Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,621 members, 7,816,561 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

I Am Currently Facing The Biggest Challenge In My Life Right Now As A Programmer - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Am Currently Facing The Biggest Challenge In My Life Right Now As A Programmer (1696 Views)

Solve The Fizz - Buzz Hackerrank Challenge In Both Java And Javascript / Facing Problem Integrating Paystack With Nodejs / Developers In The House, Show Us What You're Currently Working On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Currently Facing The Biggest Challenge In My Life Right Now As A Programmer by samio234: 1:25pm On Aug 22, 2021
I don't know how somebody got assess to my aws and gcp account login credentials

The person used a service of $28k+ in aws and $17k+ in gcp

These are not my official account that I use everyday

I just created the accounts to test out something but I did not later use it again

After some months I opened the gcp account to use it for api calls and saw these huge amount

I have written to google and they said their was no fraudulent activity on the account

I am frustrated right now.

I don't want any bill I did not use attached to my name

I don't know what to do right now.

What can I do in this situation?

I don't have such money anywhere to pay

if I have I don't mind paying because I need peace of mind but I don't know where to get such money

No blame or insults please, as I am already depressed

I am getting more scared everyday

I am getting weaker and weaker everyday.

Mods please push this to fp so I can get more views and answers

Thanks for your anticipated reply
Re: I Am Currently Facing The Biggest Challenge In My Life Right Now As A Programmer by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:31pm On Aug 22, 2021
It might not be someone o. It might be your code. A company had the same issues. They accumulated 70k USD overnight due to some badly written code with nested for loops.
Re: I Am Currently Facing The Biggest Challenge In My Life Right Now As A Programmer by samio234: 1:34pm On Aug 22, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
It might not be someone o. It might be your code. A company had the same issues. They accumulated 70k USD overnight due to some badly written code with nested for loops.

I did not upload any code on the servers

I wanted to use it to test out somethings but I later did not use it again.

Do you know how it was resolved?

Thanks for your reply.

I so much appreciate it.
Re: I Am Currently Facing The Biggest Challenge In My Life Right Now As A Programmer by samio234: 1:37pm On Aug 22, 2021
samio234:

Do you know how it was resolved

Thanks for your reply.

I so much appreciate it.
Re: I Am Currently Facing The Biggest Challenge In My Life Right Now As A Programmer by Karleb(m): 1:38pm On Aug 22, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

It's seriously possible that this is the case.

I read of a developer who said a client wanted to employ just to reduce their AWS bills.

I still don't know why these companies do this shiit, they have enough money already, why the hidden charges.
Re: I Am Currently Facing The Biggest Challenge In My Life Right Now As A Programmer by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 22, 2021
Did you push your keys to github at any point?
Re: I Am Currently Facing The Biggest Challenge In My Life Right Now As A Programmer by zickyclef: 1:45pm On Aug 22, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
OG tensazangetsu20, I de learn web development, but as I no get money to pay for online or private tutor. My question now be say e de possible to learn web development without paying for course materials.? If yes recommend for me please. I de good with HTML,average with CSS but JavaScript de give tough time now com de make feel like say I no fit learn on my own.

1 Like

Re: I Am Currently Facing The Biggest Challenge In My Life Right Now As A Programmer by 404Dev: 1:46pm On Aug 22, 2021
You can try disabling your linked card at the bank for the meantime while you try to find a solution to avoid a shock given debit alert
Re: I Am Currently Facing The Biggest Challenge In My Life Right Now As A Programmer by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:46pm On Aug 22, 2021
samio234:

Do you know how it was resolved?

Thanks for your reply.

I so much appreciate it.

They just reached out and solved it.
Re: I Am Currently Facing The Biggest Challenge In My Life Right Now As A Programmer by 404Dev: 1:48pm On Aug 22, 2021
zickyclef:

OG tensazangetsu20, I de learn web development, but as I no get money to pay for online or private tutor. My question now be say e de possible to learn web development without paying for course materials.? If yes recommend for me please. I de good with HTML,average with CSS but JavaScript de give tough time now com de make feel like say I no fit learn on my own.

There are lots of resources on youtube.

How I learnt was by building projects not just watching crash courses and tutorials.

So go on Youtube and search something link "movie app with javascript" watch the course and see how the project was tackled and then try to build on your own. You can download the video to use for reference.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Currently Facing The Biggest Challenge In My Life Right Now As A Programmer by zickyclef: 1:50pm On Aug 22, 2021
404Dev:

There are lots of resources on youtube.

How I learnt was by building projects not just watching crash courses and tutorials.

So go on Youtube and search something link "movie app with javascript" watch the course and see how the project was tackled and then try to build on your own. You can download the video to use for reference.
Thank you very much.
Re: I Am Currently Facing The Biggest Challenge In My Life Right Now As A Programmer by samio234: 1:57pm On Aug 22, 2021
DrLevi:
Did you push your keys to github at any point?

No. i dont think so
Re: I Am Currently Facing The Biggest Challenge In My Life Right Now As A Programmer by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:58pm On Aug 22, 2021
zickyclef:

Men I also struggled till I got the JavaScript course by Maxmillian Schwartz. It really broke everything down for me at least.

6 Likes

Re: I Am Currently Facing The Biggest Challenge In My Life Right Now As A Programmer by zickyclef: 2:19pm On Aug 22, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Men I also struggled till I got the JavaScript course by Maxmillian Schwartz. It really broke everything down for me at least.
Thank you, is JavaScript course by Maxmillian Schwartz textbook or video.? And please how can I get it
Re: I Am Currently Facing The Biggest Challenge In My Life Right Now As A Programmer by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 22, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

That thing cost $90.0
Re: I Am Currently Facing The Biggest Challenge In My Life Right Now As A Programmer by devmek: 3:49pm On Aug 22, 2021
Citygal:

That thing cost $90.0
They usually go on sale a lot of times and you can get it between $10 - $12 instead, it's to just be on the lookout for whenever they're on sale.

1 Like

Re: I Am Currently Facing The Biggest Challenge In My Life Right Now As A Programmer by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 22, 2021
samio234:

No. i dont think so
That would have explained it. Some developers fish for keys pushed to github and use it to their heart's content.

If you're sure you didn't use it, reach out to them again. 50k as a nigerian? that one pass omo!

I thought these things were billed monthly, didn't go get an mail?
Re: I Am Currently Facing The Biggest Challenge In My Life Right Now As A Programmer by Enceladus(m): 6:31pm On Aug 22, 2021
Write them again and let them monitor the account activity. The usage locations of the API's won't match your own. Login to the account and look for the API's not enabled by you. You have to present a good case, Google won't charge you. Milky Way's 72, 000 $ bill was written off after they presented their case about a crazy Infinite Recursion in their code.

Google too once had to clear my debt after I forgot to disable an API after usage and I didn't use it for one straight month.

Check the account very well and present your case to them.
Re: I Am Currently Facing The Biggest Challenge In My Life Right Now As A Programmer by stanliwise(m): 8:00pm On Aug 22, 2021
samio234:
I don't know how somebody got assess to my aws and gcp account login credentials

I just created the accounts to test out something but I did not later use it again

After some months I opened the gcp account to use it for api calls and saw these huge amount

I have written to google and they said their was no fraudulent activity on the account

if I have I don't mind paying because I need peace of mind but I don't know where to get such money

Did you use such service?
If you didn’t use them then it means you must shave been careless with your account details.
Meanwhile you should have a receipt to track what subscriptions took the money.

And even the date they were purchased.
Did automatic subscription take those money?

Meanwhile why are you scared. Would AWS come to carry you or arrest you if you don’t have the money?

No where in the world are debtors arrested or jail, as much as you didn’t steal the subscription and you didn’t use fraud
Re: I Am Currently Facing The Biggest Challenge In My Life Right Now As A Programmer by Uzomacharles: 8:55pm On Aug 22, 2021
samio234:

They crack it and use it to mail to domain bro...
I believe theirs nothing you can do
Re: I Am Currently Facing The Biggest Challenge In My Life Right Now As A Programmer by samio234: 12:09am On Aug 23, 2021
DrLevi:

That would have explained it. Some developers fish for keys pushed to github and use it to their heart's content.

If you're sure you didn't use it, reach out to them again. 50k as a nigerian? that one pass omo!

I thought these things were billed monthly, didn't go get an mail?

Thanks for your reply

I really appreciate it

Almost $50k no be beansoo as a nigerian

Yes the email was sent but I dont use the account frequently

It is not my official account. I opened it to test out something but I did not use it again
Re: I Am Currently Facing The Biggest Challenge In My Life Right Now As A Programmer by samio234: 12:15am On Aug 23, 2021
stanliwise:

Did you use such service?
If you didn’t use them then it means you must shave been careless with your account details.
Meanwhile you should have a receipt to track what subscriptions took the money.

And even the date they were purchased.
Did automatic subscription take those money?

Meanwhile why are you scared. Would AWS come to carry you or arrest you if you don’t have the money?

No where in the world are debtors arrested or jail, as much as you didn’t steal the subscription and you didn’t use fraud

Thanks for your reply

I really appreciate it

There was not money on the account

They tried to debit me but it failed due to insufficient balance

I checked my account and found out that for GCP the person used the computing services that amounted to $17k+

I think the person used it for hosting a website.

but my aws account has been suspended but the debt for aws is $28k+

I am afraid they might come for meooo
Re: I Am Currently Facing The Biggest Challenge In My Life Right Now As A Programmer by samio234: 12:17am On Aug 23, 2021
Uzomacharles:

They crack it and use it to mail to domain bro...
I believe theirs nothing you can do

There is nothing I can do to clear off that money

The money is too much for meoo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Currently Facing The Biggest Challenge In My Life Right Now As A Programmer by samio234: 12:20am On Aug 23, 2021
Enceladus:
Write them again and let them monitor the account activity. The usage locations of the API's won't match your own. Login to the account and look for the API's not enabled by you. You have to present a good case, Google won't charge you. Milky Way's 72, 000 $ bill was written off after they presented their case about a crazy Infinite Recursion in their code.

Google too once had to clear my debt after I forgot to disable an API after usage and I didn't use it for one straight month.

Check the account very well and present your case to them.

Thanks for your reply

I really appreciate it

I checked my account for the services the person used and it is the computing service of GCP

but I will check for the person's IP address.

Thanks alot
Re: I Am Currently Facing The Biggest Challenge In My Life Right Now As A Programmer by stanliwise(m): 7:31am On Aug 23, 2021
samio234:

Thanks for your reply

I really appreciate it

There was not money on the account

They tried to debit me but it failed due to insufficient balance

I checked my account and found out that for GCP the person used the computing services that amounted to $17k+

I think the person used it for hosting a website.

but my aws account has been suspended but the debt for aws is $28k+

I am afraid they might come for meooo
Simply withdraw every payment option you have you with AWS and don’t use it again. No AWS is coming for you, it may only resurface if AWS ever had alliance with any Government body which I doubt it is real.

Meanwhile AWS doesn’t give so much debt overhead. I am quite surprised AWS give service and later ask you for the money. If this is the case then AWS should bear their loss.

Be afraid not, no one is taking you anywhere. So far have you received any calls or mails?
Re: I Am Currently Facing The Biggest Challenge In My Life Right Now As A Programmer by stanliwise(m): 7:35am On Aug 23, 2021
zickyclef:

Web development is quite technical especially at professional level. Your best route is to learn from videos and source code of real life project.

Google is the thing for curious devs and if your passion is strong you will scale through.

As a beginner use YouTube and PDF.
At advance level, you may need to see real life project codes to know what next to learn
Re: I Am Currently Facing The Biggest Challenge In My Life Right Now As A Programmer by samio234: 8:11am On Aug 23, 2021
stanliwise:

Simply withdraw every payment option you have you with AWS and don’t use it again. No AWS is coming for you, it may only resurface if AWS ever had alliance with any Government body which I doubt it is real.

Meanwhile AWS doesn’t give so much debt overhead. I am quite surprised AWS give service and later ask you for the money. If this is the case then AWS should bear their loss.

Be afraid not, no one is taking you anywhere. So far have you received any calls or mails?

It has been only email from aws that I should make payment.

If I don't make payment in 90 days that they will terminate all the resources in that account

I am surprised too of how they will let it get to that amount without disabling the account.

What of GCP should I just remove my master card there too

I heard they sell the debt to debt collectors who will hunt you down

I am just asking tho

Thank your reply

I appreciate it.

I am a bit relieved tho.
Re: I Am Currently Facing The Biggest Challenge In My Life Right Now As A Programmer by stanliwise(m): 9:26am On Aug 23, 2021
samio234:

It has been only email from aws that I should make payment.

If I don't make payment in 90 days that they will terminate all the resources in that account

I am surprised too of how they will let it get to that amount without disabling the account.

What of GCP should I just remove my master card there too

I heard they sell the debt to debt collectors who will hunt you down

I am just asking tho

Thank your reply

I appreciate it.

I am a bit relieved tho.
Check properly if that money is actually a debt or someone is trying to prank you.

This is the first time I hearing overhead debt being giving to customers. Are you sure of the system you’re using if it is not redirecting to a clone of AWS.

Before now has AWS ever giving you the ability to use a service and pay later?

I have never heard of such. Please do your research
Re: I Am Currently Facing The Biggest Challenge In My Life Right Now As A Programmer by samio234: 2:11am On Aug 24, 2021
stanliwise:

Check properly if that money is actually a debt or someone is trying to prank you.

This is the first time I hearing overhead debt being giving to customers. Are you sure of the system you’re using if it is not redirecting to a clone of AWS.

Yes aws give you their service to use at the end of the month

They will charge your payment card you have with them

But why they let it get to that ridiculous amount is what surprises me

Thanks a lot for the replies

I really appreciate them

They mean a lot to me because I don't know what to do right now.
Re: I Am Currently Facing The Biggest Challenge In My Life Right Now As A Programmer by twosquare(m): 8:45am On Aug 24, 2021
Someone is trying to scam the op. Stay woke.
Re: I Am Currently Facing The Biggest Challenge In My Life Right Now As A Programmer by devmek: 8:45am On Aug 24, 2021
Citygal:

That thing cost $90.0
I you are still interested in the course, they are on sale now for 4,900. Just thought I should let you know.
Re: I Am Currently Facing The Biggest Challenge In My Life Right Now As A Programmer by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 24, 2021
stanliwise:

He's joking. Red flags with the post and no screenshots attached.

Now he thinks the romance section is the best place to get help.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Let's Build Your Mobile App Android/ios, Reliable, Affordable And Trusted / Is It Advisable To Start Learning Programing With C++ / Learn Coding!!! Weekdays And Weekend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.