Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,020 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Ukwuani, Ika, Ikwerre, Anioma etc are all Igbo People - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ukwuani, Ika, Ikwerre, Anioma etc are all Igbo People (795 Views)

Ukwuani, Ika, Ikwerre Are Not Ibos / Niger Delta Youths In Ukwuani Shut Down Oil Facilities At Night (Video) / IPOB: Nnamdi Kanu Places N1m Bounty On All Igbo Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ukwuani, Ika, Ikwerre, Anioma etc are all Igbo People by Abohboy: 1:54pm On Aug 22, 2021
It's high time for the Igbos in the west in areas like Delta Rivers and Edo State start showing off their true Igbotic culture the Ndokwa, Anioma, Ukwuani and Ika are all very clearly Igbo people and of Igbo origin the influx of Bini migrants, refugees and traders into the area shouldn't undermine the clear Igbo heritage of us.

Let's all express our Igbo heritage and come together as one and as Igbo people.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukwuani, Ika, Ikwerre, Anioma etc are all Igbo People by Marotzke(m): 2:03pm On Aug 22, 2021
Abohboy by onye Igbo.
Re: Ukwuani, Ika, Ikwerre, Anioma etc are all Igbo People by Abohboy: 2:05pm On Aug 22, 2021
Marotzke:
Abohboy by onye Igbo.

Abi O we need to unite all the Igbos starting with those of the Niger Delta then we can move as one us igbos and the whole south need to have a united voice

4 Likes

Re: Ukwuani, Ika, Ikwerre, Anioma etc are all Igbo People by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 22, 2021
Only western igbos are true igbos; other igbos were absorbed by cultural dominance of western igbos.
Re: Ukwuani, Ika, Ikwerre, Anioma etc are all Igbo People by Abohboy: 2:07pm On Aug 22, 2021
SlyDev:
Only western igbos are true igbos; other igbos were absorbed by cultural dominance of western igbos.

I disagree Igbos originated from modern day Anambra State it was from there that they spread out to other areas but Western Igbo land across the Niger River is still very close to our origin and before the British came we had extensive trade relations with them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukwuani, Ika, Ikwerre, Anioma etc are all Igbo People by techwaya: 2:13pm On Aug 22, 2021
No they are mostly Binni migrants refugees who borrowed our language.when jungle mature we shall separate the sheep from the goats,send the goats back to Benin including you op because you do not believe in Biafra .

1 Like

Re: Ukwuani, Ika, Ikwerre, Anioma etc are all Igbo People by kingsways: 2:15pm On Aug 22, 2021
On behalf of all proud Igbos worldwide, I want to inform you we do not care if Ikwerres, Ukwuanis or whatever think they are Igbos or not

Anyone who thinks he is not Igbo is WELCOME to belong to whatsoever he / she want

7 Likes

Re: Ukwuani, Ika, Ikwerre, Anioma etc are all Igbo People by Emperormartin(m): 2:16pm On Aug 22, 2021
Whenever you see ika, ikwere, ukwuani, anioma igbos outside Nigeria then you'll realize they're all IGBOS...

3 Likes

Re: Ukwuani, Ika, Ikwerre, Anioma etc are all Igbo People by Abohboy: 2:21pm On Aug 22, 2021
techwaya:
No they are mostly Binni migrants refugees who borrowed our language.when jungle mature we shall separate the sheep from the goats,send the goats back to Benin including you op because you do not believe in Biafra .

So they would bear names like Chukwuma as Bini people? The Bini only came in the 16th century thousands of years after the Igbo had established themselves in the Western Niger Delta basin. The Bini are a minority and I never said I don't believe in Biafra I believe that Biafra is a last resort situation we should make one more final push as a united south against the north to get proper leadership and restructure the nation if it doesn't work out then we can go our seperate ways

2 Likes

Re: Ukwuani, Ika, Ikwerre, Anioma etc are all Igbo People by Abohboy: 2:22pm On Aug 22, 2021
kingsways:
On behalf of all proud Igbos worldwide, I want to inform you we do not care if Ikwerres, Ukwuanis or whatever think they are Igbos or not

Anyone who thinks he is not Igbo is WELCOME to belong to whatsoever he / she want

You're contradicting yourself i'm not sure what your final point is, in any case we Western Igbos being Ikwerre, Ukwuani, Ika, Ndokwa and Anioma are all Igbos it is only a small minority that have a Bini complex from the refugees that came

3 Likes

Re: Ukwuani, Ika, Ikwerre, Anioma etc are all Igbo People by Abohboy: 2:22pm On Aug 22, 2021
Emperormartin:
Whenever you see ika, ikwere, ukwuani, anioma igbos outside Nigeria then you'll realize they're all IGBOS...

Thank you

5 Likes

Re: Ukwuani, Ika, Ikwerre, Anioma etc are all Igbo People by after4: 3:44pm On Aug 22, 2021
Am happy that this is coming from an Igbo person outside the 5 SE states. We will get there

Abohboy:

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Ukwuani, Ika, Ikwerre, Anioma etc are all Igbo People by Abohboy: 3:46pm On Aug 22, 2021
after4:
Am happy that this is coming from an Igbo person outside the 5 SE states. We will get there

Indeed we will
Re: Ukwuani, Ika, Ikwerre, Anioma etc are all Igbo People by Mrexcell(m): 4:20pm On Aug 22, 2021
Abohboy:

You're contradicting yourself i'm not sure what your final point is, in any case we Western Igbos being Ikwerre, Ukwuani, Ika, Ndokwa and Anioma are all Igbos it is only a small minority that have a Bini complex from the refugees that came

Don't mind that person real igbos in the 5 south east states don't discriminate western igbos who identifies with them they are even well recognized in the ohanaeze ndigbo.

2 Likes

Re: Ukwuani, Ika, Ikwerre, Anioma etc are all Igbo People by Abohboy: 4:28pm On Aug 22, 2021
Mrexcell:

Don't mind that person real igbos in the 5 south east states don't discriminate western igbos who identifies with them they are even well recognized in the ohanaeze ndigbo.

Thank you my brother I made other threds and I was lashed with insults for trying to unite the western igbos with the other igbos in the 5 SE states I hope one day they will be reunited in their own region or state under a federal structure in Nigeria or as an independent nation

1 Like

Re: Ukwuani, Ika, Ikwerre, Anioma etc are all Igbo People by Mrexcell(m): 9:34pm On Aug 22, 2021
Abohboy:

Thank you my brother I made other threds and I was lashed with insults for trying to unite the western igbos with the other igbos in the 5 SE states I hope one day they will be reunited in their own region or state under a federal structure in Nigeria or as an independent nation

Don't take those insults serious in this faceless forum in real life no free born igbo person from the SE will discriminate his fellow Igbo brother from the SS that identified with him. Most of the people causing the division and confusion in this forum are not even igbos.

1 Like

Re: Ukwuani, Ika, Ikwerre, Anioma etc are all Igbo People by Buckeyemedia1: 9:37pm On Aug 22, 2021
Mrexcell:

Don't take those insults serious in this faceless forum in real life no free born igbo person from the SE will discriminate his fellow Igbo brother from the SS that identified with him. Most of the people causing the division and confusion in this forum are not even igbos.
What has been Igbo done for you, other than to hide under an inferiority complex.

1 Like

Re: Ukwuani, Ika, Ikwerre, Anioma etc are all Igbo People by poiu44: 9:45pm On Aug 22, 2021
Abohboy:
It's high time for the Igbos in the west in areas like Delta Rivers and Edo State start showing off their true Igbotic culture the Ndokwa, Anioma, Ukwuani and Ika are all very clearly Igbo people and of Igbo origin the influx of Bini migrants, refugees and traders into the area shouldn't undermine the clear Igbo heritage of us.

Let's all express our Igbo heritage and come together as one and as Igbo people.

Are smoking weed
They are not ibo
Re: Ukwuani, Ika, Ikwerre, Anioma etc are all Igbo People by Mrexcell(m): 9:48pm On Aug 22, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
What has been Igbo done for you, other than to hide under an inferiority complex.

A man without any identity is totally lost u can go and ask american super stars like whitetaker, rihanna and so many others what they gained from identifying with the great Igbo race. Be proud of where you come from no matter the challenges ur race is passing through.
Re: Ukwuani, Ika, Ikwerre, Anioma etc are all Igbo People by SlayerForever: 9:50pm On Aug 22, 2021
[s]
Buckeyemedia1:
[/s]

See nonsense talk.

Re: Ukwuani, Ika, Ikwerre, Anioma etc are all Igbo People by SlayerForever: 9:51pm On Aug 22, 2021
Op you have an uphill task cheesy
Re: Ukwuani, Ika, Ikwerre, Anioma etc are all Igbo People by Abohboy: 10:04pm On Aug 22, 2021
poiu44:

Are smoking weed
They are not ibo

Yes they are culturally and linguistically igbo the bini culture isn't major in the area
Re: Ukwuani, Ika, Ikwerre, Anioma etc are all Igbo People by Abohboy: 10:06pm On Aug 22, 2021
SlayerForever:
Op you have an uphill task cheesy

However uphill it can still be achieved

(1) (Reply)

Your Government Is Indirectly Funding Terrorism Sha / Nnamdi Kanu Fingered In The Assassination Of Bola Ige / Three States APC Should Not Boast Of Winning Future Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.