Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2812) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3518184 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2809) (2810) (2811) (2812) (2813) (2814) (2815) ... (2819) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 8:51pm On Apr 22
GloriousGbola:

Walter hard carried this show ngl
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by NeoWanZaeed(m): 8:52pm On Apr 22
GloriousGbola:
Below is the meme that made me check out the boys!

Diabolical!

Fukin diabolical grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 8:52pm On Apr 22
Chibudollar:
Hope I wasn't the only one watching this back then?
Nope. Whole lodge was watching it back in Uni. Meself fell off after season 2. First place I saw Taraji before Empire blew her

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 8:54pm On Apr 22
GloriousGbola:
Who has watched orphan black?
Was on the ol' watch list for some time. Then life happened
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:21pm On Apr 22
Started Fallout.

I'm at Episode 2 so far...
Seems pretty average...and not a good introduction for someone who doesn't know anything about the games...

And I absolutely hate the music...

But I heard the show gets very much better later on so I'm sticking out
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Silentgroper(m): 9:27pm On Apr 22
Percival9:
cheesy cool

my MARIKO-SAMA
she's finer in Shogun than in monarchs ... Is it just me??

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Silentgroper(m): 9:32pm On Apr 22
Chibudollar:
Bring back 45 minutes 22 episodes per season shows. Enough of this 10 episodes nonsense
nope .. I prefer it 1hr 22ep per season..
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 9:37pm On Apr 22
๐Ÿ“บ๐Ÿฟ

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 10:06pm On Apr 22
Baddestguyp:
Started Fallout.

I'm at Episode 2 so far...
Seems pretty average...and not a good introduction for someone who doesn't know anything about the games...

And I absolutely hate the music...

But I heard the show gets very much better later on so I'm sticking out

At Episode 3 now and the show seems to be getting better now
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 10:56pm On Apr 22
Kaycee7:
Sitcoms and police shows are the peak of home TV entertainment. Back in simpler and freer times, nothing was more fun than turning on cable and being greeted by an episode of Last Man Standing, Modern Family, Law and Order, NCIS or Hawaii Five-0.
Sometimes if you jumped too far, you'd catch a spoiler. Sitcoms were milder as it was usually something romantic, so-and-so are now dating or now have a child. Police show spoilers could be much more jaring. Someone might have died or turned out to be evil.
Will never forget how I jumped into season 8 of Bones and found out Sweets was dead. When the re-run started, Sweets' scenes were hard to watch.
Exactly! Sitcoms are more milder to see, hence a much higher replay value than any other genre. Serialised TV these days have become lazy somewhat all together, with thier 10 episodes gimmick, so Sitcoms have become a "dying breed" due to this, cuz i don't really see how a proper sitcom would work inside of 10 measley episodes.

Back then, a proper sitcom season would have like a 26 episode season, where you are guaranteed a Christmas episode, a valentine episode, an Halloween episode and sometimes a "big reveal or ceremony" two episodes special!. Mann those where the days.

lol yeah, the spoilers for sitcoms hit quite hard, currently seeing "The Office" now, i was randomly going through YouTube one night, and bam!, YouTube algorithm suggested vid of the faith of 2 particular characters in the final season, whilst i was still in S6, never looked at them the same way again ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 11:06pm On Apr 22
Kaycee7:
Mine is Friends, followed by The Big Bang Theory and then How I Met Your Mother in 3rd place, though Modern Family is coming to shake up the rankings.
Friends is one of the very good ones!, it's like 3rd on my list currently My current top 3 goes....Scrubs > Seinfeld> Friends.

Have Modern Family and TBBT lined up right after my current watch, can't believe i haven't seen these 2, especially TBBT, considering how popular it was at one time.

"HIMYM" went way down the perking order for me, with that Barney and Robin stunt they pulled towards the end, they totally lost me with that. I heard they rebooted it, but that failed to launch.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by phr0nesis(m): 11:11pm On Apr 22
Baddestguyp:

Personally I think Better Call Saul is as good or even better than Breaking Bad...

I certainly enjoyed it more than Breaking Bad...

Seasons 1 and 2 of Breaking Bad were a snorefest...
Had to take about 2 years break...from season 3, it became really good...

The only issue I had with Better Call Saul were some visual storytelling... specifically the black and white scenes...I hated them....

I understood the visual storytelling they represented but I still hated them...it got to a point that I began to fast forward every scene in Black and White...

There are better ways to pass the message about future Saul's bleak life than using those...
Saul Goodman was the only character I liked in Breaking Bad. That was the reason I watched season 1 and 2 of Better Call Saul.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 11:20pm On Apr 22
oyaskii:
Exactly! Sitcoms are more milder to see, hence a much higher replay value than any other genre. Serialised TV these days have become lazy somewhat all together, with thier 10 episodes gimmick, so Sitcoms have become a "dying breed" due to this, cuz i don't really see how a proper sitcom would work inside of 10 measley episodes.

Back then, a proper sitcom season would have like a 26 episode season, where you are guaranteed a Christmas episode, a valentine episode, an Halloween episode and sometimes a "big reveal or ceremony" two episodes special!. Mann those where the days.

lol yeah, the spoilers for sitcoms hit quite hard, currently seeing "The Office" now, i was randomly going through YouTube one night, and bam!, YouTube algorithm suggested vid of the faith of 2 particular characters in the final season, whilst i was still in S6, never looked at them the same way again ๐Ÿ˜ฉ
Reason why i can never understand when some people say spoilers don't affect the movie they watch, like what's the point when you already know

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 11:25pm On Apr 22
Chibudollar:
Reason why i can never understand when some people say spoilers don't affect the movie they watch, like what's the point when you already know
lol It depends sha, i have a friend that weirdly, check the Wikipedia of flicks he is about to see, to get a fill of how it ends. He does same with books too.

But you see me, i avoid spoilers as much as i can cuz it ruins the experience. I saw #ShรดgunFX trending on X this evening, and i have actually gone ahead to restrict network access to the app for the next 3 days ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 1:13am On Apr 23
phr0nesis:

No matter how much I love a series, I can't watch it twice. I can rewatch a few scenes, but the entire series? No no. Baba you try
I liked the first 5 episodes, but the last 3 fell flat (IMO)
Lol well that's you so it's understandable but these are the series i have watched twice from starting to ending, all seasons.
The originals.
Legend of the seeker.
Secret circle.
Witches of the east end.
Spartacus.
Merlin.

I think series over the years have changed drastically and doesn't give enough time for the audience to fall completely in love with the casts and that has made people to watch a series just once and forget about the series then move to another.

Back in the days, a single character or few characters in a series can make you go back to re-watch the entire series again, just because you fell in love with a character.
For example, i have re watched the originals more than 5 times simply because Klaus Michealson became the actor i like the most, i just fell for his acting in the originals and with some outstanding characters like Elijah, Rebekah and the rest.

I keep going back to watch legend of the seeker because of the mother Confessor. I can tell you for a fact that i fell in love with that woman, till today my affection for her never wavers, i am crazy about her.
My point is that series nowadays are being rushed and they give no time for character development and for the audience to fall in love with the casts.

If you ask anybody in this group, which of the series they can watch again, they will all mention old series and this is why you see that many people, especially teenagers are crazy about Korea actresses and actors, it's because they give room for character development.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by armadeo(m): 8:43am On Apr 23
Kaycee7:
Mine is Friends, followed by The Big Bang Theory and then How I Met Your Mother in 3rd place, though Modern Family is coming to shake up the rankings.

How could I forget this.

Legend....wait for it. ....dary.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by phr0nesis(m): 9:22am On Apr 23
OhBritannia:
Lol well that's you so it's understandable but these are the series i have watched twice from starting to ending, all seasons.
The originals.
Legend of the seeker.
Secret circle.
Witches of the east end.
Spartacus.
Merlin.

I think series over the years have changed drastically and doesn't give enough time for the audience to fall completely in love with the casts and that has made people to watch a series just once and forget about the series then move to another.

Back in the days, a single character or few characters in a series can make you go back to re-watch the entire series again, just because you fell in love with a character.
For example, i have re watched the originals more than 5 times simply because Klaus Michealson became the actor i like the most, i just fell for his acting in the originals and with some outstanding characters like Elijah, Rebekah and the rest.

I keep going back to watch legend of the seeker because of the mother Confessor. I can tell you for a fact that i fell in love with that woman, till today my affection for her never wavers, i am crazy about her.
My point is that series nowadays are being rushed and they give no time for character development and for the audience to fall in love with the casts.

If you ask anybody in this group, which of the series they can watch again, they will all mention old series and this is why you see that many people, especially teenagers are crazy about Korea actresses and actors, it's because they give room for character development.

I had little interest in Mother Confessor, my preference was for that Mord sith lady (I can't remember her name). She was the reason why I even started watching the series.

You are right about the oldies. I the rewatchable lists I've seen so far, the majority has been older series.

I think I can actually watch Spartacus twice
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 9:48am On Apr 23
Shogun episode 10 โœ… spoilers can come in grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 11:16am On Apr 23
I laugh at people like this, Because how'd you miss a great show/movie because all you want to see is people fighting

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 11:25am On Apr 23
oyaskii:
Friends is one of the very good ones!, it's like 3rd on my list currently My current top 3 goes....Scrubs > Seinfeld> Friends.

Have Modern Family and TBBT lined up right after my current watch, can't believe i haven't seen these 2, especially TBBT, considering how popular it was at one time.

"HIMYM" went way down the perking order for me, with that Barney and Robin stunt they pulled towards the end, they totally lost me with that. I heard they rebooted it, but that failed to launch.
HIMYM still manages to hold the 3rd position because I haven't been able to bring myself to watch the final season for years now. Someday I'll get around to seeing it to fulfill all obligations.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 11:26am On Apr 23
armadeo:

How could I forget this.

Legend....wait for it. ....dary.
Barney Stinson is undisputably one of the greatest characters ever created.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 12:12pm On Apr 23
Chibudollar:
Shogun episode 10 โœ… spoilers can come in grin

Make una wait oh, obligatory 24 hours after airing. Na beg I dey. I just dey download now, when I get home I'd see it.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Silentgroper(m): 12:23pm On Apr 23
nani667:
๐Ÿ“บ๐Ÿฟ
wtf!!!

grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Silentgroper(m): 12:23pm On Apr 23
Achilles100:

Make una wait oh, obligatory 24 hours after airing. Na beg I dey. I just dey download now, when I get home I'd see it.
seconded ...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Silentgroper(m): 12:33pm On Apr 23
OhBritannia:
The originals.
Legend of the seeker.
Secret circle.
Witches of the east end.
Spartacus.
Merlin.

As for me .. harry Potter, all parts

LOTR all parts

Naked weapon

DOA .. dear or alive ..

Fall of the house of usher( I recently just seen this one again)

Wheel of time

Avatar(the ways of the water) .. I have seen this twice apart from the 1st time I saw it ..

Now you see me - All parts ...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Silentgroper(m): 12:35pm On Apr 23
Chibudollar:
It increase the appetite to see that particular movie or series ..

Like it just makes you so eager to want to ..

Well it's different strokes for different folks ..
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by TheStrongest: 1:01pm On Apr 23
Shogun!
I have nothing to say...

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Illusioneffect(m): 1:52pm On Apr 23
Shogun is the kind of series you think is going somewhere but never does
A perfect 7/10 series great characters, decent writing but no epic finale for you
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Illusioneffect(m): 1:58pm On Apr 23
OhBritannia:
The originals.
Legend of the seeker.
Secret circle.
Witches of the east end.
Spartacus.
Merlin.

You're so effing right!! There're so many series you could watch over and over again and it gets better every time.
Korean series are so rewatchable too. Series like boys before flowers, City Hunter and heirs are the standard for rewatchability
Series I've rewatched over and over again is definitely Game of Thrones, I've rewatched this like a thousand times and plan to rewatch when house of the Dragon comes out.
Another of mine is
Bridgerton (no Diddy)
Better Call Saul
The Boys
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 3:33pm On Apr 23
I just can't bring myself to hate Yabushige. The ultimate GOAT ๐Ÿ˜‚

4 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 4:14pm On Apr 23
Illusioneffect:
Shogun is the kind of series you think is going somewhere but never does
A perfect 7/10 series great characters, decent writing but no epic finale for you

Lol...

Everyone expected an epic battle finale...even me...
But the war had already been won... without him lifting a sword...

Now I finally understand why the previous Episode was titled "Crimson Sky"...
Because that was when the actual plan was concluded...

What an army could not do, he sent a woman to do it...

Still thought they could have extended the Episode and fit in a battle tho...
At the end of the day...he didn't have to say it himself, but he always wanted to be shogun
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 4:33pm On Apr 23
๐ŸŽฅ My Spy (2020) = 5/10 โœ”๏ธ โค๏ธ

(1) (2) (3) ... (2809) (2810) (2811) (2812) (2813) (2814) (2815) ... (2819) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.