Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,548 members, 7,816,334 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1256279 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ChasinGood(m): 11:10am On Sep 14, 2021
Top of the morning guys. I got admitted for a program in university of Salford for Jan 2022(16 months duration). The actual fee is £18990 then there's the energy Scholarship that's £5000 and the Fee payable is £13990. Please I'd love to know if paying in instalments is welcomed over there?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by OrionDigits24: 11:12am On Sep 14, 2021
Good day great people, I need UK approved Covid-19 test centres in Lagos, please the one nearest to Ikeja, is ok for me. This is for the purpose of the pre-departure test.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Babatee025: 11:12am On Sep 14, 2021
ndidibabe:
September entry? Did you provide POF?

I only pay part tuition fees with ATAS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Zenanted(m): 11:16am On Sep 14, 2021
Please does anyone have an idea on how long it will take to get collection mail after receiving the "not straightforward" mail from ukvi (standard)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ndidibabe(f): 11:17am On Sep 14, 2021
Babatee025:

I only pay part tuition fees with ATAS
Ok that's nice. Most schools require your statement of account. Are you for Jan entry?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Beeyems: 11:18am On Sep 14, 2021
Please can I contact you

Amarathripple0:

The same thing happened to me until I used my UK card. If you know anyone in the UK, pay pounds into their account and use their card.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by tsowems(m): 11:19am On Sep 14, 2021
Zenanted:
Please does anyone have an idea on how long it will take to get collection mail after receiving the "not straightforward" mail from ukvi (standard)

The whole thing don dey tire me.. Person wey no receive non straightforward email sef never collect. If i knw, i for no try standard
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Misstoluwani(f): 11:20am On Sep 14, 2021
phadriz:

Bradford ! We are together

Yayyy, what stage are you?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Amarathripple0: 11:21am On Sep 14, 2021
Babatee025:
Good day everyone
My school just called me now and I was told to prepare for interview by 12:30pm today before they can issue my CAS, please I just want to know the likely question they can ask me...please help a bro
University of Portsmouths.

- Study your module and say you chose to study your course with them because the module aligns with the things you need to learn for your future career path, (also list out some of them which I’m certain they’ll ask)
- Tell them the reason you chose their Uni ( check their ranking and if they have any TEF gold/silver award)
- Tell them you chose the UK because degrees from prestigious universities like theirs’ are highly rated in your home country
- Say you’ve heard fantastic reviews about the school as well. , you really need to hype their Uni
- They might ask how you are funding your studies, so let them know this truthfully ( You’ve saved up over the years or if your parents are funding )
- Please do not mention statements like *relocation, you want to move to the UK, family asked you to move to the UK, Your country is bad etc* you need to give them the impression that you are there for school and to learn.

Also search for Pre CAS interviews on YouTube to learn more. Best of Luck!

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Bourne007(m): 11:21am On Sep 14, 2021
Hope you know that google is your friend. Even just tiny google effort tongue

https://www.salford.ac.uk/international/fees
https://www.salford.ac.uk/askus/admin-essentials/self-funding-students-and-how-pay-your-fees

ChasinGood:
Top of the morning guys. I got admitted for a program in university of Salford for Jan 2022(16 months duration). The actual fee is £18990 then there's the energy Scholarship that's £5000 and the Fee payable is £13990. Please I'd love to know if paying in instalments is welcomed over there?

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by atyadz1: 11:21am On Sep 14, 2021
Afriglobal , not too far from Ikeja underbridge

OrionDigits24:
Good day great people, I need UK approved Covid-19 test centres in Lagos, please the one nearest to Ikeja, is ok for me. This is for the purpose of the pre-departure test.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Amarathripple0: 11:24am On Sep 14, 2021
Beeyems:
Please can I contact you

Sure, jazlynamara@gmail.com
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Optimally: 11:29am On Sep 14, 2021
Amarathripple0:

Ignore the alert and reschedule your appointment.
Thank you for the response, i paid for courier service before, will it be affected?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by MissOwaa: 11:41am On Sep 14, 2021
I’ve emailed you kindly reply.
[quote author=Kbalinger post=105800677][/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Amarathripple0: 11:41am On Sep 14, 2021
Optimally:

Thank you for the response, i paid for courier service before, will it be affected?

Nope it won’t be affected. You’re good to go
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by damseltiwa: 11:43am On Sep 14, 2021
Alhamdulilah robil alameen �

Visa Alert.....

Biometrics 2nd Sept Ikeja Priority

Collection mail 14th Sept

No non straightforward mail
No interview

2 UK visit refusal declared
2 US visit visa declared

University of Hertfordshire, Msc international business management.

17 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Gbomzie: 11:48am On Sep 14, 2021
I believe it is
You should contact your school and set up a schedule
ChasinGood:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Harleamah: 12:00pm On Sep 14, 2021
Hi
Please can you walk me through how you sent a paid mail to UKVI?

ieltsace:
See your UKVI people. After 49 days (weekend inclusive), see wetin dem talk.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Sixtustony(m): 12:05pm On Sep 14, 2021
Gigli:

No, I know someone who is

Can you link me up with the person pls
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Sixtustony(m): 12:06pm On Sep 14, 2021
damseltiwa:
Alhamdulilah robil alameen �

Visa Alert.....

Biometrics 2nd Sept Ikeja Priority

Collection mail 14th Sept

No non straightforward mail
No interview

2 UK visit refusal declared
2 US visit visa declared

University of Hertfordshire, Msc international business management.

Did you use IELTS as English proficiency, was there an alternative
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by fabulous2019: 12:08pm On Sep 14, 2021
ndidibabe:
at what rate pls?

548naira yesterday
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by fabulous2019: 12:12pm On Sep 14, 2021
HEADYWORLD:
Please, I need clarification on this questions

1. Can one get post study work visa with a year post graduate course
2. Can I use neco, instead of waec for my proof of English.

1. Yes
2. Yes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by GodIsAble85(m): 12:13pm On Sep 14, 2021
vivvica:
Visa alert !!!

Tls ikeja

Biometrics 6th of September (priority )
Recieved by VAC and collection mail 13th September
Collection 14th September

Travel history
France study august 2021
Dubai

No non straightforward email
What God cannot do does not exist ..

Thanks for the guidance on this group . We all will testify by Gods grace .
Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by damseltiwa: 12:24pm On Sep 14, 2021
No I used waec
Sixtustony:

Did you use IELTS as English proficiency, was there an alternative
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Mizmotun: 12:25pm On Sep 14, 2021
Whats the meaning of no non straightforward email

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ebunsimi: 12:31pm On Sep 14, 2021
Harleamah:
Hi
Please can you walk me through how you sent a paid mail to UKVI?

pls, have you got any update on your dependent's application? I guess biometrics was on the 30th of August too
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Basirat6279: 12:31pm On Sep 14, 2021
�����VISA ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!�����

Alhamdulillahi rabbil Alameen

Verily after every hardship there comes ease.

VI TLS Assisted service

CAS issued :1st of September

Visa Application: 1st of September

Biometric: 3rd of September

2 US study visa refusal declared

Decision: 8th of September

Collection mail: 13th of September

Passport pick up: 14th of September

MSc CyberSecurity with advanced practice
University of Kent

My fellow senior in CyberSecurity please I need tips on how to transition successful into the labour market around the world. How I can sell myself.

Thank you all for the encouragement and word of advice. For those awaiting visa it is done already. Almighty Allah will perfect it and I'm using this as a point of contact to my friend here awaiting his visa. You will testify soon Insha Allah.

26 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Zenanted(m): 12:33pm On Sep 14, 2021
In case they want to make some verifications or a required document not being available.
For my own case, my wife was supposed to be exempt from TB test as we haven't been in Nigeria for the past 6 months, so they requested evidence of the exempt in a different mail and also sent each of us the "non straightforward" mail stating that our visa won't come out at the expected 15 working days but will still as soon as a decision is made
Mizmotun:
Whats the meaning of no non straightforward email
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by achmed1(m): 12:33pm On Sep 14, 2021
Guys, whats the timeline trend for Standard Tier 2 (Skilled Worker Visa) applications?

I submitted biometrics 1 SEPT , I did love to have an idea what time it's been taking to process that category of visa.

I understand 90% of applications are said to be processed within 15 working days.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Timmypaul: 12:34pm On Sep 14, 2021
Basirat6279:

VI TLS Assisted service

University of Kent

My fellow senior in CyberSecurity please I need tips on how to transition successful into the labour market around the world. How I can sell myself I will really appreciate it.

Thank you all. For those awaiting visa it is done already. Almighty Allah will perfect it and I'm using this as a point of contact to my friend here awaiting his visa. You will testify soon
congrats is this standard or priority.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Zenanted(m): 12:36pm On Sep 14, 2021
This is a course I plan to do in future... If you're in the IT field, you should know that selling yourself won't be a big deal except you're just switching to IT but along the line during the cause of study, you'll know what you are faced with globally
Basirat6279:

VI TLS Assisted service

University of Kent

My fellow senior in CyberSecurity please I need tips on how to transition successful into the labour market around the world. How I can sell myself.

Thank you all for the encouragement and word of advice. For those awaiting visa it is done already. Almighty Allah will perfect it and I'm using this as a point of contact to my friend here awaiting his visa. You will testify soon Insha Allah.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Basirat6279: 12:51pm On Sep 14, 2021
Priority
Timmypaul:
congrats is this standard or priority.

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.