Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,060 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Lionel Messi Named World Player Of The Year Yet Again - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Named World Player Of The Year Yet Again (8357 Views)

FIFA's World Player Of The Year Shortlist / Who In Your Opinion Would Most Likely Win The 2011 Fifa World Player Of The Year / Nominate Fifa's World Player Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lionel Messi Named World Player Of The Year Yet Again by naijadot: 8:03pm On Jan 09, 2012
Messi named World Player of the Year
Reuters

Argentina and Barcelona forward Lionel Messi won the World Player of the Year award on Monday for the third year running.

Barcelona's Pep Guardiola was voted 2011 coach of the year.

Messi beat club mate Xavi and Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo, the other finalists, to clinch FIFA's Ballon D'Or.

The 24-year-old Argentine also won the award last year when it was created by joining the previously separate annual honours handed out by soccer's ruling body FIFA and France Football magazine.

Messi won both 2009 awards.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/09012012/2/messi-named-world-player-year.html
Re: Lionel Messi Named World Player Of The Year Yet Again by jaybee3(m): 8:05pm On Jan 09, 2012
Did you see fat ronaldo?
Is he sick?
Re: Lionel Messi Named World Player Of The Year Yet Again by cheky1: 8:06pm On Jan 09, 2012
he deserves it
Re: Lionel Messi Named World Player Of The Year Yet Again by OAM4J: 8:21pm On Jan 09, 2012
Yeah he deserves it. Congrats.
Re: Lionel Messi Named World Player Of The Year Yet Again by Roland17(m): 8:22pm On Jan 09, 2012
C.Ronaldo should stop punishing himself by attending this awards except the nominees are Nigerian players, as long as Messi keeps playing on the surface of this earth, its impossible,
Re: Lionel Messi Named World Player Of The Year Yet Again by fredoooooo: 8:24pm On Jan 09, 2012
jay bee:

Did you see fat ronaldo?
Is he sick?

i think something must be wrong with that guy , but still my best ever striker , il phenomenon
Re: Lionel Messi Named World Player Of The Year Yet Again by fredoooooo: 8:26pm On Jan 09, 2012
Roland17:

Ronaldo should stop punishing himself by attending this awards except the nominees are Nigerian players, as long as Messi keeps playing on the surface of this earth, its impossible,

Ronaldo and real madrid come at the wrong time grin grin grin
Re: Lionel Messi Named World Player Of The Year Yet Again by eghost247(m): 8:29pm On Jan 09, 2012
congrats
Re: Lionel Messi Named World Player Of The Year Yet Again by cheky1: 8:30pm On Jan 09, 2012
Messi has no limit. He can become the best in history, if he's not already. smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Lionel Messi Named World Player Of The Year Yet Again by fasa2020(m): 8:32pm On Jan 09, 2012
I know he deserve it again , C.Ronaldo stop disturbing yeah self !!!
Re: Lionel Messi Named World Player Of The Year Yet Again by executinal(m): 8:36pm On Jan 09, 2012
Well deserve award
Re: Lionel Messi Named World Player Of The Year Yet Again by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 09, 2012
jay bee:

Did you see fat ronaldo?
Is he sick?

I don't think the guy is normal
Re: Lionel Messi Named World Player Of The Year Yet Again by Nabilah: 8:46pm On Jan 09, 2012
The greatest!
Re: Lionel Messi Named World Player Of The Year Yet Again by seedord247(m): 8:48pm On Jan 09, 2012
the guy they go 5. tongue
Re: Lionel Messi Named World Player Of The Year Yet Again by dayo23(f): 8:52pm On Jan 09, 2012
Messi is d magician
Re: Lionel Messi Named World Player Of The Year Yet Again by dayokanu(m): 9:09pm On Jan 09, 2012
Maybe he would win 10 Ballon D Or
Re: Lionel Messi Named World Player Of The Year Yet Again by saintohia: 9:14pm On Jan 09, 2012
CONGRATS

HE MERITS IT.
Re: Lionel Messi Named World Player Of The Year Yet Again by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jan 09, 2012
Roland17:

C.Ronaldo should stop punishing himself by attending this awards except the nominees are Nigerian players, as long as Messi keeps playing on the surface of this earth, its impossible,

. . . And as long as he (Ronaldo) keeps playing silly selfish football. . .
Re: Lionel Messi Named World Player Of The Year Yet Again by 3kay945(m): 9:21pm On Jan 09, 2012
Dat guy isnt human! I know it.
Re: Lionel Messi Named World Player Of The Year Yet Again by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jan 09, 2012
Messi on the field plays with little effort yet makes tremendous impact, while c.ronaldo plays with so much vigor and effort and makes similar impact. So messi remains the best, just the truth, no one comes close.
Re: Lionel Messi Named World Player Of The Year Yet Again by newdeal(m): 9:22pm On Jan 09, 2012
Messi The footballer: The guy is a good mix of talent, commitment and discipline, he will continue to go places as long as he stays focused
Re: Lionel Messi Named World Player Of The Year Yet Again by jascon1(m): 9:36pm On Jan 09, 2012
messi deserves this!!! he's just too good, Ronaldo is good, but not a match for Messi, messi is 49% ahead, at just 24 he's ranked among god-like legends like Pele, Maradona etc, wish him well and yet another fifa world player of the year again,
Re: Lionel Messi Named World Player Of The Year Yet Again by TomFord: 9:38pm On Jan 09, 2012
Congrats to Pep though i wanted Fergie to win
Re: Lionel Messi Named World Player Of The Year Yet Again by 76Naira(m): 9:41pm On Jan 09, 2012
Re: Lionel Messi Named World Player Of The Year Yet Again by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 09, 2012
Balon dor award should just be named after messi, By next year we want an award name dat says:::
Lionel Messi Award for world player of the year goes to,
If not 4 d next 6 yrs I can see any one brushing aside dis midget to dis award, Simple, Make FIFA just name d award afta messi
Re: Lionel Messi Named World Player Of The Year Yet Again by teaf: 10:24pm On Jan 09, 2012
He deserves it. C. Ronaldo and Jossie Morinho were both absent. Barca has grown to a very solid team, but they are at a very critical point.
If anything happens to any of these players: Messi, Xavi or Iniesta: they are screwed.
Re: Lionel Messi Named World Player Of The Year Yet Again by freecocoa(f): 10:31pm On Jan 09, 2012
Messiless is the man any day,C is good no doubt but we all know say messi is not to be contended with,andre iniesta is another force to reckon with inshort barca as a team is the best in the whole world,this is me not being biased.
Re: Lionel Messi Named World Player Of The Year Yet Again by Wasbal: 10:58pm On Jan 09, 2012
All hail the guy with the golden legs. Lionel Messi.
His records remain unbeaten.
But which decade will Nigeria be in contention?
Re: Lionel Messi Named World Player Of The Year Yet Again by Willyblinks(m): 11:06pm On Jan 09, 2012
aint we forgeting someone?, messi and mikel played and were discovered in the same competition messi has been wining this award for some years now where is the second best in that same competition mikel sorry,
Re: Lionel Messi Named World Player Of The Year Yet Again by Umunede(m): 11:11pm On Jan 09, 2012
make una no worry. our Yakunu go win am next year
Re: Lionel Messi Named World Player Of The Year Yet Again by baruten67(m): 11:29pm On Jan 09, 2012
congratltns Loinel Messi, we all know he worth it! and also my congrtltns goes 2PEP, and BACA in general, and ALL BACA FANS
Re: Lionel Messi Named World Player Of The Year Yet Again by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jan 09, 2012
one of my friends out of frustration say " the guy na illuminati" grin grin. laf wan finish me die grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Arsenal Beat Watford 3 - 2 To Climb Into Premier League Top Four / Asisat Oshoala Scores And Provides An Assist As Barcelone Beat Sevilla 4-0 / Soccer Stars Project Confirms 22 Players From Akwa Ibom, Set For Abuja Screening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.