike Diogu and one other player. Most of the 2015 Gold winning squad were not in the 2017 D'tigers Squad. Ike Iroegbu, Ike Nwamu, Obi Emegano, Daniel Ochefu etc were in the 2017 squad and they won Silver though they were also untested. Alex Nwora barely had 2 weeks to put the 2017 team together. Cheers.
Good observation, it was obvious in 2017 and that's why I'm worried now.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Asisat Oshoala Scores And Provides An Assist As Barcelone Beat Sevilla 4-0 / Lionel Messi Named World Player Of The Year Yet Again / Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.