Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1272319 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by fetomowo: 8:14pm On Sep 04, 2021
No need to panic

UK PhD (unless structured PhD with MPhil route where you normally take classes) usually starts at any date within the calendar year.

Most have a formal start date but quite flexible with your supervisor in the know of things.

So far the school issues you a CAS number which is possible even after the official start date. You will be able to apply...

Put your mind at rest, ma'am.

ayoope:
Hello Elders,

Good afternoon.

Uni: University of Essex

Please advise �

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by MissOwaa: 8:14pm On Sep 04, 2021
You are. well done.
JahMan1:

I actually came to ask the same question. Thanks for the prompt answer. What happened is that I used the course end date as stated in my spouse's CAS as the visa expiry date (since she doesn't have a visa yet). That's what made my IHS to be around $673 instead of the $1,008 that she paid. I hope I am in order?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by JudyP: 8:17pm On Sep 04, 2021
Good evening. Am filling for a uk school and my husband will sponsor me. What should I fill. Kindly look at the image.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Boofrenzy: 8:22pm On Sep 04, 2021
26th August or should I do super priority ? No money but worse case.
fetomowo:
Not too late to apply. What was the date your CAS was issued?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Fk1987: 8:28pm On Sep 04, 2021
ovbokhankris:
Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.
With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision.
We strongly recommend that you do not buy a non-refundable, non-flexible ticket to the UK, until your visa application has been approved and you have received your documents.

This was the reply i got September 1, 2021 after sending a paid mail to UKVI immigration.

Biometrics August 12, 2021 (Priority Service)
Not straightforward mail August 17, 2021

Yet to receive any other mail

Any body in same situation with me?

This actual a long period, mine is 23rd, not straight forward email on 26th..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Punkydude: 8:31pm On Sep 04, 2021
ovbokhankris:
With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision.
We strongly recommend that you do not buy a non-refundable, non-flexible ticket to the UK, until your visa application has been approved and you have received your documents.

This was the reply i got September 1, 2021 after sending a paid mail to UKVI immigration.

I was in that shoe, then i sent a mail and i was scheduled for an interview with home office which was not easy.

The Not straightforward mail came from Pretoria right?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Fk1987: 8:32pm On Sep 04, 2021
Punkydude:

I was in that shoe, then i sent a mail and i was scheduled for an interview with home office which was not easy.

The Not straightforward mail came from Pretoria right?

Av you gotten ur visa and when where you interviewed?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Bourne007(m): 8:33pm On Sep 04, 2021
Husband is also categorised as 'family'

JudyP:
Good evening. Am filling for a uk school and my husband will sponsor me. What should I fill. Kindly look at the image.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by delxmaverick(m): 8:44pm On Sep 04, 2021
Excuse Me… What hostel?

obisdupsy:
Thank you for this. Please can I have your contact on how to book the hostel you suggested. Thank you.quote author=delxmaverick post=105486062]The same thing they did to me… My uncle is there

They asked for

His full name
Date of Birth
House Address
Where he works
Position
His monthly income
He has a business
What’s the name of his company
Staff strength
What kind of business
Is there any website

Wetin happen

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Punkydude: 8:46pm On Sep 04, 2021
Fk1987:

Av you gotten ur visa and when where you interviewed?

Not yet, i pray its successful. i did the interview on Thursday. So hopefully next week.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Oracleforce: 8:51pm On Sep 04, 2021
Kenny4smart:

This IHS fee will only apply if he is going for a one year course.

Pls supposing it is 2 years course how much is the total payment in dollars and priority visa fee in dollars? Thanks...
Just want to budget for mine.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Fk1987: 8:57pm On Sep 04, 2021
Punkydude:

Not yet, i pray its successful. i did the interview on Thursday. So hopefully next week.
By his grace it will drop..

Mine is also from Pretoria too
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by missuzoma: 9:08pm On Sep 04, 2021
Amarathripple0:

Please help share the email address of this said person if it’s the same school. I’m really drained.

It's a different school entirely but most schools publish contact details of high-ranking officials on their website.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Yemzzyy: 9:17pm On Sep 04, 2021
Fk1987:

By his grace it will drop..

Mine is also from Pretoria too

I think all non straightforward emails come from Pretoria, cos that’s where o got mine from as well
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by lasunakin(m): 9:25pm On Sep 04, 2021
Please. How many days after biometrics (priority) do people usually get non straightforward mail?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ericpetters(m): 9:31pm On Sep 04, 2021
Please someone that has travelled should help me with these
1) can I quarantine in another state
2) would there be a problem with immigration if I don't book my accomodation before I get there?
Pl help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ayoope(f): 9:34pm On Sep 04, 2021
fetomowo:
No need to panic

UK PhD (unless structured PhD with MPhil route where you normally take classes) usually starts at any date within the calendar year.

Most have a formal start date but quite flexible with your supervisor in the know of things.

So far the school issues you a CAS number which is possible even after the official start date. You will be able to apply...

Put your mind at rest, ma'am.

Thank you. Its a MPhil/PhD route tho, few courses are required
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by lekan1000: 9:39pm On Sep 04, 2021
CSPb:

Those that have book day 2 and 8 test, should avail us necessary information on this.
1. Lab
2. Amount
2. Payment method

1. i used "testing for all", i heard randox is also very good while expert medicals has a very poor review
2. 89-100 pounds
3. i used barter virtual card

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Goddys(m): 9:50pm On Sep 04, 2021
ovbokhankris:

Do you have any visa refusal in the past?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by fificole: 10:03pm On Sep 04, 2021
1. Yes. However, have a valid explanation incase immigration enquires. No biggie

2. You need an accommodation to order your test kits and passenger locator form. Don't think you will clear Nigerian airports without it.

ericpetters:
Please someone that has travelled should help me with these
1) can I quarantine in another state
2) would there be a problem with immigration if I don't book my accomodation before I get there?
Pl help

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by fificole: 10:05pm On Sep 04, 2021
No particular timeline from what I read here.

Do not hope it to existence. Be positive.

lasunakin:
Please. How many days after biometrics (priority) do people usually get non straightforward mail?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by fificole: 10:09pm On Sep 04, 2021
Pretoria has been processing a high volume of student applications from Nigeria, this much one sees from the BRP letter.

Yemzzyy:

I think all non straightforward emails come from Pretoria, cos that’s where o got mine from as well
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Yemzzyy: 10:14pm On Sep 04, 2021
fificole:
Pretoria has been processing a high volume of student applications from Nigeria, this much one sees from the BRP letter.

I don’t get what you mean in the last part
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Futureukstudent: 10:20pm On Sep 04, 2021
Pattadon:

No interview. Just a call from Fcmb. And non straightforward mail from Ukvi.
I did my biometrics on Tuesday so I will wait till next week Friday before contacting them.
next week Friday? Was it Standard you did?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Tonybod: 10:21pm On Sep 04, 2021
Thanks for the prompt response, really helpful.
samint1:
I was able to do the TB test at IOM Abuja in Tuesday afternoon traveling to Abuja and doing manual booking on Monday afternoon.
As for payment, we went to the bank to make payment in Abuja (Standard Chartered) but we were told IOM no longer take bank deposits.
We finally did online transfer, paid for individual family members separately by including each person's reference number in the remarks part of the transaction. (Use internet banking or mobile app for this as you may not be able to do it using mobile code transfer)
After successful payment for each family members, just print out your receipt and take to the test centre on the day of the test.
Hope this answers your questions?

[1quote author=Tonybod post=105450650]Hello, please have you gotten an answer for this,also in the same dilemma.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by fificole: 10:28pm On Sep 04, 2021
An TLS staff mentioned student visa applications (at least from VI) are being accessed by Pretoria. When I received my BRP (British resident permit) collection letter it was signed by Pretoria.

In essence Pretoria is making all the decisions.

Commissions in Nigeria affix the vignette and print the letters. (This last bit is my assumption. Easier to rationalize for super-priority)

Yemzzyy:

I don’t get what you mean in the last part

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Clarine: 10:34pm On Sep 04, 2021
Tawak:
Has you sister's status moved to "Application Transferred To VAC" before visiting TLS?

No. She said they told her 10th and 11th of August are the ones they are attending to that Friday. She also mentioned a lot of super priority had issues with their application. I wonder why super priority when it's not an emergency sha.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Kenny4smart(m): 10:35pm On Sep 04, 2021
koonbey:

When you get there, at the point of initial document screening, they will see it. In VI, priority applicants are given green bags to hold their documents as opposed to the standard black bag.

Thank you, but how exactly? From the application form itself or I should print the priority service receipt as evidence?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Clarine: 10:38pm On Sep 04, 2021
justwise:

You are.

And the truth is that you will be denied or refused entry to the UK for lying or withholding info
Someone was denied last year because in the interview she said she will.stay with her sister and in the form she claims not to know no one in the UK. Be sure of the information you are giving in order not to contradict yourself.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by fificole: 10:43pm On Sep 04, 2021
You may print for your comfort but really, as mentioned in previous response, the TLS staff that receives your documents is able to view your application type.

Kenny4smart:

Thank you, but how exactly? From the application form itself or I should print the priority service receipt as evidence?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by duvocharrison: 10:46pm On Sep 04, 2021
[Pls can I get the email address you used mine is 6th August no mail at all from them but my kids Visas are out only mine pending.

quote author=ovbokhankris post=105493617]Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.

Any body in same situation with me? [/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.