Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,368 members, 7,861,015 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:59 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2827) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3585420 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2824) (2825) (2826) (2827) (2828) (2829) (2830) ... (2837) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 12:59pm On May 21
On the subject of, If HBO makes good mini series.

And i am here to categorically state that, they birthed this genre of series.

If you hear HBO and mini series in the same sentence, just know, it's going to be a banger, They hardly ever miss.

Next time you see an HBO produced mini series, don't think, don't doubt....Just watch ⭐👍🏿

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 1:58pm On May 21
So there's a backstory to the design of Giyu's cloak. Was not expecting that.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 1:59pm On May 21
This niggá just full of surprises in this episode

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DaveDave001: 4:17pm On May 21
oh i assure you, you would come to hate this show lol
the writers are idiots
NeoWanZaeed:
Escape of the seven.

Interesting
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 5:46pm On May 21

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 5:47pm On May 21
😉

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 7:50pm On May 21
oyaskii:
Okay Good. As long as no nobody is trigger happy to nuke anybody or thing, I'm good

Yess! Solar Energy seems like the best possibility for better and stable power solution here, most especially because we are in a tropical zone but as usual the government is not proactive. We still rely on structures built years ago for power. To put things in perspective, China's average power production is currently about 600 million terawatts whilst we, this hell hole of a country produces, a meagre 5000 megawatts, meaning, China produces about 118 million times the power we produce, and that 5000 megawatts is on a good day on cuz most times it drops, that's the amount of power that the government expects about 200m plus people to use to progress 😩. The funny thing is that Most of China's power is generated from coal, which we have abundantly here, infact go to some places in Enugu, before you dig 3ft, you are already swimming in coal!, but we have bums as leaders.

Without constant Power, you can't grow a "genuine wealthy" economy, it is simply not possible. During my post grad, my food chemistry Professor used to tell us, how he kept meat samples at a particular subzero temperature at a lab in Michigan state University, and he went back years after, the meat samples were still intact years after, just like he had left them!, in contrast, i kept my research samples in my department's lab freezer, only to come back to spoilt samples, some few weeks after because no constant power and the gen they have can't power the freezer.

Bro, I can't stress it enough, i genuinely hate it here 😩😭.

I'm not sure about your China production numbers. I'm doubtful of the 600mn terrawatts. Edit: seems you're right. China has over 1mn megawatts of production. Almost 2 million now sef.

It's a shame man. Even if you minus China's coal energy capacity...the solar energy electricity capacity alone is hundreds of thousands greater than that of Nigeria. Not to talk of other renewables like wind and Geothermal energy.

Nigeria has about 15,000MW of electricity capacity but the one we can send to the grid is limited to 5,000. If we send more than that the entire grid collapsed cos as you said they were built and designed 4-5 decades ago. You become dazzled when you hear tales of Nigeria exporting power to neighbouring countries and you think it's a joke especially with our epileptic supply.

The grid needs total overhaul. I still don't get how the govt is more concerned about roads and rail than power supply. Even gas investments is looking way more important than even electricity. 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️This Coastal road brouhaha is another funny thing. If that money is invested in the grid, the effects to the economy would be threefold compared to that planned road. It's a good project but the timing and priorities seems misplaced.
The way our grid has embarrassed us in the last two years you would think they'd muster all focus to it. But the investments in the Power still looks to be the old initiatives from Buhari with the Siemens deal. I see no reason why they can't use some of those Chinese loans to fund electricity expansion of the Grid and improvement.

As you observed we are not a serious country to be honest. Nigeria just commissioned a 700MW hydro dam and another 30MW hydro few months ago. And I'm sure those projects took about six years to delivery date. If they spent that on Solar or coal as you said which is way cheaper we would be considerably better off.
One funny thing I noticed Nigeria and other Africans doing is agreeing with the West with their misguided plan to move the whole world to renewables. These countries have already gotten way passed their industrial revolution and used fossils to build their economic power, now they've polluted the world and expecting others to tow the line of their Climate Change Agenda.
I still find their funny antics at bastardising fossils like oil and gas funny. Come 2040 we'll still be much tethered to fossils regardless of the promise of renewables.

The Rural Electrification Agency (REA) focused on electricity for suburban places and the unserved communites in Nigeria. They've been driving solar energy for their jurisdiction but If you look at their masterplan, there's no plan for massive large scale Photovoltaic energy. It's just small individual households rooftop Electrification they are bothered with.
With all the investments over the years I never even see at least a solar project with at least 100MW capacity. How do you take these people serious.

Having stable power alone, the added costs to manufacturing will reduce, hence prices of goods and services are reduced. Then there's quality of life and improved standard of living. The effects are massive but these people are unserious.

I recently partook in a project with a movie production in Nigeria with British backing, instead of delivering project in about two to three weeks of wrap up, because of the very worse electricity supply these period I'm now taking six weeks to deliver videos. Foolish country and misguided leaders everywhere.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by IngeniousLeez: 8:23pm On May 21
Kaycee7:
Why is HBO Max this petty? It's not even been 24 hours since Amazon dropped the Rings of Power S2 trailer 😂🤣😭

Damn, how come I missed this? 😢

It's just 1 hour that separated both trailers. I thought I was the only one who noticed it. grin grin HBO dey craze walahi.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by IngeniousLeez: 8:24pm On May 21
pu7pl3:

I thought Galadriel found out the human was Sauron in S1? Wtf am I seeing here?

Yep, it's Sauron. Heard it's hair colour change. It's still the same actor. Sauron can change shape and look I think. So he can look like elf.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by IngeniousLeez: 8:25pm On May 21
Carlylepneuma:
Wen is d date of release tho?

It's in June 16.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by IngeniousLeez: 8:25pm On May 21
Cc oyaskii

I was nabb£d.. grin grin

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by NeoWanZaeed(m): 9:22pm On May 21
DaveDave001:
the writers are idiots

I don hate them now..lol.. you garrit.. the film should have ended. Their plot twist and suspense would just be trashy now
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 9:27pm On May 21
The Veil

This story don dey get hole oh. Imogen saw the captain of the ship and couldn't even report that this person is in cahoots with Adilah? Despite knowing that this person is on list of suspected terrorists.

Not the Americans, not the French? Abegi.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Floki737: 9:24am On May 22
Chibudollar:
They are just acting bla bla blah. Dey whine yourself o. You see them French kiss on TV. But yeah ACTING 😂 and BTW this is Zendaya

Name of series?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by pu7pl3(m): 1:57pm On May 22
IngeniousLeez:

Yep, it's Sauron. Heard it's hair colour change. It's still the same actor. Sauron can change shape and look I think. So he can look like elf.

Mtchew
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 3:12pm On May 22
IngeniousLeez:
Cc oyaskii

I was nabb£d.. grin grin
So sorry for the nabbing man 😩.

Lol i didn't put Lovecraft County because I haven't actually seen it 🫣. It's one of those shows, i thought i will eventually get to but i never got around to it.

Brotherly, how many shows/movies pesin wan watch for this lifetime sef? I have had a good run of seeing shows and films in the last 2 months or so, but i opened my HDD and discovered i haven't even scratched the surface of the things i need to see, and more keeps dropping everyday...i don tire 😩

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abba190: 6:37pm On May 22
abduleez1:

I'm not sure about your China production numbers. I'm doubtful of the 600mn terrawatts. Edit: seems you're right. China has over 1mn megawatts of production. Almost 2 million now sef.

It's a shame man. Even if you minus China's coal energy capacity...the solar energy electricity capacity alone is hundreds of thousands greater than that of Nigeria. Not to talk of other renewables like wind and Geothermal energy.

Nigeria has about 15,000MW of electricity capacity but the one we can send to the grid is limited to 5,000. If we send more than that the entire grid collapsed cos as you said they were built and designed 4-5 decades ago. You become dazzled when you hear tales of Nigeria exporting power to neighbouring countries and you think it's a joke especially with our epileptic supply.

The grid needs total overhaul. I still don't get how the govt is more concerned about roads and rail than power supply. Even gas investments is looking way more important than even electricity. 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️This Coastal road brouhaha is another funny thing. If that money is invested in the grid, the effects to the economy would be threefold compared to that planned road. It's a good project but the timing and priorities seems misplaced.
The way our grid has embarrassed us in the last two years you would think they'd muster all focus to it. But the investments in the Power still looks to be the old initiatives from Buhari with the Siemens deal. I see no reason why they can't use some of those Chinese loans to fund electricity expansion of the Grid and improvement.

As you observed we are not a serious country to be honest. Nigeria just commissioned a 700MW hydro dam and another 30MW hydro few months ago. And I'm sure those projects took about six years to delivery date. If they spent that on Solar or coal as you said which is way cheaper we would be considerably better off.
One funny thing I noticed Nigeria and other Africans doing is agreeing with the West with their misguided plan to move the whole world to renewables. These countries have already gotten way passed their industrial revolution and used fossils to build their economic power, now they've polluted the world and expecting others to tow the line of their Climate Change Agenda.
I still find their funny antics at bastardising fossils like oil and gas funny. Come 2040 we'll still be much tethered to fossils regardless of the promise of renewables.

The Rural Electrification Agency (REA) focused on electricity for suburban places and the unserved communites in Nigeria. They've been driving solar energy for their jurisdiction but If you look at their masterplan, there's no plan for massive large scale Photovoltaic energy. It's just small individual households rooftop Electrification they are bothered with.
With all the investments over the years I never even see at least a solar project with at least 100MW capacity. How do you take these people serious.

Having stable power alone, the added costs to manufacturing will reduce, hence prices of goods and services are reduced. Then there's quality of life and improved standard of living. The effects are massive but these people are unserious.

I recently partook in a project with a movie production in Nigeria with British backing, instead of delivering project in about two to three weeks of wrap up, because of the very worse electricity supply these period I'm now taking six weeks to deliver videos. Foolish country and misguided leaders everywhere.
grin i don give up for Nigeria since
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 6:43pm On May 22
🎥 Monster (2023) = 5/10 ✔️ ❤️

Weird and boring 💤 movie.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 6:45pm On May 22
🎥 Sugar S01 (2024) = 7/10 ✔️ ❤️

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by genaro2000(m): 8:04pm On May 22
Please where can I download this series named “The Borgias”
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 11:23pm On May 22
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by geezyk(m): 12:52am On May 23
This Apple+ TV series DARK is actually messing with my head. What if people we all thought are mental are people that have been replaced with their other. Cos sometimes they talk about their own reality, and we dismiss it cos it's not a part of our own reality.

These kind series na wetin I wan dey watch now, atleast I can be hiding inside these theories.

Can anyone recommend other series like this for me.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by tamdun: 8:52am On May 23
geezyk:
This Apple+ TV series DARK is actually messing with my head. What if people we all thought are mental are people that have been replaced with their other. Cos sometimes they talk about their own reality, and we dismiss it cos it's not a part of our own reality.

These kind series na wetin I wan dey watch now, atleast I can be hiding inside these theories.

Enjoying the show
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Laycoln(m): 10:27am On May 23
DaveDave001:
the writers are idiots
those rubbish writers ever, the show started off very well but ended in rubbish, the same writer with The Penthouse, None of them deserved a happy ending especially that stupid girl Han Mone
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by blingxx(m): 10:59am On May 23
Boy kills world 7.5/10

John wick inspired all this movies, if you have seen monkey man too.. This movie surprisingly good the plot twist makes it better

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 11:45am On May 23
geezyk:

You mean Dark Matter. Currently enjoying it. A show that had the same kind of premise but for some reasons I dont know, it was cancelled after the first season is Constellations. Still from Apple TV.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 11:47am On May 23
The final season of Evil is now airing. cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oteskimena(m): 3:09pm On May 23
drisham:
Please can someone recommend series as good as cobra Kai please
please do you have telegram channel link for series?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oteskimena(m): 3:12pm On May 23
Achilles100:
The final season of Evil is now airing. cry cry cry cry
please telegram channel link 🙏🏽
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 5:22pm On May 23
oteskimena:
please telegram channel link 🙏🏽

I don't use telegram oh. psa dot wf

(1) (2) (3) ... (2824) (2825) (2826) (2827) (2828) (2829) (2830) ... (2837) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: bugatti453(m), ositadima1(m), Gr8lex(m), amehrada and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.