Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,834 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. (1695 Views)

Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West / MIURIC Demands Shari’ah Courts In South West & Edo - Ishaq Akintola / Establish Shari‘ah Courts In South-West - Muslims Tell Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 21, 2021
mbaise1000:
[color=#006600][/color]

Are you a Christian?
ANYWAYS, Christianity is not by mouth fortunately, it by their fruits you know and your fruits om nairaland at least disqualified you. Unless you will change from this your comment

I don't sympathize with terrorists. Igbos are terrorists.
Re: CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. by Ikpeyi: 8:28pm On Aug 21, 2021
Religion has done more harm than good to this nation...

Our problem as nation is mixing religion with governance and politics..

Hon. Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba for 2023...
Re: CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. by P1PrinceKT(m): 8:32pm On Aug 21, 2021
NOW if they (Muslims) accept this their request, I am sure with no doubt that they're going to turn down that request!
Re: CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. by Perfectbeing(m): 9:05pm On Aug 21, 2021
Ovo200:

The Christians never demanded Sunday as holiday, it's the calender that provided us with a holiday.

Don't Muslim also rest on Sunday?
Should Muslim be granted Friday as holiday what about other religions that will ask for holiday meaning Sunday, Monday to Saturday will be holiday then. So don't be stupid
If they ask for a Moslem calendar nkor?
Try making a point without insults. You reek. of immaturity when you do
Re: CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. by Baawaa(m): 9:23pm On Aug 21, 2021
Positiveminds:

Shut up. Better to keep quiet than to display your stupidity.
I am stupid for Christ
Danjikanbauchi:
shut up. And Muslim should behave like devil ?

Christian states should organize militia groups like Hisbah to enforce 10 commandments.
As a Christian your God fight for you,you don't fight for God of host. He is capable of fighting for Himself
Re: CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. by naija4life247: 9:25pm On Aug 21, 2021
Juliusmalema:
Thats good because I am already under the Ecclesiastical province on the Niger.

So I think the court is necessary so that I can be tried according to christian laws which will help anchor my steps for heavenly race.

Eternity in view and Heaven at last because I am already a candidate for heaven but Ecclesiastical Courts must be here to guide our steps.

This one is on drugs just like that MUMURIC idiot Ishaq Akintola
Re: CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. by naija4life247: 9:26pm On Aug 21, 2021
Ovo200:

The Christians never demanded Sunday as holiday, it's the calender that provided us with a holiday.

Don't Muslim also rest on Sunday?
Should Muslim be granted Friday as holiday what about other religions that will ask for holiday meaning Sunday, Monday to Saturday will be holiday then. So don't be stupid

Your head no correct. Na so you dey abuse your parents?
Re: CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. by GodhatesJuliusm: 9:33pm On Aug 21, 2021
Juliusmalema:
Thats good because I am already under the Ecclesiastical province on the Niger.

So I think the court is necessary so that I can be tried according to christian laws which will help anchor my steps for heavenly race.

Eternity in view and Heaven at last because I am already a candidate for heaven but Ecclesiastical Courts must be here to guide our steps.
U be idiot, i swear.
Re: CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. by Fortune109: 12:30am On Aug 22, 2021
MyopicMods:

The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has asked the Federal Government to immediately establish ecclesiastical courts in the country to correspond with the existing Sharia court.

Reverend Adeolu Adeyemo, CAN’s chairman in Kano State, made the request on Thursday at the ongoing public hearings on the review of the 1999 Constitution (as amended) taking place in the state.

According to him, if the country cannot remain secular as provided in the 1999 constitution, there is an urgent need to equally establish ecclesiastical courts to balance the existence of Sharia courts in the country.
Similarly, the Bauchi State chapter of CAN also demanded that the ecclesiastical courts must be included in the Nigerian constitution to attend to the yearnings of Nigerian Christians.

The association insisted that the Christians have been marginalised and discriminated against over the provision for Sharia court without Christians having their own.

DAILY POST reports that Sharia law has been in existence in the country since 1999, when then Zamfara State Governor, Ahmad Sani Yerima began the push for the institution of Sharia at the state level of government.

Establishing an ecclesiastical court would enable the Christian faithful to have jurisdiction mainly in spiritual or religious matters concerning them.

https://dailypost.ng/2021/06/04/can-demands-immediate-establishment-of-ecclesiastical-court-in-nigeria/

Muslims have the Sharia law, what law would CAN use??
Re: CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. by wildernessVoice: 4:03am On Aug 22, 2021
Perfectbeing:
And what happens when the Moslems starts demanding for Fridays as stay at home days just like the way Sundays is in Nigeria..??

We then start working on Saturday
Re: CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. by Danjikanbauchi: 7:32am On Aug 22, 2021
Baawaa:

I am stupid for Christ
As a Christian your God fight for you,you don't fight for God of host. He is capable of fighting for Himself
Isreal don't sit down and fold their hands expecting God to fight for them.
Stand up and fight for yourself and God will back you up
Re: CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. by Perfectbeing(m): 7:53am On Aug 22, 2021
wildernessVoice:

We then start working on Saturday
Good
Re: CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. by Metallurgist: 8:14am On Aug 22, 2021
It a welcome development to Muslims, to our xtains brethren know that the core of shari'a law are the ten commandments of Moses, soon we will start to see xtains theives hands being cut off, adulterers being stone to death and blasphemous ppl burnt at the stake like in the medieval xtain Europe
Re: CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. by newbornmacho(m): 8:24am On Aug 22, 2021
Perfectbeing:
And what happens when the Moslems starts demanding for Fridays as stay at home days just like the way Sundays is in Nigeria..??

No wahala . Let them be given. tongue
You people must get sense by force
Re: CAN, Christian Lawyers Demands Ecclesiastical Courts In Nigeria. by mbaise1000: 11:16pm On Aug 22, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
Juliusmalema:

I don't sympathize with terrorists. Igbos are terrorists.

Who mentioned IPOB?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Assassination Attempt On Dora Akunyili In 2003 / Premium Times :Osun Airport Was Concessioned To Company That Never Existed / Is This Best Shot At Igbo Presidency?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.