Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,499 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. (1645 Views)

Naija Music Chart: Top 10 Hit Naija Songs January / Top Ten Naija Music 2018 By Mynaijadj / Free Naija Music Upload And Download Latest Nigerian Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. by mdntiri(m): 7:32pm On Aug 22, 2021
ndidibabe:
Even with the big economy, Nigeria na jagajaga. If I am a billionaire and restricted to live in Nigeria or Ghana, I will choose Ghana.

cheesy I hear you. Living with 200 million people is no joke grin. I've never been to Nigeria, but just watching pictures/videos of crowded Nigeria spaces makes me dizzy. Nigerian YouTuber Virtue Grace was in Accra and she loved the "calmness"
Re: Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. by PetroDolla2020: 10:26pm On Aug 22, 2021
Look, GDP is not everything, huh? You ever heard of UN Human Development Index? Go and compare where Ghana and Nigeria stand. Lagos economy is $90 billion and Ghana's GDP is $80 billion? what is life expectancy in Lagos? ow many people in Lagos have jobs? how many hours of electricity do people in Lagos get? what is the maternal mortality in Lagos, compared with Ghana? Can people in Lagos sleep with their two eyes closed? do you know the number of people being killed for rituals in Lagos alone daily? what is the infant mortality rate in Lagos, compared with Ghana?

I thought you claim to be Ghanaian? Ghana is not a paradise, but Ghana has clearly left Nigeria behind. Prolific indeed cool I doubt if you are Ghanaian because Ghanaians don't behave like this.

mdntiri:

I agree. I've seen stats putting Lagos'economy at 90 billion dollars and over, Ghana's as at now is less than 80 billion dollars. You guys are prolific, and I have lots of respect for you. Ghanaians are not that prolific. If we produced and consumed more of the things we use, things would improve. For our small population/land size, ABUNDANT mineral resources, peaceful people, great location, no wars etc etc we shouldn't be where we're now. But things are beginning to look good

So Lagos is bigger than Ghana(for now) in terms of GDP (economy), not population or land size
Re: Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. by PetroDolla2020: 10:30pm On Aug 22, 2021
Loook at this man. You have never been to Nigeria and when some of us who lived there are telling you stuff you don't want us to say it? Go and park somewhere, abeg. you don't know shishi about niegrians and yet you want defend them? My advice to you is to limit yourself to thinsg you can speak about authoritatively, huh?

mdntiri:

cheesy I hear you. Living with 200 million people is no joke grin. I've never been to Nigeria, but just watching pictures/videos of crowded Nigeria spaces makes me dizzy. Nigerian YouTuber Virtue Grace was in Accra and she loved the "calmness"
Re: Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. by mdntiri(m): 11:20pm On Aug 22, 2021
[quote author=PetroDolla2020 post=105077970]Loook at this man. You have never been to Nigeria and when some of us who lived there are telling you stuff you don't want us to say it? Go and park somewhere, abeg. you don't know shishi about niegrians and yet you want defend them? My advice to you is to limit yourself to thinsg you can speak about authoritatively, huh?

Petrodollar what's your problem? I'm not ignorant of whatever I say. I won't brag about what I possess. If I see a truth, I'd speak it. Nigeria with all it's problems is the BIGGEST economy in Africa. It's not Egypt, it's not South Africa, it's not oil rich Algeria, it's not POTENTIALLY the richest country in the world DR Congo. Congo with all it's potential wealth is a mess. Nigeria with all it's problems, with Boko Haram etc is Africa's wealthiest.

Even with Nigeria's problems Ghanaian farmers go there to buy stuff, onions etc. If these people were not PROLIFIC to be able to FEED their large population and the rest of ECOWAS/Africa, I don't know what prolific is.

Whenever Nigeria progress is mentioned you and a lot of other Ghanaians are pained, as if nothing good should come out of Nigeria. A country hosting Africa's richest man several decades running?

I can wax lyrical about Nigeria achievements all day, and they'd be factual because the facts are there for us to see
A lot of Ghanaians underating Nigeria are not well-informed. For someone like you who "acts" informed, and has lived with them, you should be the one to acknowledge their greatness irrespective of their many flaws.

I know about ritual murders, about people eating human flesh etc etc. But I'm concentrating on their many positives that I see. Even Ghana of late you hear about our people especially the Kumasi folks doing brazen crimes/murders you'd never associate with a Ghanaian.

Let's pray we don't degenerate into Nigeria levels.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. by mdntiri(m): 12:13am On Aug 23, 2021
PetroDolla2020:
Look, GDP is not everything, huh? You ever heard of UN Human Development Index? Go and compare where Ghana and Nigeria stand. Lagos economy is $90 billion and Ghana's GDP is $80 billion? what is life expectancy in Lagos? ow many people in Lagos have jobs? how many hours of electricity do people in Lagos get? what is the maternal mortality in Lagos, compared with Ghana? Can people in Lagos sleep with their two eyes closed? do you know the number of people being killed for rituals in Lagos alone daily? what is the infant mortality rate in Lagos, compared with Ghana?

I thought you claim to be Ghanaian? Ghana is not a paradise, but Ghana has clearly left Nigeria behind. Prolific indeed cool I doubt if you are Ghanaian because Ghanaians don't behave like this.

I see the word PROLIFIC triggered you. Look up it's meaning. Ghana with our 30 million people, with a VERY HOMOGENEOUS society, with an almost 50 percent Akan majority, with no wars, with our ABUNDANT natural/human resources, with lake Volta, with a 70 percent Christian majority etc etc etc SHOULD be upper middle economy/ even developed by now.

You want to compare that to Nigeria's myriad of problems? Which we're all aware off? Do an audit of large firms in Ghana and tell me how many are OWNED by GHANAIANS? And compare that to Nigeria. Do you know Nigerian Igbo traders started our Abossey Okai spare parts business? Do you know how we came by Makola? (Original is Mokola in Ibadan)

We're not self sufficient in tomato, rice, chicken etc etc. We go to Burkina Faso, Nigeria for tomatoes, onions etc. And when I say we're not prolific enough you're triggered.

200 million Nigeria feeds itself and the rest of Africa, despite it's many challenges. The Hausa, Igbo traders you see in the remotest of Ghanaian villages, if they're not prolific I don't know what is.

In Ghana our Ewe/Fante/Ga fishermen are some of the best around, and they'd Chase fish wherever they'd find it. They're fishing in Gambia, Nigeria, Benin etc waters. They're prolific in their sector. The Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa traders are masters at trading, and would Chase money/trade wherever they can find it. They're prolific traders. Like the Somalis. Ghana's version would be the Kwahu and the Asante.

The Asians, Chinese, Indians would Chase gold wherever they can find it. Etc etc. These are truths.

My Nigeria in-laws who've moved to Ghana are building properties everywhere, operating agric farms, operating stores/stalls, doing lots of stuff all over the place having multiple streams of income, and when I say these're prolific people you're triggered.
Re: Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. by PetroDolla2020: 12:21am On Aug 23, 2021
Who told you Nigerians supply food to Ghana? Are you not aware that Nigerian traders have been coming to Ghana to buy foodstuffs in recent months and weeks? Go and do your research properly. it's obvious you don';t know anything. Yes, you don't know anything. You have never stepped your feet in that country and yet you believe all the crap you wrote? Food prices are gong through the roof in Nigeria. Farmers can't even go to the farm in Nigeria because of fulani herders and you are here talking crap.

No sensible human being talks authoritatively about something he or she knows very little precise details. If you think Nigeria is better why don't you go and live there? This is total crap!

Upon all the things you said, Nigeria this Nigeria that, today most Nigerians are rushing to come to Ghana. Today, Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world. Today, Nigerians are some of the hungriest people on earth. Today, people are being kidnapped on the streets in Nigeria for a ransom of a bottle of coke and gala. Ask Nigerians how many hours of electricity they get each day.

The greatness of a nation is measured by well the people live. Why are Nigerians rushing to come to Ghana if things are going on well in their country? Today, most Nigerians can't even travel within their country or they'll be kidnapped. they cant travel abroad because most embassies won't give a visa to a Nigerian passport holder. let me tell you a story. I was on a trip to Singapore just before covid struck. I was travelling on a Ghanaian passport by Emirates. The guy sitting beside me on the Dubai- Singapero leg of the trip was a Nigerian from Katsina. We got talking and he was shocked when I told him as a Ghanaian, I didn't need a visa to go to Singapore. He thought I had a diplomatic passport. I told him no I was using a regular Ghanaian pasport. That is how terrible the Nigerian passport has become. I guess you are among the few Ghanaians who don't appreciate a great country Ghana is, huh? It is simple. If you think Nigeria is better, then get the hell out of Ghana. We don't need people like you!

[quote author=mdntiri post=105079102][/quote]
Re: Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. by mdntiri(m): 1:33am On Aug 23, 2021
PetroDolla2020:
Who told you Nigerians supply food to Ghana? Are you not aware that Nigerian traders have been coming to Ghana to buy foodstuffs in recent months and weeks? Go and do your research properly. it's obvious you don';t know anything. Yes, you don't know anything. You have never stepped your feet in that country and yet you believe all the crap you wrote? Food prices are gong through the roof in Nigeria. Farmers can't even go to the farm in Nigeria because of fulani herders and you are here talking crap.

No sensible human being talks authoritatively about something he or she knows very little precise details. If you think Nigeria is better why don't you go and live there? This is total crap!

Upon all the things you said, Nigeria this Nigeria that, today most Nigerians are rushing to come to Ghana. Today, Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world. Today, Nigerians are some of the hungriest people on earth. Today, people are being kidnapped on the streets in Nigeria for a ransom of a bottle of coke and gala. Ask Nigerians how many hours of electricity they get each day.

The greatness of a nation is measured by well the people live. Why are Nigerians rushing to come to Ghana if things are going on well in their country? Today, most Nigerians can't even travel within their country or they'll be kidnapped. they cant travel abroad because most embassies won't give a visa to a Nigerian passport holder. let me tell you a story. I was on a trip to Singapore just before covid struck. I was travelling on a Ghanaian passport by Emirates. The guy sitting beside me on the Dubai- Singapero leg of the trip was a Nigerian from Katsina. We got talking and he was shocked when I told him as a Ghanaian, I didn't need a visa to go to Singapore. He thought I had a diplomatic passport. I told him no I was using a regular Ghanaian pasport. That is how terrible the Nigerian passport has become. I guess you are among the few Ghanaians who don't appreciate a great country Ghana is, huh? It is simple. If you think Nigeria is better, then get the hell out of Ghana. We don't need people like you!

This's the last reply I'd give you. Nigerians are PROLIFIC/productive people. That things are bad/getting worse now is/was not a concern for my initial reply. Are they the wealthiest in Africa? Yes. Is Lagos a bigger economy than Ghana? Yes. That tells you of a space that's productive. I wasn't concerned about the other nuances of HDI etc. Those are facts that I stated, and I mentioned how Accra was calmer, which Ndidi agreed to.

Ghana beats Nigeria at some indices, Nigeria beats us at other indices. You're set in your ways on Nigeria it's pointless arguing with you.

But if you're smarter, and it's not like your opinion matters anyway. But know this, and I said it earlier. You can hate Nigeria all you want BUT there's a REALITY that'd happen. There're 200 million of them, they're close to us, they'd come here.

With all of GUTA's agitations against Nigeria traders why do you think govt is stalled in evicting them? Because of our "AfCFTA credentials", and how our actions would look to the outside world, alongside the ridiculous 1million dollar demand. That's a govt that's working with "sense", and not being emotional like you and several Ghanaians like doing; they're REALISTS.

Our Sarkodies and co are here to promote their albums; should tell you something. You and I are here on an indigenously-created Nairaland, and you're pained about Nigeria proliferation; the irony
Re: Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. by ndidibabe(f): 6:36pm On Sep 16, 2021
mdntiri:

This's the last reply I'd give you. Nigerians are PROLIFIC/productive people. That things are bad/getting worse now is/was not a concern for my initial reply. Are they the wealthiest in Africa? Yes. Is Lagos a bigger economy than Ghana? Yes. That tells you of a space that's productive. I wasn't concerned about the other nuances of HDI etc. Those are facts that I stated, and I mentioned how Accra was calmer, which Ndidi agreed to.

Ghana beats Nigeria at some indices, Nigeria beats us at other indices. You're set in your ways on Nigeria it's pointless arguing with you.

But if you're smarter, and it's not like your opinion matters anyway. But know this, and I said it earlier. You can hate Nigeria all you want BUT there's a REALITY that'd happen. There're 200 million of them, they're close to us, they'd come here.

With all of GUTA's agitations against Nigeria traders why do you think govt is stalled in evicting them? Because of our "AfCFTA credentials", and how our actions would look to the outside world, alongside the ridiculous 1million dollar demand. That's a govt that's working with "sense", and not being emotional like you and several Ghanaians like doing; they're REALISTS.

Our Sarkodies and co are here to promote their albums; should tell you something. You and I are here on an indigenously-created Nairaland, and you're pained about Nigeria proliferation; the irony
Don't mind him, bro. Let him keep hating. I don't put country matter for head. Las las we are both black.
Re: Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. by iamtardey: 4:57pm On Oct 02, 2021
Yeahh lipsrsealed
mdntiri:

Lol. I have stories, but I won't go there. To be fair since last year or 2 years to now, the Nigeria-people crime stories have not been much or crazy like used to be.
Re: Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. by Gbedumusic: 6:38pm On Oct 02, 2021
Well, here is a Ghanian song i am currently jamming to

Captain Planet 4×4 – Abodie Ft. Kuami Eugene

You can download it Here
Re: Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. by mdntiri(m): 7:08pm On Oct 02, 2021
iamtardey:
Yeahh lipsrsealed

I am Taadi? Are you Ghanaian?
Re: Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. by iamtardey: 8:12pm On Oct 02, 2021
Yes na tongue
mdntiri:

I am Taadi? Are you Ghanaian?
Re: Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. by mdntiri(m): 9:23pm On Oct 02, 2021
iamtardey:
Yes na tongue

Nice one. I did my primary education in Sekondi-Takoradi. Best time of my life
Re: Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. by Xpol: 8:47pm On Oct 03, 2021
mdntiri:

I agree. I've seen stats putting Lagos'economy at 90 billion dollars and over, Ghana's as at now is less than 80 billion dollars. You guys are prolific, and I have lots of respect for you. Ghanaians are not that prolific. If we produced and consumed more of the things we use, things would improve. For our small population/land size, ABUNDANT mineral resources, peaceful people, great location, no wars etc etc we shouldn't be where we're now. But things are beginning to look good

So Lagos is bigger than Ghana(for now) in terms of GDP (economy), not population or land size
smile I like you, you’re countering them with facts and stats, you’re also honest with your argument. But I don’t really agree with “Nigerians hate Ghanaians” thing. It’s an African ways no true love for your brothers, within Nigeria the Yoruba,Hausa and Igbo mostly counter one another I’ve also seen similar things in Ghana where an Ashanti man will act as if he’s more Ghanaian than someone from the northern part. Same way you think Nigerians hate Ghanaians that’s the same way Nigerians think Ghanaians hate them but in honesty this is not a pure hatred it’s more of a brotherly competition.
Re: Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. by mdntiri(m): 6:42am On Oct 04, 2021
Xpol:
smile I like you, you’re countering them with facts and stats, you’re also honest with your argument. But I don’t really agree with “Nigerians hate Ghanaians” thing. It’s an African ways no true love for your brothers, within Nigeria the Yoruba,Hausa and Igbo mostly counter one another I’ve also seen similar things in Ghana where an Ashanti man will act as if he’s more Ghanaian than someone from the northern part. Same way you think Nigerians hate Ghanaians that’s the same way Nigerians think Ghanaians hate them but in honesty this is not a pure hatred it’s more of a brotherly competition.

Xpol there's real hate and there's the brotherly competition thing too on both sides. And these are informed by what people see, experience, perceive etc from both sides

Lots of Ghanaians especially older Ghanaians see Nigerians as criminals. You can be a renowned world famous pastor, doctor etc, so far as you're a Nigerian, to them you're a criminal, or capable of very shady stuff. And this perception is "informed" by what they've seen/experienced/heard. They'd hate Nigerians

2/3 years ago there was the unprecedented issue of Nigerians kidnapping and killing 4 girls from Takoradi. You can imagine the level of hate Nigerians suffered.

There're Nigerians who think Ghanaians are xenophobic, think Ghana is a small insignificant country that shouldn't dare compare herself to Nigeria etc and hate us. It's what it is. You know the number of Nigerians who jubilated we didn't progress in the 2010 world cup?

So the hate is there, the brotherly love thing too is there, people can pick and choose which one they should go in for. But of course on the governmental level, our leaders advocate for peace and love between us
Re: Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. by fadal(m): 11:16am On Oct 05, 2021
listening to music is haram is a sin in islamic religion

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagbaja Rocks @ Motherland / Same Girl - R.kelly Ft. Usher* / Why Do Less Than 1% Of Nigerians browse The Internet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.