Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,443 members, 7,823,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (293) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1263087 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by sniperaz: 9:52am On Oct 01, 2021
Thanks for sharing.

This validates what I believe. Once you get the NSF mail, just know its a check that has to do with a third party verification that the HO has no control over - this is usually the financial institution you have provided their bank statement. Wise thing is to chase up with the bank once you get that mail.

DanWord:
Visa Alert! Visa Alert!! Visa Alert!!!

I give Glory to God.

Application: 17/9/21
Biometric: 21/9/21 Abuja Tls
Moved to VAC: 28/9/21 10:00 am
Collection mail: 28/9/21 12:00 am
Collected: 30/9/21

No non straightforward mail
No interview.
No Brp delay mail.

I declare my family in the uk and stated I will only spend quarantine at their place and gave their residence permit number. The wait no be hear. I think non straight forward mail comes mostly from the bank. I used a uk bank account belonging to my parent and it was very fast. Most of this Nigeria banks don't reply their mail from UKVI I think so. I thank God this time my only sure plug was God.

I remember my passport took 2 months after getting a plug at immigration office she collected express fee for one week. Also transcript took 2 months after greasing palm and all that. I was really frustrated, but was surprised how quick the visa application went. I give thanks to God and pray for anyone waiting May God give divine acceleration to your application.

For those contemplating on VI or Abuja, choose Abuja especially this time if you're in a hurry. Thanks to everyone who answered my questions and everyone who's experience gave me knowledge. Thanks alot justwise and the rest gurus.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by zealog: 9:54am On Oct 01, 2021
[quote author=Mashaunola post=106327943][/quote]

I've gotten my CAS from University of Bradford. I also did pre CAS interview. I'm awaiting my visa. Bradford will only issue you CAS after 28 days that your POF has matured. You need to send the evidence to them. It's after you've sent the evidence that a pre CAS interview will be conducted. Questions that may be asked include:
1. Why did you choose Bradford University?
2. Did you consider any other universities?
3. Why did you choose to study in the UK?
4. Why did you choose your course?
5. What was the last course you studied? How is it related to your present choice of course?
6. How do you think you can fit in in your present course?
7. What do you know about Bradford city?
8. What are your future plans, study and work, and how does your chosen course fit in to the plans?
9. How much are your tuition fees and living expenses, and who will be responsible for the payment?
10. How will you or the person responsible finance your study? Through work, savings or other means?
11. Where are you going to be living in Bradford? On campus or in private accommodation?
12. How far is the accommodation to the campus if it's a private residence?
13. Are your dependants coming with you?
14. Do you have family in the UK?
15. Have you ever been to the UK?
16. Have you ever been refused a visa to enter the UK?

These are the major questions you'll be asked. The interview takes about 30 minutes and it's virtual. I hope this helps. Best of luck.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by sniperaz: 10:09am On Oct 01, 2021
Yes, you're right. But are you going to use the court document as identification document for immigration purposes? No
The court document is to 'help' you get a new identification document in the new name.

So in this case, the court document (by itself) cannot serve the purpose for which the applicant wants it.

bemagnify:

Lols.. that is not true... The court documents supersedes all documents... except the constitution.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Olab92: 10:15am On Oct 01, 2021
Hello everyone,
Please I need a candid advice…

A friend of mine who has HND in business administration want to come to the uk for his masters.

Please Gurus in the house can you advise on a course he can do that will give him an edge for a job.

Also can you recommend schools that consider HND certificate.

Thanks as I await a quick response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by hustla(m): 10:18am On Oct 01, 2021
Alwaysachick:

Please, For 2years msc program,what POF do I need show before CAS can be issued.

Should be 9207 + your balance to school

Around 11200 total should do it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by hustla(m): 10:19am On Oct 01, 2021
Olab92:
Hello everyone,
Please I need a candid advice…

A friend of mine who has HND in business administration want to come to the uk for his masters.

Please Gurus in the house can you advise on a course he can do that will give him an edge for a job.

Also can you recommend schools that consider HND certificate.

Thanks as I await a quick response.

Scroll up

Or check the previous page

Someone already answered this
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by hustla(m): 10:21am On Oct 01, 2021
bemagnify:

So which bank are we going to use that will respond to UKVI emails or calls... Abeg make Una answer.o

Polaris was quick to respond to my school's request for confirmation
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by fregoscunt: 10:24am On Oct 01, 2021
Teledom1:

Hmm... That's serious. Thanks for the info
You’re welcome.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by fregoscunt: 10:35am On Oct 01, 2021
@owlette please check your mailbox
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Adsensegirl: 10:38am On Oct 01, 2021
Please help me @justwise and everyone someone just credited my account while I'm waiting for my POF to mature in the account. I hope there's no negative implication for that?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 01, 2021
em7even:
It's not a question of being possible. Has anyone gotten visa through that? �
ofcourse, people have gotten visa. if you have followed this tread from the onset, you will see visa alert of those that used two accounts. The most important is that, the two accts must meet up with the requirements for the POF.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Alonika(m): 10:40am On Oct 01, 2021
Please has anyone received collection mail today?.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Jaylo79: 10:42am On Oct 01, 2021
Alonika:
Please has anyone received collection mail today?.

They are not working today naw
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 01, 2021
Mashaunola:
Please anyone in the room that got an offfer from university of Bradford or has gotten his visa. Please what is the CAS issuance process like. I mean the time taken and pre CAs interview.
you need to send your POF and TB test to them
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by alwayspositive8: 10:55am On Oct 01, 2021
Na only God know oo...I used GTB , got a NSFM on 22nd, till now, I never hear anything and i did biometrics since 15th Sept. I called GTB, they said they never got mail from UKVI with regards my verification and even if they do, they always respond on time... So na only God know wetin UKVI dey find with the NSFM.Even though I have a US refusal which i declared
hoylumeeday:
Use GTB. UKVI have a good relationship with them

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Adsensegirl: 11:01am On Oct 01, 2021
fregoscunt:

If for any reason your balance goes below the POF amount needed even for an hour, your 28 days starts afresh.

what if you get credited will you start all over again?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 01, 2021
baerz:

Yes please. I want to know how the 28days work
the 28days is only when you are going to apply for the visa. Some schools also demand for POF before issuing CAS. The money will be in your acct for 28days. Then you print.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 01, 2021
Alwaysachick:

Please is POF needed before they can issue CAS?
some schools demand for POF before issuing CAS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 11:12am On Oct 01, 2021
zealog:

I've gotten my CAS from University of Bradford. I also did pre CAS interview. I'm awaiting my visa. Bradford will only issue you CAS after 28 days that your POF has matured. You need to send the evidence to them. It's after you've sent the evidence that a pre CAS interview will be conducted. Questions that may be asked include:
1. Why did you choose Bradford University?
2. Did you consider any other universities?
3. Why did you choose to study in the UK?
4. Why did you choose your course?
5. What was the last course you studied? How is it related to your present choice of course?
6. How do you think you can fit in in your present course?
7. What do you know about Bradford city?
8. What are your future plans, study and work, and how does your chosen course fit in to the plans?
9. How much are your tuition fees and living expenses, and who will be responsible for the payment?
10. How will you or the person responsible finance your study? Through work, savings or other means?
11. Where are you going to be living in Bradford? On campus or in private accommodation?
12. How far is the accommodation to the campus if it's a private residence?
13. Are your dependants coming with you?
14. Do you have family in the UK?
15. Have you ever been to the UK?
16. Have you ever been refused a visa to enter the UK?

These are the major questions you'll be asked. The interview takes about 30 minutes and it's virtual. I hope this helps. Best of luck.

pls, was the interview on skype or phone call? Were you called?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by justwise(m): 11:20am On Oct 01, 2021
Adsensegirl:
Please help me @justwise and everyone someone just credited my account while I'm waiting for my POF to mature in the account. I hope there's no negative implication for that?

Who did?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Yemzzyy: 11:26am On Oct 01, 2021
sniperaz:
Thanks for sharing.

This validates what I believe. Once you get the NSF mail, just know its a check that has to do with a third party verification that the HO has no control over - this is usually the financial institution you have provided their bank statement. Wise thing is to chase up with the bank once you get that mail.

This isn’t totally true, I got a non straightforward mail and my bank wasn’t contacted at all. These checks could be for other reasons e.g previous visa refusals

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by valyrose: 11:33am On Oct 01, 2021
Are there people whose banks were not contacted at all and they still got visa? What I'm trying to ask is does the ukvi verify with all banks submitted or is it a selective process?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Bukunmi93: 11:37am On Oct 01, 2021
I haven't received my result from Dante labs and today is my day 10, I fit comot tomorrow without the test result.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Domistic: 11:53am On Oct 01, 2021
Please we have an issue now and need urgent advise . My wife is already in the Uk isolating. A while ago she said that she was bathing when the door bell rang. When she finished and came out she did not see anyone again. Her mind is telling her that the Uk people has come to check on her. What can she do? Is there a mail or number to call and tell them that she is in the house but bathing when they visited. No other person in the house apart from her
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Sijuademi: 11:53am On Oct 01, 2021
@Justwise and guru in the house,

I would like to confirm if it is advisable to use fixed deposit investment as Proof of Funds (POF).

If yes, how do i go about it.

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Kj40: 12:01pm On Oct 01, 2021
Domistic:
Please we have an issue now and need urgent advise . My wife is already in the Uk isolating. A while ago she said that she was bathing when the door bell rang. When she finished and came out she did not see anyone again. Her mind is telling her that the Uk people has come to check on her. What can she do? Is there a mail or number to call and tell them that she is in the house but bathing when they visited. No other person in the house apart from her

Tell her to keep calm. grin grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Bourne007(m): 12:04pm On Oct 01, 2021
UKVI will accept money that is frozen in a certificate of deposit. However the certificate of deposit must prove that the money has already been held for 28 days.

Sijuademi:
@Justwise and guru in the house,

I would like to confirm if it is advisable to use fixed deposit investment as Proof of Funds (POF).

If yes, how do i go about it.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Adsensegirl: 12:04pm On Oct 01, 2021
justwise:

Who did?

I don't know.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Domistic: 12:07pm On Oct 01, 2021
Kj40:

Tell her to keep calm. grin grin
. Hmmmmm. What should she do. Will they call her?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by hoylumeeday: 12:07pm On Oct 01, 2021
They are concerned about the closing balance of the Bank account for each day and not every minute or hour
Let your mind be at rest, your POF is still intact

Teledom1:

Oh thank you for the info but there was a transaction showing of an out flow of deduction a said amount which shows on bank statement that the balance droped though the same amount was put back that same day though . Do you think it must have affected the 28days cos my feelings is that the money was still put back that same day ....what's your say on this ....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by hoylumeeday: 12:08pm On Oct 01, 2021
Access and Zenith are also good. I guess it's those new generation banks they always scrutinise well

Teledom1:

How about access and zenith
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Teledom1: 12:15pm On Oct 01, 2021
hoylumeeday:
Access and Zenith are also good. I guess it's those new generation banks they always scrutinise well

Oh ok

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.