Stats: 3,153,442 members, 7,819,633 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2389) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3525452 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2386) (2387) (2388) (2389) (2390) (2391) (2392) ... (2820) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by pu7pl3(m): 6:06am On Sep 02, 2022
Kaycee7:
Wasn't even trying to be vawulent. Folks just dey cap careless

No dey defend that she Hulk sha, channel your energy elsewhere...
The show is trash and I fear for what they'll do with daredevil now.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by pu7pl3(m): 6:07am On Sep 02, 2022
GRIMMJOE:
He shameless can't accept rejection, tell him his favorite series sucks hulk green balls, and watch how restless he becomes.

Is that why you been calling the mods and trying to defame him?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 6:27am On Sep 02, 2022
pu7pl3:

No dey defend that she Hulk sha, channel your energy elsewhere...
The show is trash and I fear for what they'll do with daredevil now.
Show's just 3 episodes and is, at least, the same quality as other Disney+ MCU shows like Hawkeye. If I see cap, I'll always call it out. Like the dude who's claiming the show is a flop but can't back it up.

Anyways, I highly doubt Disney will match the awesomeness of Netflix's Daredevil. Lemme sha see how they handle him in She-Hulk. His appearance in NWH was pretty good for how short it was
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Iamyemmie: 6:48am On Sep 02, 2022
Kaycee7:
Show's just 3 episodes and is, at least, the same quality as other Disney+ MCU shows like Hawkeye. If I see cap, I'll always call it out. Like the dude who's claiming the show is a flop but can't back it up.

Anyways, I highly doubt Disney will match the awesomeness of Netflix's Daredevil. Lemme sha see how they handle him in She-Hulk. His appearance in NWH was pretty good for how short it was
I enjoy she hulk
How is it different from That comedy like super hero show
What’s the name sef
That show with the aliens entering their nose and ears

Don’t mind this people
I have downloaded episode 3 sef
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nkiliuzo(m): 6:53am On Sep 02, 2022
just watched rings of power, even I say HOtD over rings of power, the way they are speaking sef is annoying, not like the sophistication of HOtD!

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 6:53am On Sep 02, 2022
pu7pl3:

Na you suppose dey save energy sef. No dey engage mentally ill people abeg.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Yujiz(m): 6:57am On Sep 02, 2022
Can som1 help wt she-hulk episode3 download link?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Fro5t: 7:17am On Sep 02, 2022
Yujiz:
Can som1 help wt she-hulk episode3 download link?
check tfpdl

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by felixnkubi: 8:05am On Sep 02, 2022
nkiliuzo:
just watched rings of power, even I say HOtD over rings of power, the way they are speaking sef is annoying, not like the sophistication of HOtD!
Lol, the show is basically copy and paste of Lord of the rings, only that it's now more female centric and lots of black faces (which I ain't mad about tho), we got female frodo and samwise with their gandalf the stranger( like we ain't stupid Amazon! of course we know that's gandalf), then theirs female aragorn also known as galadriel, also another forbidden romance between elve and a human, I keep looking for the reason why $60 million was spent for one episode, cos the CGI ain't doing it for me, the fight scenes are meh! look at the way galadriel fought that monster, happened so fast! like show the money worth this episode na! critics seem to love the show tho, so maybe na me no sabi better thing, abeg I will stick to my GOT prequel show... I will watch rings of power when it's all out..

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by pu7pl3(m): 10:09am On Sep 02, 2022
Kaycee7:

Omo to me this one is worse than Hawkeye sad.
And as for Daredevil I don't have any hope left cry I'll still wait and see tho
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Stonecoldstare1: 10:30am On Sep 02, 2022
DontBullshitMe:
HOTD.

Plot is moving too too fast. I don't know why they decide to hurriedly advance the plot as fast as possible. I want them to slow down and allow the viewers enough chance to know the characters deeply before they start taking the story to the next level.

There is also the lack of quality conversations. All those word sparring we saw in GOT, I haven't seen any here. Take for example the exchange below in GOT season 1, episode 1 :

Ned Stark : What a nice armour, not even a scratch on it.

Jaime Lannister : My opponents have been swinging at me for years, they always seem to miss.

Ned Stark : You have been choosing your opponents very wisely then.

Jaime Lannister : I have a knack for it.

Look at the veiled jabs and counter jabs in this conversation not to mention the numerous exchanges between Little finger and the eunuch (Varys). This is exactly what I expect from HOTD and somehow, they are letting me down. They are making the scenes too short and conversations too watery. Spice things up FFS! You have a very good story, tell it comprehensively!

The only reason I'm giving them a pass is because I have read the source material Fire and Blood and I see that the narration is not as extensive and exhaustive like A song of Ice and Fire but that is not enough excuse since George RR Martin is a core member of the production team. I expect more.
I also thought the same thing too but I realized they are following the books and it's a complete swipe through not as thorough as GOT and GRRM is involved so I'm not mad but kinda disappointed that Miguel has left
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by opuslog: 11:29am On Sep 02, 2022
To watch more movies, series you can downlaod this online movies apk

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GRIMMJOE(m): 12:16pm On Sep 02, 2022
pu7pl3:

You think I don't know you're Kaycee7 alternate moniker.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GRIMMJOE(m): 12:18pm On Sep 02, 2022
Kaycee7:
Na you suppose dey save energy sef. No dey engage mentally ill people abeg.
I'm mentally ill? Yet you're the one replying your self with your alternate. cheesy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ositadima1(m): 12:30pm On Sep 02, 2022
You Mr. up there, when you see your enemy tell him, "This is as far as you go. No more. This is it." Then end it.

In another news Ring of Power is here baby, 2 episodes out.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GRIMMJOE(m): 12:39pm On Sep 02, 2022
nkiliuzo:
That's why it's called a fantasy, nobody speaks like that.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GRIMMJOE(m): 12:41pm On Sep 02, 2022
felixnkubi:
Lol, the show is basically copy and paste of Lord of the rings, only that it's now more female centric and lots of black faces (which I ain't mad about tho), we got female frodo and samwise with their gandalf the stranger( like we ain't stupid Amazon! of course we know that's gandalf), then theirs female aragorn also known as galadriel, also another forbidden romance between elve and a human, I keep looking for the reason why $60 million was spent for one episode, cos the CGI ain't doing it for me, the fight scenes are meh! look at the way galadriel fought that monster, happened so fast! like show the money worth this episode na! critics seem to love the show tho, so maybe na me no sabi better thing, abeg I will stick to my GOT prequel show... I will watch rings of power when it's all out..
Bros increase the volume cheesy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GRIMMJOE(m): 12:44pm On Sep 02, 2022
GRIMMJOE:
Am I the only one not hyped for the new lord of the rings.

After watching Game of thrones every other fantasy looks like play play.

Lord of the Rings is for children, Game of Thrones is for Men.
Just saw 2 episode of lord of the rings, and this comment is still valid.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Iamyemmie: 1:00pm On Sep 02, 2022
I like when this section rates a series low
I Dey always enjoy am

But you see this their overhyped nonsense
It’s always trash

Make I go download rings of power

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by newguy1(m): 1:14pm On Sep 02, 2022
Y is Hollywood always highjacking good novels n movies to show feminism n it’s likes . Ring of power will be gr8 but making the mains characters female in the medival age setting is just low for me. Even women crave good men adventures that involve fighting n riding to glory not one small female beauty ride on horse n slaying villains. Hollywood is getting g tiring for me. Soon anime will be my first go to adventure n good movie to relax it

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 1:27pm On Sep 02, 2022
The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power - FIRST IMPRESSIONS

It was apparent from the first teasers of The Rings of Power that it was going to be a pretty loose adaptation of the events of The Second Age of Middle Earth, so all that remained for the optimists to look forward to was a good show in and of itself.

After the first 2 episodes, while they're delving into the lore of the Second Age in a wider way than is covered in the second half of The Silmarilion, the drastic changes to the timeline are very glaring to any knowledgeable Tolkiendil.

That aside, the show does an amazing job of transporting the viewer to the Middle Earth in the Second Age, taking a number of inspiration from Peter Jackson's trilogy, chief of which is bringing back Howard Shore who composed the score for the original trilogy to the music team for this show. You don't need to be told that Amazon sunk a lot into the production with the amazing visuals, sets, costume and makeup down to minute details.
The cast's performance was alright, except for the Harfoots. The actors playing the Harfoots are spectacular, the standout performance so far.

I was skeptical all through production and promotion of this show and while the skepticism isn't completely gone, I'm now a lot more optimistic for the show to impress than I was before. Really, really hope Amazon sticks the landing on this one.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by CAPdan21(m): 1:28pm On Sep 02, 2022
Rings of power first 2 episodes was fantastic...I feel Hotd has a higher ceiling but i must say I enjoyed this two episodes more...The visuals are fantastic and the dialog tops Hotd for now, expecting Hotd to bring their A game next week sha...8/10

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by MJBOLT: 1:30pm On Sep 02, 2022
The audience reviews for Rings of Power doesn't surprise me,when I talk am that time,clowns dey yarn nonsense.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by felixnkubi: 1:44pm On Sep 02, 2022
CAPdan21:
Rings of power first 2 episodes was fantastic...I feel Hotd has a higher ceiling but i must say I enjoyed this two episodes more...The visuals are fantastic and the dialog tops Hotd for now, expecting Hotd to bring their A game next week sha...8/10
dialogue tops hotd?! bruh not to be rude o but you must be high, dialogue was wack! it felt so forced, I was just cringing every time they talked, their facial expression didn't match their words, that alone tells some aren't good casting... especially every scene with that elf and human, never cringed so hard in my life
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by TheStrongest: 1:49pm On Sep 02, 2022
The thing is, when you've made up your mind to hate on something you can never see the good in it.

That's what happens most of the time with reviews on this thread.

HOTD and Ring of Power fanatics are just out to outdo each other here. 2 different shows, 2 different storyline. Can't you just enjoy and give constructive criticism?

The idea of always wanting to be "RIGHT" naim dey cause most of the quarrel here.

HOTD came out, just 1 episode we saw great reviews and counter reviews. Those wey post great reviews about the show dey tell those wey counter their reviews say those other ones reviews no valid because it's just the first 2 episodes.

Ring of Power done come out, those wey say reviews on 2 episodes no valid for HOTD done drop their own reviews and also rate the entire show low..

If them fit create separate thread for just HOTD and Ring of Power fanatics, e go better small o...

Na kind of Messi, Ronaldo rivalry we dey see here.

At the end of the day them no go pay us.

Let's stop taking reviews personally, it doesn't warrant verbal attacks on each other biko.

Everybody dey see things differently.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nkiliuzo(m): 1:57pm On Sep 02, 2022
GRIMMJOE:
That's why it's called a fantasy, nobody speaks like that.
heard a lot of Irish accent, am sure people speak like that
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Fabulous0019(m): 1:57pm On Sep 02, 2022
TheStrongest:
The thing is, when you've made up your mind to hate on something you can never see the good in it.

HOTD and Ring of Power fanatics are just out to outdo each other here. 2 different shows, 2 different storyline. Can't you just enjoy and give constructive criticism?

The idea of always wanting to be "RIGHT" naim dey cause most of the quarrel here.

HOTD came out, just 1 episode we saw great reviews and counter reviews. Those wey post great reviews about the show dey tell those wey counter their reviews say those other ones reviews no valid because it's just the first 2 episodes.

Ring of Power done come out, those wey say reviews on 2 episodes no valid for HOTD done drop their own reviews and also rate the entire show low..

If them fit create separate thread for just HOTD and Ring of Power fanatics, e go better small o...

Let's stop taking reviews personally, it doesn't warrant verbal attacks on each other biko.

God will bless you for this... Guys just enjoy the show and move

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nkiliuzo(m): 1:58pm On Sep 02, 2022
GRIMMJOE:
Just saw 2 episode of lord of the rings, and this comment is still valid.
baba compare house of the dragons with rings of power! difference dey
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GloriousGbola: 2:06pm On Sep 02, 2022
TheStrongest:

nigerians in a hurry to jump on first world problems and join cult of dceu vs mcu, nvidia vs amd, intel vs amd, PS vs XBOX, windows vs linux, apple vs sammy.

leave em white boys to their weird ass problems abeg
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nkiliuzo(m): 2:13pm On Sep 02, 2022
felixnkubi:
I agree also but am not sure that's gandalf.... Gandalf wasn't in Middle Earth during the Second Age which the rings of power take place, this might probably be a new wizard

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 2:47pm On Sep 02, 2022
Fantasy fans: Eating good with both HotD and TRoP

People who complain as a hobby: Foaming at the mouth

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DandeNumeruno(m): 3:25pm On Sep 02, 2022
The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power

Visual spectacle as one would expect. The plot is coming into its own.

It's a great time to be a fantasy fan.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2386) (2387) (2388) (2389) (2390) (2391) (2392) ... (2820) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: jikins(m), hersarhn, philbubs(m) and 3 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61