Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (1427) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3510516 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1424) (1425) (1426) (1427) (1428) (1429) (1430) ... (2816) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by urahara(m): 5:28pm On Nov 19, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Haha. Breaking Bad does that to people. cheesy

I swear since I started it , It has made Power look like shit.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by armadeo(m): 5:31pm On Nov 19, 2019
2pretty4u:
Grey's anatomy, season 16 episode 8. Best best episode so far, can't believe this show can still make me shed tears after Derek's death.

Cant believe I've watched every episode of this show.

Mark sloan my man. I felt sad when he died and Derek burst into tears.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by armadeo(m): 5:33pm On Nov 19, 2019
Moneyboyz:
His Dark Material : 8/10 so far.

Castle Rock 2: 8/10 so far

His dark materials hmmm.

Saw the movie some 10years ago.

Tried the series but it wasnt catchy. Maybe I was tired. Still have it though. Will kick it in when i have tim.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Slimpotter(m): 5:36pm On Nov 19, 2019
kendrick93:
I wonder too....are those scenes actually shot in North Korea?
I don't think so, probably South Korea. I'm not sure the Korean government will give them license to even act such demeaning scenes in their country.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by henrydadon(m): 5:53pm On Nov 19, 2019
Make una come See ooo... Things are happening in Amazon.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by JeromeBlack: 6:02pm On Nov 19, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Your loss. It's a great show. tongue

For you, I can understand.

Americans are fascinated by the English and their royal culture.

Nigga, cut that Yankee shite out.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 19, 2019
JeromeBlack:

For you, I can understand.

Americans are fascinated by the English and their royal culture.

Nigga, cut that Yankee shite out.

Yankee kor pantie nii.

Niggah, living in America doesn't automatically make a person an American. I'm as Nigerian as you're.

The Crown is just an history edification, I treat it like I would a well written historical show of high production value. I have absolutely zero prejudices against the British royal family, so it's really no sweat off my back.

You're missing out by depriving yourself of this masterpiece. And if I may ask, why do you hate the royal family so much?

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:35pm On Nov 19, 2019
henrydadon:
Make una come See ooo... Things are happening in Amazon.

Netflix did the same thing to The Witcher.

Medieval fantasies ti take over.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:35pm On Nov 19, 2019
urahara:

I swear since I started it , It has made Power look like shit.

As in. Power is childish compared to Breaking Bad.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:39pm On Nov 19, 2019
Thanks to you all for passionately talking about Breaking Bad. I started it yesterday and it has been good so far.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bojack(m): 6:41pm On Nov 19, 2019
TOP BOY
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by JeromeBlack: 6:49pm On Nov 19, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Yankee kor pantie nii.

Niggah, living in America doesn't automatically make a person an American. I'm as Nigerian as you're.

The Crown is just an history edification, I treat it like I would a well written historical show of high production value. I have absolutely zero prejudices against the British royal family, so it's really no sweat off my back.

You're missing out by depriving yourself of this masterpiece. And if I may ask, why do you hate the royal family so much?

Woke. I'm a woke nigga. Knowing that Nigeria was colonised in the name of the Queen, why would I love the royal family?

I am also not a fan of monarchy. That is why I loved killmonger more than Tchalla.

I know the history of the British royal family. I dont need to watch it, especially a recent generation of the family. The medieval royal family is far more interesting- imagine a king beheading his wife.....

I tried watching the crown but it was just annoying and boring.

Compare this to the Borgias.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Moneyboyz: 6:59pm On Nov 19, 2019
Patiently waiting for Tell Me A Story Season 2.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 19, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Woke. I'm a woke nigga. Knowing that Nigeria was colonised in the name of the Queen, why would I love the royal family?

I am also not a fan of monarchy. That is why I loved killmonger more than Tchalla.

I know the history of the British royal family. I dont need to watch it, especially a recent generation of the family. The medieval royal family is far more interesting- imagine a king beheading his wife.....

Compare this to the Borgias.

You have exceeded your woke(ness).

Imputing guilt to the royal family for slavery is tantamount to blaming the sun for giving you a sunburn. Without your own forefathers inclination to trade their tribesmen for a few crate of gin, white slavemasters wouldn't have had slaves to ferry overseas to begin with. Slavery (like most things in life) was a vicious cycle, buddy. Every race involved, contributed their fair share of quota. grin

You should be thanking the Queen for bringing civilization to Nigeria, methinks. The fact that you're utilizing the cyber space, and communicating in English, is a testament of the gratitude you owe to your British overlords. grin

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Singapore1(m): 7:44pm On Nov 19, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Imputing guilt to the royal family for slavery is tantamount to blaming the sun for giving you a sunburn. Without your own forefathers inclination to trade their tribesmen for a few crate of gin, white slavemasters wouldn't have had slaves to ferry overseas. Slavery (like everything in life) was a vicious cycle, buddy. Every race played their part.

You should be thanking the Queen for bringing civilization to Nigeria, methinks. The fact that you're utilizing the cyber space, and communicating in English, is a testament of the gratitude you owe to your British overlords. grin

this comment is an understatement, the role our forefathers played in selling their fellow countrymen is not small. The likes of jaja of opobo literally sold us to the whites, i mean how fvcked up can that be? selling your fellow African . so i think his anger should be focused on our ancestors rather than the British.

of course just like jeromeblack i too am never a fan of the British for the role they played in dividing Nigeria ( which they still do ). an average British will also smile at you while wishing you are dead inside . i understand his plight partly but it is what it is ...

also we can't thank the brits for giving us english, i mean we had no choice. if anything it was forced on us
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:05pm On Nov 19, 2019
Singapore1:

this comment is an understatement, the role our forefathers played in selling their fellow countrymen is not small. The likes of jaja of opobo literally sold us to the whites, i mean how fvcked up can that be? selling your fellow African . so i think his anger should be focused on our ancestors rather than the British.

of course just like jeromeblack i too am never a fan of the British for the role they played in dividing Nigeria ( which they still do ). an average British will also smile at you while wishing you are dead inside. i understand his plight partly but it is what it is ...

also we can't thank the brits for giving us english, i mean we had no choice. if anything it was forced on us

Ha, playing both side of the court, are we? wink

Bro, everything I said was tongue-in-cheek, I was only being quarter-serious. What I said may have some truth in em, but it's such a divisive topic to warrant a serious consideration.

Anyhoo, the bolded can also be applied to an average Nigerian, or any country in the world... just saying. lipsrsealed
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Singapore1(m): 8:28pm On Nov 19, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Ha, playing both side of the court, are we? wink

i was just supporting your claim about our ancestor and also not entirely the colonial master's fault..

Bro, everything I said was tongue-in-cheek, I was only being quarter-serious. What I said may have some truth in it, but it's such a divisive topic to warrant a serious consideration.

i guess i took it too serious,

Anyhoo, the bolded can also be applied to an average Nigerian, or any country in the world... just saying. lipsrsealed

you never live for lagos, people are not smiling o
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by JeromeBlack: 9:24pm On Nov 19, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Imputing guilt to the royal family for slavery is tantamount to blaming the sun for giving you a sunburn. Without your own forefathers inclination to trade their tribesmen for a few crate of gin, white slavemasters wouldn't have had slaves to ferry overseas to begin with. Slavery (like most things in life) was a vicious cycle, buddy. Every race involved, contributed their fair share of quota. grin

Who told you that Nigerians sold their tribesmen for crates of gin? White men abi?

Not all tribes engaged in slavery...

Anyhow, I digress.

Look at all the countries that were dominated by the English. Those who kept their languages developed.

From China to India to Hong Kong.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by JeromeBlack: 9:26pm On Nov 19, 2019
Ok, koicereloaded. Since you were having a jest, no problem.

Still though, I actually surprised that you like the crown.

What next? Downtown Abbey?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 19, 2019
JeromeBlack:
Ok, koicereloaded. Since you were having a jest, no problem.

Still though, I actually surprised that you like the crown.

What next? Downtown Abbey?

The Crown has all the qualities I seek in a period drama. It's a slow burn that is propelled by captivating dialogue, with plot lines consistent with documented history.

Downton Abbey? Loved it to bits. The Crown is a worthy replacement.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by JeromeBlack: 9:51pm On Nov 19, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

The Crown has all the qualities I seek in a period drama. It's a slow burn that is propelled by captivating dialogue, with plot lines consistent with documented history.

Maybe I am not just into rich white british conservative families on tv.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by introvertme: 11:10pm On Nov 19, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

The only problem with the crown is that the queen is still alive. They'll do everything not to offend the queen and Buckingham palace. If it was 20 years after her death, the show would make a good watch.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kongolo(m): 11:18pm On Nov 19, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Compare this to the Borgias
Or The Tudors
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by gift01: 4:39am On Nov 20, 2019
Just finished Breaking Bad season 1 and it was good

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:44am On Nov 20, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Maybe I am not just into rich white british conservative families on tv.

No one likes the Tories, but y'all need to get over your prejudice, and if you can't, at least compartmentalize the hell out of that shit. For instance, I resent Italy and Italians, but my resentment didn't stop me from watching and enjoying Gomorrah, because I recognised it for what it was; a history edification on organised crime in Naples, Italy.

Las Las, let's not make a mountain out of a molehill.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:44am On Nov 20, 2019
introvertme:

The only problem with the crown is that the queen is still alive. They'll do everything not to offend the queen and Buckingham palace. If it was 20 years after her death, the show would make a good watch.

It's a fantastic watch, anyhow.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by realestniggah: 6:47am On Nov 20, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

I wasn't a fan of the crown myself.. I found it to be boring..and some what a propaganda piece for the bristish empire.. I was done after the first two episodes.. Beside I'm not interested in watching a movies based on the British empire while majority of them are still alive..because there is going to be absolutely next to no freedom for the script writers.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by JeromeBlack: 6:47am On Nov 20, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

No one likes the Tories, but y'all need to get over your prejudice, and if you can't, at least compartmentalize the hell out of that shit. For instance, I resent Italy and Italians, but my resentment didn't stop me from watching and enjoying Gomorrah, because I recognised it for what it was; a history edification on organised crime in Naples, Italy.

Las Las, let's not make a mountain out of a molehill.

Lol......compartmentalize? Sounds like going to your happy place when being molested.

Jokes apart, you have a point. One needs to get over personal bias.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by realestniggah: 6:53am On Nov 20, 2019
introvertme:

Exactly you said it all. The queen is still alive they can't possibly give us the full detail of her life, because things are happening and event are still unfolding.. No one will be willing to go on record to say this is how the queen actually lived her life, for fear of having misterious accident.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 7:12am On Nov 20, 2019
Brukx:
I swr down. I was struggling with the old school Nigga slangs. And they iced it up with "duji" that was when local man gave up

grin , I like the storyline though, that's what making me keep up with it, and some very fine acting.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:14am On Nov 20, 2019
realestniggah:

I wasn't a fan of the crown myself.. I found it to be boring..and some what a propaganda piece for the bristish empire.. I was done after the first two episodes.. Beside I'm not interested in watching a movies based on the British empire while majority of them are still alive..because there is going to be absolutely next to no freedom for the script writers.

This is what happens when people speak out of ignorance. SMH. undecided

The Crown is not a propaganda piece, it's an exposé. It has explored many hidden intricacies and secrets of the British royal family.

Bro, watch the show, and educate yourself. Don't talk what you don't know.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:19am On Nov 20, 2019
realestniggah:

Exactly you said it all. The queen is still alive they can't possibly give us the full detail of her life, because things are happening and event are still unfolding.. No one will be willing to go on record to say this is how the queen actually lived her life, for fear of having misterious accident.

Lmao. Never thought a day will come when the largely benevolent British royal family will be likened to the malevolent mafia organization, but here we are. Geez...

FYI, The Crown is mostly American made, and owes the British royal family nothing, in the sense that Netflix have a complete creative freedom to do their show as they see fit, as long as it's consistent with documented history.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1424) (1425) (1426) (1427) (1428) (1429) (1430) ... (2816) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54