Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,583 members, 7,823,524 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (1462) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3531787 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1459) (1460) (1461) (1462) (1463) (1464) (1465) ... (2821) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 5:55pm On Dec 23, 2019
Singapore1:

that's because you are directly comparing it with the game when they are only interested in adapting the side missions ( for coin ) side missions is where the game adaptation ends ...

but of course i get your point

the show is adapted from the novels not the game. netflix said the event of the show precedes the event of the game.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 5:56pm On Dec 23, 2019
Singapore1:
game
yeah I misunderstood you.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 23, 2019
somebody!!!! give us locked up link..
forget witcher oooooo!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 6:19pm On Dec 23, 2019
joobseekar:

Thank God I no download am, same thing with Mandalorian, despite each episode is not up to 40minutes, the shit is still boring as Bleep. I can't even finish episode 3...
Another Wu Assassins come to mind. Stupid fight, foolish story line. Boring boring boring!

Lol, That Wu Assassins have been laying waste to space on my phone for 2 months now.

I've been meaning to watch and delete but new shows like Watchmen and The Witcher are giving me headache seeing it.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 6:21pm On Dec 23, 2019
Thegamingorca:

Holy shit

LMAO

The thing enter DIE!!!! cheesy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by hpymoment(f): 6:26pm On Dec 23, 2019
His dark materials is the worst TV show i have ever seen cry

What do they take us for? Dishing out all manner of shit.
Is it Animal series or human series. The only interesting part is that guy with his insane mother, i like how he's trying to handle things.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 6:32pm On Dec 23, 2019
Singapore1:

people here are either overrating the show or underrating it. people who are dissapointed are those who got carried away by the hype. i have played the witcher game and read the book ( didn't finish the book ).

Netflix is trying 3 things here ... 1. their own narrative 2. the book 3. and the game side missions ...
if you are not a fan of the game and the book there is no way you will understand this series the first season, i understand what Netflix is trying to do.

also i agree with you the timeline is fvcked and the gap is too wide to make sense which is why i gave the series 7.5/10 ... it's a fantastic series still in my own opinion but the timeline Gap doesn't make sense as compare to the book.

i don't know what the fuss is all about, it's either people expected way too much from the series or they are not a fan of Fantasy at all ... just like the other guy said maybe part of the reason why people didn't appreciate this series is the fact that all episode was released at once ( for a fantasy series )

the series is still fantastic for me but saying it's better than Got is absurd!!

In fact if they can get the timeline right in season 2 it will be great, there is just so much to explore and this series has the potential to get renewed till season 5 ....

if you are a fan of fantasy.. IT'S A GREAT SHOW. it's 8 episode ( 1 hour per episode ) .. you've got nothing to lose ( except maybe your time ) ...

since this is holiday period, you've still got nothing to lose cheesy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOILER

another confusing thing is when the sorceress said Jennifer is her best student, there is nothing in season 1 that shows Jennifer as her best student, if anything she's a failure in the series but if you've read the book you will understand.

maybe there still more flashback to explain how Jennifer came to be the best sorceress

SECONDLY

Cavil should be shown more in season 2 !!!!

again it's a very good series with its faults ( like Got )

The is the most plausible review I've read about The Witcher on this thread.

Those reasons are mainly what I too think is the problem of the show and also the lesser focus on Cavill's character. Netflix trying to do too many things all at once. I haven't read the books or played the game but I understand your sentiments.

Now, time for me to head to the show. I haven't even started watching it yet........
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by IghravweIG(m): 6:32pm On Dec 23, 2019
Someone please recommend fantasy and magic series for me.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 6:37pm On Dec 23, 2019
hpymoment:

Is it Animal series or human series. The only interesting part is that guy with his insane mother, i like how he's trying to handle things.

See review sef, which one be Animal series or human Series? cry

If talking animals is not your thing steer clear then. Seems you don't understand the function of the animals in the story that's why you're yapping.

I haven't caught up with the series yet but, I have a feeling you don't fully grasp the mural of the story.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Tolu121: 6:38pm On Dec 23, 2019
IghravweIG:

the witcher

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 6:39pm On Dec 23, 2019
abduleez1:

The is the most plausible review I've read about The Witcher on this thread.

Those reasons are mainly what I too think is the problem of the show and also the lesser focus on Cavill's character. Netflix trying to do too many things all at once. I haven't read the books or played the game but I understand your sentiments.

Now, time for me to head to the show. I haven't even started watching it yet.......
but how would you know when you haven't started watching it or are you psychic

the guy you quoted said what you wanted to hear, and in your haste to validate him, you ended up contradicting yourself.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 6:39pm On Dec 23, 2019
IghravweIG:

Game of Thrones
The Witcher
The Dark Crystal
His Dark Materials

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by solomonbrown64: 6:43pm On Dec 23, 2019
.... I never thought I would see the day I will watch a complete fantasy series where the use magic won't be sidelined. Since Legend of the Seeker was cancelled, there haven't been another series like that. GOT wasn't it and completely different in what I wanted and what was given.

... The Witcher. Oh My Word!! Action from beginning to end with a story that was slowly told albeit in what might seem like a random order but in my opinion, well done. The writing was very good and the use of CGI was well done too. In this first season: every detail matters, every scene matters too. Skip even one and the show won't make sense. My goodness, those with magic never seem to age especially the Witcher.

... There is so much potential in the series and since Netflix have said that they want to make it their own form of GOT which I think the comparison is unnecessary, I have faith that the show will only get better. So many bonds were seen to have been made in this introductory season; the two that surrounds the Witcher is what interests me the most.

... The cinematography was awesome, and unique sound that follows the swing of the Witcher's sword reminds me of that of the Sword of Truth too – that dance of blades we have truly missed was evident in the first episode and hopefully more like that in the next season. For Fantasy lovers: the wheel of Time series and the Upcoming Lord of the rings series will make a brilliant 2021. I honestly can't wait. I will rate this season an 8.5. I loved it.

... Oh, I loved that Bard too and his Witcher's song. That ballad was brilliant.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 6:45pm On Dec 23, 2019
Bratking:

but how would you know when you haven't started watching it or are you psychic

the guy you quoted said what you wanted to hear, and in your haste to validate him, you ended up contradicting yourself.

No not contradicting. I'm stating my opinion based on numerous reviews I've seen online about the show. And mainly based on comments from the showrunner. Trying to merge The Game and The Books together in the show and the likelihood of trying to replace GoT.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Brukx(m): 6:46pm On Dec 23, 2019
hpymoment:

The only negative review of this show I've seen. Guy you are on your own

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 6:49pm On Dec 23, 2019
abduleez1:

No not contradicting. I'm stating my opinion based on numerous reviews I've seen online about the show. And mainly based on comments from the showrunner. Trying to merge The Game and The Books together in the show and the likelihood of trying to replace GoT.

netflix said from the onset that the witcher series will be adapted from the novels only.

so I don't know were you heard the showrunner talking about merging the novels and the games.

please I need a link.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Brukx(m): 6:53pm On Dec 23, 2019
I really hope it's not as bad as they say it is. Episode 1 was okay for me 7/10. Loved the fight scene at the market.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Singapore1(m): 6:56pm On Dec 23, 2019
Brukx:
I really hope it's not as bad as they say it is. Episode 1 was okay for me 7/10. Loved the fight scene at the market.

when it comes to fantasy .. there is your expectation and reality ...

the reality is in play... ignore the reviews and enjoy your series
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:57pm On Dec 23, 2019
incipite... incipite.. parvuli...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Singapore1(m): 6:57pm On Dec 23, 2019
Bratking:

netflix said from the onset that the witcher series will be adapted from the novels only.

so I don't know were you heard the showrunner talking about merging the novels and the games.

please I need a link.
here

400 side missions

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 7:00pm On Dec 23, 2019
Singapore1:
here
400 side missions
lololololol
the onion is a satire website.
everything it post is fake.

lololololol

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 7:03pm On Dec 23, 2019
Singapore1:

here

400 side missions

Thank you.

Now I go hear word.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 7:04pm On Dec 23, 2019
Bratking:

please I need a link.

Singapore1 has provided you with the link.

Thanks.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 7:06pm On Dec 23, 2019
abduleez1:

Singapore1 has provided you with the link.
Thanks.
he posted the link of the onion, a world renowned joke website. grin grin grin
do yourself a favor and google "the onion".

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Singapore1(m): 7:06pm On Dec 23, 2019
Bratking:

lololololol

the onion is a satire website.

everything it post is fake.

lololololol

lol

actually they got the whole article from nypost which is where i saw it originally ( couldn't see it again ) ....

plagiarism is what the onion is known for ( and exaggeration ) ... of course 400 side mission seems impossible and you don't expect them to use everything

this is my last comment on the matter
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 7:14pm On Dec 23, 2019
Singapore1:

lol

actually they got the whole article from nypost which is where i saw it originally ( couldn't see it again ) ....

plagiarism is what the onion is known for ...

this is my last comment on the matter
i have spoken

bro google "the onion". their posts are all tongue in cheek. they are well known for their fake but funny content grin grin grin

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/dont-get-fooled-by-these-fake-news-sites/17/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjwjaWqsMzmAhWhkFwKHaL5C5EQFjAaegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw2J17D98VzUp_mKA5jCAiz7
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Singapore1(m): 7:17pm On Dec 23, 2019
Bratking:

bro google "the onion". their posts are all tongue in cheek. they are well known for their fake but funny content grin grin grin

satirical doesn't literally means lies ..

but i give up
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 7:20pm On Dec 23, 2019
Singapore1:

satirical doesn't literally means lies ..

but i give up
why are we still even arguing about this

go through the list. the onion is at number 17

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/dont-get-fooled-by-these-fake-news-sites/17/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjwjaWqsMzmAhWhkFwKHaL5C5EQFjAaegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw2J17D98VzUp_mKA5jCAiz7
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Singapore1(m): 7:21pm On Dec 23, 2019
Bratking:

bro you already gave it your rating

let other people enjoy it grin wink

on the internet nobody is ever wrong

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 7:29pm On Dec 23, 2019
Singapore1:

bro you already gave it your rating
let other people enjoy it grin wink
on the internet nobody is ever wrong
I just want you to accept the fact that you got pranked by the onion. grin grin grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Singapore1(m): 7:33pm On Dec 23, 2019
Bratking:

I just want you to accept the fact that you got pranked by the onion. grin grin grin

okay i got pranked cheesy ... but see this

from the way henry cavil talk one can say he got that inspiration from the video game ...

the way he fights is also an inspiration from the video game ... i mentioned these 2 things because novels wont show you amongst other things
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 7:39pm On Dec 23, 2019
Singapore1:

okay i got pranked cheesy ... but see this

from the way henry cavil talk one can say he got that inspiration from the video game ...

the way he fights is also an inspiration from the video game ... i mentioned these 2 things because novels wont show you amongst other things

he drew inspiration from the game, yes. he even got the voice right.

but that's where the game connection ended. the game geralt has a scar, cat eyes and beard amongst other things

in the show, he's still young compared to the game where he's aged.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1459) (1460) (1461) (1462) (1463) (1464) (1465) ... (2821) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.