Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,159 members, 7,849,590 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:34 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2227) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3567674 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2224) (2225) (2226) (2227) (2228) (2229) (2230) ... (2831) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:53pm On May 07, 2022
The End game: 6.7/10

Watching the role of Elena feels like the movie producer tried to make a female replica of The Professor of Money heist.

I also find Elena's accent weird.

but over all, I appreciate the picture quality of the movie.

I subconsciously feel that male actors are being relegated to the background maybe it's because I'm not used to watching movies with too many women taking the serious roles.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 7:28pm On May 07, 2022
I swear no matter the hype that Blood sister or whatever is getting I am not watching it, with all this hype now if you fall for the pressure and try out Nollywood you will see that it is still below normal movie standards. Maybe Hollywood don spoil me Sha . Lol

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 7:28pm On May 07, 2022
Miracood2:
The End game: 6.7/10

Watching the role of Elena feels like the movie producer tried to make a female replica of The Professor of Money heist.

I also find Elena's accent weird.

but over all, I appreciate the picture quality of the movie.

I subconsciously feel that male actors are being relegated to the background maybe it's because I'm not used to watching movies with too many women taking the serious roles.
so you watch movies
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Hueyreckless0007: 7:56pm On May 07, 2022
Bosch: Legacy is dope cool cool cool cool

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Moneyboyz: 8:05pm On May 07, 2022
I think Halo is getting low ratings because Xbox fans feels it's not as perfect as the cinematic cut scenes and story from the game.
Same way i felt disappointed as an Uncharted game fan when I watched the movie.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:45pm On May 07, 2022
Moneyboyz:
I think Halo is getting low ratings because Xbox fans feels it's not as perfect as the cinematic cut scenes and story from the game.
I think they want something close to the source material...
But the series seems to totally digress...

The problem is they used the HALO name to write any story they want...
The series could have been called something else and would not get hate ...

Anyway I'm enjoying it

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by swiftz(f): 10:08pm On May 07, 2022
I'm yet to see a Korean series that beats Crash landing on you. Honestly. I have searched and searched and searched for something that will give me similar feeling.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by brainhack(m): 10:13pm On May 07, 2022
abduleez1:
Tokyo Vice ....... 8/10
Great series about Japanese Yakuza operations and crimefighting. Great acting, writing and directing. Superb nightlife scenes.
The earlier episodes were superior to the last 3 but still kept its overall quality.
Waited for this series over a year and I wasn't disappointed.

Great watch. Even though I was mostly working while watching it, conversations proved to be entertaining.

Moneyboyz:

@Bolded I am in a xbox gaming group, we all play Halo Infinite and we like the Tv show. I like to think the terrible ratings are from PS haters lol.

Then again Halo’s current ratings aren’t that bad.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DieRich5: 10:52pm On May 07, 2022
Chibudollar:
I swear no matter the hype that Blood sister or whatever is getting I am not watching it, with all this hype now if you fall for the pressure and try out Nollywood you will see that it is still below normal movie standards. Maybe Hollywood don spoil me Sha . Lol
Twitter people re saying it normal ND some re saying it overhype

Me ain't watching, the Hollywood movie watched ND I love is "The King of boys"
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Illusioneffect(m): 11:08pm On May 07, 2022
I don't like the starting at all. The ending just stared at my face. I just love the cinematography not the story telling
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by chidonez: 12:40am On May 08, 2022
Who dey watch arkane for here?
Is it worth watching?
I heard it’s the best animie series for now
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by RichieMichie: 1:45am On May 08, 2022
Baddestguyp:
Has anyone here finished Pachinko?

How good is it?

It was a boring watch
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 1:55am On May 08, 2022
chidonez:
Who dey watch arkane for here?
Is it worth watching?
I heard it’s the best animie series for now
1. It is NOT an anime

2. It is NOWHERE NEAR the best anime even if it were an anime

3. You might like it...I don't know...I personally found it overhyped af...imo it's TOO SAFE...I generally prefer series that take risks...

NB: 1 and 2 are facts...3 is based on opinion
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by RichieMichie: 1:58am On May 08, 2022
swiftz:
I'm yet to see a Korean series that beats Crash landing on you. Honestly. I have searched and searched and searched for something that will give me similar feeling.

My love from another Star
Descendants of the sun
The king:Eternal Monarch
Fate
It's okay to not be okay
Moon Embracing the sun (literally all Kim Soo Hyun's drama bang)
These are some that I find on same level with crash landing on you

And there's fvcking Empress Ki
Just check out kdramas with over 9.0 ratings

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 2:14am On May 08, 2022
I posted this on the movie thread in response to someone's question...but I decided to copy and paste this here since the topic usually comes here too

Superheroes don't kill because of several reasons....I'll give you my opinion:

1. It's very easy to cross the line...the line that separates a hero from a villain...what separates the hero from the villain if they kill?

Watch DEATH NOTE (an anime) just 37 episodes and you'll totally get what I'm saying...if you're interested let me know I'll give you link

2. They become judge, jury and executioner... There is a reason courts and prisons exist... everyone deserves a trial and not a single person catching and executing them on the spot

3. They are HYPOCRITES.
It may seem like I'm contradicting myself but I'm not...
The truth is that "A person who isn't ready to sacrifice himself/ become the devil cannot change anything"
All they have is worthless noble ideals
For them to actually change anything they must be ready to walk on the rope/line...even if there is a risk of crossing it to the other side...
They must stain themselves with blood

Number 3 is why I'm not really a fan of superhero movies / series

Honestly you should watch DEATH NOTE anime...about someone who got a notebook of death and chose to eliminate criminals and evil people from the world to make the world a better place...you will understand how easily the line can be crossed

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 2:15am On May 08, 2022
RichieMichie:

Descendants of the sun
Fate
It's okay to not be okay

Empress Ki is one of the best Korean series till date...
I watched it years ago and I can confirm

It's an example of a well written female lead...

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Percival9(m): 6:59am On May 08, 2022
RichieMichie:

Descendants of the sun
Fate
It's okay to not be okay

Empress ki is on another level
I will not forget SUNGYANG

She live with 2 identities man and woman

Goddd i miss that series

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Silentgroper(m): 12:13pm On May 08, 2022
Atlanta s3 ep6..

is a very interesting watch.. But i'm really curious if darius is actually nigerian for real.. Featured teni, tiwa nd one genevieve movie like.. Arguement on naija jollof and ghana jollof was also featured. I just dey laugh..
The way these people famz naija lately is surprising o
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 12:45pm On May 08, 2022
Episode 21 ✅

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by swiftz(f): 1:14pm On May 08, 2022
RichieMichie:

Descendants of the sun
Fate
It's okay to not be okay

OK. Thanks.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by newguy1(m): 2:07pm On May 08, 2022
Baddestguyp:
I've been hearing about this show since morning...
Some people on my WhatsApp keep talking about it on their status...

I think I'll check it out today
nonsense series headless and tailless let me give u one spoiler kemi have Igbo parent and yoruba grandmother and the movie didn’t explain. On every scene fuckup dey the only good things about the series is it on Netflix and the camera is good but the real point which is storyline is poor n just don’t use ur movie standard to watch
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 3:22pm On May 08, 2022
Spy x Family

Episode 5!!!

Ele..le...le..le..le..le... grin grin grin grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 3:23pm On May 08, 2022
newguy1:
nonsense series headless and tailless let me give u one spoiler kemi have Igbo parent and yoruba grandmother and the movie didn’t explain. On every scene fuckup dey the only good things about the series is it on Netflix and the camera is good but the real point which is storyline is poor n just don’t use ur movie standard to watch
that was her friend's parents I think

Sarah is the bride who's parents are Ibo
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 3:25pm On May 08, 2022
Achilles100:
Spy x Family

Episode 5!!!

Ele..le...le..le..le..le... grin grin grin grin
I didn't expect that fight...
Yor Sabi fight oh...see kicks
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 4:00pm On May 08, 2022
Blood Sisters....

By Nollywood standards...6/10
By general standards 5.5/10

Their action scenes weren't bad tbh considering the budget...they used the shaky camera + many cuts style
The story had quite a number of plotholes and characters making stupid decisions...
The acting was also average to mediocre e.g the professional assassin and even bodyguard/thug didn't convince me at all...
They just packed so many stars, even many unnecessary scenes like showing off Ramson Noah's cool car so many times from different angles...we had stars having unnecessary cameos too

The plot in itself wasn't bad, wasn't too good either, the script was what had the most problems...
Scenes that should be prolonged were cut randomly with conversations left hanging, while wasting time on unnecessary scenes that add nothing...
The ending was open-ended

For those criticizing it or avoiding it cos it's Nollywood...
At least it has BETTER PLOT than some overhyped and useless Hollywood series e.g SCORPION, THE BLACKLIST, etc which have no direction or plot but just bigger budget and more experienced actors...
Yes I said it

That is why I gave it 5.5...at least they did better than some average 5/10 lazy Hollywood cash grab series

oh and how did I forget the constant FAN-SERVICE ... I enjoyed the shower scenes and nice breasts...
They may or may not have influenced my ratings
wink wink grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 4:58pm On May 08, 2022
Baddestguyp:
I didn't expect that fight...
Yor Sabi fight oh...see kicks

I never watch am o, I just download am. When I reach house.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 5:11pm On May 08, 2022
Tehran season 2 episode 2 still 10/10.
Season 2 of terhan going fine as expected.
Now we await season 3.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 6:48pm On May 08, 2022
Hold uppp, so no season 5 of Ozark it ended there. Wow they did get out alive after all. GOAT SERIES

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 7:00pm On May 08, 2022
Not one kissing scene in Ozark season 4 not to talk of sex scene. This shows you can actually make an interesting show without the whole fuking left and right

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 7:38pm On May 08, 2022
Chibudollar:
Not one kissing scene in Ozark season 4 not to talk of sex scene. This shows you can actually make an interesting show without the whole fuking left and right
But whoever said you couldn't?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 7:53pm On May 08, 2022
Kaycee7:
But whoever said you couldn't?

Na that one dem never fit answer. grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by swiftz(f): 9:25pm On May 08, 2022
Chibudollar:

Was this up for debate before now?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2224) (2225) (2226) (2227) (2228) (2229) (2230) ... (2831) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.