Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,603 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2418) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3519326 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2415) (2416) (2417) (2418) (2419) (2420) (2421) ... (2819) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by RaniOpe: 2:29pm On Sep 22, 2022
Anime as a genre is just so disgusting. Especially those Chinese looking drawing ones.

I maintain my stance, that it's only perverted adults that enjoy anime because of the way the female characters look at times.

Ewwww
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WHITELIGHTER: 2:36pm On Sep 22, 2022
Succession

Now in S02, and loving it...seriously crushing on Shiv.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 2:46pm On Sep 22, 2022
Remembering Peak through Vawulence

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 2:46pm On Sep 22, 2022
Peak message through Vawulence

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 2:50pm On Sep 22, 2022
...more

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 2:51pm On Sep 22, 2022
More peak

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 2:53pm On Sep 22, 2022
This needs proper reboot

Rebecca of the Faint smile

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Ilamina(f): 3:35pm On Sep 22, 2022
Dynasty

My Ugandan friend introduced me to the show

Ugandans have good taste
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 3:57pm On Sep 22, 2022
Shall we begin.... cheesy

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 4:51pm On Sep 22, 2022
Not surprising

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by pu7pl3(m): 4:54pm On Sep 22, 2022
abduleez1:
Shall we begin.... cheesy

Looks like it's Animé szn
Which one is this?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 5:29pm On Sep 22, 2022
No way Wokeness has invaded video game series too

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Floki737: 6:09pm On Sep 22, 2022
Omoh, started Power Book III: Raising Kanna. Didn't think I was going to like it at first, but the show is banger.
Done with S1 currently on S2.
cry cry Scrappy's death, is the most painful death for me.
That card game nah bastard. If only he had stopped like Raq asked him to, all these wouldn't have happened. What's paining me is that, dude was loyal to the end.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by swiftz(f): 6:38pm On Sep 22, 2022
Exxxgeee:
Try " a model family". Though it's abt drug cartel and shiit...

Lol. Watched it a few weeks back. Not bad.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by swiftz(f): 6:42pm On Sep 22, 2022
Iamyemmie:

Extraordinary attorney woo
Big mouth

Seen EAO. Will check out Big Mouth. Thanks.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by swiftz(f): 6:44pm On Sep 22, 2022
Big Mouth is animation? grin grin grin Naaah! Thanks.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 6:55pm On Sep 22, 2022
JJK 0 Movie grin grin grin

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 6:56pm On Sep 22, 2022
swiftz:
Big Mouth is animation? grin grin grin Naaah! Thanks.
wait.... seriously?

*Modified...
What are you saying?
I just checked my phone, I have episodes 1 and 2 downloaded...

It's not animation...where did you hear that?

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by blingxx(m): 8:13pm On Sep 22, 2022
RaniOpe:
Anime as a genre is just so disgusting. Especially those Chinese looking drawing ones.

I maintain my stance, that it's only perverted adults that enjoy anime because of the way the female characters look at times.

Ewwww

Stop watching ecchi and hentai , anime have categories same as movies i can recommend you the good ones you won't find sexualizing
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by RaniOpe: 8:51pm On Sep 22, 2022
Baddestguyp:
wait.... seriously?

*Modified...
What are you saying?
I just checked my phone, I have episodes 1 and 2 downloaded...

It's not animation...where did you hear that?

Big mouth on Netflix is an animation about hor.ny teenagers, puberty and hormones
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by RaniOpe: 8:59pm On Sep 22, 2022
blingxx:

Stop watching ecchi and hentai , anime have categories same as movies i can recommend you the good ones you won't find sexualizing

If you classify "Arcane" as anime. I've seen it and loved it. I won't call it anime though because the storyline is very sensible

Devilman Crybaby also had a little potential but they had to sexualize the girls by giving them humongous boobs.

Watched a few episode of some other ones, once I see a girl with huge boobs, I know it's going to be trash e.g the seven deadly sins
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 9:17pm On Sep 22, 2022
Season 5 is here°°°

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:38pm On Sep 22, 2022
RaniOpe:

Big mouth on Netflix is an animation about hor.ny teenagers, puberty and hormones
mad oh...
I guess it's another Big Mouth...

I just googled ...that one is an American animation...
Just with same title ...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:40pm On Sep 22, 2022
blingxx:

you dey answer am?

It's just like watching 1 or 2 Hollywood movies with sex scenes and saying:
"I hate Hollywood movies, they are all about sex...only hôrny people watch Hollywood"

See how dumb that sounds

Common sense should tell him anime is a freaking medium...meaning different genres of anime exist with different stories to tell
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:45pm On Sep 22, 2022
RaniOpe:

If you classify "Arcane" as anime. I've seen it and loved it. I won't call it anime though because the storyline is very sensible

Devilman Crybaby also had a little potential but they had to sexualize the girls by giving them humongous boobs.

Watched a few episode of some other ones, once I see a girl with huge boobs, I know it's going to be trash e.g the seven deadly sins
great...
you watched like 2 anime that shows boôbs...
Automatically all the thousands of anime are only about boobs...

Can you see how you sound?

Arcane btw isn't anime but it's an animation and many anime exist with similar and far better stories to it...

Devilman Crybaby is an anime but if you had kept going, you'd notice it has a good story to tell aside the violence, gore and nudity...
You'll probably cry your eyes out at the end

7 deadly sins has more of action and bôobs than plot...but it's enjoyable for those whose interests it fits

There are thousands of anime out there...far far more than you think

*Modified
If I had seen the bolded part of your post earlier I won't have wasted my time replying...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Jarchi(m): 9:56pm On Sep 22, 2022
Baddestguyp:
great...
you watched like 2 anime that shows boôbs...
Automatically all the thousands of anime are only about boobs...

Can you see how you sound?

Arcane btw isn't anime but it's an animation and many anime exist with similar and far better stories to it...

Devilman Crybaby is an anime but if you had kept going, you'd notice it has a good story to tell aside the violence, gore and nudity...
You'll probably cry your eyes out at the end

7 deadly sins has more of action and bôobs than plot...but it's enjoyable for those whose interests it fits

There are thousands of anime out there...far far more than you think

*Modified
If I had seen the bolded part of your post earlier I won't have wasted my time replying...

Jarchi:

° Brodaman, na only season 2 fit solve baddestguyp quarrel with arcane °
***Jarchi***

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 10:03pm On Sep 22, 2022
Jarchi:

did I say it was bad? grin

I said it's overhyped af...
It's good but mostly carried by animation...
I honestly prefer shows that can stand better on its own at the very least...animate Arcane with DOTA budget and see if your 10/10 won't reduce to 8/10 max

It's the same reason why I enjoyed Demon Slayer, but I still call it overhyped af...

Of course Arcane has a far better story than Demon Slayer but they both rely too much on animation quality rather than substance

Just like I'm the kind of person who rates gameplay of a game over the graphics of a game...I rate the story, world building, themes, characters etc over the animation...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Jarchi(m): 10:12pm On Sep 22, 2022
Baddestguyp:
did I say it was bad? grin

I said it's overhyped af...
It's good but mostly carried by animation...
I honestly prefer shows that can stand better on its own at the very least...animate Arcane with DOTA budget and see if your 10/10 won't reduce to 8/10 max

It's the same reason why I enjoyed Demon Slayer, but I still call it overhyped af...

Of course Arcane has a far better story than Demon Slayer but they both rely too much on animation quality rather than substance

Just like I'm the kind of person who rates gameplay of a game over the graphics of a game...I rate the story, world building, themes, characters etc over the animation...
Jarchi:

° Brodaman, we saying the same thing, that "over hyped" tag, I pray season 2 buys your acceptance. I'm not saying it's the best or the best of the best °
***Jarchi***

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 10:13pm On Sep 22, 2022
Just going to leave these here. Don't mind me

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 10:18pm On Sep 22, 2022
Jarchi:

I get you ...
Hopefully season 2 is good and even better than season 1...

I expect season 2 to focus more on world building, introduce new characters and lead the plot forward especially...

The problem however is that it took about 6 years to produce that quality of animation for season 1...
If they rush season 2 and fail to attain same quality of animation, fans will be disappointed since it relies a lot on animation quality...

For me...I won't mind lower quality animation as long as story is better
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 10:20pm On Sep 22, 2022
Kaycee7:
Just going to leave these here. Don't mind me
winning awards without competition is an achievement of course...

Which other animated shows were nominated? Which shows were released same year? Lmao

Castlevania, aside the last season has better story than Arcane and I'm sure it wasn't qualified for nomination cos of it's period of release

(1) (2) (3) ... (2415) (2416) (2417) (2418) (2419) (2420) (2421) ... (2819) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread