Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,956 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2811) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3517707 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2808) (2809) (2810) (2811) (2812) (2813) (2814) ... (2819) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 6:09pm On Apr 22
armadeo:

The same way you see aot is how we see Scrubs. .

I just can't with episodic shows...

Nothing to look forward to... nothing to analyze or theorize about...

Like I said...it's about everyone having a different taste
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 6:42pm On Apr 22
oyaskii:

Scrubs! ❤️.

My fave sitcom of all time, An absolute delight each time i get to re see it, and i never seem to get tired or bored of it lol.

A good friend of mine, sent me all seasons, back in 2014, and ever since then, Bar S9, i think i have ran through all other seasons more than 10 times since then.

Top tier show fr ✨
bookmarked. I love sitcoms

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Dybala11(m): 7:11pm On Apr 22
phr0nesis:

Feel free to call me an id!ot, because as it is, I dislike both series.
You're not an id!ot at all, maybe the series aren't as good as you'll like or you don't really resonate with the themes, maybe the acting weren't too notch.
You see few years ago while I was re-watching the Breaking bad TV series, I literally went bunkers when the alleged reaction mechanism for the production of their "blue meth" was shown on that series. I was in the chemical realm throughout that day. 😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 7:51pm On Apr 22
oyaskii:
Sitcoms are rarely about "plot", as each episode has it's own "plot", and as such you can watch any episode at random after your first run plus most sitcom are about 21 minutes top. The plot most times aren't "head scratchers, so with all these, i believe sitcoms are one of the easiest medias to consume.
Sitcoms and police shows are the peak of home TV entertainment. Back in simpler and freer times, nothing was more fun than turning on cable and being greeted by an episode of Last Man Standing, Modern Family, Law and Order, NCIS or Hawaii Five-0.
Sometimes if you jumped too far, you'd catch a spoiler. Sitcoms were milder as it was usually something romantic, so-and-so are now dating or now have a child. Police show spoilers could be much more jaring. Someone might have died or turned out to be evil.
Will never forget how I jumped into season 8 of Bones and found out Sweets was dead. When the re-run started, Sweets' scenes were hard to watch.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 7:52pm On Apr 22
oyaskii:
The Office US S6 - S8 (2010 - 2012).

More warm hugs on a cloudy day this!

I am totally still enjoying this, albeit it's a bit slowed down , and i think that is expected in sitcoms, as it gradually winds down to the end, the writers begin to have less wiggle room to work and so, some episodes might didn't hit but was still a totally great watch. They threw me a massive curve ball at the end of S7 tho 😩.

I am sadly down to just one more season before i complete the show, so i think am gonna let that last season stew for a while because i am not ready to see the end of this show 😩😅.

Hall of Fame level Sitcom this 👌🏿

8/10.
The screens below are killing me 😂🤣😭

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by hersarhn: 7:52pm On Apr 22
Chibudollar:
bookmarked. I love sitcoms
I'm a huge fan as well
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 7:55pm On Apr 22
oyaskii:

Scrubs! ❤️.

My fave sitcom of all time, An absolute delight each time i get to re see it, and i never seem to get tired or bored of it lol.

A good friend of mine, sent me all seasons, back in 2014, and ever since then, Bar S9, i think i have ran through all other seasons more than 10 times since then.

Top tier show fr ✨
Mine is Friends, followed by The Big Bang Theory and then How I Met Your Mother in 3rd place, though Modern Family is coming to shake up the rankings.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by phr0nesis(m): 8:00pm On Apr 22
Dybala11:

You're not an id!ot at all, maybe the series aren't as good as you'll like or you don't really resonate with the themes, maybe the acting weren't too notch.
You see few years ago while I was re-watching the Breaking bad TV series, I literally went bunkers when the alleged reaction mechanism for the production of their "blue meth" was shown on that series. I was in the chemical realm throughout that day. 😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃
I agree with me not resonating with the themes, but as for the acting, it was excellent. I also didn't care about any of the characters. Apart from Saul Goodman, I hated the rest of the characters.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by phr0nesis(m): 8:05pm On Apr 22
Baddestguyp:

Lol...about AOT. I'm obsessed with the show...
Season 4 blew my mind.

Season 8 of GOT destroyed the show so much that people just stopped talking about GOT...

You should watch 24....the first season is a repititive drag but the show overall is very good...

Neon Genesis too...the first half feels like the typical monster of the week with some character study...
Till you later start getting reveals that turn the show around...

By the final movie - End of Evangelion, it becomes so complex that it's still getting dissected for over 20 years
I'm not sure I can watch Neon, but 24 has been on my mind for some time
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GloriousGbola: 8:22pm On Apr 22
Kaycee7:
Mine is Friends, followed by The Big Bang Theory and then How I Met Your Mother in 3rd place, though Modern Family is coming to shake up the rankings.

taking away your nerd pass angry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-hUV9yhqgY

no love for silicon valley - the REAL nerd show angry cry

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 8:28pm On Apr 22
GloriousGbola:

taking away your nerd pass angry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-hUV9yhqgY

no love for silicon valley - the REAL nerd show angry cry
Taking away YOUR nerd pass. Everyone knows The Big Bang Theory is the undisputed nerd show
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:28pm On Apr 22
phr0nesis:

Feel free to call me an id!ot, because as it is, I dislike both series.

Personally I think Better Call Saul is as good or even better than Breaking Bad...

I certainly enjoyed it more than Breaking Bad...

Seasons 1 and 2 of Breaking Bad were a snorefest...
Had to take about 2 years break...from season 3, it became really good...

The only issue I had with Better Call Saul were some visual storytelling... specifically the black and white scenes...I hated them....

I understood the visual storytelling they represented but I still hated them...it got to a point that I began to fast forward every scene in Black and White...

There are better ways to pass the message about future Saul's bleak life than using those...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 8:29pm On Apr 22
Kaycee7:
Sitcoms and police shows are the peak of home TV entertainment. Back in simpler and freer times, nothing was more fun than turning on cable and being greeted by an episode of Last Man Standing, Modern Family, Law and Order, NCIS or Hawaii Five-0.
Sometimes if you jumped too far, you'd catch a spoiler. Sitcoms were milder as it was usually something romantic, so-and-so are now dating or now have a child. Police show spoilers could be much more jaring. Someone might have died or turned out to be evil.
Will never forget how I jumped into season 8 of Bones and found out Sweets was dead. When the re-run started, Sweets' scenes were hard to watch.
damnnnn. I have forgotten all about bones. Was my shittt back then. Bones, Fringe, Hawaii 5-0 , what is that unending medical drama show? Thank God I stopped. Simpler times 😃
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 8:29pm On Apr 22
Chibudollar:
damnnnn. I have forgotten all about bones. Was my shittt back then. Bones, Fringe, Hawaii 5-0 , what is that unending medical drama show? Thank God I stopped. Simpler times 😃
Grey's Anatomy?

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:29pm On Apr 22
phr0nesis:

I'm not sure I can watch Neon, but 24 has been on my mind for some time

Neon Genesis Evangelion is one of the best shows I've ever watched...

By the End of Evangelion, you'll be amazed
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 8:30pm On Apr 22
Bring back 45 minutes 22 episodes per season shows. Enough of this 10 episodes nonsense
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 8:30pm On Apr 22
Kaycee7:
Grey's Anatomy?
yesss. Thank God I stopped watching
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:31pm On Apr 22
Chibudollar:
Bring back 45 minutes 22 episodes per season shows. Enough of this 10 episodes nonsense

I'd rather take 10 Episodes of Canon content that drives the story forward...
Than 22 episodes of pointless filler whereby only 6 episodes are actually important

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GloriousGbola: 8:32pm On Apr 22
Kaycee7:
Taking away YOUR nerd pass. Everyone knows The Big Bang Theory is the undisputed nerd show

They call it the big bang theory because that is all it is

The theory that a hard nerd like leonard can bang a hot chick like penny angry grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 8:34pm On Apr 22
Baddestguyp:

I'd rather take 10 Episodes of Canon content that drives the story forward...
Than 22 episodes of pointless filler whereby only 6 episodes are actually important
But these 10 episodes shows always kinda feel rushed to me, you don't even have the time to fall in love with some certain characters. Boom season 1 done.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GloriousGbola: 8:35pm On Apr 22
Chibudollar:

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 8:35pm On Apr 22
GloriousGbola:

The theory that a hard nerd like leonard can bang a hot chick like penny angry grin
Rarely happens. Not impossible sha
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 8:39pm On Apr 22
Hope I wasn't the only one watching this back then?

4 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GloriousGbola: 8:40pm On Apr 22
Who has watched orphan black?

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GloriousGbola: 8:41pm On Apr 22
Chibudollar:
Hope I wasn't the only one watching this back then?

I have downloaded the entire series but don't know when I will find time to binge it
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by NeoWanZaeed(m): 8:42pm On Apr 22
Someone should download Alienoid 2 and drop review o
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 8:43pm On Apr 22
GloriousGbola:

I have downloaded the entire series but don't know when I will find time to binge it
I really enjoyed watching it

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 8:45pm On Apr 22
GloriousGbola:
Who has watched orphan black?
I have, won't lie it was a bit confusing back then, due to 1 person playing different characters. But you might like it
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GloriousGbola: 8:45pm On Apr 22
Justified

Name a better love story than raylan givens and Boyd crowder

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GloriousGbola: 8:45pm On Apr 22
Chibudollar:
I have, won't lie it was a bit confusing back then, due to 1 person playing different characters. But you might like it

I loved the hell out of that show.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GloriousGbola: 8:47pm On Apr 22
Below is the meme that made me check out the boys!

Diabolical!

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 8:50pm On Apr 22
GloriousGbola:

Leonard scored too many hot chicks, at some point our suspension of disbelief couldn't handle it anymore

(1) (2) (3) ... (2808) (2809) (2810) (2811) (2812) (2813) (2814) ... (2819) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: WriiterNg and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.