Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,188 members, 7,829,251 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2477) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3539268 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2474) (2475) (2476) (2477) (2478) (2479) (2480) ... (2825) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 3:59pm On Nov 02, 2022
The Woman King (2022) = 4/10 ❌

Guillermo Del Toro's Cabinet Of Curiosities S01 (2022) = 7/10 ✔️

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 4:01pm On Nov 02, 2022
pu7pl3:

Itspreshh is Baddestguyp abi?
Good luck trying to get him to agree with you. grin
Lol! You sef suppose know that is never the point of entertaining an argument with him. Abi I wan sleep here
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 4:04pm On Nov 02, 2022
The Good Nurse (2022) = 6/10 ✔️

The Patient S01 (2022) = 7/10 ✔️

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by itspreshh: 4:25pm On Nov 02, 2022
Kaycee7:
The point is that it did that before MAPPA.
Even JJK's popularity was before MAPPA.

If you want to claim MAPPA influence, show us a title that wasn't making top 10 in the charts before MAPPA picked it.

Can't be out here overhyping MAPPA's influence just because they inherited massive fanbases.

Why can't MAPPA do the same for Zombieland Saga, Re: Main, Dance Dance Danseur and Dorohedoro?
again I stated MAPPA picks up big titles...
So I'm not denying your point
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by itspreshh: 4:28pm On Nov 02, 2022
IngeniousLeez:

AOT was very popular but I don't think it's marketing is what pushed it.
It's unlike CSM that gets marketed every now and then YouTube and Twitter.

I hardly even saw much marketing for AOT asides from fans word of mouth and hyping on social media. Hence my opinion of fanbased hype rather than marketing.
If you were to recommend shows to newbies on anime, 9 out of 10 times you'd include AOT and JJK.
That's what I talk about fanbase pushing numbers up and not really marketing.

How Demon Slayer smashed all records and box office even One Piece movie is struggling to match, I don't know. If you can capture the attention of general audience you'd successful.
It's the new fans flocking to it under recommendations from older fans that's boosting new shows.
They're easy to form into fanbases or huge popularity now cos they are newer, shorter amount of episodes.

Mappa is popular quite alright, but how many people really know the studios that are behind their favourite content. It's mainly just because we obsessed with some of our fave shows or franchises that's the main reason we go as far as knowing the production studio. For general audience, average people, they definitely don't know who Mappa is. And it's social media that's making seem ppl know their studio or director.
All na hogwash. Ask an average person around you about directors and movie studios then you go know say all of us know things only when na online.

Reality is different from social media life.
I disagree on average audience not knowing MAPPA...
I can tell you that a lot of new anime fans and even non-anime fans that just watched a few anime know MAPPA...

For directors...even me as an anime fan I don't know directors, but my friends do...

Demon slayer hype is still a mystery to me...
But I suspect the anime adaptation did it...
From what I heard, it really boosted manga sales to a point the manga started competing with One Piece
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by itspreshh: 4:34pm On Nov 02, 2022
Kaycee7:
Name one thing MAPPA does in their marketing that other studios don't do?
they do the same thing...
But better than most imo...

Mappa are fully funding ChainsawMan themselves from what I heard...which is uncommon for anime studios...
So they're clearly marketing as much as they can considering they're bearing all the risks...

I gave example of their trailers being better than most anime trailers,
they promote better on social media and even release raw animation sef constantly...
They constantly released episode previews hours to airing which again is uncommon for most anime

Releasing 12 ending songs is also a flex for them
All their opening songs are released on YouTube minutes before the episode airs
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 4:34pm On Nov 02, 2022
itspreshh:
again I stated MAPPA picks up big titles...
So I'm not denying your point
Which point are you not denying?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by itspreshh: 4:34pm On Nov 02, 2022
pu7pl3:

Itspreshh is Baddestguyp abi?
Good luck trying to get him to agree with you. grin
lol...
Rest sir...
Na normal everyday argument...

Why you dey vex on top argument when no concern you
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by itspreshh: 4:35pm On Nov 02, 2022
Kaycee7:
Which point are you not denying?
that Mappa picks up good titles...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by pu7pl3(m): 4:40pm On Nov 02, 2022
itspreshh:
lol...
Rest sir...
Na normal everyday argument...

Why you dey vex on top argument when no concern you

I no dey vex oh
I just dey let am know say you no dey ever gree.
But him already know Whatsup too.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by itspreshh: 4:45pm On Nov 02, 2022
pu7pl3:

I no dey vex oh
I just dey let am know say you no dey ever gree.
But him already know Whatsup too.
lol...
But if I feel I'm wrong I accept nah... grin

Anyway, are you following any anime this season?
I dey follow quite a number of them
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 5:23pm On Nov 02, 2022
itspreshh:
they do the same thing...
But better than most imo...

Mappa are fully funding ChainsawMan themselves from what I heard...which is uncommon for anime studios...
So they're clearly marketing as much as they can considering they're bearing all the risks...

I gave example of their trailers being better than most anime trailers,
This is simply your subjective opinion and adds nothing to the conversation

they promote better on social media
How exactly?

and even release raw animation sef constantly...
What is "raw animation"? Define it specifically.

They constantly released episode previews hours to airing which again is uncommon for most anime
It's not uncommon for most anime. Kadokawa and Aniplex handle the preview releases. The main reason MAPPA's doing this now is because they're the ones handling CSM entirely. The last anime they personally posted previews for was Takt OP: Destiny, which I'll like to point out, didn't do CSM numbers

Releasing 12 ending songs is also a flex for them
It's a flex alright, but not really exclusive to them. Blade Runner: Black Lotus, Re: Life, Katanagatari and Mushishi all have different EDs. Mushishi has 26 episodes.

All their opening songs are released on YouTube minutes before the episode airs

Same for other anime. They just happen to have 12 this season.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 5:26pm On Nov 02, 2022
itspreshh:
that Mappa picks up good titles...
This is mostly true but is most definitely not a point I made.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by itspreshh: 5:53pm On Nov 02, 2022
Kaycee7:

This is simply your subjective opinion and adds nothing to the conversation

How exactly?

What is "raw animation"? Define it specifically.

It's not uncommon for most anime. Kadokawa and Aniplex handle the preview releases. The main reason MAPPA's doing this now is because they're the ones handling CSM entirely. The last anime they personally posted previews for was Takt OP: Destiny, which I'll like to point out, didn't do CSM numbers

It's a flex alright, but not really exclusive to them. Blade Runner: Black Lotus, Re: Life, Katanagatari and Mushishi all have different EDs. Mushishi has 26 episodes.

Same for other anime. They just happen to have 12 this season.
again I clearly said they're doing what others do...but better
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 5:54pm On Nov 02, 2022
itspreshh:
And I am also clearly saying they're not doing anything better than others.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ShitStain(m): 6:39pm On Nov 02, 2022
Big mouth
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by pu7pl3(m): 7:25pm On Nov 02, 2022
itspreshh:
lol...
But if I feel I'm wrong I accept nah... grin

Anyway, are you following any anime this season?
I dey follow quite a number of them

Chainsaw man and Lycoris recoil are the 2 I've seen this week...
Is wan take samll Animé break.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by IngeniousLeez: 7:50pm On Nov 02, 2022
itspreshh:

Honestly, I don't see any difference in quality of trailers MAPPA produce as against others.

Cyberpunk Edgerunners by Studio Trigger
Blades of The Guardians by Tencent Video
Demon Slayer by UFOtable
Mob Psycho 100
Vampire in the Garden by Wit studio

These are some of the best trailers I've seen from other studios not named Mappa, and I don't see a comparative difference in quality. Just depends on the tone and style of the particular anime.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by toluxe0075: 10:31am On Nov 03, 2022
I feel we should just change this thread to anime thread. grin

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 10:37am On Nov 03, 2022
ShitStain:
Big mouth
I feel this show has outran it's good days. It feels repetitive now and episode 1 of the lastest season had me sleeping.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by yusfatedeeprof(m): 12:58pm On Nov 03, 2022
The love I have for this guy cheesy

The serpent queen - 9/10

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 1:16pm On Nov 03, 2022
I think say I like brezz but this manny dey motivate me grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ShitStain(m): 6:50pm On Nov 03, 2022
oyaskii:
I feel this show has outran it's good days. It feels repetitive now and episode 1 of the lastest season had me sleeping.

Indeed
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by itspreshh: 8:36pm On Nov 03, 2022
Kaycee7:
and he got his reward

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nonireel(m): 9:44pm On Nov 03, 2022
guys, is o2tvseries on strike? no uploads since 1st.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 11:16pm On Nov 03, 2022
Cabinet of Curiosities ep 6.... 8.5/10

Never have I wished for a protagonist in a horror movie be dead than this annoying Rupert Grint character. I was just praying the evil entity kills him.
The guy was so useless and annoying. Because your sister died a youngin you forget your life and become so obsessed with the dead you forgot how to live.

I would have smashed my phone if that annoying dude had lived. Cos the useless mofo wasn't doing anything with his life anyways. He'd be more useful being dead and serving the purpose of the undead he was so keen to join. angry

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 5:32am On Nov 04, 2022
New Season is here ✔️

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by pu7pl3(m): 5:52am On Nov 04, 2022
Kaycee7:

This guy is legendary grin

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 12:51pm On Nov 04, 2022
nani667:
New Season is here ✔️
Let's fücking GOOOOOOOoooooooo!!!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 2:31pm On Nov 04, 2022
The many faces of Daemon. wink cool

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 2:52pm On Nov 04, 2022
cool cool

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Meksbig(m): 3:25pm On Nov 04, 2022
The devil's hour
A solid thriller

(1) (2) (3) ... (2474) (2475) (2476) (2477) (2478) (2479) (2480) ... (2825) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: tapingil(m), Greatdesi(m), Lakesman445(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.