Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,596 members, 7,820,140 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2386) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3526931 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2383) (2384) (2385) (2386) (2387) (2388) (2389) ... (2820) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Jarchi(m): 7:57pm On Aug 31, 2022
Jarchi:

° Brodaman, HOTD comparison is beautiful until you rate it bad, asin bad bad. Make una dey calm down small small. Don't judge a book by its cover, watch film for entertainment, you ain't in theater art class and if you are, you can pass . I know say una chop breakfast for GOT, but expectations be REAL abeg °
***Jarchi***

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nathdim: 8:04pm On Aug 31, 2022

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Classickj(m): 8:23pm On Aug 31, 2022
bisan20:
SEE....Season 3 is giving me joy

i love the battle scene of season 2 and with what am seeing in season 3, it will be a boom
I love that bombing scene for S3 e1
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 8:46pm On Aug 31, 2022
See.

I really need that woman to die a terrible death. I don't want any bloody redemption, she must die. Like seriously, if by the end of the series she's not dead, eh...

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by hersarhn: 9:35pm On Aug 31, 2022
Three movies I watched due to extreme hyping.
THE SANDMAN
ALCHEMY OF SOULS
HOTD
MY OPINION-The sandman and alchemy of souls were worth the hype but HOTD, i don't know why but I don't think it's worth the 10/10 rating almst everyone has been shouting.
HOTD fans please don't come for me
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GRIMMJOE(m): 9:38pm On Aug 31, 2022
Kaycee7:
A Google search really isn't hard.

What did Toph struggle with in her first 5 episodes?
Simple question, you can not answer. please don't mention me again.

And Mynd44, get the anti spam bot off my back, before I move to reddit permanently.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GRIMMJOE(m): 9:40pm On Aug 31, 2022
DontBullshitMe:
HOTD.

Plot is moving too too fast. I don't know why they decide to hurriedly advance the plot as fast as possible. I want them to slow down and allow the viewers enough chance to know the characters deeply before they start taking the story to the next level.

There is also the lack of quality conversations. All those word sparring we saw in GOT, I haven't seen any here. Take for example the exchange below in GOT season 1, episode 1 :

Ned Stark : What a nice armour, not even a scratch on it.

Jaime Lannister : My opponents have been swinging at me for years, they always seem to miss.

Ned Stark : You have been choosing your opponents very wisely then.

Jaime Lannister : I have a knack for it.

Look at the veiled jabs and counter jabs in this conversation not to mention the numerous exchanges between Little finger and the eunuch (Varys). This is exactly what I expect from HOTD and somehow, they are letting me down. They are making the scenes too short and conversations too watery. Spice things up FFS! You have a very good story, tell it comprehensively!

The only reason I'm giving them a pass is because I have read the source material Fire and Blood and I see that the narration is not as extensive and exhaustive like A song of Ice and Fire but that is not enough excuse since George RR Martin is a core member of the production team. I expect more.
You have a point, but it's too early to say, this is GRR Martin's we're talking about.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GRIMMJOE(m): 9:44pm On Aug 31, 2022
nathdim:
Count down to one of the most expensive series ever
Am I the only one not hyped for the new lord of the rings.

After watching Game of thrones every other fantasy looks like play play.

Lord of the Rings is for children, Game of Thrones is for Men.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by soap94: 9:49pm On Aug 31, 2022
Really like this thread consider number of good movies and tv-shows shared here. My recent fav movie is "The boy". It's getting even more interesting after going through deep analysis and comments from 3rd parties which you can read here https://lotofsense.com/films/meaning-of-movie-the-boy-plot-and-ending-explained/
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Jarchi(m): 10:16pm On Aug 31, 2022
GRIMMJOE:

I tell you, I'm eager to know how they intend to attract the attention of older age group.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 10:20pm On Aug 31, 2022
I'll pass.

Lord Of The Woke: The "Power" Of Galadriel

❌❌❌

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 10:32pm On Aug 31, 2022
WriterNig:
I'll pass.

Lord Of The Woke: The "Power" Of Galadriel

❌❌❌
calm down and wait for release...

Same critics rubbished Terminal List

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 11:03pm On Aug 31, 2022
GRIMMJOE:

And Mynd44, get the anti spam bot off my back, before I move to reddit permanently.
Can't really fault for me for not entertaining a pathetic attempt at a strawman.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nathdim: 11:08pm On Aug 31, 2022
GRIMMJOE:

can't say till we watch the first two chapters but I still feel LOTR would still come out at the top
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GRIMMJOE(m): 11:38pm On Aug 31, 2022
Kaycee7:
Can't really fault for me for not entertaining a pathetic attempt at a strawman.
Lalasticlala help I'm being bullied.

Rule 2: Don't abuse, bully, Nairaland members
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GRIMMJOE(m): 11:51pm On Aug 31, 2022
Jarchi:

I tell you, I'm eager to know how they intend to attract the attention of older age group.
They don't, the younger demographic makes up a large portion of box office return.

And in Hollywood, it's all about the Benjamin, so expect a lot of woke, forced jokes,and fat female soldiers running around with their pot bellies.

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Iamyemmie: 6:04am On Sep 01, 2022
GRIMMJOE:

This thing making me remember lege and the gugurit guy on Instagram grin grin grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Brukx(m): 6:16am On Sep 01, 2022
Havertz10:
let’s be honest, we have already gotten nearly a decade of that theme, it’s something new we expected, maybe many more dragons, or if there are few, more creativity into the looks of the dragons at least, those things were a joke abeg, I had to look away most times instead of admiring them, the plot was a mess of exposition, we already know how this story ends, and like GRRM said it was truly bittersweet, it’s not a world their target audience would be comfortable revisiting and the effort they put into this show was poor, it wouldn’t survive 3 seasons.
a show that has been renewed for season 2 and the first 2 episodes have very decent ratings. So what exactly are you talking about?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nkiliuzo(m): 7:02am On Sep 01, 2022
GRIMMJOE:

Lord of the rings part 1,2 and 3 also with hobbit trilogy far surpasses the 8 seasons of GOT even George r.r martin cites Tolkien as a huge inspiration, Tolkien literally invented the fantasy genre, Shey na because of fvck and needless killing that makes GOT for men?

5 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 8:24am On Sep 01, 2022
nkiliuzo:
Lord of the rings part 1,2 and 3 also with hobbit trilogy far surpasses the 8 seasons of GOT even George r.r martin cites Tolkien as a huge inspiration, Tolkien literally invented the fantasy genre, Shey na because of fvck and needless killing that makes GOT for men?
Say them dey hail Tolkien as the " father of modern fantasy literature" no mean say him invent the fantasy genre abeg. There were fantasy novels written before Tolkien was even born. Make una dey calm down sometimes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GloriousGbola: 8:28am On Sep 01, 2022
Kaycee7:
Say them dey hail Tolkien as the " father of modern fantasy literature" no mean say him invent the fantasy genre abeg. There were fantasy novels written before Tolkien was even born. Make una dey calm down sometimes.

the difference between the man who actually reads books and the man who talks about books

let any of these poser tolkien stans tell us who Tom Bombadil is grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Iamyemmie: 9:12am On Sep 01, 2022
Hotd people should leave us alone o
Kilode
They be coming for everyone that says bad about it
Is you that sub for us? grin grin

See is better
Even last kingdom beat am
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Iamyemmie: 9:14am On Sep 01, 2022
Someone should recommend nice shows for me abeg
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by MJBOLT: 10:14am On Sep 01, 2022
the problem with many of you on this thread is that you talk too much, probably because you're seeking attention or want to feel among meanwhile Lord of The Rings is the most awarded film trilogy of all time and is considered one of the greatest films ever released undecided

GRIMMJOE:

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Moneyboyz: 10:21am On Sep 01, 2022
GRIMMJOE:

Amazon does not play around, I think HBO got their hands full to have dished out this rubbish.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GRIMMJOE(m): 10:38am On Sep 01, 2022
MJBOLT:
the problem with many of you on this thread is that you talk too much, probably because you're seeking attention or want to feel among meanwhile Lord of The Rings is the most awarded film trilogy of all time and is considered one of the greatest films ever released undecided

Call my name if you know say you no dey fear.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by AnfieldFan: 10:40am On Sep 01, 2022
He will stay on as Executive producer while Alan Taylor directs....

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Zoroaster: 12:23pm On Sep 01, 2022
abduleez1:
House of The Dragon......9.5/10

Absolute brilliance in the first episode. One hour of prime entertainment as well as gritty portrayal. Everyone came with their A-game. I thought I wouldn't really like the young Rhaenyra actress, but I was pleasantly surprised.
The Dragons seems to be given more depth and nice colouring as well.

[b]Minus .5 for HBO continuing their culture of giving main female characters with tiny breasts screen time. [/b]Na the big titties or moderately sized suppose dey get all this fame. Why give us all that nudity if it is subpar. angry undecided
This was so funny man cheesy grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Zoroaster: 12:23pm On Sep 01, 2022
abduleez1:
House of The Dragon......9.5/10

Absolute brilliance in the first episode. One hour of prime entertainment as well as gritty portrayal. Everyone came with their A-game. I thought I wouldn't really like the young Rhaenyra actress, but I was pleasantly surprised.
The Dragons seems to be given more depth and nice colouring as well.

[b]Minus .5 for HBO continuing their culture of giving main female characters with tiny breasts screen time. [/b]Na the big titties or moderately sized suppose dey get all this fame. Why give us all that nudity if it is subpar. angry undecided
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nkiliuzo(m): 1:16pm On Sep 01, 2022
Kaycee7:
no one went into the lore as much as Tolkien, although creatures in Lord of rings existed in other folklore, Tolkien gave them a whole meaning, examples would be like elves, he practically created Elvish language that so many fantasy authors today uses, upgraded their very biology, elves in German folklore are tiny creatures that does useless stuffs, Tolkien made elves to be tall creatures that live millenniums, with good aim shooting arrows, created customs and traditions for them, we still got magic, dark magic, orcs, hobbits, dwarfs, and many other creatures, before Tolkien fantasy was more like folklore and maybe one or two fantasy author, but Tolkien perfected it, even the person that did star wars cites Tolkien also as a huge inspiration and that's science fiction genre.. so baba, lord of the rings is for both kids and men

6 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Dotng: 1:50pm On Sep 01, 2022
Rings of Power

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 2:43pm On Sep 01, 2022
nkiliuzo:
no one went into the lore as much as Tolkien, although creatures in Lord of rings existed in other folklore, Tolkien gave them a whole meaning, examples would be like elves, he practically created Elvish language that so many fantasy authors today uses, upgraded their very biology, elves in German folklore are tiny creatures that does useless stuffs, Tolkien made elves to be tall creatures that live millenniums, with good aim shooting arrows, created customs and traditions for them, we still got magic, dark magic, orcs, hobbits, dwarfs, and many other creatures, before Tolkien fantasy was more like folklore and maybe one or two fantasy author, but Tolkien perfected it, even the person that did star wars cites Tolkien also as a huge inspiration and that's science fiction genre.. so baba, lord of the rings is for both kids and men
That's cool and all but he still didn't invent the fantasy genre. Let's be clear on that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2383) (2384) (2385) (2386) (2387) (2388) (2389) ... (2820) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Fabulous0019(m), dannytoe(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.