Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Put Others First – Pastor Chris - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Put Others First – Pastor Chris (869 Views)

An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Put Others First – Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 8:53pm On May 19, 2011
(1 Corinthians 13:5 AMP
…Love (God’s love in us) does not insist on its own rights {or} its own way, {for} it is not self-seeking; it is not touchy {or} fretful {or} resentful… ).

Romans 12:10
God’s love does not insist on his own right or his own way for it’s not self-seeking. In other words, it cares more for others than for self. As a child of God you must learn to put others first. This is one of the characteristics of “agape” – God’s kind of love – it’s not selfish. The Bible says “Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another” ().

Another attribute of love revealed in the opening scripture is that is not touchy. There are people who are touchy or quick-tempered; they’re so sensitive, you have to be careful the way you talk to them, lest they be offended. That’s not the way of love. Love is not easily offended.

Love is not resentful. Have no enemies. Never have people you dislike, hate, or show antipathy towards. Love doesn’t permit that. To harbour resentment is an ugly attitude that defiles a man’s spirit. Never find yourself acting like you’ve been cheated in life just because you heard of someone else’s promotion or something that’s been done to honour someone else.

Search your heart with the Word today, and be sure that the attributes of love listed in 1 Corinthians 13 form the basis with which you relate with other people. Never rejoice at the injustice suffered by others, rather, rejoice only when right and truth prevail. Refuse to be conceited, self-seeking, touchy or resentful.

Confession
I refuse to be resentful, touchy, or self-seeking, because I’m full of divine love! The love of God is growing in my heart, and I’m deeply rooted and grounded in love. As I go forth today, I manifest love to everyone I meet, Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
1 Corinthians 13:1-2 AMP
IF I [can] speak in the tongues of men and [even] of angels, but have not love (that reasoning, intentional, spiritual devotion such as is inspired by God's love for and in us), I am only a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

2And if I have prophetic powers (the gift of interpreting the divine will and purpose), and understand all the secret truths and mysteries and possess all knowledge, and if I have [sufficient] faith so that I can remove mountains, but have not love (God's love in me) I am nothing (a useless nobody).

Re: Put Others First – Pastor Chris by EarsWide(m): 9:01pm On May 19, 2011
Put others first but pay me N1000 for the new year days service ?  grin grin grin

Abeg you and your 419 Oyaks should go and sit down jare.
Re: Put Others First – Pastor Chris by Zikkyy(m): 9:29pm On May 19, 2011
Joagbaje:

Romans 12:10
God’s love does not insist on his own right or his own way for it’s not self-seeking. In other words, it cares more for others than for self. As a child of God you must learn to put others first. This is one of the characteristics of “agape” – God’s kind of love – it’s not selfish. The Bible says “Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another” ().

Joagbaje:

Further Study
1 Corinthians 13:1-2 AMP
IF I [can] speak in the tongues of men and [even] of angels, but have not love (that reasoning, intentional, spiritual devotion such as is inspired by God's love for and in us), I am only a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

2And if I have prophetic powers (the gift of interpreting the divine will and purpose), and understand all the secret truths and mysteries and possess all knowledge, and if I have [sufficient] faith so that I can remove mountains, but have not love (God's love in me) I am nothing (a useless nobody).

Oyaks should take this sermon to his private jet loving colleagues. They need to read these verse and repent. A pastor with a private jet does not have God's love in him smiley

(1) (Reply)

By Their Fruit You Will Recognize Them - Matthew 7:16 And 20 / Glorious Vision Of The King Of Glory / Questions And Insights For Muslims Who Criticize Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.