Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2372) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3523874 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2369) (2370) (2371) (2372) (2373) (2374) (2375) ... (2820) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 10:29am On Aug 22, 2022
House of dragon season 1 episode 1 is 10/10 for me.

Something we all have to understand in life is that, realness cannot be faked.
For example, Lionel Messi is great and that cannot be questioned, Micheal Jackson was great and that cannot be questioned.

What i am trying to say is that a great series has no doubters and the house of dragon season 1 episode 1 has shown that yes indeed the series is one of the GOATS since creation.

Everything about this episode 1 just shows greatness and nothing but greatness.
From the casts to the productions to fashion to castles to the arena tournaments ( reminds me of the arena fights in Spartacus) to the throne etc

Watching the episode 1 gives you nostalgic feelings, it gives you goosebumps.
It's like finally getting to see something you have been waiting for many years.
Could you believe as the episode ended when the soundtrack of the series was playing, i was just smiling all through as the soundtrack was playing.

I am very impressed by this episode 1 and i think we will get to see white walkers very soon because the winter the king talked about can't be ordinary winter.

Mehnn!!!!! I can't wait for next episode.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Calibrator: 10:34am On Aug 22, 2022
Stop making noise and calm down to digest.

We already seen the long winter he is referring to in GOT..... This is the prequel!
OhBritannia:

For example, Lionel Messi is great and that cannot be questioned, Micheal Jackson was great and that cannot be questioned.

What i am trying to say is that a great series has no doubters and the house of dragon season 1 episode 1 has shown that yes indeed the series is one of the GOATS since creation.

From the casts to the productions to fashion to castles to the arena tournaments ( reminds me of the arena fights in Spartacus) to the throne etc

It's like finally getting to see something you have been waiting for many years.
Could you believe as the episode ended when the soundtrack of the series was playing, i was just smiling all through as the soundtrack was playing.

I am very impressed by this episode 1 and i think we will get to see white walkers very soon because the winter the king talked about can't be ordinary winter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 10:35am On Aug 22, 2022
Westworld season 4 is 7/10 for me
Though this season isn't bad but i don't think they can create again what they did in season 1 and 2.

Well the ending of the season 4 shows they are returning back to the old park in season 1 in the desert.

Well i guess they have learnt their lessons and i hope season 5 will be as good as season 1.
They should never have made the park a City.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 10:36am On Aug 22, 2022
Calibrator:
Stop making noise and calm down to digest.

We already seen the long winter he is referring to in GOT..... This is the prequel!
I don't understand you bro.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Calibrator: 10:38am On Aug 22, 2022
HOTD precedes the events in GOT
OhBritannia:
I don't understand you bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 10:41am On Aug 22, 2022
By the way south Korea has been dropping some badass series recently, i don't even know which one to download and watch.
I am lost for choice because south Korea didn't come to play especially this August.
They brought guns to a fight of knives grin

But i will like to settle for Attorney woo and since it's a legal drama, one of my favorites genres.
Let me see some court drama again.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 10:42am On Aug 22, 2022
Calibrator:
HOTD precedes the events in GOT
Yeah you are right.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by jmanity: 10:49am On Aug 22, 2022
Who is subscribed to showmax here? what are the best hollywood series on showmax, I have seen "Barry" & "White lotus" and they were both great shows.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 10:50am On Aug 22, 2022
P valley season 2 is 7/10 for me.
Not bad but i wasn't too impressed at how it ended.
I don't know why they are forcing Uncle Clifford's relationship with his gayy partner on us.

Other characters had so much stories to tell, they should explore that and stop forcing this uncle Clifford's relationship on our throat.
Series has so much potentials except the forcing of woke culture on us.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 11:01am On Aug 22, 2022
Lol

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Iamyemmie: 11:14am On Aug 22, 2022
Alchemy of souls left me shocked
Can’t wait for the next episode
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 11:44am On Aug 22, 2022
The After Party.

All this time I've been ignoring Apple TV shows. So far, they haven't disappointed me.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by meobizy(f): 12:23pm On Aug 22, 2022
1. DStv shows House Of The Dragon on premiere night, meaning we can watch it at the same time as US audiences.

2. DStv subscription is affordable for most Nigerians with jobs. How much is a TV, decoder and dish that 50k per month earners can’t save toward?

3. With HD TVs being the standard nowadays, anybody can enjoy the series in full 1080i resolution (broadcast standard).

So…

Why in heaven’s name do Nairalanders opt to download the show illegally? Them swear for una? That one is too frugal to him or herself to watch a groundbreaking show live or just a few hours later means I shouldn’t post spoilers here? You children must be jokers.

Wait first let me watch the first episode in a few hours. You people’s poverty mentality is the least of my worries in life. Haba, you should have shame for once in your lives.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 1:01pm On Aug 22, 2022
OhBritannia:

There is really no winter in this era asides of grueling Targaryen civil war.
They're just mentioning events that happened long time ago and some they learned from the books.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 1:03pm On Aug 22, 2022
BeLookingIDIOT:
Lol

The man na goat. I just dey look am. grin grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 1:03pm On Aug 22, 2022
Battlefield acknowledged.... cool

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 1:09pm On Aug 22, 2022
House of The Dragon......9.5/10

Absolute brilliance in the first episode. One hour of prime entertainment as well as gritty portrayal. Everyone came with their A-game. I thought I wouldn't really like the young Rhaenyra actress, but I was pleasantly surprised.
The Dragons seems to be given more depth and nice colouring as well.

Minus .5 for HBO continuing their culture of giving main female characters with tiny breasts screen time. Na the big titties or moderately sized suppose dey get all this fame. Why give us all that nudity if it is subpar. angry undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 1:12pm On Aug 22, 2022
Lol, HBOMax already crashing worldwide.

I no first talk am say na noise ppl dey make. When show premieres everyone will come enmasse and camp themselves to different Houses. grin

HBOMax would probably add 10mn subs or more in last quarter this year. cheesy

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 1:26pm On Aug 22, 2022
Great reaction to HOTD's massive engagement. Brilliant marketing to me. The battle line is drawn and everyone anticipates who comes out tops.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 1:56pm On Aug 22, 2022
meobizy:
1. DStv shows House Of Dragons on premiere night, meaning we can watch it at the same time as US audiences.

2. DStv subscription is affordable for most Nigerians with jobs. How much is a TV, decoder and dish that 50k per month earners can’t save toward?

3. With HD TVs being the standard nowadays, anybody can enjoy the series in full 1080i resolution (broadcast standard).

So…

Why in heaven’s name do Nairalanders opt to download the show illegally? Them swear for una? That one is too frugal to him or herself to watch a groundbreaking show live or just a few hours later means I shouldn’t post spoilers here? You children must be jokers.

Wait first let me watch the first episode in a few hours. You people’s poverty mentality is the least of my worries in life. Haba, you should have shame for once in your lives.
you're just an attention seeker

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by TheCreatorVerse: 1:57pm On Aug 22, 2022
abduleez1:

I no first talk am say na noise ppl dey make. When show premieres everyone will come enmasse and camp themselves to different Houses. grin

Guy forget, game of thrones season 8 really injure us, but like they say, time heal all wounds.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 2:04pm On Aug 22, 2022
abduleez1:

I hold same views. cool grin

Both shows could benefit from being in competition with each other, especially LOTR. People might flock in on the other to make comparisons.
Exactly plus LOTR is well versed fantasy universe and anything connected to it is bound to have huge following and views.

My fear is Amazon taking on this ambitious project. It's not just to spend money, Everything has to be right so as not to stain Peter Jackson's white.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 2:08pm On Aug 22, 2022
cao:
The After Party.

All this time I've been ignoring Apple TV shows. So far, they haven't disappointed me.
Apple TV have some solid titles and they deserve looking into.

I particularly enjoyed these titles from them "Severance", "Trying", "Physical", "Dickinson" , "For all Mankind" and "Home before Dark".
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by TheCreatorVerse: 2:13pm On Aug 22, 2022
I want to start spoiling House Of the Dragon, you people should hurry up.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 2:20pm On Aug 22, 2022
meobizy:
1. DStv shows House Of Dragons on premiere night, meaning we can watch it at the same time as US audiences.

So…

Who do you think makes this "said illegal" shows available for Nigerians to download??

Not particularly making a case for illegal or piracy but you are speaking like a person devoid of any atom of knowledge of the realities on ground.

HOTD primetime is available only on Mnet channel 101 which is only available on Dstv premium which cost 21k per month!...Now if the average Nigerian home has 21k to spend on Dstv sub monthly alone, then Nigeria wouldn't be a bottom barrel third world country and the poverty capital of the world with 90% of it's population living under $2 per day in abject bone crushing poverty.

And lemme leave you with this Kanye west leaked a screenshot of him trying to get an album off pirate bay one time and i remember a time when Neymar was watching an illegal stream of PSG's game on his laptop...so illegal download or piracy is not a Nigerian thing or a class thing.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by TheCreatorVerse: 2:44pm On Aug 22, 2022
oyaskii:
Who do you think makes this "said illegal" shows available for Nigerians to download??

Not particularly making a case for illegal or piracy but you are speaking like a person devoid of any atom of knowledge of the realities on ground.

HOTD primetime is available only on Mnet channel 101 which is only available on Dstv premium which cost 21k per month!...Now if the average Nigerian home has 21k to spend on Dstv sub monthly alone, then Nigeria wouldn't be a bottom barrel third world country and the poverty capital of the world with 90% of it's population living under $2 per day in abject bone crushing poverty.

And lemme leave you with this Kanye west leaked a screenshot of him trying to get an album off pirate bay one time and i remember a time when Neymar was watching an illegal stream of PSG's game on this laptop...so illegal download or piracy is not a Nigerian thing or a class thing.
That guy is not intelligent, may God help him.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by RayMcBlue(m): 2:45pm On Aug 22, 2022
abduleez1:

Tried to stream it on Crave. Wouldn't even load. Had to choose the pirates life instead.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by RayMcBlue(m): 2:52pm On Aug 22, 2022
meobizy:

So…

Room temperature IQ post...

oyaskii:

And lemme leave you with this Kanye west leaked a screenshot of him trying to get an album off pirate bay one time and i remember a time when Neymar was watching an illegal stream of PSG's game on this laptop...so illegal download or piracy is not a Nigerian thing or a class thing.

Intelligent rebuttal. Bravo man, you know what's up. Even a DSTV explora using motherf*ucker like me sails the high seas occasionally.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 22, 2022
OhBritannia:
P valley season 2 is 7/10 for me.
Not bad but i wasn't too impressed at how it ended.
I don't know why they are forcing Uncle Clifford's relationship with his gayy partner on us.

Other characters had so much stories to tell, they should explore that and stop forcing this uncle Clifford's relationship on our throat.
Series has so much potentials except the forcing of woke culture on us.

I don't know if we watched the same P-VALLEY but uncle Clifford's relationship isn't actually obstructing the flow of the show in fact uncle Clifford happens happens to be the only way character I seem not to hate.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WHITELIGHTER: 3:07pm On Aug 22, 2022
oyaskii:

I have set a reminder. Didn't know DSTV was going to show it in real time

(1) (2) (3) ... (2369) (2370) (2371) (2372) (2373) (2374) (2375) ... (2820) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.