Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,958 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. (1677 Views)

Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West / MIURIC Demands Shari’ah Courts In South West & Edo - Ishaq Akintola / Establish Shari‘ah Courts In South-West - Muslims Tell Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. by MyopicMods: 4:25pm On Aug 21, 2021
The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has asked the Federal Government to immediately establish ecclesiastical courts in the country to correspond with the existing Sharia court.

Reverend Adeolu Adeyemo, CAN’s chairman in Kano State, made the request on Thursday at the ongoing public hearings on the review of the 1999 Constitution (as amended) taking place in the state.

According to him, if the country cannot remain secular as provided in the 1999 constitution, there is an urgent need to equally establish ecclesiastical courts to balance the existence of Sharia courts in the country.
Similarly, the Bauchi State chapter of CAN also demanded that the ecclesiastical courts must be included in the Nigerian constitution to attend to the yearnings of Nigerian Christians.

The association insisted that the Christians have been marginalised and discriminated against over the provision for Sharia court without Christians having their own.

DAILY POST reports that Sharia law has been in existence in the country since 1999, when then Zamfara State Governor, Ahmad Sani Yerima began the push for the institution of Sharia at the state level of government.

Establishing an ecclesiastical court would enable the Christian faithful to have jurisdiction mainly in spiritual or religious matters concerning them.

https://dailypost.ng/2021/06/04/can-demands-immediate-establishment-of-ecclesiastical-court-in-nigeria/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. by Baawaa(m): 4:28pm On Aug 21, 2021
This is not what we need,Christians should behaves like Christ they should show love to everybody.Our saviour Jesus Christ shows love to the point of death even on the cross.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. by Nobody: 4:30pm On Aug 21, 2021
Thats good because I am already under the Ecclesiastical province on the Niger.

So I think the court is necessary so that I can be tried according to christian laws which will help anchor my steps for heavenly race.

Eternity in view and Heaven at last because I am already a candidate for heaven but Ecclesiastical Courts must be here to guide our steps.

2 Likes

Re: CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. by Otuegbe: 4:30pm On Aug 21, 2021
MURIC "" Wat do you have to say""
Re: CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. by ObiOfOnistha: 4:32pm On Aug 21, 2021
Lovely
Re: CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. by Tinubuadvocate: 4:37pm On Aug 21, 2021
Not only Ecclesiastical.

1 Like

Re: CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. by madridguy(m): 4:39pm On Aug 21, 2021
grin grin grin
Re: CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. by CodeTemplar: 4:44pm On Aug 21, 2021
Good one. Let the constitution too define who is a Muslim and a christian.

4 Likes

Re: CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. by TarOrfeeek: 5:21pm On Aug 21, 2021
Baawaa:
This is not what we need,Christians should behaves like Christ they should love to everybody

The love Southern Kaduna people gave to you in Kaduna.

You reciprocated with beheading them in their sleep.

Benue Christian Farmers tried to love you too.

You spilled intestines and slit throats in barbaric manner.

Plateau Christians wanted to try their luck loving you.

You went after young students killing them in quiet assassinations.

You barbarian, undeserving of love. The only thing you deserve is VENGEANCE.

8 Likes

Re: CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. by OBALOLA55(m): 5:23pm On Aug 21, 2021
I’M ONLY HERE TO READ COMMENTS FROM ADADIKE JULIUSMALEMA UDELE1 OYIGBOUPDATE TRIPLE996
JERRYHERD SARRKI VAUGHANLANREWAJ SEUNMSG THATFAIRGUY1 LEGENDHERO
Re: CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. by OBALOLA55(m): 5:25pm On Aug 21, 2021
Juliusmalema:

So I think the court is necessary so that I can be tried according to christian laws which will help anchor my steps for heavenly race.

Eternity in view and Heaven at last because I am already a candidate for heaven but Ecclesiastical Courts mitst be here to guide our steps.
YOU MEAN NIGER REPUBLIC

1 Like

Re: CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. by criuze(m): 5:28pm On Aug 21, 2021
You and who is yearning for Christian court

Ehhh CAN
Re: CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. by Kingspin(m): 5:32pm On Aug 21, 2021
How the Muslims will reject the Ecclesiastical court and support Sharia law will automatically inform you the type of god they worship

2 Likes

Re: CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. by Buckeyemedia1: 5:33pm On Aug 21, 2021
Otuegbe:
MURIC "" Wat do you have to say""
Even Father Adeyemo & you na Mumu what do You think the High Court is?
Re: CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. by orion7: 5:34pm On Aug 21, 2021
Baawaa:
This is not what we need,Christians should behaves like Christ they should love to everybody
shut up. Yiu dont speak for christains

4 Likes

Re: CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. by Veqtor: 5:48pm On Aug 21, 2021
What is good for the goose should also be good for the gander.
Re: CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. by Positiveminds(m): 6:16pm On Aug 21, 2021
Baawaa:

Shut up. Better to keep quiet than to display your stupidity.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. by Perfectbeing(m): 6:21pm On Aug 21, 2021
And what happens when the Moslems starts demanding for Fridays as stay at home days just like the way Sundays is in Nigeria..??

1 Like

Re: CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. by Ovo200: 6:27pm On Aug 21, 2021
Perfectbeing:
And what happens when the Moslems starts demanding for Fridays as stay at home days just like the way Sundays is in Nigeria..??

The Christians never demanded Sunday as holiday, it's the calender that provided us with a holiday.

Don't Muslim also rest on Sunday?
Should Muslim be granted Friday as holiday what about other religions that will ask for holiday meaning Sunday, Monday to Saturday will be holiday then. So don't be stupid

4 Likes

Re: CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. by BewareOf419: 6:55pm On Aug 21, 2021
OBALOLA55:
I’M ONLY HERE TO READ COMMENTS FROM ADADIKE JULIUSMALEMA UDELE1 OYIGBOUPDATE TRIPLE996
JERRYHERD SARRKI VAUGHANLANREWAJ SEUNMSG THATFAIRGUY1 LEGENDHERO

Take one chair and sit down

Re: CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. by Danjikanbauchi: 7:01pm On Aug 21, 2021
Baawaa:
shut up. And Muslim should behave like devil ?

Christian states should organize militia groups like Hisbah to enforce 10 commandments.

1 Like

Re: CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. by ivolt: 7:11pm On Aug 21, 2021
CAN is shortsighted.
This is how they did in the hijab fight with some student wearing church gown before they gave up after a few weeks
All CAN will do is oppressive Sharia court and end up hurting itself.

No religious courts should be legally recognized.
Re: CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. by Racoon(m): 7:28pm On Aug 21, 2021
Yes! Waiting for MURIC stupid response to this development.
Re: CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. by Monogamy: 7:29pm On Aug 21, 2021
If there can be sharia courts,why not
Re: CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 21, 2021
Most Christians don't understand Ecclesiastical court, they are busy supporting CAN

Ecclesiastical court is just the sharia version of christianity even worst than sharia.

Make una dey support evil.

1 Like

Re: CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. by MrColdsweat: 8:05pm On Aug 21, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Most Christians don't understand Ecclesiastical court, they are busy supporting CAN

Ecclesiastical court is just the sharia version of christianity even worst than sharia.

Do you see christians telling you headslammers the date to sight the moon?

You are in no position to tell christians what is good for them.

3 Likes

Re: CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. by Blackfire(m): 8:09pm On Aug 21, 2021
That pastor ought to be jailed for even thinking about it, how dare he?? How dare he?? What nonsense...

Islam alone
Re: CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. by mbaise1000: 8:12pm On Aug 21, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
Baawaa:
Just as the taliban are behaving like mohammad and osama too did and the hisba im kano and some other muslim states in nigeria are behaving like mohammad, it is well I for one must behave like CHRIST, you may also w a nt to behave like CHRIST since your statement seems to extol the high and loving standard of JESUS CHRIST

1 Like

Re: CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. by mbaise1000: 8:14pm On Aug 21, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
thebosstrevor1:

Do you support sharia in nigeria?
Re: CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. by Kanixt(m): 8:16pm On Aug 21, 2021
Baawaa:

Wait till Hisba get you and and remove your right hand and said that they have caught stealing.
Re: CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. by mbaise1000: 8:17pm On Aug 21, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
Juliusmalema:

Eternity in view and Heaven at last because I am already a candidate for heaven but Ecclesiastical Courts must be here to guide our steps.

Are you a Christian?
ANYWAYS, Christianity is not by mouth fortunately, it by their fruits you know and your fruits om nairaland at least disqualified you. Unless you will change from this your comment
Re: CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. by ThatFairGuy1: 8:22pm On Aug 21, 2021
Nothing bad about this as long as your religion truly stated it and not as any form of jealousy because of shariah Court THAT IS A MUST for Muslims on some certain issues.

It's a welcome development.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Assassination Attempt On Dora Akunyili In 2003 / IPOB Factions Clashes As They Start Releasing Names Of Coordinators / 2023: Ndigbo The Bussiness Men That are Afraid Of Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.