Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,282 members, 7,829,642 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (1569) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3540112 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1566) (1567) (1568) (1569) (1570) (1571) (1572) ... (2825) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Ayekotoo(m): 11:43am On Apr 04, 2020
Tomjazzy2:

Hope they're all done in English?

Apart from Vikings, which other falls into same genre as GOT?
No other. Your best bet to search for Genres:Action, Adventure, Mystery, Fantasy. You could add History. I recommend series like Witcher, Emerald-City, Rise of Empire: Ottoman, Knightfall
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 11:43am On Apr 04, 2020
Ayekotoo:

Although, Witcher is not on the same level with GOT but it's worth more than all these Telenovela series some posters are hyping here
smh... I've watched like 8 or more series this year alone...
The best I've seen this year so far is

Money Heist (Spanish)
Mr Sunshine (Korean historical)
Elite (Spanish)
All these in no particular order

Notable mentions
The Witcher
Sex education

If u think I my Hollywood can make great series...u need a rethink

Series I don't want to watch but I know they're very good
Kingdom (Korean zombie series)
SEE
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 11:44am On Apr 04, 2020
People here just watching Homeland?
That epic series
Anyway last season was shit sha
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Illusioneffect(m): 11:46am On Apr 04, 2020
Baddestguyp:
designated survivor dropped after season 1...I tried and tried to finish season 2 cos of Bauer but mehn...it was trash...

And that knives out movie is seriously overrated...it wasn't the intelligent detective movie that was advertised...the directors were confused midway...

Lemme recommend classic Asian movies for you
Watch the Vengeance trilogy:
No Sympathy for Mr Vengeance
Oldboy
Lady Vengeance

Recent movies watch:
Parasite
The Handmaiden
I saw the Devil
Snowpiercer
Along with the Gods
The housemaid
The taste of money

There are many more...I can't recall now so I can't type ..
I watched all these this, like over 20 this year, now I'm in love with Asian movies...

Their movies are nothing like their series...I swear...
Watched Snowpiecer, it was cool in a kinda way, but my best film of 2019 was Parasite, i have said it already, i was not surprised it won the Oscars, but i will check out the rest, where can i download them?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 11:47am On Apr 04, 2020
Illusioneffect:

Watched Snowpiecer, it was cool in a kinda way, but my best film of 2019 was Parasite, i have said it already, i was not surprised it won the Oscars, but i will check out the rest, where can i download them?
pahe.in
You should get most of them there

Also check out The Last Princess
There are many more Asian movies I watched this year...if I get power my PC I'll update the list
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Ayekotoo(m): 11:48am On Apr 04, 2020
Baddestguyp:
there are many epic series...both Hollywood and from different countries...
Check out other American series, Korean series, Spanish series, etc...
They exist...if u want something good, don't limit urself
Count me out of those glorified TV series of telenovela.

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Illusioneffect(m): 11:49am On Apr 04, 2020
Baddestguyp:
page.in
You should get most of them there

Also check out The Last Princess
tnks bruv,
anyway can't wait for sexEd s3, hyping for it like crazy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 11:50am On Apr 04, 2020
Ayekotoo:

Count me out of those glorified TV series of telenovela.
racist...u don't watch but criticize just cos it's Spanish...

U can never enjoy art to the fullest if u let racism hold u back
Look at me I enjoy the best from every world...
I have seen media from
US
UK
Korea
Spain
Japan
Germany
Mexico
And so many more
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Illusioneffect(m): 11:51am On Apr 04, 2020
Baddestguyp:
yh most recent Hollywood movies have been so disappointing...I have like almost a 100 on my PC I haven't seen, instead I'm going back and I've been downloading all Christopher Nolan movies to rewatch

I will check out that Once upon a time in Hollywood...Its been on my list for so long...

Also yes Knives Out had my attention and made me think...but I was disappointed in the way it turned out in the end...
It was too predictable...there were subtle hints, that only very few would notice of more twists, but at the end, the movie clearly debunked those twists and theories, and went the safe path of sending a social message ishh...it had the potential but just didn't get there
you should also check Quentin Tarantino's films too and maybe Scorcese
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Ayekotoo(m): 11:51am On Apr 04, 2020
BetWinners:

grin The funniest this year for me has been The Outsider.The show is awful but the praise it receives on this thread always leaves me scratching my head if it is thesame terrible The Outsider I watched this year 2020 or another version
Because that wasn't your genre of series just like me. My best series remains Game of thrones while movie remains Lord of the ring.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Illusioneffect(m): 11:53am On Apr 04, 2020
Baddestguyp:

I have seen media from
US
UK
Korea
Spain
Japan
Germany
Mexico
And so many more

like a prostitute of movies tongue
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by bunmijinmi: 11:54am On Apr 04, 2020
What is happening to o2tvseries.com o can't download kindly give another mobile tvseries sites so I can download pls. Pls help your brother man
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by BetWinners(m): 11:55am On Apr 04, 2020
Ayekotoo:

Because that wasn't your genre of series just like me. My best series remains Game of thrones while movie remains Lord of the ring.
The Outsider should have been on CBS or USA Network
HBO really disappointed

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Illusioneffect(m): 11:55am On Apr 04, 2020
Ayekotoo:

The Outsiders...... seriously? Its was like the directors had a lame excuse to make a series

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Ayekotoo(m): 11:57am On Apr 04, 2020
Baddestguyp:

If u think I my Hollywood can make great series...u need a rethink
I rather watch or see Nollywood than for me to waste my resources seeing those telenovelas.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by BetWinners(m): 11:57am On Apr 04, 2020
Illusioneffect:

you should also check Quentin Tarantino's films too and maybe Scorcese
Try and also watch movies by Alan Pakula,John Carpenter,Brian De Palma and Robert Altman
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Ayekotoo(m): 11:59am On Apr 04, 2020
Baddestguyp:

I have seen media from
US
UK
Korea
Spain
Japan
Germany
Mexico
And so many more
Racist? Because of my choice of genres. You should have added Iraq and Afghanistan.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Ayekotoo(m): 12:02pm On Apr 04, 2020
BetWinners:

The Outsider should have been on CBS or USA Network
HBO really disappointed
Very disappointing.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by hpymoment(f): 12:03pm On Apr 04, 2020
BetWinners:

grin The funniest this year for me has been The Outsider.The show is awful but the praise it receives on this thread always leaves me scratching my head if it is thesame terrible The Outsider I watched this year 2020 or another version

cheesy The Witcher and one other blind series (don't like remembering the name) that made me cry for the first time for wasting my MB.
cry i no go forgive some of una easily angry grin

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 12:04pm On Apr 04, 2020
Ayekotoo:

Racist? Because of my choice of genres. You should have added Iraq and Afghanistan.
do you know Homeland was inspired by an Israeli show titled "Prisoners of War"?
I'm sure you don't know because to you only Hollywood exists and all others are not worth it...
Money Heist is not a telenovela...it's a supense filled action packed series...
If all these media were not good why would Hollywood keep taking inspiration or even make remakes of their movies and series and other art forms
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Ayekotoo(m): 12:05pm On Apr 04, 2020
Rise of Empire :Ottoman is Dope on Netflix.
Genres:, Action, History, Adventure and Mystery
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 12:06pm On Apr 04, 2020
Ayekotoo:

I rather watch or see Nollywood than for me to waste my resources seeing those telenovelas.
keep being racist bro...
Lemme guess...what excuse will u give for avoiding German series or Korean series or Russian series?
When we both know it's pure racism

Telenovela are not Spanish series... different language sef...
I also don't watch telenovela
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 12:06pm On Apr 04, 2020
Illusioneffect:

like a prostitute of movies tongue
yh, just give me plot, I don't care what country the movie or series is made...
That way I get the best from any region and also get a feel of their culture
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by BetWinners(m): 12:08pm On Apr 04, 2020
hpymoment:

cheesy The Witcher and one other blind series (don't like remembering the name) that made me cry for the first time for wasting my MB.
cry i no go forgive some of una easily angry grin
grin grin grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Stegomiah: 12:53pm On Apr 04, 2020
Baddestguyp:
being one of the best Spanish series it will definitely make top 70...
You people act as if only Hollywood produce good stories...

Even in the movie department, there are so many great movies from other countries I've seen this year alone that Hollywood cannot keep me anymore...in fact, the only Hollywood movies worth it right now are their classics...most recent Hollywood movies can't stand their counterparts from other countries in terms of plot...
Most are just superhero, or other parts of their older movies like fast and furious...even the hyped Knives out was a big disappointment

K
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Illusioneffect(m): 12:59pm On Apr 04, 2020
BetWinners:

Try and also watch movies by Alan Pakula,John Carpenter,Brian De Palma and Robert Altman
Yay!! I just watched Alan Pakula's film "to kill a mockingbird" and the "all the president's men" yesterday and Robert Altman's MASH, but the rest never watched any of their films
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ibnlawal(m): 1:03pm On Apr 04, 2020
BetWinners:

The outsider wasn't hyped that much here. Infact, most persons here relegated the show. It's got mixed reaction here
And saying the outsider is awful is incomprehensible. Buh its ur opinion and I respect it.
Fact is THE OUTSIDER is a very good series, not great tho, Buh its way better than THE WITCHER.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Liposure: 1:30pm On Apr 04, 2020
ELEMENTARY S1 10/10
I've always been a huge fan of crime series especially when it involves forensic investigation. Thankfully, I wasn't disapointed. S2 next.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Jollof123: 2:01pm On Apr 04, 2020
Ayekotoo:

Have seen all except Black Sail. Thanks anyway

Download the Black sail and enjoy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by CapedBaldy: 2:24pm On Apr 04, 2020
simonjassy:
Have They released s2?
Don't think so
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 04, 2020
Person go wait another 8 months for season 5? sad

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kehinde2017: 3:03pm On Apr 04, 2020
Money Heist �

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1566) (1567) (1568) (1569) (1570) (1571) (1572) ... (2825) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Hecattee(f), FergieRaww(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.