Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2557) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3515665 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2554) (2555) (2556) (2557) (2558) (2559) (2560) ... (2818) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 3:02pm On Mar 05, 2023
Dexter08:

Grow up man!!!

People worst than you derailed this thread and yet the thread still stood, like them you will soon slide in to obscurity.

Don't worry kid, it is your time enjoy it.
the fact that you are so pained is funny grin

4 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Dexter08(m): 3:03pm On Mar 05, 2023
Baddestguyp:
the fact that you are so pained is funny grin

K
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 6:53pm On Mar 05, 2023
budaatum:

You've made me go watch 1883. Thank you.

Watched Yellowstone before that, and will watch this after.
Yes!!! You need to watch 1923, it's a must watch series.

These people narrated a whole book or novel in a series with every single details without missing a chapter or a word.

The series is a lecture in a classroom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 6:58pm On Mar 05, 2023
Carnival row episodes 5 and 6 is 8/10 for me.
They really took things to another level in these two episodes.
The killing of two main characters took me by surprise, i wasn't expecting it at all but then again, that's the beauty of a great series, anyone can die at anytime.

Strange thing about carnival row is that you don't know what will happen in the next episode, a proper mystery.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 7:01pm On Mar 05, 2023
BFM episodes 8 is 7/10 for me.

Definitely that Lamar nigga is going to go down. Nigga has been doing too much and has overstepped his boundaries.
That Mich nigga is a proper gangster, he isn't just a boss, he is smart and very calculated, his head is in the game and he is always there for family, crew and Friends. He kind of reminds me of tommy in the peaky blinders.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Succhris: 8:14pm On Mar 05, 2023
Classickj:

Try
The Capture
Shooter
Liar
Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan
Thank you
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Calibrator: 8:52pm On Mar 05, 2023
The plot development of Godfather of Harlem from Season 1 to the latest episode has been nothing short of phenomenonal....

god tier stuff!

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:55pm On Mar 05, 2023
What do people gain from this?
This dude created over 500 accounts just to give 1 Star rating to an episode even before it aired...
And some of his followers did the same

All because of online beef with fans of the show

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WHITELIGHTER: 7:04am On Mar 06, 2023
The Last of Us
Episode 8 12/10

Now that's what I'm talking about
Blood and Snow

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by paskal16: 8:54am On Mar 06, 2023
WHITELIGHTER:
The Last of Us
Episode 8 12/10

Now that's what I'm talking about
Blood and Snow
where do you download yours from
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WHITELIGHTER: 9:07am On Mar 06, 2023
paskal16:
where do you download yours from

Torrent
Pirate Bay
It's now available on Nkiri
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WritterNig: 9:34am On Mar 06, 2023
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Henuell(m): 9:42am On Mar 06, 2023
TULSA KING really hitting the bull's eye

IMDb 8.1/10
Really good stuff

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriiterNig: 9:46am On Mar 06, 2023
🎥 The Last Of Us S01E08 (2023) = 8/10 ✔️

Episode 7 = 6/10

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriiterNig: 9:54am On Mar 06, 2023
🎥 Tulsa King S01 (2022) = 7/10 ✔️

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by brainhack(m): 12:19pm On Mar 06, 2023
Shrinking - Solid 8 for me.

Jessica Williams (Gabby) is a beautiful black woman. Yum-yum.

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by a4turitoroman: 12:20pm On Mar 06, 2023
Last of us ep8
10/10 🔥

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 2:30pm On Mar 06, 2023
Every AOT fan should actually read this...my short analysis

There gave been different analysis of the character of Eren Yeager. This is a character with so much layers that people mix up what is on the surface with what is within.

It doesn't help that he lies a lot. He's been confirmed to lie to Armin, Mikasa, Floch, Zeke etc so different characters have different idea of what he's thinking

Zeke thought he supported the Euthanasia plan, after the betrayal, Zeke believed he was manipulated by Grisha
Armin and Mikasa once thought Eren was manipulated by Zeke too

But here is my short opinion on his character
To do this, I'll separate the truth from the lies.

The only time Eren is truly honest in season 4 so far is when he was speaking to Ramzi...the refugee kid who couldn't even understand him.
Even Isayama has confirmed this that it is the true Eren...what he confirmed was Eren in chapter 139 which chapter 139 occured in the same time period as chapter 131 which is when he spoke to Ramzi in the latest episode

At that point Eren was at his lowest point, overcome with self hatred and guilt for what he's about to do

But he still does it.

Not because he is forced to (some people falsely believe Eren had no choice...that is false)
Eren knew he would save Ramzi from those oppressing and beating him, and he still decided to do it
Eren knew he would end up killing Ramzi...and he still decided to do it...

Eren did things cos he wanted to... Because of his childhood obsession with Freedom. It all started from his birth up to his dreams and Armin's book...

No doubt, part of his reason is still to make his friends live long lives. But if that was the main reason, he wouldn't allow his actions put them in danger...
This is the same way ending the Titan Curse is a secondary reason and not a primary reason for the Rumbling...

Eren is obsessed with his twisted idea of what freedom entails...

Here is what he said to Ramzi:

"To save the Island...to save Eldia...
But there is more to this...
The Reality of the World Outside the Walls was different from the world I dreamed of...
It was different from the world I saw in Armin's book...
When I learnt that humanity was alive outside the walls...I was disappointed"

If you tie this back to Kenny Ackerman's speech in Season 3 that "Everyone is a slave to something"

What I'm saying in summary is that Eren is a slave to his meaning of "Freedom" without even realizing it himself

That is why at the end of the latest episode, Armin asks Eren:
"In what way are you free?"

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 2:36pm On Mar 06, 2023
in addition to the above post...

I just had to clarify that because a lot of casual fans simply think of Eren as a hero turning evil to save his friends...

While that is true...it is merely a layer of his character...and not his primary reason for the Rumbling

In all Eren did the Rumbling for several reasons:

His childish obsession with Freedom
To enable his friends live long lives
To end the Titan curse

I hope the post I made above post clarifies things for y'all... although you're free to disagree and you are free to support Eren

Ballzproblem2
armadeo
oyaskii
ab221

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Ballzproblem2: 2:40pm On Mar 06, 2023
Baddestguyp:
I had to clarify that because a lot of casual fans simply think of Eren as a hero turning evil to save his friends...

While that is true...it is merely a layer of his character...and not his primary reason for the Rumbling

In all Eren did the Rumbling for several reasons:

His childish obsession with Freedom
To enable his friends live long lives
To end the Titan curse

I hope the post I made above post clarifies things for y'all... although you're free to disagree and you are free to support Eren

Ballzproblem2
arm.adeo
oyas.kii
ab.221
I do not see Eren as hero nor villain I see him as protagonist ready to do what's necessary to save the people he love instead of turning the other cheek why Marley and other countries infiltrate them ,in others words Eren is realistic to me that's why I like him:"do me I do you man no go vex".
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 2:45pm On Mar 06, 2023
Ballzproblem2:
I do not see Eren as hero nor villain I see him as protagonist ready to do what's necessary to save the people he love instead of turning the other cheek why Marley and other countries infiltrate them ,in others words Eren is realistic to me that's why I like him:"do me I do you man no go vex".
that's fair enough...
I was just pointing out that his primary reason wasn't to save his people...he did it mainly for himself first and then his people

I also love how Reiner and Armin theorized that Eren was suffering...the weight of his sins affecting him...
At the same time, he was giving them a choice...

Whether to stop him or not? To see what they would choose. That's why Reiner said maybe deep down, Eren wanted to be stopped by his friends
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 2:52pm On Mar 06, 2023
The title of the second chapter: "Sinners" has so much depth

It covers literally all the characters, from the Scouts, to the former Warriors, to the Azumabito (who acted out of their own personal gain instead of helping Eldia negotiate with other countries)
Even to the Marlians and the other people of the outside world...

The line of how Eren the monster signified all the sins if humanity and how it has caught up to them was so beautiful

In fact I change my rating of the latest AOT episode after my rewatches...
It's no longer 10/10...
It is now 100000000/10

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Ballzproblem2: 3:16pm On Mar 06, 2023
Baddestguyp:
that's fair enough...
I was just pointing out that his primary reason wasn't to save his people...he did it mainly for himself first and then his people

I also love how Reiner and Armin theorized that Eren was suffering...the weight of his sins affecting him...
At the same time, he was giving them a choice...

Whether to stop him or not? To see what they would choose. That's why Reiner said maybe deep down, Eren wanted to be stopped by his friends
like you said he is suffering because of the amount of people he killed,he won't be able to live with himself that's why he did not control his friends even though he had the ability to,I am not sure I will either ,I know how Eren fate thought but will keep shut(I have read summary of the manga)
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 3:29pm On Mar 06, 2023
Ballzproblem2:
like you said he is suffering because of the amount of people he killed,he won't be able to live with himself that's why he did not control his friends even though he had the ability to,I am not sure I will either ,I know how Eren fate thought but will keep shut(I have read summary of the manga)
I have seen manga spoilers too...
So I know what happens at the end and even the extra pages
And I know it is controversial too
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Ballzproblem2: 3:39pm On Mar 06, 2023
Baddestguyp:
I have seen manga spoilers too...
So I know what happens at the end and even the extra pages
And I know it is controversial too
at first I wasn't cool with it but you can't always have a happy ending that's the beauty of AOT best anime in books but my favorite is my hero academia

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 3:44pm On Mar 06, 2023
Ballzproblem2:
at first I wasn't cool with it but you can't always have a happy ending that's the beauty of AOT best anime in books but my favorite is my hero academia
it was always going to have a sad ending...

I knew that since S1 sef...
Any last hope for happy ending ended after the reveal of the 13 years curse of Ymir
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Ballzproblem2: 3:59pm On Mar 06, 2023
Baddestguyp:
it was always going to have a sad ending...

I knew that since S1 sef...
Any last hope for happy ending ended after the reveal of the 13 years curse of Ymir
true I mean I just wanted him and Mikasa to be Happy but when I reason that curse I just knew there was no hope
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 4:04pm On Mar 06, 2023
Ballzproblem2:
true I mean I just wanted him and Mikasa to be Happy but when I reason that curse I just knew there was no hope
what's funny is that some manga readers of Titanfolk wanted the series to end with Eren marrying Historia and becoming the king of Paradis grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Ballzproblem2: 4:16pm On Mar 06, 2023
Baddestguyp:
what's funny is that some manga readers of Titanfolk wanted the series to end with Eren marrying Historia and becoming the king of Paradis grin
hello na ,I see historia as his sister apart from Mikasa no girl fit Eren na only Mikasa fit handle en bullshit
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Gidah: 4:36pm On Mar 06, 2023
We all enjoy AOT but yours is something else bruh

5 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 4:47pm On Mar 06, 2023
Ballzproblem2:
hello na ,I see historia as his sister apart from Mikasa no girl fit Eren na only Mikasa fit handle en bullshit
Lol . .na her one true love

I honestly don't know where the Historia shipping came from.
Historia is mostly a lesbian as much as I know
She only married the farmer to save herself by getting pregnant to delay the Military Police from turning her to a Titan
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 4:50pm On Mar 06, 2023
Gidah:
We all enjoy AOT but yours is something else bruh
the thread is a series discussion
If a series has a lot of depth, I assume it's normal to have long discussions and character analysis

I wasn't here when Game of Thrones was airing but I predict that such character analysis was a norm here back then

Unfortunately in this day and age...there are very few shows that have any depth...
Or you want people to discuss character depth in a Marvel show? grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (2554) (2555) (2556) (2557) (2558) (2559) (2560) ... (2818) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.