Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,688 members, 7,816,799 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (487) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1256494 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by em7even(m): 7:39pm On Nov 05, 2021
ocpaschal:
Is it compulsory to have a UBA bank account before you can do a Form A payment?
Where will they get the money to send to your school from if you don't have an account with them?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by EmeeNaka: 7:40pm On Nov 05, 2021
em7even:

Mine was a Western Union quote and it was executed. The letterhead was my school's. Western Union is their international payment handler.
yeah, I got that. I was so surprised when the bank agent in the UBA Refused mine.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by EmeeNaka: 7:40pm On Nov 05, 2021
agbajekitson:

Okay because I got debited this afternoon and I'm yet to see an update on my portal. Telex not yet received too
Please check your Spam message
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Mikool101: 7:46pm On Nov 05, 2021
Mikool101:

Please @justwise @scooby,any other gurus.
Good evening to you all.
Please can you change your course to any related course when you get to UK. I found out that my course Msc In International Business in huddersfield is no longer accredited with Chartered Management Institute, while the related course Msc Management with International Business & Msc Management are both still accredited. I already gotten an offer which I have accepted and conditions met except initial deposit, which deadline is Dec 3. Please gurus in the house I have emailed the school about this but what do you guys think. I need that CMI for career progression. Should I go on with the offer I have with the mindset I change the coursewhen I get to the school in uk.
Please gurus in the house I need your advise urgently.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Mlsjim: 7:47pm On Nov 05, 2021
mystikal:
VISA ALERT

Application Type: Student Visa PhD

Applied on the 16th of October

Rescheduled Biometric earlier set for 20th October to 21st October (next day)

I did Biometrics on the 21st of October in Abuja (Priority)

Congratulations!

Received a Non straight forward mail on the 25th of October

Sent a paid email to UKVI on the 30th of October

Received an email about decision on 2nd November

Collected my visa via courier 5th November

Student visa valid till Jan 1st, 2026

It is instructive to note that I had an immigration problem with regards "overstaying" in the UK ten years ago, which ultimately carries a 10 year ban. I wasn't sure if I was effectively on a ten year ban or not but had to wait for 10 years to apply to enter the UK again. At some point I wasn't sure what to expect of the outcome, thats why this outcome is a super relief for me and a shot at second chance.

I am grateful to everyone here whose inputs I learnt from and believe more testimonies will come out from here.

Off to Glasgow in a couple of weeks.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Patnuel2015(m): 7:48pm On Nov 05, 2021
I am not aware of this. I ask about how to get this information
Oluwatosinliz:
make your findings very well bcoz 98% of students going to university of Bradford are aware of the deadline. Am scaring you but that is the fact. You can send msg to ese or Sheillah.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Gloriouscrown: 8:22pm On Nov 05, 2021
Mikool101:
Good evening to you all.
Please can you change your course to any related course when you get to UK. I found out that my course Msc In International Business in huddersfield is no longer accredited with Chartered Management Institute, while the related course Msc Management with International Business & Msc Management are both still accredited. I already gotten an offer which I have accepted and conditions met except initial deposit, which deadline is Dec 3. Please gurus in the house I have emailed the school about this but what do you guys think. I need that CMI for career progression. Should I go on with the offer I have with the mindset I change the coursewhen I get to the school in uk.

Hi, you can post this on the living in uk thread. You just might get the advice you need.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by 1stdami(m): 8:23pm On Nov 05, 2021
Hello Guy.

I would be glad if you guys can advice me on this issue.
I have a friend that just came to the UK from Nigeria. She arrived a bit late for school like 5 weeks behind her course. She did a bit of online classes but not very interactively.

Shes in the UK now but the school wants to cancel his visa and wants her to defer her admission and also go back to Nigeria.

The person has his BRP card and student ID already.

What can she do?

She has spent a lot of money to come here and already paid for accommodations and everything
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by BAMADE2021: 8:33pm On Nov 05, 2021
If ur documents are intact, u can still meet up Ur academic transcript, personal statement, certifcates, ur valuable time and money and money. Uwe close adm will close by 14th Nov, RGU by 14 Nov., many school are still available till end of this Nov., check university of Bolton, CGU, download lists of school check one by one. It might take time but it's very possible.
ShalewaT:
Hello guys. I want to start this UK study journey. I intend to start my masters by January. Can anyone help with schools still offering January admissions? Thank you all.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Kukujajaja: 8:37pm On Nov 05, 2021
Once you're in UK already. I suggest you book appointment with your students affairs dept, specifically immigration section. I am very sure they have immigration experts in various universities that can help you handle the situation. Relax! It will ends in praises!
Yemolu:
Hello @justwise and anyone who has been in my situation.

I am in the UK already as a Tier4 student.
I have paid 50% of my tuition and fully enrolled.
My dependents are ready to join me but I am confused if I need to show the balance of my school fees in addition to my dependent's maintenance fee or just their Maintenance fee will suffice in the 28days statement.
N.B: The funds will be in my Spouse's account.

Apart from my BRP, Enrollment letter , consent letter, Marriage and birth certificate .

Is there any other documents I should include?.

Help pls.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Dramadiddy(m): 8:40pm On Nov 05, 2021
I am actually going to visit the UK embassy this Monday cos I am really tired, since 16th august you held my passport and you can’t even tell me what the decision is, what’s all this secrecy for, on top passport wey I dey use hustle.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by lobinche101(m): 8:41pm On Nov 05, 2021
Ask questions. They will reply with account details and other infos but u must mail them.
ocpaschal:
u mean for RGU tuition/deposit fee... how do u use Form A pls?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 05, 2021
Patnuel2015:
suit yourself pls.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 05, 2021
i want to know if police report is necessary before travelling to UK

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 05, 2021
Patnuel2015:
suit yourself, pls.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by dollyparton(m): 8:50pm On Nov 05, 2021
[quote author=em7even post=107348304][/quote]
Wow. Thank God I didn't delay any longer in paying my deposit. Got an unconditional offer since and waited for about two weeks before I paid deposit because I was waiting for LMU. Paid since Monday but my portal was updated to reflect the payment yesterday. My POF is already 10 days into maturity and I'm doing my TB test next week. Do you have an idea what to expect from their pre-CAS interview?

Cc @em7even
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Kukujajaja: 8:55pm On Nov 05, 2021
Eya! I am so sorry for her conditions at present. It is quite unfortunate that lots of Nigerians failed to understand that UK education system is far different from Nigeria fire fighting approach to studies. They follow their calendar and academics dates and nothing can change a date. I think this case will serve as deterrent for others to learn from.
However, there is little light under the tunnels, if she decides to follow these principles.
Yes, having late few weeks to course starting date the university is afraid of losing their sponsor lienced, hence they're playing safe. I suggest she should just meet her programs leader and registers all her courses and assure the person in charge that she's ready to take up additional responsibilities in order to meet up with backlogs course work and assignments.
She can also negotiate for exams in replacement of any course works she has missed.

1stdami:
Hello Guy.

I would be glad if you guys can advice me on this issue.
I have a friend that just came to the UK from Nigeria. She arrived a bit late for school like 5 weeks behind her course. She did a bit of online classes but not very interactively.

Shes in the UK now but the school wants to cancel his visa and wants her to defer her admission and also go back to Nigeria.

The person has his BRP card and student ID already.

What can she do?

She has spent a lot of money to come here and already paid for accommodations and everything

7 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ShalewaT: 9:02pm On Nov 05, 2021
BAMADE2021:
If ur documents are intact, u can still meet up Ur academic transcript, personal statement, certifcates, ur valuable time and money and money. Uwe close adm will close by 14th Nov, RGU by 14 Nov., many school are still available till end of this Nov., check university of Bolton, CGU, download lists of school check one by one. It might take time but it's very possible.
I don't have the academic transcript. I don't know how long that's going to take.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Mikool101: 9:06pm On Nov 05, 2021
Gloriouscrown:

Thank you so much. Please am trying to find the thread, can you send the link. Thanks once again.
Hi, you can post this on the living in uk thread. You just might get the advice you need.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Godlives1: 9:06pm On Nov 05, 2021
I got straight unconditional offer from BCU today. Although I applied August 15.

House please BCU requires original copies of certificates including proof of English (WAEC) on enrolment. But I lost my WAEC Certificate in 2016, but I have police report. Would this suffice? I have the original on soft copy, which I uploaded on the portal to support my application along with scratch card. What can I do?

Mikool101:
Hello everyone, anyone here going to Birmingham City University in January. Please how long does it take them to send an offer letter? I applied since 27th of September. Anyone knows their Nigeria reps.
It's urgent.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Mikool101: 9:13pm On Nov 05, 2021
Godlives1:
I got straight unconditional offer from BCU today. Although I applied August 15.

House please BCU requires original copies of certificates including proof of English (WAEC) on enrolment. But I lost my WAEC Certificate in 2016, but I have police report. Would this suffice? I have the original on soft copy, which I uploaded on the portal to support my application along with scratch card. What can I do?

Wow, that means I can't meet up for January then. Tbh, I don't know much about waec stuff. Maybe you can ask some gurus in the house. I wish you good luck.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ogbaba123: 9:15pm On Nov 05, 2021
Hello,

Please is there anyone currently in the ... to be precise and has a spare to room for rent.

Kindly reach out please, it’s urgent.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by 1stdami(m): 9:16pm On Nov 05, 2021
Thanks for the advice big man

Kukujajaja:
Eya! I am so sorry for her conditions at present. It is quite unfortunate that lots of Nigerians failed to understand that UK education system is far different from Nigeria fire fighting approach to studies. They follow their calendar and academics dates and nothing can change a date. I think this case will serve as deterrent for others to learn from.
However, there is little light under the tunnels, if she decides to follow these principles.
Yes, having late few weeks to course starting date the university is afraid of losing their sponsor lienced, hence they're playing safe. I suggest she should just meet her programs leader and registers all her courses and assure the person in charge that she's ready to take up additional responsibilities in order to meet up with backlogs course work and assignments.
She can also negotiate for exams in replacement of any course works she has missed.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by DMainMan: 9:18pm On Nov 05, 2021
Mikool101:
Good evening to you all.

Tell them you want to change your course to the accredited CMI course. Do not pay any deposit I don't think you can change your course because of that reason. So sort everything now since you have not paid any deposit. Threaten you might reject the school if they don't change your course.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by dollyparton(m): 9:31pm On Nov 05, 2021
[quote author=em7even post=107348304][/quote]

Wow. Thank God I didn't delay any longer in paying my deposit. Got an unconditional offer since and waited for about two weeks before I paid deposit because I was waiting for LMU. Paid since Monday but my portal was updated to reflect the payment yesterday. My POF is already 10 days into maturity and I'm doing my TB test next week. Do you have an idea what to expect from their pre-CAS interview?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by dollyparton(m): 9:31pm On Nov 05, 2021
dollyparton:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Mikool101: 9:34pm On Nov 05, 2021
DMainMan:

Thank you for your response. Tbh the only alternative school right now is birmingham city university but I have not gotten their offer yet and January is around the corner. So right now huddersfield is my only shot. Do I call them, threatening that I may reject their offer.

Tell them you want to change your course to the accredited CMI course. Do not pay any deposit I don't think you can change your course because of that reason. So sort everything now since you have not paid any deposit. Threaten you might reject the school if they don't change your course.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Mikool101: 9:37pm On Nov 05, 2021
@gloriouscrown please can you send me the link.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by LegalTc1: 9:41pm On Nov 05, 2021
ocpaschal:
how do i test out my QR code on the vaccinated card? what app

Most smartphone cameras will direct you to the website once you place the camera over the QR code.

In the alternative u can download a qrcode scanner from ur app store.
Or
U manually input ur vaccination ID on the NPHCDA website and u will see your vaccination status.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by BAMADE2021: 10:05pm On Nov 05, 2021
Your work will start from dere. Arrange ur transcript first. I don't think it's possible to get unconditional offer, without transcript. Just act like u want to meet up with Jan, if not possible then you might be looking forward to schools that have march/april/may season, although they are not much
ShalewaT:

I don't have the academic transcript. I don't know how long that's going to take.

(1) (2) (3) ... (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.