Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,800 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:30 PM

Husband And Wife Worshipping/attending Separate Church. Right Or Wrong? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband And Wife Worshipping/attending Separate Church. Right Or Wrong? (900 Views)

Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? / I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. / Is It Right Or Wrong? Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Husband And Wife Worshipping/attending Separate Church. Right Or Wrong? by OPTOSUN(m): 9:39am On Aug 20, 2021
Family issue : Husband and wife worshipping/attending separate church. Right or wrong?
Does it have any effect on marriage?
Re: Husband And Wife Worshipping/attending Separate Church. Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 20, 2021
Nothing wrong, just that the man will lose control of the home in 20yrs time.

If a wife does not listen to husband, the man should know enough to threaten with the penalty of divorce.

1 Like

Re: Husband And Wife Worshipping/attending Separate Church. Right Or Wrong? by OPTOSUN(m): 10:11am On Aug 20, 2021
I don't support it. Spiritually, the husband's teachings, knowledge, belief and doctrine from his church may differ from the wife's church. This can cause havoc between them.
For instance, suppose the church the wife attend support females wearing trousers, while the husband's church is against it.
If the wife create interest and wears it, it may cause serious problem.
Re: Husband And Wife Worshipping/attending Separate Church. Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 20, 2021
Understand
Re: Husband And Wife Worshipping/attending Separate Church. Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 20, 2021
Its not wrong. Understanding is what matters. As long as it's not different religions, no qualms.

Where there's going to be a little clash is if a penticostal marries a celestial or K and S because their religious beliefs and practices differ on all levels.
Well.. this is just my opinion.because some people are so understanding that they can't let religious differences come between them.

2 Likes

Re: Husband And Wife Worshipping/attending Separate Church. Right Or Wrong? by Nuelito: 11:28am On Aug 20, 2021
If the spouse lacks understanding.....the marriage go just dey go zig zag.
Re: Husband And Wife Worshipping/attending Separate Church. Right Or Wrong? by ahnie: 11:48am On Aug 20, 2021
Churchy peeps every where.
I don't see anything wrong with boths attending different gatherings.

It's just a matter of understanding shikina.
I attend mountain of fire,my husband attends deeper life church...so kini big deal?

1 Like

Re: Husband And Wife Worshipping/attending Separate Church. Right Or Wrong? by Monogamy: 3:56pm On Aug 20, 2021
No be same God they are worshipping?

1 Like

Re: Husband And Wife Worshipping/attending Separate Church. Right Or Wrong? by Rubbiish(m): 4:36pm On Aug 20, 2021
If as a man u can't get your wife to worship in same church with u, just know your wife doesn't respect u.

3 Likes

Re: Husband And Wife Worshipping/attending Separate Church. Right Or Wrong? by Rubbiish(m): 4:45pm On Aug 20, 2021
CharisEleos:
Its not wrong. Understanding is what matters. As long as it's not different religions, no qualms.

Where there's going to be a little clash is if a penticostal marries a celestial or K and S because their religious beliefs and practices differ on all levels.
Well.. this is just my opinion.because some people are so understanding that they can't let religious differences come between them.
It is wrong!
Which church will the baby be dedicated?
Which church will the children attend?
In cases of family Thanksgiving, which church will it be done?
There is no way couples attending separate churches won't detract from the bond of any family, both spiritually & in the Christian life of the children.
Re: Husband And Wife Worshipping/attending Separate Church. Right Or Wrong? by GboyegaD(m): 5:16pm On Aug 20, 2021
It isn't a big deal because at the end of it all, you both decide how you run your home and it has nothing to do with the church you attend.

1 Like

Re: Husband And Wife Worshipping/attending Separate Church. Right Or Wrong? by poshestmina(f): 1:40am On Aug 21, 2021
Rubbiish:
If as a man u can't get your wife to worship in same church with u, just know your wife doesn't respect u.

It's not always this way.
There was a time my dad didn't attend Church/left God for years , mom was the spiritual powerhouse , became a deaconess in Rccg.
Dad came back to God after so many years ,attends a different church now.

He goes to my mom's church on special occasions ,my family house hosts weekly fellowships and they use Rccg morning devotional books and he buys refreshments most times for them .

Cross over nights : grin grin ,one goes to Salvation ministries with his family ,one goes to Mfm, Christ Embassy but all the grandkids follow their grandma.

It's UNDERSTANDING.
UNDERSTAND and MAKE room for peace!

2 Likes

Re: Husband And Wife Worshipping/attending Separate Church. Right Or Wrong? by oldienavie: 2:27am On Aug 21, 2021
poshestmina:

It's not always this way.
There was a time my dad didn't attend Church/left God for years , mom was the spiritual powerhouse , became a deaconess in Rccg.
Dad came back to God after so many years ,attends a different church now.

He goes to my mom's church on special occasions ,my family house hosts weekly fellowships and they use Rccg morning devotional books and he buys refreshments most times for them .

Cross over nights : grin grin ,one goes to Salvation ministries with his family ,one goes to Mfm, Christ Embassy but all the grandkids follow their grandma.

It's UNDERSTANDING.
UNDERSTAND and MAKE room for peace!

The fact that this is happening does not make it ideal, the family should be together especially worshipping together in the same church creates better bond.
Just like some people divorce, it is not because divorce is good but because they do not have a choice.

1 Like

Re: Husband And Wife Worshipping/attending Separate Church. Right Or Wrong? by poshestmina(f): 2:58am On Aug 21, 2021
oldienavie:

The fact that this is happening does not make it ideal, the family should be together especially worshipping together in the same church creates better bond.
Just like some people divorce, it is not because divorce is good but because they do not have a choice.

Worshipping together doesn't guarantee having a peaceful home and family .

I feel really uncomfortable around/in some churches ( White garments , Catholic and all this emergency 'chukwudindu churches 'etc ,NO OFFENCES PLEASE) .

Except We both had an agreement before the marriage and I promised to switch over.

It's the manifestations ,fear , dividend of serving God !

Come correct next time you're writing the last statement to me.

2 Likes

Re: Husband And Wife Worshipping/attending Separate Church. Right Or Wrong? by Uyi168: 6:16am On Aug 21, 2021
Rubbiish:
It' doesn't work like that.

In some cases, it's quite complicated.
I have seen plenty couples that attend separate churches and are doing very well.

1 Like

Re: Husband And Wife Worshipping/attending Separate Church. Right Or Wrong? by oldienavie: 3:00pm On Aug 21, 2021
poshestmina:

Worshipping together doesn't guarantee having a peaceful home and family .

I feel really uncomfortable around/in some churches ( White garments , Catholic and all this emergency 'chukwudindu churches 'etc ,NO OFFENCES PLEASE) .

Except We both had an agreement before the marriage and I promised to switch over.

It's the manifestations ,fear , dividend of serving God !

Come correct next time you're writing the last statement to me.
How else do I pass my message accross to you ? I did not say it guarantees anything, but that is the ideal thing to do.

1 Like

Re: Husband And Wife Worshipping/attending Separate Church. Right Or Wrong? by peacefulhome(f): 9:14pm On Aug 21, 2021
Well ,am an example of such marriage. And as far as I know, no issue what so ever. The most important thing in my life is peace. If going to separate church brings about peace of mind , why not?
I believe there are more important thing that we should deal with not Church stuff.

No body should call for my head. I wouldn't reply cheesy wink

3 Likes

Re: Husband And Wife Worshipping/attending Separate Church. Right Or Wrong? by deavicky(m): 10:03pm On Aug 21, 2021
OPTOSUN:
I don't support it. Spiritually, the husband's teachings, knowledge, belief and doctrine from his church may differ from the wife's church. This can cause havoc between them.
For instance, suppose the church the wife attend support females wearing trousers, while the husband's church is against it.
If the wife create interest and wears it, it may cause serious problem.
see ur reason nah does it make sense to you. Is not better for them to go different churches than the man staying at home.
Re: Husband And Wife Worshipping/attending Separate Church. Right Or Wrong? by deavicky(m): 10:05pm On Aug 21, 2021
peacefulhome:
While am an example of such marriage. And as far as I know, no issue what so ever. The most important thing in my life is peace. If going to separate church brings about peace of mind , why not?
I believe there are more important thing that we should deal with not Church stuff.

No body should call for my head. I wouldn't reply cheesy wink
correct man. How can a reasonable person allow church to cause problem to his marriage. Didn't they say salvation is an individual race.

1 Like

Re: Husband And Wife Worshipping/attending Separate Church. Right Or Wrong? by deavicky(m): 10:09pm On Aug 21, 2021
Rubbiish:

It is wrong!
Which church will the baby be dedicated?
Which church will the children attend?
In cases of family Thanksgiving, which church will it be done?
There is no way couples attending separate churches won't detract from the bond of any family, both spiritually & in the Christian life of the children.
what of case where the man is musilm and the woman is Christian.
What is wrong if the dedication is done in any of the churches. What is wrong with children chooses who to follow.
Re: Husband And Wife Worshipping/attending Separate Church. Right Or Wrong? by OPTOSUN(m): 10:29pm On Aug 21, 2021
deavicky:
see ur reason nah does it make sense to you. Is not better for them to go different churches than the man staying at home.
The man staying at home is another topic on its own.
Read the topic abeg
Re: Husband And Wife Worshipping/attending Separate Church. Right Or Wrong? by deavicky(m): 10:31pm On Aug 21, 2021
OPTOSUN:

The man staying at home is another topic on its own.
Read the topic abeg
if a man that stay at home can be managed how comes different church should problem.
Re: Husband And Wife Worshipping/attending Separate Church. Right Or Wrong? by OPTOSUN(m): 10:47pm On Aug 21, 2021
deavicky:
if a man that stay at home can be managed how comes different church should problem.
Don't forget men are not the same. Humans act differently. Because it works for someone doesn't mean it's going to work for another person......................
Let's know your reason why it's right for couples to attend different/separate churches. Tanku
Re: Husband And Wife Worshipping/attending Separate Church. Right Or Wrong? by 234GT(m): 11:32pm On Aug 21, 2021
You cant stay under my roof and attend a different church.

If you cant attend my church, just pack your things and leave. No fight!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Husband And Wife Worshipping/attending Separate Church. Right Or Wrong? by Vision101(m): 12:29am On Aug 22, 2021
Very very wrong. I have pending case now involving burial. Wife is a deaconess in rccg, husband is a member of one okonkwo & okonkwo church. Husband has died. The burial scheduled for 24th in South East.

Okonkwo & okonkwo church refuses to conduct the funeral. Wife and children are stranded. Rccg says that they can't conduct burial service for a non-member. Service of songs on 23rd - Monday. Of course it's dangerous to go to South East because of IPOB. I have offered to make the sacrifice of traveling after service tomorrow with a view of staying till Monday evening to conduct the service of songs. The higher authorities have overruled me.

So no service of songs. I have been pleading for mercy so that we can conduct the burial. This is not the first case.

For spiritual purposes the man should be the bishop of the house. The family should pray and study under one doctrine.

When there are issues, they are easier to resolve because the report comes to one shepherd. Both respect him.
Re: Husband And Wife Worshipping/attending Separate Church. Right Or Wrong? by wunmi590(m): 1:22am On Aug 22, 2021

Let me pitch my tent here first before I finally comment
Re: Husband And Wife Worshipping/attending Separate Church. Right Or Wrong? by oldienavie: 5:02am On Aug 22, 2021
Vision101:
Very very wrong. I have pending case now involving burial. Wife is a deaconess in rccg, husband is a member of one okonkwo & okonkwo church. Husband has died. The burial scheduled for 24th in South East.

Okonkwo & okonkwo church refuses to conduct the funeral. Wife and children are stranded. Rccg says that they can't conduct burial service for a non-member. Service of songs on 23rd - Monday. Of course it's dangerous to go to South East because of IPOB. I have offered to make the sacrifice of traveling after service tomorrow with a view of staying till Monday evening to conduct the service of songs. The higher authorities have overruled me.

So no service of songs. I have been pleading for mercy so that we can conduct the burial. This is not the first case.

For spiritual purposes the man should be the bishop of the house. The family should pray and study under one doctrine.

When there are issues, they are easier to resolve because the report comes to one shepherd. Both respect him.

Thank you for your insightful contribution, a lot of kids on Nairaland saying it is not an issue. What kind of home will have the 2 parents worshipping in diiferent churches ? Very wrong on all levels.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

How Many Men Can Boldly Say My Wife Stood By Me When I Had Nothing? / Why we mostly regret the things we did not do / Chose Between Nigeria And Hundred Million Dollars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.