Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,358 members, 7,819,287 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (962) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1260654 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (959) (960) (961) (962) (963) (964) (965) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Affam: 12:48am On Jan 18, 2022
DuBooVay:
By your calculation, when does the 15 working days elapse? Your visa may be granted but I don't think youd be granted entry at the border. Your visa fee I doubt will be returned. If you want to use another cas then you most likely need to cancel the current application in which case your ihs will be refunded so long as a decision hasnt been made
The 15 days elapse since last week tuesday, If a decision has been made and the school insist the on d deadline, pls what can be done? Can the IHS be refunded?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Shodipe33(m): 12:50am On Jan 18, 2022
2bbieyy:

Congratulations
Thank you baba
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Olasewa: 12:50am On Jan 18, 2022
Heitch:
Anyone going to University of Hull in Sept (2022/2023)? Please let’s rub minds.

Yes !
Have you been given admission?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Fifystreat: 12:51am On Jan 18, 2022
Please who is traveling this week with qatar?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Fifystreat: 12:53am On Jan 18, 2022
LuchiBianca:
He's fully vaccinated and don't need pre departure test. All he need are passenger locator form and day 2 lateral flow test and proof of vaccination
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by DuBooVay(f): 12:59am On Jan 18, 2022
IHs is refunded when you cancel or get a refusal. If you dont show up before the 24th your sch may likely defer you to the next intake. Then youd need to make another application with the updated cas they give you. Pls send a paid mail to know if a decision has been made
Affam:

The 15 days elapse since last week tuesday, If a decision has been made and the school insist the on d deadline, pls what can be done? Can the IHS be refunded?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by DuBooVay(f): 1:04am On Jan 18, 2022
I am optimistic you'd meet the deadline shaaaa. Rooting for you
Affam:

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Affam: 1:07am On Jan 18, 2022
DuBooVay:
IHs is refunded when you cancel or get a refusal. If you dont show up before the 24th your sch may likely defer you to the next intake. Then youd need to make another application with the updated cas they give you. Pls send a paid mail to know if a decision has been made
Thank you.. I have sent another paid mail yesterday but no response have been given yet.
If my admission is eventually deferred and I am making another application, will it involved doing a fresh biometrics, pof, TB test and all that follows?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Affam: 1:08am On Jan 18, 2022
DuBooVay:
I am optimistic you'd meet the deadline shaaaa. Rooting for you
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by DharmmieO: 1:08am On Jan 18, 2022
I just received a pre-conditional offer to study at the University of Roehampton. It's an MBA course with placement. Will there be any threat to my admission if I request to change it to the one year MBA course instead?

Anyone with any thought on this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by DuBooVay(f): 1:19am On Jan 18, 2022
Pof, yes, tb test depends on the intake and validity on your results.
Affam:

Thank you.. I have sent another paid mail yesterday but no response have been given yet.
If my admission is eventually deferred and I am making another application, will it involved doing a fresh biometrics, pof, TB test and all that follows?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by bunmiann: 2:42am On Jan 18, 2022
Iferewaju:
VISA ALERT!!!
Only God did this, to him be the glory.

Family of 4
Biometrics... Mon 20th Dec TLS Abuja
No NSF mail
Moved to VAC.... Thur 13th Jan
Collection mail... Thur 13th Jan
Dhl delivery.. Mon 17th Jan

Docs for main applicant (11yrs study gap)
POF, Bsc cert, IELTS, IOM Tb cert, Passport data page
Docs for spouse (1 canada refusal declared last year)
Marriage cert, affidavit for wedding and change of name, newspaper change of name, POF (same as hubby), IOM Tb cert, Picmix of hubby and wife, passport data page
Docs for Child dependent (same for both of them)
Birth cert, Letter of consent signed by both parents, IOM certificate, passport data page, POF (same as main applicant)

Didn't upload any work evidence despite the study gap

*** Advice for expecting people.. Don't beat yourself, caseworkers are different. It will eventually end in praise by God's grace...***
Special thanks to the good people here... Tho i started reading after I submitted, you guys carried me through the waiting period.

Congratulations

Please can I get the letter of consent sample?
Olubunmiopeyemianifowose@gmail.com.

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Phenmeson(m): 2:57am On Jan 18, 2022
Bsensei:
Please anyone with admission details of Ulster university Birmingham. I am thinking of applying for may intake. I want to know how long their admission process takes.

You get your Conditional offer less than 2weeks. You can even get it 5days after making application

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Affam: 4:13am On Jan 18, 2022
DuBooVay:
By your calculation, when does the 15 working days elapse? Your visa may be granted but I don't think youd be granted entry at the border. Your visa fee I doubt will be returned. If you want to use another cas then you most likely need to cancel the current application in which case your ihs will be refunded so long as a decision hasnt been made. I had to go back and check your posts. Seems your biometrics was 20th,going by that your visa may be ready. Did you recently send a paid mail? Maybe you should. My advise is to pack your luggage on standby in faith, ticket money ready to go for when visa drops this week hopefully
Thank you, u are truly Gods sent. I won't want to put all my eggs in one basket, I am thinking of ways forward.
Let's say a decision has been made and the school insists on that deadline, what becomes my fate? Can I get a total IHS refund?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by suzzietee: 5:10am On Jan 18, 2022
Affam:

Thank you, u are truly Gods sent. I won't want to put all my eggs in one basket, I am thinking of ways forward.
Let's say a decision has been made and the school insists on that deadline, what becomes my fate? Can I get a total IHS refund?

Enrolment is different from being physically present. So you can confirm from your school if you can enrol online and also ask them if your BRP is there already. This will let you know if you can fully pack your stuffs a d book your flight ticket.
Best of luck
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Star19: 5:41am On Jan 18, 2022
I got this from UKVI again after I was asked yesterday to provide employment records an employer’s references.

I’m a bit confused, should I go ahead and send the references?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by fongsaiyuk: 5:58am On Jan 18, 2022
Bro I have seen in your previous post asking if you should return the visa to VAC lol. If you get the Visa even though it will be a risk but it is a risk worth taking. By all means travel with it. It is not even guaranteed you would be asked what date your latest resumption is at the point of entry and even if you get asked Its going to be more of a rhetorical question, whoever is asking you doesn't work for your uni so they don't know anyway. My 1cent
Affam:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Dscoal11: 6:04am On Jan 18, 2022
kennykale:

NSF means Non Straight Forward

Paid mail, click this link below

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk/y/outside-the-uk/something-else/english

Thanks. I appreciate.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by efosakelly: 6:18am On Jan 18, 2022
Star19:
I got this from UKVI again after I was asked yesterday to provide employment records an employer’s references.

Why are you confused? , send them the document that was requested to avoid further delay,
you applied on the 29 Dec. you should count 15 working days minus weekend and holidays and see if it match with their calculations.
if you had received NSF mail, just have it in mind your application is most likely to stay longer than 15 working days, whereas the outcome and speed depends on how fast you provide the additional documents or if they are trying to verify other documents that also depend on how fast the institution respond.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by User10011: 6:41am On Jan 18, 2022
Have you contacted them to inform them of your situation? You may tell them that your visa is still being processed thus, you’ll be unable to touch the funds yet till you get your visa from ukvi
Affam:

Pls help a brother..

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Damilola59: 6:45am On Jan 18, 2022
kennykale:
This is a story from a group chat narrated by a member of the group about her experience at Manchester Airport

Got to Manchester airport on 12th,and at the point of entry it was fireeeeee with questions from the IO....
Immigration officer:Good Morning
Me:Good Morning
Immigration officer:welcome to Manchester
Me:Thank you
Immigration officer:What are you here for??
Me:To study
Immigration officer:What school??
Me:University of Salford
Immigration officer :Do you have your balance with you??
Me:Yes I do
Immigration officer :Can I take a look at it
Me:I gave her my Bank statement I printed out before leaving Nigeria,mind I didn’t make transactions on the account the whole of December I only made transactions on the account in Nov which I think affected the whole situation and made her question me more,so I’d advice everyone to keep making transactions on his/her till you travel or when you still have your pof in your account..
Immigration officer:Are you sure you still have money in this account
Me:Yes I do....whereas you all know how we run the pof paro
Immigration officer:You only printed for Nov,I need to see for Dec and Jan
Me:in my head I said aha my fathers family finally followed me again ��I started shaking, I sha told her to check the date written on the print out which was 1st of Nov to 28th of dec.
Immigration officer ;said again I’m only seeing for Nov
Me:I just told myself I have to face this,I got more confident in myself and told her I didn’t make transactions in my account the whole of dec but the statement she has with her is from Nov to dec.
Immigration officer:Can you show me on your Bank App
Me:Told her I didn’t register for it
Immigration officer:Can I see your Atm card
Me:I told her I didn’t also register for it that the only proof I have is the bank statement with her
Immigration officer :How do you intend to balance your fee since you can’t access your account??
Me:Told her my mom is also a signatory to my account
Immigration officer :Where will you be staying here in Manchester
Me:With a friend
Immigration officer :How much do you have on you
Me:told her 200pounds
Immigration officer:How would you live on 200pounds since you can’t access your Account
Me:Told her my mom can always send money to me using my friends account
Immigration officer:Asked about my friend,if she working or school,her course etc I can’t remember some
Me:I lied at some points tho
Immigration officer:ask about my course told her
Immigration officer :Asked about the course modules told her
Immigration officer:how much is left to be paid told her
Immigration officer:which of the modules are you doing first told her (thank God I learnt about my modules very well before traveling)
Immigration officer:Will you be writing exams or dissertation??
Me:dissertation
Immigration officer:how many words
Me:I started thinking again that what kind of question is this one again,I just said any rubbish that came out of my mouth broke her 3000words��and smiled at her....na rubbish I talk for here o �����
Immigration officer:when is your first exam
Me:and I’m like wait they sent this woman to me cause wtf are these questions
(I told her ma honestly I can’t answer that cause I haven’t checked my timetable)
Immigration officer:did you send a message to the school telling them you got your visa and you would be coming to Salford
Me:Yes
Immigration officer:can I see the content
Me:I sent via my email
Immigration officer:can I see it
Me:opened my phone,scroll to my email and showed her
Immigration officer:went to check some of my other messages on the mail
Me:was just praying she doesn’t scroll to my bank app cause my own don finish na straight back to Nigeria,while she was checking a call came in she gave me the phone,I declined it and she collected it back,the call came in again she went to put my phone on flight mode and I was like wth,who sent this woman to me??my village people ?
Immigration officer:Take back your phone
Me:Thank you
Immigration officer:collected my file from me
Me:and I was ����

Immigration officer:went through all my documents in the file and saw where I worked with pandora and she asked are you sure you worked with pandora or it’s fake??
Me:I boldly told her yes I worked with them as so so so and so
Immigration officer:wow that’s nice
Immigration officer:saw the deposit payment I made and asked is this the deposit you paid
Me:yes
Immigration officer:how much was the discount given??
Me :3500
She was busy checking all my files and I was just praying to God at this point
Immigration officer:where is your laptop??
Me:Brought it out
And she checked and checked cause I spent more than 30mins with her.....trust me it was like 2hours I got exhausted at some points
She asked questions that I can’t even remember but these are just few of the ones I could remember....so guys be prepared for anything let your yes be yes and let your no be no,don’t contradict yourself when answering them o.....
Immigration officer:She finally stamped me and welcomed me again
Me:but me in my mind after killing me with questions I sha told her thank you and left.

This is my own personal experience and it’s fucking real... @Esther
Is a witness cause she was scared on my behalf and wondered what could have gone wrong.
Wow

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Affam: 6:47am On Jan 18, 2022
User10011:
Have you contacted them to inform them of your situation? You may tell them that your visa is still being processed thus, you’ll be unable to touch the funds yet till you get your visa from ukvi
I have but their response yesterday wasn't encouraging at all..they were just insisting on that 24th or I defer
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Sonwa: 6:49am On Jan 18, 2022
Please am trying to book for my biometric at abj tls and am confused... Which of these dates are free and what does each of them mean?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by timilehyin01(m): 6:52am On Jan 18, 2022
Fifystreat:
Please who is traveling this week with qatar?

Most likely early next week..can I connect with u pls
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Otunbalai(m): 7:00am On Jan 18, 2022
ennygal:
Good afternoon. Please is there any social work applicant in this group?

Yes, for September intake
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Dimejidude(m): 7:01am On Jan 18, 2022
Sonwa:
Please am trying to book for my biometric at abj tls and am confused... Which of these dates are free and what does each of them mean?
Thursday 27th at 2pm is free.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by LuchiBianca(f): 7:12am On Jan 18, 2022
Did you try to click on those times showing?
Sonwa:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ahmadinho2010(m): 7:19am On Jan 18, 2022
Please if I’m making enquiry for me and my wife , can I send just 1 paid mail for both of us
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Mikool101: 7:23am On Jan 18, 2022
Star19:

Good morning. I thought you said your biometrics was Dec 29, so how is Jan 24, 15 working days to them.
Na only God go save us from this people.
Did you send paid mail to ukvi?
The most important thing is you must send your employment details asap.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Star19: 7:24am On Jan 18, 2022
efosakelly:

Why are you confused? , send them the document that was requested to avoid further delay,
you applied on the 29 Dec. you should count 15 working days minus weekend and holidays and see if it match with their calculations.
if you had received NSF mail, just have it in mind your application is most likely to stay longer than 15 working days, whereas the outcome and speed depends on how fast you provide the additional documents or if they are trying to verify other documents that also depend on how fast the institution respond.

Thank you very much. I will send the documents today
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Mikool101: 7:27am On Jan 18, 2022
efosakelly:

But that calculation of 15 working days wrong sha.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Star19: 7:29am On Jan 18, 2022
efosakelly:

Thank you. I will send the documents to them today

(1) (2) (3) ... (959) (960) (961) (962) (963) (964) (965) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.