Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2772) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3520460 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2769) (2770) (2771) (2772) (2773) (2774) (2775) ... (2819) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 10:37am On Feb 23
NeoWanZaeed:

The first scene was done well... Aang is naive and the reaction and all is of kids.. same as katara and suko..

It'll take long before they really gets developed into character

By first scene, I meant the Earth Kingdom spy being on the run...

The Air Normads scene was done well...

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Erenjp: 10:46am On Feb 23
NeoWanZaeed:

I don't prefer actions over story. Not really. Kamui story is cool. DC story is good too.. copying marvel might have ruined it.. they added way too much comedy

Except for batman

I'm guessing your preference based on what you seem to like. Kamui hasn't shown much plot yet. Even the first episode was almost entirely action.

There's nothing wrong in having preferences...even me I have mine --- I prefer shows with well defined conflict rather than character journeys or learning
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Cypherhendrix(m): 12:37pm On Feb 23
I know people would have negative things to say bout ATLAB
Truth is that, this is a movie it wouldnt fully adapt to the cartoon, cause the cartoon was all funny and nice but the film shows some dark sides we might not have gotten as a kid then.
1) zuko relationship with his uncle from the death of iroh’s son, it showed how humanly zuko was till ozai burn his face.
2) it showed how azula was also a victim of her father’s psychological abuse and how he demanded too much.
3) showed the Air temple genocide

Can the show improve? Yes sure
Is it a bad show? No it far from it

To be fair most critics are from the OG fan trying to replicate their younger self emotions.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Cypherhendrix(m): 12:38pm On Feb 23
oyaskii:
"The Office US" S3-S5 (2006-2009).

Like a warm hug on a rainy day

I might be having too much fun with this, still kicking myself for starting it so late but it was good i allowed it to marinate properly. Genuinely heartwarming and funny "the right way", a tender breakaway from serious watches and all the tensions this country piles on each day.

On and on to the next season, as i sojourn on to the finish line 😊

9/10.
Please do you have a direct link to download it all?!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Cypherhendrix(m): 12:42pm On Feb 23
Chibudollar:
Resident alien is my go to show, I love that show like mad. Maybe because of the comedy story line and I am very big on comedy. Season 3 here we goooo
Finally someone KNOWS BALL
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Cypherhendrix(m): 12:43pm On Feb 23
THEY EVEN ADDED THIS OG AND IT IS THE OG VOICE ACTOR

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 1:18pm On Feb 23
Cypherhendrix:
Truth is that, this is a movie it wouldnt fully adapt to the cartoon, cause the cartoon was all funny and nice but the film shows some dark sides we might not have gotten as a kid then.
1) zuko relationship with his uncle from the death of iroh’s son, it showed how humanly zuko was till ozai burn his face.
2) it showed how azula was also a victim of her father’s psychological abuse and how he demanded too much.

To be fair most critics are from the OG fan trying to replicate their younger self emotions.
The cartoon depicts 1 & 2 very well. Hell, Azula literally descends into a mental breakdown in the events leading up to and at The Last Agni Kai.

The cartoon was all funny and nice? One of Sokka's love interests dies in the first season. What show were you watching?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 1:47pm On Feb 23
Cypherhendrix:

Finally someone KNOWS BALL
nice to see someone else from here that follows the show.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Segun2222: 3:06pm On Feb 23
NeoWanZaeed:
Halo is the best sci-fi season film out there
any marine who stands with us will not survive the end of the day makes me remember erwin Smith

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 3:31pm On Feb 23
Cypherhendrix:

Please do you have a direct link to download it all?!
Here you go

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UICcmmCRx4MqySNX3fLFxOB8hjjtu7ov/view?usp=drivesdk

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Erenjp: 3:50pm On Feb 23
Segun2222:
any marine who stands with us will not survive the end of the day makes me remember erwin Smith

The GOATED commander.

Btw, I don't know why I haven't started HALO season 2
Everyone is hyping season 2. I enjoyed season 1 but haven't started S2.

Be like say once I'm done with Netflix's Avatar na the next step

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by SOZINN: 4:00pm On Feb 23
Cypherhendrix:

Maybe the cartoon aired when you were 5 or 6.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by armadeo(m): 4:43pm On Feb 23
About tobstart atla.

No matter what they say I'm going to watch it myself.

It's a must.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Cypherhendrix(m): 5:46pm On Feb 23
INTERESTING smiley

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by NeoWanZaeed(m): 6:45pm On Feb 23
Erenjp:

I'm guessing your preference based on what you seem to like. Kamui hasn't shown much plot yet. Even the first episode was almost entirely action.

There's nothing wrong in having preferences...even me I have mine --- I prefer shows with well defined conflict rather than character journeys or learning

Right from the beginning of episode 1.. all about the plot is clear. Just remain lots of background stories... flashback and into the moments.

It's clear.. ninja has their rules. Rules was overtaken and some left. Then hunted for leaving. That's all the plot is about.

Just for us to know the real identity of Logan. Was he best ninja and all
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by NeoWanZaeed(m): 6:46pm On Feb 23
Baddestguyp:

By first scene, I meant the Earth Kingdom spy being on the run...

The Air Normads scene was done well...

Just finished seeing it though. I'm really impressed they merged so many scenes together and wrote better story than the anime

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by NeoWanZaeed(m): 6:47pm On Feb 23
armadeo:
About tobstart atla.

No matter what they say I'm going to watch it myself.

It's a must.

You'll enjoy it.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by NeoWanZaeed(m): 6:48pm On Feb 23
Erenjp:

The GOATED commander.

Btw, I don't know why I haven't started HALO season 2
Everyone is hyping season 2. I enjoyed season 1 but haven't started S2.

Be like say once I'm done with Netflix's Avatar na the next step

He's literally the same as eren. Sacrifice anything for their goal and they only know the pain and shoulder it while most does understand
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Aturitoroman: 7:15pm On Feb 23
NeoWanZaeed:

Just finished seeing it though. I'm really impressed they merged so many scenes together and wrote better story than the anime
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Erenjp: 7:16pm On Feb 23
NeoWanZaeed:

Right from the beginning of episode 1.. all about the plot is clear. Just remain lots of background stories... flashback and into the moments.

It's clear.. ninja has their rules. Rules was overtaken and some left. Then hunted for leaving. That's all the plot is about.

Just for us to know the real identity of Logan. Was he best ninja and all

So far it feels like a generic revenge story...
Like I said, not much has happened...

I'm patient tho
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by NeoWanZaeed(m): 7:19pm On Feb 23
Erenjp:

So far it feels like a generic revenge story...
Like I said, not much has happened...

I'm patient tho

Yep. Revenge.

Starting from killing shinobi head.
I'm suspecting AZUA to be the new power corrupt shinobi works for
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Erenjp: 7:22pm On Feb 23
NeoWanZaeed:

He's literally the same as eren. Sacrifice anything for their goal and they only know the pain and shoulder it while most does understand

Not really...
Erwin knows how to make hard choices to sacrifice for his goals but only when it's the last resort.

Erwin risked his life to stage a bloodless coup in Season 3...He could have been easily executed if Pixis and Zachary didn't side with him...

Even at the end, Erwin saw himself as a conman who led others to their deaths all for dreams of learning the truth about the world...

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Illusioneffect(m): 7:36pm On Feb 23
Baddestguyp:

I just started it...
The first scene had a lot of Amateur acting...but the very next scene - the genocide of the air normads is very well done.

Too early to say
I have been having arguments on Reddit about this series all day.
To compare ATLA animation with this is not worth it because at this point no one can do what the animation did. If they tried to replicate the humor, it'll be worse than it is now.
So I try to compare with other live action like th Last of Us or One Piece; unfortunately, there's no comparison- the story is sooooooo full of shit bro, acting was so baaaad even from the older actors, background sound design was the worst - just insulting

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Erenjp: 7:41pm On Feb 23
Illusioneffect:

To compare ATLA animation with this is not worth it because at this point no one can do what the animation did. If they tried to replicate the humor, it'll be worse than it is now.
So I try to compare with other live action like th Last of Us or One Piece; unfortunately, there's no comparison- the story is sooooooo full of shit bro, acting was so baaaad even from the older actors, background sound design was the worst - just insulting

I'm still at episode 2 so far...but it's not bad so far but rather it feels like a show that wasn't needed. I could as well rewatch the animation...that's how it feels...

It also feels very rushed. The total run time is almost as high as the cartoon and they even cut out parts yet it still feels very rushed.

It certainly feels like a lot was cut out. But it doesn't seem bad so far sha...(at episode 2)

I think people can't recall how season 1 of ATLA was. Season 1 of ATLA was just decent...and it picked up in Season 2...

If season 1 of the source material wasn't even great, how would you expect season 1 of the Netflix show to be great...?
I think they just needed to do a decent season...then we'll know how good the adaptation can be when they adapt season 2 of ATLA which imo is the best season of the source material

Anyway, I'll finish the show to give final thoughts

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by NeoWanZaeed(m): 7:51pm On Feb 23
Illusioneffect:

Lol.
From my side.. everything is perfect.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by NeoWanZaeed(m): 7:52pm On Feb 23
Erenjp:

I'm still at episode 2 so far...but it's not bad so far but rather it feels like a show that wasn't needed. I could as well rewatch the animation...that's how it feels...

It also feels very rushed. The total run time is almost as high as the cartoon and they even cut out parts yet it still feels very rushed.

It certainly feels like a lot was cut out. But it doesn't seem bad so far sha...(at episode 2)

I think people can't recall how season 1 of ATLA was. Season 1 of ATLA was just decent...and it picked up in Season 2...

If season 1 of the source material wasn't even great, how would you expect season 1 of the Netflix show to be great...?
I think they just needed to do a decent season...then we'll know how good the adaptation can be when they adapt season 2 of ATLA which imo is the best season of the source material

It's the cut out part that makes sense...gave original story.. instead of kinda kid story and unnecessary scenes like the one in the animation.

It's perfect for me
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Erenjp: 8:29pm On Feb 23
Erenjp:

Is it just me or are some plotlines combined?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 8:34pm On Feb 23
🎥 In The Land Of Saints And Sinners (2023) = 6/10 ✔️

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 8:35pm On Feb 23
🤣
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by SOZINN: 8:58pm On Feb 23
Illusioneffect:

You haven't compared it to Game of Thrones yet. Thats the main reason for this show. It's supposed to be on par with Game of Thrones.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Erenjp: 9:04pm On Feb 23
SOZINN:

You haven't compared it to Game of Thrones yet. Thats the main reason for this show. It's supposed to be on par with Game of Thrones.

That's an impossible goal...on par with GOT ke

(1) (2) (3) ... (2769) (2770) (2771) (2772) (2773) (2774) (2775) ... (2819) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: rikatrina, Franklinezenwa and 2 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59