Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,250 members, 7,829,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2306) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3539870 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2303) (2304) (2305) (2306) (2307) (2308) (2309) ... (2825) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:59am On Jun 29, 2022
ChristoBam:

A woman that you've gotten everything from. Both weapons and her back up insurance. That'll be on the run if she leaves there alive. Both from the Americans and the Russians. Is supposed to be a threat?

I do agree he seemed to be crossing the line in season 8...
But he's always been at the edge of the line...so that's to be expected for someone who towers the line...

So you don't like season 8 just cos of that alone?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ChristoBam: 9:08am On Jun 29, 2022
Baddestguyp:
But he's always been at the edge of the line...so that's to be expected for someone who towers the line...

Don't get me wrong I like it. I've always considered 24 as one of my three GOAT shows but I've somehow avoided the last 2 season cuz I feared it'll spoil my feelings about the show. Till today, I only watched prison break one and two.

But that and the president acting out of character made me not enjoy it like I'd have.

The president went from not wanting to meet with Logan to making one Napoleon quote sway her decisions. She's been smart and upright up till that point.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 9:20am On Jun 29, 2022
ChristoBam:

After an apparent surrender of everything, no business with her anymore. Apparently cold blooded executions are things heroes at the tope of their game can do.
What exactly is "hero at the top of their game" and how does it apply to Jack in S8?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Datrava(m): 9:24am On Jun 29, 2022
20-25 ACRES OF LAND IS NEEDED IN PORT HARCOURT RIVERS STATE.

The above size of land is needed for purchase by a reputable real estate company for development.

See details below �

Conditions for the land
1. C. Of. O.
2. On the road.
3. Close to development or major development indices.
4. 20-25acres minimum
5. Dry land

Send the documents and location, with any relevant visual

Call/WhatsApp: 0703-019-7525.

Kaycee7:
What exactly is "hero at the top of their game" and how does it apply to Jack in S8?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:39am On Jun 29, 2022
ChristoBam:

Don't get me wrong I like it. I've always considered 24 as one of my three GOAT shows but I've somehow avoided the last 2 season cuz I feared it'll spoil my feelings about the show. Till today, I only watched prison break one and two.

But that and the president acting out of character made me not enjoy it like I'd have.

The president went from not wanting to meet with Logan to making one Napoleon quote sway her decisions. She's been smart and upright up till that point.
finish 24 bro

It's one of my goated series

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ChristoBam: 9:47am On Jun 29, 2022
Baddestguyp:
season 8 and 9 are among the best seasons bro...
Alongside season 3 and 5 I think

So who gave it low ratings? At least from what I watched season 8 was among the best
You know you need to suspend belief a bit to enjoy 24.

But randomly planning to assassinate the Russian president is really wild.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by AmVista: 9:51am On Jun 29, 2022
Baddestguyp:

pls whats the name of this 3 series I put an arrow to ?

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ChristoBam: 9:57am On Jun 29, 2022
Kaycee7:
Still watching the show, but Jack is about to assassinate the president of Russia and you're asking me this question.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:58am On Jun 29, 2022
AmVista:
3rd one is Pachinko...
I don't know the other two

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:59am On Jun 29, 2022
ChristoBam:

Still watching the show, but Jack is about to assassinate the president of Russia and you're asking me this question.
calm down and enjoy the series...
No one said it's 100% realistic...
It's fiction
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:59am On Jun 29, 2022
ChristoBam:

You know you need to suspend belief a bit to enjoy 24.

But randomly planning to assassinate the Russian president is really wild.
it's fiction...
So calm down
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by AmVista: 10:00am On Jun 29, 2022
Baddestguyp:
3rd one is Pachinko... I don't know the other two
OK thanks
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ChristoBam: 10:02am On Jun 29, 2022
Baddestguyp:
calm down and enjoy the series...
No one said it's 100% realistic...
It's fiction
You saw the question I replied to. No one says it has to be 100% realistic.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 10:05am On Jun 29, 2022
ChristoBam:

I'm literally trying to understand where you're coming from because your argument is all over the place
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 10:19am On Jun 29, 2022
abduleez1:

Apple TV spending good money on their shows.
This might be what I pick up over that nonsense Foundation.

I wanted to ask few weeks ago why no one was talking about For All Mankind new season.
Man...Apple TV always goes all out for thier shows with big budget and this is one of them, but thier marketing is poor.

The show has solid ratings so i wonder why the low chatter...even the tv series subred you hardly hear mention of the show...i picked it up just cuz of my love for space themed movies or shows and i found out it was an actual top tier decent show.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ChristoBam: 10:19am On Jun 29, 2022
Kaycee7:
I'm literally trying to understand where you're coming from because your argument is all over the place
My arguments has been about writing choice right form my first post. You're the one quoting me with different questions. I'm only replying you.

Like asking me how 'Hero in his prime' is related to Jack in season 8. The one about to openly start a nuclear war because his girlfriend was killed.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by pu7pl3(m): 10:22am On Jun 29, 2022
Kaycee7:
You dey follow person wey no sabi plot dey argue? Say Peaky Blinders is carried by one character and yet Helen Mcrory death shook the fanbase with a lot of people saying they weren't sure they'll continue the new season. You suppose know say the nigga no dey ever sabi wetin him dey talk. His "opinions" about the content he watches mostly depends on the information he's been fed from certain people.

I think you're right...his beloved critical drinker and co.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ChristoBam: 10:26am On Jun 29, 2022
Baddestguyp:
season 8 and 9 are among the best seasons bro...
Alongside season 3 and 5 I think

So who gave it low ratings? At least from what I watched season 8 was among the best
Just checked. It's among the 2 least rated on IMDB, Rotten tomatoes and Ranker. So I guess it's not my tastes just changing.

But seems the season 9 is highly rated. So looking forward to that one.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 10:31am On Jun 29, 2022
pu7pl3:

I think you're right...his beloved critical drinker and co.
smh...
I watch a reviewer doesn't mean I agree with his posts...

Critical Drinker highly rates No Way Home
Also highly rates Arcane

But I gave both series 6.5/10

So how does your point make any sense?

Saying I respect Critical Drinker suddenly means I follow all his opinions? You're just looking for baseless talk

I watch and rate what I want regardless of what others do...stop capping
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 10:36am On Jun 29, 2022
I watch reviewers doesn't mean I copy their opinion...
I agree with some, I highly disagree with some...
I'm always open to listen to people's opinions and see reason with them ...
If I feel they're right, I change...if I feel they're not right I don't...

Imagine making baseless talks when my ratings here have on multiple occasions contradicted what they gave...

I rated Moon Knight -2/10 here and weeks later Drinker also said it was bad ...then I posted it and to you I copied him

Rubbish
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 10:40am On Jun 29, 2022
E.g look at this post I read yesterday

I agree with 90% of this post...but highly disagree with one part which I won't post here as it is a major ending spoiler...

It mostly has to do with Mikasa's lack of character development...which was actually intentional by Isayama the author of AOT...(the reason is a spoiler so I won't say it)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 10:41am On Jun 29, 2022
ChristoBam:

Just checked. It's among the 2 least rated on IMDB, Rotten tomatoes and Ranker. So I guess it's not my tastes just changing.

But seems the season 9 is highly rated. So looking forward to that one.
season 9 has just 12 episodes...

And one thing I appreciate it for is it doesn't feel dragged like some previous seasons that drag it to force the 24 hours thing
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 10:47am On Jun 29, 2022
Baddestguyp:
season 9 has just 12 episodes...

And one thing I appreciate it for is it doesn't feel dragged like some previous seasons that drag it to force the 24 hours thing
The title is literally "24" and the writing of the show was done to encompass this fact...i don't remember any season be dragged to force a 24hours, they executed and sticked a good landing each season.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 10:52am On Jun 29, 2022
oyaskii:
The title is literally "24" and the writing of the show was done to encompass this fact...i don't remember any season be dragged to force a 24hours, they executed and sticked a good landing each season.
I watched 24 years ago...
But season 1 especially felt dragged af...
It wasn't the only season but that's the one I can remember for sure...
His family got kidnapped, escaped/rescued, kidnapped again so many times...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 10:54am On Jun 29, 2022
AmVista:

First one should be "We Own This City".
2nd is "Hacks".
3rd is "PACHINKO".

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 11:09am On Jun 29, 2022
Baddestguyp:
I watched 24 years ago...
But season 1 especially felt dragged af...
It wasn't the only season but that's the one I can remember for sure...
His family got kidnapped, escaped/rescued, kidnapped again so many times...
Giving..S1 was like a "test the water phase" but it wasn't bad and it picked up steam from there.

At bolded...you just described the premise of virtually every counter terrorism show, hostage and kidnapping is like 90% the plot, but good writing and delivery distinguishes the good from the bad..and 24 was solid from start to finish and stellar ratings and 20 emmy wins proves this point.

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by AmVista: 11:11am On Jun 29, 2022
abduleez1:

First one should be "We Own This City". 2nd is "Hacks". 3rd is "PACHINKO".
Thanks bro, appreciate cool

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 11:13am On Jun 29, 2022
oyaskii:
Giving..S1 was like a "test the water phase" but it wasn't bad and it picked up steam from there.

At bolded...you just described the premise of virtually every counter terrorism show, hostage and kidnapping is like 90% the plot, but good writing and delivery distinguishes the good from the bad..and 24 was solid from start to finish and stellar ratings and 20 emmy wins proves this point.
I'm not criticizing 24 bro...
It's one of my favorite series of all time lol...(not based on writing even tho it has great writing)

24 was my favorite of all time until last year
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 11:14am On Jun 29, 2022
Baddestguyp:
I'm not criticizing 24 bro...
It's one of my favorite series of all time lol...(not based on writing even tho it has great writing)

It was my favorite of all time until last year
What happened last year?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 11:17am On Jun 29, 2022
oyaskii:
What happened last year?
AOT season 4 part 1 aired last year obviously
And part 2 aired this year...

24 is now my 2nd...
Mr Robot my 3rd

I'm not counting 24 legacies cos I'll never watch it
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 11:30am On Jun 29, 2022
swiftz:
My Kdrama people.

Ghost doctor: 7.5/10

I'm watching Beautiful World right now and so far it's been good. If you enjoyed Sky Castle, you will love this one. It has some beautiful soundtracks too. Someone here is quite particular about soundtracks.
thanks
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 11:37am On Jun 29, 2022
Baddestguyp:
AOT season 4 part 1 aired last year obviously
And part 2 aired this year...

24 is now my 2nd...
Mr Robot my 3rd

I'm not counting 24 legacies cos I'll never watch it
So AOT, 24 and Mr Robot are your best shows ever? Is a fact?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2303) (2304) (2305) (2306) (2307) (2308) (2309) ... (2825) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Tboy2050

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.