Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,912 members, 7,824,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

I Am Not The One That Started It - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Not The One That Started It (909 Views)

6 Bbnaija Stars That Started A Family After The Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Not The One That Started It by Lostchild(m): 12:45pm On Aug 22, 2021
It is Adam that started it.

This is the voice of a white man

David Grason on (quora)
I’ve been both married and now, as I enter my sixties, I’m single again. I admit that I have a lot of freedoms that I didn’t realize I had lost when I got married. And there is no way to anticipate this before getting married. So, for the single guys who have never married, I try to explain that this is one aspect of having a wife you may not have considered.

Really good wives are like unicorns - a mythical animal that many say exists but personally I have never seen one. Good wives, like unicorns are very few and far between. The man who really truly believes he’s found a good wife, is still taking a huge gamble on his future happiness.

However, if a man has never been married, there is no way he could know this. Thus, he is still holding to the same ideal that we ALL held before our first relationships.

Since my divorce, there have been a few times when I have been really lonely. On the other hand, there were plenty of times during my marriage, I faced the same lonliness. When I stop to meditate on it a little, I realize that it is far easier to deal with the loneliness than it is to have gotten married only to find out that one has hooked himself up with a crazy borderline - one who did a first class job of hiding her true self before the marriage. Being single and lonely is far better than being married and lonely.

I also believe that the concept of a soul-mate is somewhat erroneous. Even the best marriages with the best partners need lots of teamwork to be successful. It takes real effort. Both partners need to be completely unselfish and very giving for the marriage to be happy. This type of selflessness is virtually nonexistant these days.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Not The One That Started It by Lostchild(m): 12:46pm On Aug 22, 2021
When I go to quora to seek knowledge, I always see a lot and lot of people sharing about themselves, family, success, fallures and life experience in general. This is what makes nairaland (Nigerians) sucks.

The love to gossip and be quick to teach their ignorance. I remember asking twice, a very sensitive question on this forum, I could see that none was willing and none was able to answer or share about their families or their failures. Everyone was silent and was not able to answer because it is about their failures.

This is why I feel so proud of myself on how far I have come.

This is why I feel so proud of myself and not hesitate to share how many times I have fallen.

One reason why I always feel compelled to share about myself here on nairaland is because of my tendency to free my heavy heart. It makes me feel more weightless as I press further into the future. I need to write more to free myself from my past in order to keep me moving in the right direction towards the future.
Re: I Am Not The One That Started It by ahnie: 2:48pm On Aug 22, 2021
Arsenal had better win today's match.
Re: I Am Not The One That Started It by Caramia2020(m): 5:13pm On Aug 22, 2021
ahnie:
Arsenal had better win today's match.
It's has started o n de are down.
Re: I Am Not The One That Started It by ahnie: 5:32pm On Aug 22, 2021
Caramia2020:

It's has started o n de are down.

Arsenal yaff killed me.i dey seriously monitor my pot of banga soup for fire make e no go burn,I burnt full pot of rice this morning and my husband hasn't forgiven me...lolz
Re: I Am Not The One That Started It by Caramia2020(m): 5:35pm On Aug 22, 2021
ahnie:

Arsenal yaff killed me.i dey seriously monitor my pot of banga soup for fire make e no go burn,I burnt full pot of rice this morning and my husband hasn't forgiven me...lolz
Leave football n focus on ur sweet bangs soup.
Re: I Am Not The One That Started It by ahnie: 5:40pm On Aug 22, 2021
Caramia2020:

Leave football n focus on ur sweet bangs soup.
Lolz...pls be kind enough to keep me updated.where is Robosky2 sef?
Re: I Am Not The One That Started It by Caramia2020(m): 6:00pm On Aug 22, 2021
ahnie:

Lolz...pls be kind enough to keep me updated.where is Robosky2 sef?

Arsenal 0 Chelsea 2, 90 minutes
Re: I Am Not The One That Started It by Caramia2020(m): 6:23pm On Aug 22, 2021
ahnie:

Full Time
Arsenal 0
Chelsea 2
Re: I Am Not The One That Started It by mrsteel: 7:57pm On Aug 22, 2021
@ Lost child
It is a two way thing, marriage will favour some, while single hood will favour some, it all narrows down to one's nature. If one is an introvert, u can manage single hood, but I doubt if an extrovert can ever remain single for life. But majority will go with getting married. As u grow older, it becomes extremely difficult living alone once u cross the age of 40. But the peace of mind that comes with being single is second to none & u can never find it in marriage!
Re: I Am Not The One That Started It by Lostchild(m): 12:16am On Aug 23, 2021
mrsteel:
@ Lost child
It is a two way thing, marriage will favour some, while single hood will favour some, it all narrows down to one's nature. If one is an introvert, u can manage single hood, but I doubt if an extrovert can ever remain single for life. But majority will go with getting married. As u grow older, it becomes extremely difficult living alone once u cross the age of 40. But the peace of mind that comes with being single is second to none & u can never find it in marriage!

I totally agree with you.

(1) (Reply)

Ladies Thread / How Can He Stop Betting? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.