Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,368 members, 7,812,054 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / . (2410 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Penocruize: 1:12pm On Aug 20, 2021
Re: . by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:48pm On Aug 20, 2021
I have debunked this countless times. Web development is not saturated and can never ever be. The guys who parade themselves as web developers are just wordpress theme installers. They can't even build those themes from scratch neither do they know how to modify it. It's so annoying and a lot of younglings are believing this crap and web development is not easy. Do you know what it takes to build websites like Google and Facebook complete with frontend and backend functionalities. You think it's beans.

As for people you see learning IT skills, we just make it easy for every hundred that venture into it only five will become successful. It's not as easy as being talked about here.

11 Likes

Re: . by Penocruize: 2:16pm On Aug 20, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
I have debunked this countless times. Web development is not saturated and can never ever be. The guys who parade themselves as web developers are just wordpress theme installers. They can't even build those themes from scratch neither do they know how to modify it. It's so annoying and a lot of younglings are believing this crap and web development is not easy. Do you know what it takes to build websites like Google and Facebook complete with frontend and backend functionalities. You think it's beans.

As for people you see learning IT skills, we just make it easy for every hundred that venture into it only five will become successful. It's not as easy as being talked about here.
I never undermined web programing
get the gist, both web, data science and other fields are gradually getting saturated. sadly, that's a reality

Web programing might not be easy, but compared to artificial intelligence I bet no....... I started coding at the age of 16, my first stack was web development as it often seen as the easy starter norms for very aspiring newbie programmer. I wrote all my web codes ranging from HTML,CSS, JavaScript, PHP , mySQL, where written from scratch...no library or use of any frame work..... my animations, displays, and interactivity where all written from scratch, I built awesome stuffs back then when I was into web...... I think it's easy to start from web.......it's mostly stepping stone for people.... but other fields like software programming and AI etc is often mentally demanding as more knowledge of mathematics for big computations is needed.

In general, the IT SECTOR will one day be saturated! and the salt of it taste will be jeopardize! only time...... you yourself creates more awareness and more will delve into it.....
Re: . by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:28pm On Aug 20, 2021
Penocruize:

I never undermined web programing
get the gist, both web, data science and other fields are gradually getting saturated. sadly, that's a reality

Web programing might not be easy, but compared to artificial intelligence I bet no....... I started coding at the age of 16, my first stack was web development as it often seen as the easy starter norms for very aspiring newbie programmer. I wrote all my web codes ranging from HTML,CSS, JavaScript, PHP , mySQL, where written from scratch...no library or use of any frame work..... my animations, displays, and interactivity where all written from scratch, I built awesome stuffs back then when I was into web...... I think it's easy to start from web.......it's mostly stepping stone for people.... but other fields like software programming and AI etc is often mentally demanding as more knowledge of mathematics for big computations is needed.

In general, the IT SECTOR will one day be saturated! and the salt of it taste will be jeopardize! only time...... you yourself creates more awareness and more will delve into it.....
One thing you need to understand is that as technology improves, they would be more IT fields. As of 2008, there was nothing like blockchain development. Today it's one of the fastest growing fields. Even web development has changed so much. There didn't even use to be any JavaScript frameworks like ten years ago and see what is happening today. Can you compare mobile development in 2004 on Symbian and java phones to what we have today. Trust me everything we are doing today will be completely changed in the next 10 years.

Mathematics can be learnt. If I was Interested in AI and want to know advanced mathematics there's so many amazing courses and apps like brilliant. We fear mathematics in Nigeria so much because of how we are taught. If you were taught mathematics like a child in Japan you will never fear it.

IT field can never be saturated ever. Forget it. It can't happen.

9 Likes

Re: . by plat0: 2:42pm On Aug 20, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

One thing you need to understand is that as technology improves, they would be more IT fields. As of 2008, there was nothing like blockchain development. Today it's one of the fastest growing fields. Even web development has changed so much. There didn't even use to be any JavaScript frameworks like ten years ago and see what is happening today. Can you compare mobile development in 2004 on Symbian and java phones to what we have today. Trust me everything we are doing today will be completely changed in the next 10 years.

Mathematics can be learnt. If I was Interested in AI and want to know advanced mathematics there's so many amazing courses and apps like brilliant. We fear mathematics in Nigeria so much because of how we are taught. If you were taught mathematics like a child in Japan you will never fear it.

IT field can never be saturated ever. Forget it. It can't happen.
Bro, it's getting saturated, the barrier of entry is low, more than half of my course mates code(That's just one engineering department in a federal school). I'm already working on specializing in a niche that is not renowned and you do a lot of publicity for web development on nairaland, nairaland as a platform has a far reaching effect on carrier choices in Nigeria.

Do you have an idea of the number of persons that signed up for HNG internship? undecided

1 Like

Re: . by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:46pm On Aug 20, 2021
plat0:
Bro, it's getting saturated, the barrier of entry is low, more than half of my course mates code(That's just one engineering department in a federal school). I'm already working on specializing in a niche that is not renowned and you do a lot of publicity for web development on nairaland, nairaland as a platform has a far reaching effect on carrier choices in Nigeria.

Do have an idea of the number of persons that signed up for HNG internship? undecided
Most of then can't code shit trust me. Out of those that signed up for hng go and see how many Complete it less than 50. I have someone I know personally he has been on this various forms of bootcamps like hng and Zuri since 2017. He cant code HTML. He even posted on his Facebook that he has joined another bootcamp that's 4 years from bootcamp to bootcamp. You see them on social media and you feel everyone is doing the same thing Lori iro.

I also did engineering and C and C++ were our core courses. All we spent a semester learning was how to declare variable and write simple functions to add two numbers and such. Absolutely everyone today that graduated in my set does not remember how to declare a variable in C or C++. Social media gives a very false illusion of something.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by plat0: 3:00pm On Aug 20, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Most of then can't code shit trust me. Out of those that signed up for hng go and see how many Complete it less than 50. I have someone I know personally he has been on this various forms of bootcamps like hng and Zuri since 2017. He cant code HTML. He even posted on his Facebook that he has joined another bootcamp that's 4 years from bootcamp to bootcamp. You see them on social media and you feel everyone is doing the same thing Lori iro.

I also did engineering and C and C++ were our core courses. All we spent a semester learning was how to declare variable and write simple functions to add two numbers and such. Absolutely everyone today that graduated in my set does not remember how to declare a variable in C or C++. Social media gives a very false illusion of something.
My course mates work with modern frameworks and languages, some of them work for Deimos cloud and other big establishments abroad earning as much as $30/hr, that's a lot of cash, because of the strides those few guys made in IT, the overwhelming majority of the class code and they are not here to play.

I didn't really go far in my first attempt at coding for some reasons but on my second attempt, I put in the work and the time because of the cash and the rest is history. Just have a plan B, web developers are everywhere now and they are easily replaceable. I won't say much..

1 Like

Re: . by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:01pm On Aug 20, 2021
plat0:
My course mates work with modern frameworks and languages, some of them work for Deimos cloud and other big establishments abroad earning as much as $30/hr, that's a lot of cash, because of the strides those few guys made in IT, the overwhelming majority of the class code and they are not here to play.

I didn't really go far in my first attempt at coding for some reasons but on my second attempt, I put in the work and the time because of the cash and the rest is history. Just have a plan B, web developers are everywhere now and they are easily replaceable. I won't say much..
If they can really code and are as good as you say they are, they wont lack any job.

2 Likes

Re: . by Penocruize: 3:11pm On Aug 20, 2021
plat0:

Do have an idea of the number of persons that signed up for HNG internship? undecided
Brother, I tell you that these thing called IT world is getting saturated, I for see what is to happen in the future, if you see the number of people trooping into the IT, mehn........it's ain't a joke. nothing, I repeat, nothing is too big to be saturated.... only time Will tell, and the funny thing is that more IT awareness is being created. just take for instance, the ejiob guy that created a thread about data science some months ago, he spoke vastly about the amount, BOOM.....everybody, DATA science..... oboy, you need to see traffic.. omo see comments and replies....it was almost in hundreds if not thousands. Note, some of these people never knew about data science before. but all of a suddenly they became aware, in fact the thread is still there to see if I'm lying. still boiling down to what I stated initially, "AWARENESS AND SATURATION" . He focusses on many starting and few completing......hmmm oh la la. few completing but adding more to already existing ones. he says they build shit, but I tell you, some build sense. bro, I see people code real time as if there life depends on it....big time hardcore coding I mean.........not everybody who starts, codes shit or don't know what they are doing or might eventually stop.
hey says some uses prebuilt frameworks or WordPress, but i tell you, some don't just use only, they go further Into knowing how it was invented and even code their own.
people build APIs, there own frame works, libraries and lots more. not just use. he only knew about few he has seen, but how about millions he never knew about?

Me myself......... I code real time! let me not say much.
Re: . by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 20, 2021
I am happy many people are telling this guy the truth. But what I see is that he doesnt really understand the core basis. And no matter how you explain to him, the fact he is making it now will blind him to see the future.

We have told him that there are many people going in. And I really cannot waste my time as a person to go into web development when there are many who can do it, esp the front end. Sure, there is money in what he is doing. And will not easily fade out. He went into something nice. He researched well, but it will fade away also.

But we are talking about the core knowledge which will not expire.

Guys, listen to me. Data science will get saturated too, but not now. Definitely. It will. Why? It is a process. And processes can be learned. Packages are used for it. But there is something you must learn to enter Data science. The first is machine learning. Then after research was done, scientists moved into deep learning. And then, more and more are coming out. These are what I called the cores. They are like engineering. I call them latest core engineering applications which can last for a century or more before something else take over. When you combine these cores, they make up artificial intelligence. So, that knowledge you can use it to build anything, everything, and even nothing. Lol. That's why core engineering maths, statistics, logic, reasoning etc are there. The real basis. And you can use this knowledge anywhere, in any industry. The knowledge is called writing algorithms.

Now, special algorithms and processes in AI were used to create data science. Shikena. Do you get me? Many more packages will come out and it will become easier soon. In fact, I see govt participating more, and laws being created very soon to protect data. And those things we use tough stuff to do, more algorithms are coming out to make them easier. Meaning that those who learn AI will be the ones doing these things. But here is the trick, those who are into data science can easily switch to something else fast cos they learned the core too. They just need to learn maybe more engineering maths and focus on something else. So, they aren't far away from it. As innovation occur, they continue porting too. They will not stay in one place because they learned the cores too. In fact, if you really want to cash out fast with AI, get on board with data science now cos you will get job easily. After you are belle full, you can say...yeah....let me build my own AI company or project and start innovating. Gat it?

All the web stuff my brother is talking about are all AI stuff. He keeps talking about Salesforce, and I told him that the core is AI too. Almost everything in facebook is turning to AI.

Remember that AI has brought about self driving. And just yesterday or so, Elon Musk has released TeslaBot, a humanoid robot designed to take drudgery out of everyday life. You can imagine a situation you order like 50 and you smart guys to write algorithms for them to start doing what humans should do. I swear, I will be the first to get those stuff. I am following Elon bumper to bumper. Why? My sorrows are over in naija dealing with ma.d people. Imagine you own a restaurant and they can attend to customers without human. Sirs... I dont have to deal with theft and crazy Nigerians employees again. I dont have to deal with f.oolish.ness anymore. Do you know how many businesses have been killed due to unfaithfulness in Nigeria? So, there will be jobs and jobs for AI cos algorithms will be used to program these machines and many more coming out.

So, do you get what we are saying? Even in the web development, AI will continue doing wonders - backend. And we will create more apps like salesforce based on algorithms for many to use. So, the likes of salesforce are soldier go, soldier come. Salesforce will come and go. Let's enjoy the party while it lasts. Oracle is going down soon as the party is going down rapidly. And those big stuff. But we are saying that the core knowledge is AI - writing algorithms. And one of the areas AI has worked wonders is data science which is used virtually everywhere now.

Hope you all get the gist now.

6 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 20, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Bro...bro...bro...you will soon enter AI. Trust me. You will say I said so. Cos if you are good with what you are doing and those oyinbo see it, they will push you there cos AI is what is creating many things that will be used on the web very soon. Mark my words.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 20, 2021
Penocruize:

Brother, I tell you that these thing called IT world is getting saturated, I for see what is to happen in the future, if you see the number of people trooping into the IT, mehn........it's ain't a joke. nothing, I repeat, nothing is too big to be saturated.... only time Will tell, and the funny thing is that more IT awareness is being created. just take for instance, the ejiob guy that created a thread about data science some months ago, he spoke vastly about the amount, BOOM.....everybody, DATA science..... oboy, you need to see traffic.. omo see comments and replies....it was almost in hundreds if not thousands. Note, some of these people never knew about data science before. but all of a suddenly they became aware, in fact the thread is still there to see if I'm lying. still boiling down to what I stated initially, "AWARENESS AND SATURATION" . He focusses on many starting and few completing......hmmm oh la la. few completing but adding more to already existing ones. he says they build shit, but I tell you, some build sense. bro, I see people code real time as if there life depends on it....big time hardcore coding I mean.........not everybody who starts, codes shit or don't know what they are doing or might eventually stop.
hey says some uses prebuilt frameworks or WordPress, but i tell you, some don't just use only, they go further Into knowing how it was invented and even code their own.
people build APIs, there own frame works, libraries and lots more. not just use. he only knew about few he has seen, but how about millions he never knew about?

Me myself......... I code real time! let me not say much.

Bro... sleep no be death. Bro....bro...bro...95% of them rushing in will quit. Data science is a tough university masters degree. It is for the tough guys who can read deep. For first class engineering students. Forget all those elementary stuff out there sir. I know what I am saying bro. They rush in and out. But they are getting jobs now cos there arent many good out there. Las Las they end up becoming data analysts. Data scientists learn core AI oooo. So, dont mix up data analysis and data science sir.
Re: . by Penocruize: 3:30pm On Aug 20, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:
I am happy many people are telling this guy the truth. But what I see is that he doesnt really understand the core basis. And no matter how you explain to him, the fact he is making it now will blind him to see the future.

We have told him that there are many people going in. And I really cannot waste my time as a person to go into web development when there are many who can do it, esp the front end. Sure, there is money in what he is doing. And will not easily fade out. He went into something nice. He researched well, but it will fade away also.

But we are talking about the core knowledge which will not expire.

Guys, listen to me. Data science will get saturated too, but not now. Definitely. It will. Why? It is a process. And processes can be learned. Packages are used for it. But there is something you must learn to enter Data science. The first is machine learning. Then after research was done, scientists moved into deep learning. And then, more and more are coming out. These are what I called the cores. They are like engineering. I call them latest core engineering applications which can last for a century or more before something else take over. When you combine these cores, they make up artificial intelligence. So, that knowledge you can use it to build anything, everything, and even nothing. Lol. That's why core engineering maths, statistics, logic, reasoning etc are there. The real basis. And you can use this knowledge anywhere, in any industry. The knowledge is called writing algorithms.

Now, special algorithms and processes in AI were used to create data science. Shikena. Do you get me? Many more packages will come out and it will become easier soon. In fact, I see govt participating more, and laws being created very soon to protect data. And those things we use tough stuff to do, more algorithms are coming out to make them easier. Meaning that those who learn AI will be the ones doing these things. But here is the trick, those who are into data science can easily switch to something else fast cos they learned the core too. They just need to learn maybe more engineering maths and focus on something else. So, they aren't far away from it. As innovation occur, they continue porting too. They will not stay in one place because they learned the cores too. In fact, if you really want to cash out fast with AI, get on board with data science now cos you will get job easily. After you are belle full, you can say...yeah....let me build my own AI company or project and start innovating. Gat it?

All the web stuff my brother is talking about are all AI stuff. He keeps talking about Salesforce, and I told him that the core is AI too. Almost everything in facebook is turning to AI.

Remember that AI has brought about self driving. And just yesterday or so, Elon Musk has released TeslaBot, a humanoid robot designed to take drudgery out of everyday life. You can imagine a situation you order like 50 and you smart guys to write algorithms for them to start doing what humans should do. I swear, I will be the first to get those stuff. I am following Elon bumper to bumper. Why? My sorrows are over in naija dealing with ma.d people. Imagine you own a restaurant and they can attend to customers without human. Sirs... I dont have to deal with theft and crazy Nigerians employees again. I dont have to deal with f.oolish.ness anymore. Do you know how many businesses have been killed due to unfaithfulness in Nigeria? So, there will be jobs and jobs for AI cos algorithms will be used to program these machines and many more coming out.

So, do you get what we are saying? Even in the web development, AI will continue doing wonders - backend. And we will create more apps like salesforce based on algorithms for many to use. So, the likes of salesforce are soldier go, soldier come. Salesforce will come and go. Let's enjoy the party while it lasts. Oracle is going down soon as the party is going down rapidly. And those big stuff. But we are saying that the core knowledge is AI - writing algorithms. And one of the areas AI has worked wonders is data science which is used virtually everywhere now.
Hope you all get the gist now.
GOD BESS YOU FOR ME.......
I can't stop clapping already....... mad!!!!!!!!

kai, oh my God, you're a beast! you just demystified the whole thing more than I myself, I thought I was the only one thinking like these....mhenn, RESPECT to you boss. I always knew it that we will always have people who envisions the future. brother, in fact.... I'm speechless from what you wrote. I'm focused. kai baba, you're a genius.

AI that have have even started writing web apps already!......AI IS BEAST. you can make them do anything.... data science itself I think is just a tip of an Icebag of AI. Time Will come when you'll just speak to an AI and it'll just do anything for you, yes including the web creation, you heard me right....... I tell you algorithms are being born.
Re: . by Penocruize: 3:34pm On Aug 20, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Bro... sleep no be death. Bro....bro...bro...95% of them rushing in will quit. Data science is a tough university masters degree. It is for the tough guys who can read deep. For first class engineering students. Forget all those elementary stuff out there sir. I know what I am saying bro. They rush in and out. But they are getting jobs now cos there arent many good out there. Las Las they end up becoming data analysts. Data scientists learn core AI oooo. So, dont mix up data analysis and data science sir.
Hahahahahaha......baba, i just say make i talk small!
in deed brother it is a Masters university of it own. house with many rooms..AI no be for the faint hearted. Na work on him own.....respect sir.
Re: . by Maj196(m): 3:50pm On Aug 20, 2021
Web dev is saturated yet there are still many vacancies worldwide waiting for people to be filled. See Tech is not static, it evolves. How many people are willing to keep up with that paradigm shift?

4 Likes

Re: . by Penocruize: 3:55pm On Aug 20, 2021
Maj196:
Web dev is saturated yet there are still many vacancies worldwide waiting for people to be filled. See Tech is not static, it evolves. How many people are willing to keep up with that paradigm shift?

Remember, No one is saying that only web is getting saturated. let me reiterate, some IT sectors in general is gradually getting saturated due to more awareness. You might want to reread and get the essence of the post!
Re: . by Maj196(m): 4:04pm On Aug 20, 2021
Penocruize:

Remember, No one is saying that only web is getting saturated. let me reiterate, IT sector in general is gradually getting saturated. You might want to reread and get the essence of the post!
I suppose you missed where I used the word TECH. Now listen, there is no career in the world that's not populated by people going into it especially if there's a lot of money involved and tech is no exception. As saturated as you might think it is, there's only a handful number of experts in these fields and no one will hire a mediocre. The least they can get is an interview and nothing more. Peace!

1 Like

Re: . by toby345(m): 4:44pm On Aug 20, 2021
Maj196:
asin Bro you need to see how people on tech twitter come up to say talent is scarce even some companies post open positions and after months won't still find a suitable person to employ. Sure everything might get saturated but it can be in the next 10 years self. A large number of people aren't ready to put in the work but once someone Says he earns $60k they want to rush into it and might even rush out

3 Likes

Re: . by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:53pm On Aug 20, 2021
toby345:
asin Bro you need to see how people on tech twitter come up to say talent is scarce even some companies post open positions and after months won't still find a suitable person to employ. Sure everything might get saturated but it can be in the next 10 years self. A large number of people aren't ready to put in the work but once someone Says he earns $60k they want to rush into it and might even rush out
Devs are doing guy for companies in Nigeria now. Companies are frustrated. Even on Nairaland when jobs are posted its two three comments from wordpress theme devs. Let them go and see saturation enter jobs and vacancy section. NNPC recruitment had over 1000 pages. Seplat job had over 12000 applicants for less than 100. Law school convocated 4500 lawyers where they go work and na web dev come dey saturated grin grin

5 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 20, 2021
I want to add this:

I mentioned this example in my thread. I will use it here again.

Sometimes ago in the late 70s, Kodak started research on digital pictures. Lol. Imagine late 70s. They put millions of dollars for the project for over 15 years. But guess what? Paper print, films were still booming in 80s to even 90s. So the board sat down one day and said that they have to recover the money they spent for the research. E no fit waste. In fact, they made the first online album. Do you remember yahoo photos in those days? They copied kodak. Guess what? They sold the patent to recover the cost of research.

Today, what is the result? Kodak is out of business. They are just doing some small stuff. Imagine how Instagram is huge now when Kodak developed the tech. They were making huge profit on paper prints and film. You know na. In those days, computer accessories were the real business. Inks, papers, foils, etc. Kodak despite building the digital tech did not see the future, and they sold it. grin Infact, Harvard University used it a case study to teach students how to look forward.

Yes, web is not fully saturated. New things come up daily. Maybe it will never get saturated but trust me, many people will start doing it more, and the reward will start getting smaller cos many more will come on board. But we are talking about the future which is AI.

But here is one thing you should know. AI is in web development. And these new stuff coming up are most likely bad ass algorithms. The AI guys develop them for you, and you learn how yo use them. Tell me who is gonna make more money?

Machine Learning was developed in Stanford University. Two professors remained as adjunct professors today cos the likes of Google ran after them. Even, Larry page is a teacher of Machine Learning if you dont know. And these tech people said that....bull crap...the universities arent going to use this to make millions. They said there are many people in developing nations. That was how coursera came in. Boom. Come and learn free of charge. These courses are worth thousands of dollars. But they said...no, this is the future. We need many to come in. Too many is not enough cos this has the capacity to expand exponentially. We need a situation all engineering faculties in the world will make Machine Learning a core course. That's it. Cos this is where we will start making innovation. So, they made it free. Learn it free. And if you need the certificate, pay a token. If you are sure of yourself you know it, let us know. The job is already waiting for you. However, make sure you are good.

This is why those who grasped the vision always take break or leave of absent from whatever they are presently doing. Cos, it is full time studying and more of self study cos many professors dont know it. And you have to be online to join the world best teachers. You must train your brain to be magnetic cos you are entering classes with Stanford, Yale, University of Washington Harvard teachers and students. Many dropped out of phd and masters programs in Ivy League to focus on this. Some universities have started full time AI and Data Science masters degree courses.

While you can make money with whatever you do now in web development, fine and good. Sure, it's good. But trust me, by the time you are half way with machine learning, you are already talking to the best brains in the world. And imagine you that are here in Naija. What a great opportunity? Mehn!

I read an article recently where Harvard students contract out assignments to Kenya students. Lol. Can you see that those tech guys like Google, Facebook, Twitter apple, etc bosses are right? They did the right by making it available to us. If not, only Ivy leagues will be teaching their students. You must have extreme high GRE score, first class grades from the Naija uni, face US, UK, etc embassy before you dream of learning this stuff if those universities are in control. Thank God companies like Google, Facebook hijacked it out of the hands of those universities. They paid the founding professors millions and snatch them away from teaching full time in the universities. That's the power of money. This is what Dangote should be doing, ...baba is busy building obsolete refinery. While Obi Cabana is busy using money to oppress around.

And guess what? Covid-19 helped. That even justified their actions. And it went viral like they wanted. See..that Covid-19 is not ordinary. I believe (this is my opinion) that it was a strategy to digitalized world economy. Lol.

So, we arent saying there will not be web development jobs so soon. In fact, that there are jobs for Nigerians and other developing nations means the advance countries are porting to bigger things and it why we have these opportunities. Lol. Think about it. Anything easy is almost becoming obsolete.

6 Likes

Re: . by Penocruize: 4:59pm On Aug 20, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Devs are doing guy for companies in Nigeria now. Companies are frustrated. Even on Nairaland when jobs are posted its two three comments from wordpress theme devs. Let them go and see saturation enter jobs and vacancy section. NNPC recruitment had over 1000 pages. Seplat job had over 12000 applicants for less than 100. Law school convocated 4500 lawyers where they go work and na web dev come dey saturated grin grin

Hahhahahaaah.......oboy, you hate these WordPress theme devs so much..... hahahahah my brother, it's almost in every business. fake and counterfeit versions abound everywhere just to belittle the authentic and genuine ones! I understand.
Re: . by Maj196(m): 5:00pm On Aug 20, 2021
toby345:
Exactly, that's what people that say it's saturated don't understand. It's very hard to find a good programmer. So many adverts and you get few to no applicant. And the position might go for months without a candidate. Yes, a lot of people are doing it, it doesn't mean they know what they are doing.
Re: . by toby345(m): 5:00pm On Aug 20, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Bro thr blockchain space is still fresh in Nigeria AR,VR even UX design for blockchain projects even metaverse you'll hardly even find Nigerians their. A Nigerian was even in the team that worked on Mark Zuckerberg first VR interview yesterday. Vacancies full everywhere but people are no ready to put in the work they think its an overnight something
Re: . by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:05pm On Aug 20, 2021
Penocruize:

Hahhahahaaah.......oboy, you hate these WordPress theme devs so much..... hahahahah my brother, it's almost in every business. fake and counterfeit versions abound everywhere just to belittle the authentic and genuine ones! I understand.
I am talking about wordpress theme installers not wordpress developers. The guys who can build custom themes and plugins from scratch are in demand.

1 Like

Re: . by arejibadz(m): 5:16pm On Aug 20, 2021
All careers are saturated bro just be good at what you do
Re: . by Penocruize: 5:18pm On Aug 20, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:
I want to add this:

I mentioned this example in my thread. I will use it here again.

Sometimes ago in the late 70s, Kodak started research on digital pictures. Lol. Imagine late 70s. They put millions of dollars for the project for over 15 years. But guess what? Paper print, films were still booming in 80s to even 90s. So the board sat down one day and said that they have to recover the money they spent for the research. E no fit waste. In fact, they made the first online album. Do you remember yahoo photos in those days? They copied kodak. Guess what? They sold the patent to recover the cost of research.

Today, what is the result? Kodak is out of business. They are just doing some small stuff. Imagine how Instagram is huge now when Kodak developed the tech. They were making huge profit on paper prints and film. You know na. In those days, computer accessories were the real business. Inks, papers, foils, etc. Kodak despite building the digital tech did not see the future, and they sold it. grin Infact, Harvard University used it a case study to teach students how to look forward.

Yes, web is not fully saturated. New things come up daily. Maybe it will never get saturated but trust me, many people will start doing it more, and the reward will start getting smaller cos many more will come on board. But we are talking about the future which is AI.

But here is one thing you should know. AI is in web development. And these new stuff coming up are most likely bad ass algorithms. The AI guys develop them for you, and you learn how yo use them. Tell me who is gonna make more money?

Machine Learning was developed in Stanford University. Two professors remained as adjunct professors today cos the likes of Google ran after them. Even, Larry page is a teacher of Machine Learning if you dont know. And these tech people said that....bull crap...the universities arent going to use this to make millions. They said there are many people in developing nations. That was how coursera came in. Boom. Come and learn free of charge. These courses are worth thousands of dollars. But they said...no, this is the future. We need many to come in. Too many is not enough cos this has the capacity to expand exponentially. We need a situation all engineering faculties in the world will make Machine Learning a core course. That's it. Cos this is where we will start making innovation. So, they made it free. Learn it free. And if you need the certificate, pay a token. If you are sure of yourself you know it, let us know. The job is already waiting for you. However, make sure you are good.

This is why those who grasped the vision always take break or leave of absent from whatever they are presently doing. Cos, it is full time studying and more of self study cos many professors dont know it. And you have to be online to join the world best teachers. You must train your brain to be magnetic cos you are entering classes with Stanford, Yale, University of Washington Harvard teachers and students. Many dropped out of phd and masters programs in Ivy League to focus on this. Some universities have started full time AI and Data Science masters degree courses.

While you can make money with whatever you do now in web development, fine and good. Sure, it's good. But trust me, by the time you are half way with machine learning, you are already talking to the best brains in the world. And imagine you that are here in Naija. What a great opportunity? Mehn!

I read an article recently where Harvard students contract out assignments to Kenya students. Lol. Can you see that those tech guys like Google, Facebook, Twitter apple, etc bosses are right? They did the right by making it available to us. If not, only Ivy leagues will be teaching their students. You must have extreme high GRE score, first class grades from the Naija uni, face US, UK, etc embassy before you dream of learning this stuff if those universities are in control. Thank God companies like Google, Facebook hijacked it out of the hands of those universities. They paid the founding professors millions and snatch them away from teaching full time in the universities. That's the power of money. This is what Dangote should be doing, ...baba is busy building obsolete refinery. While Obi Cabana is busy using money to oppress around.

And guess what? Covid-19 helped. That even justified their actions. And it went viral like they wanted. See..that Covid-19 is not ordinary. I believe (this is my opinion) that it was a strategy to digitalized world economy. Lol.

So, we arent saying there will not be web development jobs so soon. In fact, that there are jobs for Nigerians and other developing nations means the advance countries are porting to bigger things and it why we have these opportunities. Lol. Think about it. Anything easy is almost becoming obsolete.

Long vision of the future at it peak!

One thing is constant, evolution and seeing the future. easy things quickly develops quest but doesn't stand the test of time but will become irrelevant in due time. but you see hard things? hmmmm not easy for everyone due to it complications and sophisticated nature of it. but when grasped well, gives room for a long term advantage.

You'll agree with me that even as an individual, we often detest hard things. take for example in our schools, art and commercial students are many but science and engineering students tends to be less due to it complexity.

who wan suffer himself dey do partial differential calculus, linear algebra, logic, advance probability and statics?
who wan dey do real analysis, convolution, equation reducible to homogeneous differential equations.

even for few that tends to do, only do la cram la pour just to pass exams.
Re: . by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 20, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

I am talking about wordpress theme installers not wordpress developers. The guys who can build custom themes and plugins from scratch are in demand.
Exactly. You actually understand our point. Lol. Developers....that's the key. And then think deeper sir. What about those guys now developing tools for developers? And those ones innovating for developers. This is my point. Sure, developers of different areas will be relevant. Yes, they may not get booted out soon, but they will eventually fade away. This is the point.

So, there is nothing like AI is over rated. Just that it will not replace human. We still need to manage it. It is the beginning of a new era. This is our point. Sir, any algorithm can come out and send packing any top app. Yes, it can. I am still telling you. Salesforce can just go within a twinkling of an eye. Someone can just come up wirh something better. That thing used to come up with anything and everything is AI now. And then, back it up with software development. That's it. It is the future. And the future is here. I mean right here now.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 20, 2021
Penocruize:

Long vision of the future at it peak!

One thing is constant, evolution and seeing the future. easy things quickly develops quest but doesn't stand the test of time but will become irrelevant in due time. but you see hard things? hmmmm not easy for everyone due to it complications and sophisticated nature of it. but when grasped well, gives room for a long term advantage.

You'll agree with me that even as an individual, we often detest hard things. take for example in our schools, art and commercial students are many but science and engineering students tends to be less due to it complexity.

who wan suffer himself dey do partial differential calculus, linear algebra, logic, advance probability and statics?
who wan dey do real analysis, convolution, equation reducible to homogeneous differential equations.

even for few that tends to do, only do la cram la pour just to pass exams.
Bro, that's it. The agony to pick up those engineering maths is painful. grin But the goal is the driving force. Trust me. It is.

Like linear Algebra. We have linear Algebra 1 and 2. First semester yr 1 and second ...in most engineering school. And that's what I cracked in 30 days cos I refreshed. Then, you can imagine differential equations. The saving grace was that I just dived into it with python. I chewed a textbook like those village nollywood actors chew chewing stick sharp sharp cos I know python will do the calculation. But just to understand what was going on. And then, statistics...that one...hmmm. Do you know that the best gamblers are statisticians? These things we learned in school are life, but as we just dey study am dey enter banks dey do teller jobs... and abandon am after school, we dont even understand why we learn then. After years of leaving school, they all start coming to life with AI. I started seeing why they are relevant. Honestly, if I had known they are relevant, honestly, I wouldn't have left them for a single day. But we dont know. We just went to school to learn, pour, and kiss them all goodbye. Then start hustling jobs with Dele Momodu who studied yoruba oooo. On top dey pay many of us.

It is a curse to be born in a developing or underdeveloped nation. A real curse.

If there is life again to live on this earth, I swear, i would drag it with God if He refused to send me to a developed nation. Walahi, the whole heaven will understand someone dey protest. Naija again...never... grin

1 Like

Re: . by Penocruize: 7:44pm On Aug 20, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Bro, that's it. The agony to pick up those engineering maths is painful. grin But the goal is the driving force. Trust me. It is.

Like linear Algebra. We have linear Algebra 1 and 2. First semester yr 1 and second ...in most engineering school. And that's what I cracked in 30 days cos I refreshed. Then, you can imagine differential equations. The saving grace was that I just dived into it with python. I chewed a textbook like those village nollywood actors chew chewing stick sharp sharp cos I know python will do the calculation. But just to understand what was going on. And then, statistics...that one...hmmm. Do you know that the best gamblers are statisticians? These things we learned in school are life, but as we just dey study am dey enter banks dey do teller jobs... and abandon am after school, we dont even understand why we learn then. After years of leaving school, they all start coming to life with AI. I started seeing why they are relevant. Honestly, if I had known they are relevant, honestly, I wouldn't have left them for a single day. But we dont know. We just went to school to learn, pour, and kiss them all goodbye. Then start hustling jobs with Dele Momodu who studied yoruba oooo. On top dey pay many of us.

It is a curse to be born in a developing or underdeveloped nation. A real curse.

If there is life again to live on this earth, I swear, i would drag it with God if He refused to send me to a developed nation. Walahi, the whole heaven will understand someone dey protest. Naija again...never... grin

The problems of our universities is that they teach us all these theories but they don't show us where it is applied in real life.....only for few who wish to proceed further with these concept after graduation or pursue a field in technology.

And the mentality of la cram la pour is not just helping matters. The moment you try to delve into advanced computation, then you'll see where they are applied in real life. WordPress themes was developed by an initial authored programmers for other programmers to use.

imagine getting a water from someone and all of a sudden you had access to tap from the fountain itself(the core), in these phase, the middle man becomes irrelevant.

when you begin to train a neural network, having a loss function (sigmoid, reLU, etc), then you'll see where partial derivative is employed.

dealing with images, pixels and there manipulations, either blurring or shading and others is where you apply matrices

But we might not be thought these things in our universities

And for games......that is where you'll see more!

Do you know that if you can sit back and use your cognitive Ability to the Best and maximum potential to develop a new framework that might help in web development as a web programmer, you'll be swimming in millions already. I think, seeing a problem and using your computational capabilities to proffer possible solution to them is the real deal....others will always make reference to you!

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 20, 2021
Penocruize:

The problems of our universities is that they teach us all these theories but they don't show us where it is applied in real life.....only for few who wish to proceed further with these concept after graduation or pursue a field in technology.

And the mentality of la cram la pour is not just helping matters. The moment you try to delve into advanced computation, then you'll see where they are applied in real life. WordPress themes was developed by an initial authored programmers for other programmers to use.

imagine getting a water from someone and all of a sudden you had access to tap from the fountain itself(the core), in these phase, the middle man becomes irrelevant.

when you begin to train a neural network, having a loss function (sigmoid, reLU, etc), then you'll see where partial derivative is employed.

dealing with images, pixels and there manipulations, either blurring or shading and others is where you apply matrices

But we might not be thought these things in our universities

And for games......that is where you'll see more!

Do you know that if you can sit back and use your cognitive Ability to the Best and maximum potential to develop a new framework that might help in web development as a web programmer, you'll be swimming in millions already. I think, seeing a problem and using your computational capabilities to proffer possible solution to them is the real deal....others will always make reference to you!
On point.

Some of these prof actually work with oil coys then and automate their systems. Some of them know what works, but the educational system is just messed. Schools need to be upgraded in such a way that companies patronize them, pay billions for researches. But no, these lectures run after girls pants. Bro, when you have so much to do, how can you have time to run after girls who are like your daughters?

But now that oil is going down and will not boom again, thank God for this option. Those prof abroad have realised there are brains in developing nations.

1 Like

Re: . by islamics(m): 9:10pm On Aug 20, 2021
Penocruize:

Never knew about the relationship between partial derivative and loss function; I need to relook into it again be that.
I know about the matrices relationship with images.

PeaceJoyLove:

these lectures run after girls pants. Bro, when you have so much to do, how can you have time to run after girls who are like your daughters?
This part got me laughing.
Re: . by Penocruize: 9:34pm On Aug 20, 2021
islamics:

Never knew about the relationship between partial derivative and loss function; I need to relook into it again be that.
I know about the matrices relationship with images.

This part got me laughing.

Note: Don't get confused, partial derivative is used for training a neural network (sometimes called back propagation) in other to reduce the error for better accuracy(predicted output and the actual output if you like).

while lose functions denotes
how your algorithms fit data in the first place. ...
Importantly, the choice of the loss function is directly
related to the activation function used in the output layer
of your neural network.

I guess i was in a hurry to type!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best responsive website design #2017 / The Ultimate python tutorial series for 2019 / Discovery Vue Journal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 184
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.