Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,440 members, 7,815,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2581) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3515645 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2578) (2579) (2580) (2581) (2582) (2583) (2584) ... (2818) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by pu7pl3(m): 3:32pm On Apr 11, 2023
oyaskii:
Any "Succession" Episode that has a premise of a Wedding are always hard but Sunday's "Connor's Wedding" Episode was so so extra hard. HBO knows this series thing abeg. Not to exaggerate, but it might arguably be the best episode in Tv drama serial history...Good Lord!, It was that good.

Hearing HBO is planning on submitting Keiran Culkin and Sarah Snook for outstanding leads at the next Emmy, and base off this episode, other contenders will need to work extra hard to stand any chance πŸ˜©πŸ™Œ

you want to force me into starting this season 😭
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Shinabrown5308(m): 4:39pm On Apr 11, 2023
Go for latest movie the likes of the rings power, the winchers, house of the dragon, perry mason, white lotus, emphoria, lot more
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 6:00pm On Apr 11, 2023
pu7pl3:

Baba no vex 😩😩...I wanted to wait for the entire thing to finish before i binge but body no let me πŸ˜©πŸ˜„
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by pu7pl3(m): 6:09pm On Apr 11, 2023
oyaskii:
Baba no vex 😩😩...I wanted to wait for the entire thing to finish before i binge but body no let me πŸ˜©πŸ˜„

I'm watching Ozark sha
I'll hold steadfast till all the episodes are out
✊🏿πŸ’ͺ🏿
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by NeoWanZaeed(m): 11:52pm On Apr 11, 2023
Just watching Hannibal.

Very interesting
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by FBS: 2:23am On Apr 12, 2023
Ok so I am sorta enjoying Ted Lasso TV show.
I enjoy the bantr (see what I did there huh? lol), the dialogues, acting - really good stuff but the social messages is starting to annoy me.

This is football, it's predominantly a man's game yet men are portrayed to be mostly incompetent, eediiots, egocentric, dirty, emotional and dysfunctional ninnies.

It's ok for an older woman to shag a boy half her age and be praised for it as a B.A.B but when a man does it, it's a crime and will be labelled as a dog if lucky not to be jailed or sacked.
It's ok for woman to be dating the family therapist but nah, a man can't do that. All he does is beg her to come back.
In short, women are perfect, can do no wrong but men are just there to as furniture.

Whatever happened to having a balanced script?

And the last straw was S3E3.

pfff!

Off to the library to get more books. cheesy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Gidah: 5:54am On Apr 12, 2023
FBS:
I enjoy the bantr (see what I did there huh? lol), the dialogues, acting - really good stuff but the social messages is starting to annoy me.

This is football, it's a man's game yet men are portrayed to be mostly incompetent, eediiots, egocentric, dirty, emotional and dysfunctional ninnies.

It's ok for an older woman to shag a boy half her age and be praised for it as a B.A.B but when a man does it, it's a crime and will be labelled as a dog if lucky not to be jailed or sacked.
It's ok for woman to be dating the family therapist but nah, a man can't do that. All he does is beg her to come back.
In short, women are perfect, can do no wrong but men are just there to as furniture.

pfff!

I feel you there bro .trent accepted the gay part cos he’s a better person.if I’m a footballer I would tackle a gay player harder than a straight guy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 6:56am On Apr 12, 2023
Catching up ⬇️

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Ellexy: 8:11am On Apr 12, 2023
I really love the class sessions in Power Book 2 Ghost. Every episode I look forward to that.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by samistry(m): 8:23am On Apr 12, 2023
FBS:

This is football, it's a man's game yet men are portrayed to be mostly incompetent, eediiots, egocentric, dirty, emotional and dysfunctional ninnies.

pfff!

All this tantrum over a football parody wey no be serious HBO drama. As for the women being perfect. Wasn't Rebecca initially portrayed as being vengeful and vindictive over her ex, before learning to forgive.
Keely initially an airhead groupie without purpose before finding something she was good at which is being advertising and branding. Jamie Tart was a primadonna who learnt to get along with the team.
There are no perfect characters in the series, just human beings with their flaws.
As for the LGBT content, as annoying as e be that one is present is almost every western series now but I'd rather focus on how on how they portray Nigeria in a positive light.

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by LordAdam16: 9:53am On Apr 12, 2023
pu7pl3:

If you can hold off until the end, the payoff will be so worth it.

Episode 3 is the truth tho. HBO doing HBO things.

-Lord
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 10:01am On Apr 12, 2023
Upcoming 6 episode Netflix series:

Black Knight

Looks really good...it seems to be set in a dystopian/ post apocalyptic world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSXmLQvldDQ

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by FBS: 10:07am On Apr 12, 2023
samistry:

All this tantrum over a football parody wey no be serious HBO drama. As for the women being perfect. Wasn't Rebecca initially portrayed as being vengeful and vindictive over her ex, before learning to forgive.
Keely initially an airhead groupie without purpose before finding something she was good at which is being advertising and branding. Jamie Tart was a primadonna who learnt to get along with the team.
There are no perfect characters in the series, just human beings with their flaws.
As for the LGBT content, as annoying as e be that one is present is almost every western series now but I'd rather focus on how on how they portray Nigeria in a positive light.
If understanding basic stuff is a problem for you, na your wahala be that. I am not going to argue with you.
My thoughts, my decision. Deal with it or ignore. I'm fine with either.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Jarchi(m): 12:06pm On Apr 12, 2023
FBS:

If understanding basic stuff is a problem for you, na your wahala be that. I am not going to argue with you.
My thoughts, my decision. Deal with it or ignore. I'm fine with either.

Β° Brodaman, I don't understand you again. You raised your criticism and it was validly countered. What's your point pls?
Even if I think the ted lasso show is losing the vibe or maybe na me no wait until they finish it. Β°
***Jarchi***

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by CrystalTiger(m): 12:49pm On Apr 12, 2023
"Succession" is now in my G.O.A.T list abeg...

Una sure say na the same HBO wey do this season finale of SUCCESSION still do The Last of Us?...Difference in quality is just too much...

Logan Roy, You're a legend Sir,10/10 in all episodes..
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by zoroby(m): 3:55pm On Apr 12, 2023
Can't wait...

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 4:30pm On Apr 12, 2023
zoroby:
Can't wait...
Season 3 was perfect until the final episode which made everything that came before it seem pointless

I hope they don't make the same mistake in S4...
People on Reddit are already predicting that it follows the same pattern...
And sadly I also think it will...

I just hope I'm proven wrong and we don't get another finale like the S3 finale again

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 5:00pm On Apr 12, 2023
The Continental teaser trailer
(John Wick spinoff series)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XetkHhnBM-s
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by majesticguy: 5:35pm On Apr 12, 2023
Ted Laso S3E5...6.5/10

I see this lady waitress having a strong influence over Nate, I see Nate falling head over heels for her, i see her influencing Nate to go back to his former club Richmond, this i have seen.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 7:10pm On Apr 12, 2023
First look at β€˜RICK & MORTY: THE ANIME’.

The series releases later this year on MAX and Adult Swim.

Not sure why this is called an anime...I don't watch Rick and Morty but the art looks the exact same to me as the original series

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 7:19pm On Apr 12, 2023
The Penguin teaser trailer

I'm honestly not sure who asked for this...
They could have as well just made a crime series with any other Character...

I'll predict it here
They're just banking on the Batman name and they'll probably save a pointless Batman short appearance for fan service at the end of the season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAPifwlWBP0
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 9:14pm On Apr 12, 2023
Good cinematography is always a gift to the eyes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 10:10pm On Apr 12, 2023
ShaqFu:
they should have explored this option first before diving into House of the Dragon, too many spoilers about in House of the Dragon, (no thanks to Joeffrey, the first person to drop a spoiler 😁) Atleast with Aegon's conquest, we won't have a clue as to what's obtainable...

Yea... Aegon's Conquest shoulda been the first.... The story is too top tier to ignore. I don't really mind if they do it before or after. My own is they must adapt that show. I also have this burning itch to see Valyria during their peak before their destruction.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 10:13pm On Apr 12, 2023
Kaycee7:
Good cinematography is always a gift to the eyes

No be "Hells Paradise" be dis??
This scene was OG as fvvk. Everybody boy like WTF!!! Even the Swordsmen wey dey form boss sef shock. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 11:11pm On Apr 12, 2023
Turns out it wasn't that well received....

I always said shït was fishy back then when Prime Video stopped dropping viewership numbers for ROP after week #3 vs HBO's HOTD. 🀨

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by MJBOLT: 11:50pm On Apr 12, 2023
The original plan is to do 5 seasons or so, at this rate it might not even get to a third season.

abduleez1:
Turns out it wasn't that well received....

I always said shït was fishy back then when Prime Video stopped dropping viewership numbers for ROP after week #3 vs HBO's HOTD. 🀨
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by pu7pl3(m): 6:39am On Apr 13, 2023
LordAdam16:

If you can hold off until the end, the payoff will be so worth it.

Episode 3 is the truth tho. HBO doing HBO things.

-Lord

I'll hold off 🀭🀭πŸ₯Ί
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ShaqFu: 7:10am On Apr 13, 2023
abduleez1:

Yea... Aegon's Conquest shoulda been the first.... The story is too top tier to ignore. I don't really mind if they do it before or after. My own is they must adapt that show. I also have this burning itch to see Valyria during their peak before their destruction.
yeah well if I were the directors I won't bother with that, I'd just start when Aegon the conquerer landed in Westeros. That'll be more fun, full of rich stories and alot if action.

What do you think lead to the destruction of Valyria?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 7:38am On Apr 13, 2023
MJBOLT:
The original plan is to do 5 seasons or so, at this rate it might not even get to a third season.

Make we dey look. I still think they'll still continue t0 invest in it. It's the biggest flagship series they have presently in terms of pedigree and fanbase. The only issue is its massive budget although Amazon has pretty deep pockets and they're shooting S2 & 3 back to back to reduce cost.

Putting into perspective that WB is also doing more LOTR movies with an animated movie coming out first next year, things doesn't look all that rosy for Amazon.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 7:46am On Apr 13, 2023
HBO dey flex muscles... Gargantuan Network πŸ˜©πŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 8:06am On Apr 13, 2023
abduleez1:

No be "Hells Paradise" be dis??
This scene was OG as fvvk. Everybody boy like WTF!!! Even the Swordsmen wey dey form boss sef shock. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜
Badass executioner say this one too brutal grin grin

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 8:50am On Apr 13, 2023
ShaqFu:
yeah well if I were the directors I won't bother with that, I'd just start when Aegon the conquerer landed in Westeros. That'll be more fun, full of rich stories and alot if action.

What do you think lead to the destruction of Valyria?

Well, there's always that curiosity to see the Valyrians at their peak that even the Targaryens were minor players. That wonder of how that world could have been and also exploring the war between the Valyrians and the Rhoynars (tho it could be explored in Princess Nymeria project).

There's many theories related to their destruction.
Some say their excessive use of black magic led to their destruction with some experiments gone wrong. Most agree they were decimated by a massive doomday volcanic eruption that wiped out everyone in the region β€” even dragons weren't spared. 😒
Only the Targaryens who had fled the country long before the event after a premonition from Aenys Targaryen survived.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2578) (2579) (2580) (2581) (2582) (2583) (2584) ... (2818) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.