Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (754) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1272210 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) (757) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Lekods04: 11:47am On Dec 16, 2021
hadigun:

Did you pay for priority? Did you collect your refund?

Priority was not available. So by default, it's standard for everyone at that time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by BolaT53: 11:56am On Dec 16, 2021
Please do I need to upload my CAS with my visa application.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by MercyJJC: 12:03pm On Dec 16, 2021
bali233:
Pls nobody should pay for priority. It is clearly stated on the tls website that it is unavailable. And for people having probs with form A. You can try western union pay online. Its like 570naira per pound on exchange

It's only possible to pay for priority if the service is available on TLS site. The issue being discussed only affects those who applied and chose the service before it was removed.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Gloriouscrown: 12:05pm On Dec 16, 2021
Rollitout:
VISA ALERT VISA ALERT

Na God I give all the glory.

CAS issued 1st of December.

Visa fee payment 2nd of December.

Biometrics 3rd of December.

Got another CAS from backup university 6th of December but sticked to 1st choice university.

NSF Mail received 7th of December.

Proof of employment and certifications sent same day.

Paid mail sent for visa update 11th of December.

More inquiry about visa status sent 14th of Dec.

Visa tracking still at DMC 14th of Dec.

Collection mail 15th of December.

Visa tracking now at VAC and awaiting collection.

Visa received 16th of December.

Declared US refusal in 2017

Qualification used
1. Transcript
2. B.tech certificate
3. Cv
4. Duolingo English Test used (DET) equivalent to 7.5 IELTS, No WAEC nor IELTS was used, WAEC more than 22 years and can't be used.
5. Well written SOP
6. POF 15m naira personal fund || sold my land for 16m naira.

Now getting ready for Scotland

Congrats

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by opeoyek: 12:07pm On Dec 16, 2021
Thank you
Amazoner01:

You have a chance, just be the first person on the queue
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by opeoyek: 12:12pm On Dec 16, 2021
VI or.Ikeja Centre?
cutelekush01:

I don’t think so. My friend has been sleeping there since Tuesday and he just entered like 10min ago. He said he should be able to get it done today.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by opeoyek: 12:13pm On Dec 16, 2021
Ok thanks for your response
Amazoner01:

You have a chance, just be the first person on the queue
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by SerendipityHere: 12:13pm On Dec 16, 2021
Family of 6?!!!

Wow! Wow!! I am so happy for you. Big Congratulations to you and your family!

I too shall come here to testify for my family and I in Jesus name. Amen.

lawali:
Visa Alert! Visa Alert!! Visa Alert!!!

Giving thanks to Allah, from where it started from till now. All praises belongs to Him.

Family of 6
Biometrics: 13th of September (Main Applicant)
Collection mail : 22nd of September (priority)
Passport collection: 27th of September.

Biometrics: 9th of November (Dependents)
Collection mail : 28th of November (standard)
Passport collection: 29th of November.

No NSF mail/call
I only called UKVI for cancellation of submitted application with wrong email address.

Thanks to all Nairaland family. Especially Justwise, Scooby and many others who takes time to answer questions here and even guide people privately, you are really appreciated. More success to you in your endeavors (amen).

The journey continues. Wish all others breakthrough as well (amen)

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by SerendipityHere: 12:16pm On Dec 16, 2021
Congratulations to you!

IvanCardozo:
Glory to God Almighty!!!
Visa Alert! Visa Alert!!

I wish you all good luck as you await your own approval too. May the UK favor us all.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Newbie123: 12:23pm On Dec 16, 2021
LuchiBianca:
Oxford Brookes, Canterbury Christchurch University, Lincoln University,. These are all September starts. Bournemouth Uni too.
So I just checked Dundee website. It's say you can claim 50% of the programme with recognition of prior learning. That's the work port folio part so you get 2 years instead of 3. Pls contact the school of you want to go this route.

Thanks sis. You're so helpful!

I applied to all already except Lincoln cos intake is January.

Fingers crossed. Waiting for feedback from other schools. Probably in January after the break
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by eluquenson(m): 12:30pm On Dec 16, 2021
BolaT53:
Please do I need to upload my CAS with my visa application.
Not compulsory, but you can upload it.

I know someone that didn't add it but still got his vida
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Resurgent2016: 12:43pm On Dec 16, 2021
[quote author=dejaylapel08 post=108544383][/quote]

Thanks will send you a msg shortly
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by cutelekush01: 1:04pm On Dec 16, 2021
opeoyek:
VI or.Ikeja Centre?

VI
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by DhammiBB: 1:04pm On Dec 16, 2021
Has anyone gotten collection mail for biometric on November 30th…. Standard application pls…! Anyone..?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by LuchiBianca(f): 1:18pm On Dec 16, 2021
Plymouth also rejected my application because of study gap is more than 5 years. Their wahala too much. The oral interview is not the problem persay. Problem is the RPL aka work portfolio. That's where the hardwork comes in.
Adjust personal statement and try again. It helps strengthen your application. They need to see and feel your motivation. For Plymouth they would have stated how months experience they required of you. If you've acquired the number of hours that is needed you can always reapply. Did you apply to Bournemouth Uni?

Safeob27:

Good evening sis, I’m guessing you’re in the UK already studying adult nursing…if you don’t mind me asking, what school please?…I am currently applying for the same course and have an interview with Dundee next month …how were your nursing interviews?
Lastly I got rejected by Plymouth cuz of lack of experience in a hospital but I’m currently working in a hospital now ..do you think I can re apply?
Derby also rejected me because of my personal statement, according to them . If I make changes to my personal statement can I reapply or I should just move on

Would really love to talk to you beyond naira land if you don’t mind
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by GMs: 1:21pm On Dec 16, 2021
Good day everyone, my wife is the main applicant and we intend to submit our application next week. I’m confused on the POF, reason being. She’s had 13.2 million in her account untouched for over a month, and about two weeks ago. I sent her 4.5 million just so the money would cover for me being her dependant. So the total money she has is 17.7M. Although I have money of my own as well in my personal account which covers dependant, matured that’s also over 28 days. My question is while applying, can we apply together or it’s advisable she apply first then later I submit my own application cause the Extra 4.5M I sent her wouldn’t have matured for me next week. Or Can we both submit our bank statements and apply together ? Please guys help me with answers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Newbie123: 1:21pm On Dec 16, 2021
LuchiBianca:
Oxford Brookes, Canterbury Christchurch University, Lincoln University,. These are all September starts. Bournemouth Uni too.
So I just checked Dundee website. It's say you can claim 50% of the programme with recognition of prior learning. That's the work port folio part so you get 2 years instead of 3. Pls contact the school of you want to go this route.

Inside life...

I've just gotten unconditional offer for Social work with 5k scholarship. Fee would now be 15k. Lol
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Amazoner01: 1:28pm On Dec 16, 2021
GMs:
Good day everyone, my wife is the main applicant and we intend to submit our application next week. I’m confused on the POF, reason being. She’s had 13.2 million in her account untouched for over a month, and about two weeks ago. I sent her 4.5 million just so the money would cover for me being her dependant. So the total money she has is 17.7M. Although I have money of my own as well in my personal account which covers dependant, matured that’s also over 28 days. My question is while applying, can we apply together or it’s advisable she apply first then later I submit my own application cause the Extra 4.5M I sent her wouldn’t have matured for me next week. Or Can we both submit our bank statements and apply together ? Please guys help me with answers
Apply together with both accounts
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by LuchiBianca(f): 1:29pm On Dec 16, 2021
What uni? Fees is still expensive sha. Congratulations. Its good to have options

Newbie123:

Inside life...

I've just gotten unconditional offer for Social work with 5k scholarship. Fee would now be 15k. Lol

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Newbie123: 1:30pm On Dec 16, 2021
Dundee.

Yea. Trying to see if there's a dealine for accepting the offer so i can hold out

LuchiBianca:
What uni? Fees is still expensive sha. Congratulations. Its good to have options

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by LuchiBianca(f): 1:50pm On Dec 16, 2021
Had an offer for SW for Lincoln. They also give 5k scholarships to African students reducing the fees 10500. But you pay 50% of the remaining upon enrolment.
Try applying to Liverpool Hope and Wolverhampton and Gloucestershire for SW. Their fees are under 7k pounds per year.
Newbie123:
Dundee.

Yea. Trying to see if there's a dealine for accepting the offer so i can hold out

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by sweetoma: 1:51pm On Dec 16, 2021
Gurus in the house, help me confirm that my calculation is correct. I have POF of N20.6m in total for family of 3, going to a location outside london. I calculated school fees as £15600 minus tuition deposit of £3000. That is £12600 + £9207 for my maintenance fee then £12240 as maintenance fee for two dependents, giving a total of £34500, current Oanda rate is 543, so I calculated at the rate of 555 for inflation which brings it to N18.8m. Is my calculation correct ? And is it safe to deduct the money on top and leave 19m in the account on the day of visa application if the rate is still at 543 on that day ?

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by centuryman(m): 1:59pm On Dec 16, 2021
Congratulations

Rollitout:
VISA ALERT VISA ALERT

Na God I give all the glory.

CAS issued 1st of December.

Visa fee payment 2nd of December.

Biometrics 3rd of December.

Got another CAS from backup university 6th of December but sticked to 1st choice university.

NSF Mail received 7th of December.

Proof of employment and certifications sent same day.

Paid mail sent for visa update 11th of December.

More inquiry about visa status sent 14th of Dec.

Visa tracking still at DMC 14th of Dec.

Collection mail 15th of December.

Visa tracking now at VAC and awaiting collection.

Visa received 16th of December.

Declared US refusal in 2017

Qualification used
1. Transcript
2. B.tech certificate
3. Cv
4. Duolingo English Test used (DET) equivalent to 7.5 IELTS, No WAEC nor IELTS was used, WAEC more than 22 years and can't be used.
5. Well written SOP
6. POF 15m naira personal fund || sold my land for 16m naira.

Now getting ready for Scotland

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Newbie123: 1:59pm On Dec 16, 2021
LuchiBianca:
Had an offer for SW for Lincoln. They also give 5k scholarships to African students reducing the fees 10500. But you pay 50% of the remaining upon enrolment.
Try applying to Liverpool Hope and Wolverhampton and Gloucestershire for SW. Their fees are under 7k pounds per year.

Cool. I will though Nursing is my first choice
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by LuchiBianca(f): 2:17pm On Dec 16, 2021
Me too. SW was a plan B just in case
Newbie123:

Cool. I will though Nursing is my first choice

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Amazoner01: 2:33pm On Dec 16, 2021
sweetoma:
Gurus in the house, help me confirm that my calculation is correct. I have POF of N20.6m in total for family of 3, going to a location outside london. I calculated school fees as £15600 minus tuition deposit of £3000. That is £12600 + £9207 for my maintenance fee then £12240 as maintenance fee for two dependents, giving a total of £34500, current Oanda rate is 543, so I calculated at the rate of 555 for inflation which brings it to N18.8m. Is my calculation correct ? And is it safe to deduct the money on top and leave 19m in the account on the day of visa application if the rate is still at 543 on that day ?
Yes you're rights and you can withdraw but why not out the bench mark to 560 to b be on a safer side?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ATBCOVENAN(m): 3:10pm On Dec 16, 2021
Please at the UK point of entry do you need to show POF again as a dependabt of a Student?

Please help me as my son is travelling to uk next week
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Zena1357: 3:12pm On Dec 16, 2021
Pls can i be refused visa based on the fact that I would be using my dad's bank statement for application as he's my sponsor, someone told me he was refused based on this reason a while back, that got me confused as hell as the account has been counting for a few days now, please a candid and helpful advice would be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by LuchiBianca(f): 3:26pm On Dec 16, 2021
Your father can sponsor you. Pls go to page one of this thread for list of supporting documents to Provide for when your father is
your sponsor.

Zena1357:
Pls can i be refused visa based on the fact that I would be using my dad's bank statement for application as he's my sponsor, someone told me he was refused based on this reason a while back, that got me confused as hell as the account has been counting for a few days now, please a candid and helpful advice would be appreciated. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by LuchiBianca(f): 3:27pm On Dec 16, 2021
It is advisable to have a printout with you. Sometimes they ask, sometimes they don't. It's at their discretion.
ATBCOVENAN:
Please at the UK point of entry do you need to show POF again as a dependabt of a Student?

Please help me as my son is travelling to uk next week
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by James4presh: 3:29pm On Dec 16, 2021
Yes, let him put the money in your account and wait for 28 days before your apply for UK student visa

Zena1357:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) (757) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.