Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2498) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3518668 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2495) (2496) (2497) (2498) (2499) (2500) (2501) ... (2819) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Alienist: 6:32pm On Dec 15, 2022
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 10:05pm On Dec 15, 2022
Prey For The Devil (2022) = 5/10 ✔️

My Name Is Vendetta (2022) = 5.6/10 ✔️

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Ilamina(f): 11:04pm On Dec 15, 2022
Smallville season 6
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 12:10am On Dec 16, 2022
Miracood2:
Pls I need a website to download Game of thrones season 1

Anybody?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 12:56am On Dec 16, 2022
AOT fans doing the most as usual grin

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by brainhack(m): 1:38am On Dec 16, 2022
Baddestguyp:
Context for casual viewers...

Saw this good post on Zaraki's character on reddit

Zaraki is one of the interesting characters in the bleachverse. He seems to have so sort of ability to evade death, it seem to be a curse. Everytime he is close to death he comes back stronger. Even I didn’t in all my years of watching Bleach didn’t know this.

Episode 9 & 10, all the moments he was blacking out Unohana was “killing” him. At first he couldn’t held her back, then he kept dying (without realizing he was dying) till he was strong enough to cut and force her to use bankia.

According to manga he is the third strongest below Aizen and Ichigo but to me. Zakari is the strongest shinigami. In every fight he imposes limits on himself and he is still very dangerous and formidable.

Why he is the strongest: As a child he was already stronger than Unohana (who was already a captain). When they fought he subconsciously sealed his power to allow them to fight longer that is why he lost. He fought this fight and so many battles without shikai talkless of bankia. When he first join Gotei 13, he was trained for only 1 day. His training was stopped because he would become too strong for anybody to contain if he ever rebelled. The eye patch that keeping eating away at his reiatsu is for his own good, if not his body would get damaged from his own high pressure. The eye patch eats away 70%-90% of his reiatsu even at the level of power he has left (between 10%-30% power) he is captain level. He doesn’t use shunpo, he moves using his physical strength and he is fast. He didn’t learn Kidō, he use Zanjutsu in its basic form due to lack of training in this technique.

Even Aizen avoided fighting Kenpachi until he could obtain immortality.

Spoiler: The first time, he tried to use his bankai his arm broke trying to swing it because it was too powerful for his body to handle and the bankai was far from its complete form.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 1:54am On Dec 16, 2022
brainhack:

Zaraki is one of the interesting characters in the bleachverse. He seems to have so sort of ability to evade death, it seem to be a curse. Everytime he dies he comes back stronger. Even I didn’t in all my years of watching Bleach didn’t know this.

Episode 9 & 10, all the moments he was blacking out Unohana was “killing” him. At first he couldn’t held her back, then he kept dying (with realizing he was dying) till he was strong enough to cut and force her to use bankia.
in the fight against the Espada...he never died...but he was close to death

Characters in bleach generally have techniques to protect their body...
Quincies use blut vene
Arrancars use Hierro
Can't remember what Shinigamis own is called

Also these characters are able to survive much. It's not easy at all to kill a shinigami that's at least Lieutenant level
A slash to the throat does quite some damage but not enough to instant kill them...so Unohana can definitely heal that

Also Unohana's healing techniques have improved in TYBW and so she is able to heal herself and Zaraki much faster...
In actuality she isn't killing him but instead getting him in a state close to death

For Zaraki...each close encounter with death makes him subconscious release his restraint on his powers. That's why he seems to get stronger after every tough battle...and remember even when Lloyd copied his current strength, he stated that he simply got stronger than was like it was something basic

What I'm not sure about is the whole skeleton we see in that Unohana fight...
I think it's symbolism but some others believe that Unohana's Bankai was acidic and was melting his skin
Kubo didn't clarify that so we'll never know
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Firebender300: 4:50am On Dec 16, 2022
I never got to watch Breaking Bad when it was out.

Well, it was kinda R-rated, though.

But, that's what I'm watching now. The series is pretty darn good smiley.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 7:25am On Dec 16, 2022
⬇️

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 10:56am On Dec 16, 2022
THE QUEEN'S GAMBIT ....7/10

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by grailer: 2:48pm On Dec 16, 2022
Miracood2:

Anybody?
Nkiri. com
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 2:52pm On Dec 16, 2022
grailer:

Nkiri. com

Thanks a lot, God bless. Let me try it out.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Frostyzone(m): 7:21pm On Dec 16, 2022
If you loved Dark and need something with similar vibe, watch these 3 shows, they are fantastic. Mindfvcks but in a good way.

The Devil's Hour, Shining Girls, and The Peripheral.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ShitStain(m): 9:55pm On Dec 16, 2022
Frostyzone:
If you loved Dark and need something with similar vibe, watch these 3 shows, they are fantastic. Mindfvcks but in a good way.

The Devil's Hour, Shining Girls, and The Peripheral.

Thanks for the suggestions!

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:12am On Dec 17, 2022
Jujutsu Kaisen season 2 announced for July 2023

Vinland Saga - January
Hell's Paradise - April
Jujutsu Kaisen S2 - July

Still no news about AOT finale tongue

Wtf is wrong with MAPPA?

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by blackdodo: 9:57am On Dec 17, 2022
Miracood2:

Anybody?

lightdl. xyz
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Arizoner: 12:34pm On Dec 17, 2022
Baddestguyp:
Who is the poster girl?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Arizoner: 12:34pm On Dec 17, 2022
Baddestguyp:
Who is the poster girl?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Crownfit01(m): 5:36pm On Dec 17, 2022
Arizoner:
Who is the poster girl?

Anya Taylor -Joy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:49pm On Dec 17, 2022
Spoiler-less Makima Fanarts

#Chainsawman

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:50pm On Dec 17, 2022
Makima Fanarts
#Chainsawman

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 10:07pm On Dec 17, 2022
Far From Home (Nollywood Netflix series)...5.5/10

I am rating this show by Nollywood standards and not Hollywood standards.
The central narrative of this show itself is not bad. The problem is it's execution. The story becomes a convoluted mess with characters making unrealistic decisions that no normal human would make.
Aside that is the amateur acting...only the guys who acted as Reggie and Rambo played their role well...

The dialogue was very cringe especially with the characters acting like they're reciting a crammed work.

The action scene towards the end of the series was totally unnecessary. They made the hired thugs look like a bunch of clowns. It would be more believable to use Aki and Pawpaw as gangsters than those clowns.
Also what kind of thugs in Nigeria use tasers and get beaten easily by high school kids

I give them props for actually trying something new in Nollywood, that's all

They're obviously setting up a season 2...and to be honest, the only reason I might watch it is because it is Nollywood...

Honestly if you want a better show with sort of similar plotline, watch Extracurricular a Korean high school show. It's not about romance.

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 10:09pm On Dec 17, 2022
A bit Similar plotline, way way way better

About a highschool kid who runs an online pimping business as side hustle

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ShitStain(m): 12:19am On Dec 18, 2022
Baddestguyp:
Far From Home (Nollywood Netflix series)...5.5/10

I am rating this show by Nollywood standards and not Hollywood standards.
The central narrative of this show itself is not bad. The problem is it's execution. The story becomes a convoluted mess with characters making unrealistic decisions that no normal human would make.
Aside that is the amateur acting...only the guys who acted as Reggie and Rambo played their role well...

The dialogue was very cringe especially with the characters acting like they're reciting a crammed work.

The action scene towards the end of the series was totally unnecessary. They made the hired thugs look like a bunch of clowns. It would be more believable to use Aki and Pawpaw as gangsters than those clowns.
Also what kind of thugs in Nigeria use tasers and get beaten easily by high school kids

I give them props for actually trying something new in Nollywood, that's all

They're obviously setting up a season 2...and to be honest, the only reason I might watch it is because it is Nollywood...

Honestly if you want a better show with sort of similar plotline, watch Extracurricular a Korean high school show. It's not about romance.

Can't remember when last I watched a Nigerian production
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by genaro2000(m): 1:07am On Dec 18, 2022
Hello
Please where can I download tv series for free, apart from tvshows4mobile. I am finding it hard to download godfather of Harlem
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by lovewins: 10:04am On Dec 18, 2022
Riches on Amazon Prime is such a good show

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WHITELIGHTER: 10:21am On Dec 18, 2022
Slow Horses
Season 2
Looking great so far
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 11:31am On Dec 18, 2022
Yellowstone things, Harrison Ford and Helen Mirren.

Omo, Dutton family story go long kpa!.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by SOZINN: 12:02pm On Dec 18, 2022
Who the fûck wrote succession? Where has this show been all my life?

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Floki737: 12:36pm On Dec 18, 2022
cheesy The Rings Of Power- 9.0/10
Don't know why I waited this long, to watch this master piece.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by MJBOLT: 12:37pm On Dec 18, 2022
Far From Home
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WHITELIGHTER: 2:27pm On Dec 18, 2022
MJBOLT:
Far From Home

Rating?!

(1) (2) (3) ... (2495) (2496) (2497) (2498) (2499) (2500) (2501) ... (2819) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Speakout03 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.