Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,954 members, 7,817,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (1710) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3520299 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1707) (1708) (1709) (1710) (1711) (1712) (1713) ... (2819) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Davidganna10: 8:50pm On Jul 27, 2020
Snowpicer is actually an interesting series. although, it has this the 100 vibes, but it differs in its captivating fight scenes.

If you are a gory scene maniac like me then, this series is what you need.

The 1001 cars long is a big myth to me. I don't believe that's possible.

There are many unanswered questions and myths they need to clarify and this keeps the viewers glued.

I rate it 7.6/10.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Brukx(m): 8:53pm On Jul 27, 2020
VerifiedStalin:

Why are you in shock

First, Breaking Bad is objectively better.

Second, Breaking Back's tremendous success inspired the concept of Ozark, and it's subsequent creation.
Just didn't expect such a gap.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by VerifiedStalin: 9:14pm On Jul 27, 2020
Brukx:
Just didn't expect such a gap.

Ozark is a great show in it's own right, but practically coasting on Breaking Bad's blueprint. I honestly don't think it's in the same league as Breaking Bad... not yet anyway.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 9:20pm On Jul 27, 2020
Davidganna10:
Snowpicer is actually an interesting series. although, it has this the 100 vibes, but it differs in its captivating fight scenes.

There are many unanswered questions and myths they need to clarify and this keeps the viewers glued.

I rate it 7.6/10.

must one watch the Movie before seeing this?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Buho(m): 9:38pm On Jul 27, 2020
Davidganna10:

I rate it 7.6/10.

which one be .6 again
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Brukx(m): 9:46pm On Jul 27, 2020
I miss Mr Robot. Elliot and his mental issues

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 9:53pm On Jul 27, 2020
Chibudollar:

Would like to know this too... Is the movie even worth watching ❓ should I bother seeing it, especially now that I have seen the series
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Brukx(m): 9:54pm On Jul 27, 2020
VerifiedStalin:

Ozark is a great show in it's own right, but practically coasting on Breaking Bad's blueprint. I honestly don't think it's in the same league as Breaking Bad... not yet anyway.
Though the similarities between both shows I really would vouch for the originality of Ozark as they are not as similar as people say
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Davidganna10: 10:52pm On Jul 27, 2020
Buho:
which one be .6 again
abeg help me comot am if u no like am grin grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Davidganna10: 10:55pm On Jul 27, 2020
Chibudollar:
I have not seen the movie. I don't really care about the movie.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 1:46am On Jul 28, 2020
Episode 11 ➕

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Lana1(m): 1:51am On Jul 28, 2020
nani667:
Episode 11 ➕
Really cool show. But them moving it permanently to CW for season 2 is already giving me hedek! angry
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Palehair: 6:48am On Jul 28, 2020
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Stonecoldstare1: 7:28am On Jul 28, 2020
This is definitely gonna ruffle some feathers

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by VerifiedStalin: 8:12am On Jul 28, 2020
Brukx:

Though the similarities between both shows I really would vouch for the originality of Ozark as they are not as similar as people say

Ozark is not a show with original ideas, but having unoriginal ideas isn't a bad thing. You'd be hard-pressed to find an original idea in a competitive/oversaturated market, consequently, old ideas/tropes are often rehashed.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 28, 2020
jiggaz:
Good morning... This is for the people arguing if a TV series is over hyped or not...

We have to understand that people have different tastes and opinion. A topnotch series to me, might be a trash series to another.

Anytime you see any series here been recommended, first of all, go to YouTube to see the trailer to know if it's your kinda series. Then, if you're not yet sure, then you can download 3 episodes of the series and watch. If you didn't feel it,then it's not your type and you can move on to other ones... That's what i always do and it works for me... Although there are series that are slow burners that gets addictive towards the end of their season 1.

Different strokes for different folks. Everybody must not like the same thing. Variety is the spice of life, so lets respect each others opinion.

This is a very short-sighted perspective.

Quality is objective, and since quality is objective, then taste is also objective.

A pepper is spicy. Salt is salty. Sugar is sugary. Kolanut is bitter. These are all objective takes on food stuffs. No one has ever tasted a salt and say that it's bitter, or sugary.

Likewise, a quality show can be simplified as one with high production values and good script. Objectively, it's a good show.

Thus, dissing a quality show and qualifying it as trash is same as tasting a salt and saying it's bitter.

Ergo, it's wrong to justify bad taste by using the "tastes are subjective" excuse, because, technically, it's false. Taste is objective.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Tolu121: 9:33am On Jul 28, 2020
Tolu121:
Is this series very good?
so nobody fit rate this movie for me
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 9:47am On Jul 28, 2020
Brukx:
GOT really messed up S8, that's why they never overturned BB
Nah! They lost that chance when the quality started dropping from season 5. Breaking Bad never had an off season. And I mean, never.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Tolu121: 11:39am On Jul 28, 2020
All i know is GAME OF THRONES is the best seasonal movie in the history of seasonal movies

While

LORD OF THE RINGS is the best single movie in the history of solo movies..

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 4:11pm On Jul 28, 2020
Tolu121:
so nobody fit rate this movie for me

Maybe na just me o. Its just there sha.

I couldn't even finish the first season.

It still had 'Nazis in America' vibes, I just finished watching 'Hunters' on the same issue, so seeing it here also, the thing just tire me.

You can try first two episodes and see how it is before you continue.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 4:13pm On Jul 28, 2020
See eh, abeg this Dark season 3 go rest small. Cos eh, my head is turnioniown.

Abeg I need light series, no brain racking, no CW shows please.

Cos omo men...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 4:14pm On Jul 28, 2020
Chibudollar:

Nah, it's not compulsory. The series is not a continuation of the movie, just a wider adaptation of the movie.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 4:16pm On Jul 28, 2020
Davidganna10:

I rate it 7.6/10.

Why not?

If there are just two trains, why not?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 4:18pm On Jul 28, 2020
OneKinGuy:
So I just finished Dark and boy it's best thing I have seen on screen. The acting is superb. The story is on another level. I will definitely watch this again. maybe after 33 years grin

The only actor I don't like is the Jonas from the future. All his scenes dey annoy me.

But the rest are just wonderful.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dubylhover(m): 4:20pm On Jul 28, 2020
Achilles100:
See eh, abeg this Dark season 3 go rest small. Cos eh, my head is turnioniown.

Abeg I need light series, no brain racking, no CW shows please.

Cos omo men...

Baba,I watch dark one episode per day oo..and its not like I watch it straight..
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Tolu121: 4:24pm On Jul 28, 2020
Achilles100:

Maybe na just me o. Its just there sha.

I couldn't even finish the first season.

It still had 'Nazis in America' vibes, I just finished watching 'Hunters' on the same issue, so seeing it here also, the thing just tire me.

You can try first two episodes and see how it is before you continue.
alright
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 4:26pm On Jul 28, 2020
Tolu121:
All i know is GAME OF THRONES is the best seasonal movie in the history of seasonal movies

While

LORD OF THE RINGS is the best single movie in the history of solo movies..
Well, you did say "All you know".

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 4:27pm On Jul 28, 2020
dubylhover:

Baba,I watch dark one episode per day oo..and its not like I watch it straight..

grin grin

Bruhh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 4:27pm On Jul 28, 2020
No hot shows on the block right now.

Everywhere just dry
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by hellohgy(m): 4:43pm On Jul 28, 2020
Vexatious:

This is a very short-sighted perspective.

Quality is objective, and since quality is objective, then taste is also objective.

A pepper is spicy. Salt is salty. Sugar is sugary. Kolanut is bitter. These are all objective takes on food stuffs. No one has ever tasted a salt and say that it's bitter, or sugary.

Likewise, a quality show can be simplified as one with high production values and good script. Objectively, it's a good show.

Thus, dissing a quality show and qualifying it as trash is same as tasting a salt and saying it's bitter.

Ergo, it's wrong to justify bad taste by using the "tastes are subjective" excuse, because, technically, it's false. Taste is objective.

There is no such thing as an objectively good or bad movie, Movies are meant to give us an experience and because we all have different tastes and opinions, we'll each have different experiences with the same film (Some positive, some negative).

Some people like to make fun of people who dislike a film that's beloved or considered a classic or love a movie that is divisive or wildly hated. This is ridiculous. Because all film is subjective, we'll all have several films where we disagree with the general consensus.

I have people that dont like watching ANIMES....they just dont understand it....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by hellohgy(m): 4:47pm On Jul 28, 2020
Achilles100:
No hot shows on the block right now.

Everywhere just dry

You fit try THE HEAD
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Tolu121: 4:58pm On Jul 28, 2020
Kaycee7:
Well, you did say "All you know".
kaycee the useless dude

(1) (2) (3) ... (1707) (1708) (1709) (1710) (1711) (1712) (1713) ... (2819) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.