Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,687 members, 7,820,394 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

What Is Your Take On This? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Is Your Take On This? (971 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Take On This? by renntin: 8:12am On May 20, 2011
Got mrp done by proxy from nig. i urgently need to go home. please what do you advise. thanks
Re: What Is Your Take On This? by justwise(m): 8:14am On May 20, 2011
renntin:

Got mrp done by proxy from nig. i urgently need to go home. please what do you advise. thanks

Why not use TC?
Re: What Is Your Take On This? by renntin: 8:34am On May 20, 2011
Thanks justwise. What can you do when you got no job or money? the little i have is not enough for tc and ticket.
Re: What Is Your Take On This? by justwise(m): 9:09am On May 20, 2011
renntin:

Thanks justwise. What can you do when you got no job or money? the little i have is not enough for tc and ticket.

But getting passport from Nigeria will cost u money as well and may get u in trouble. Have you tried to check how much travel certificate will cost u? If u got one from Nigeria how are going to explain to immigration that u left Nigeria without any exit stamp on ur passport?
Re: What Is Your Take On This? by renntin: 9:23am On May 20, 2011
I've thought of exit stamp thingy. i can't get my head around it. my permit is on a4 paper. the kpali and ticket is being paid for from home. if it were not for the urgency of the situation at home, i won't venture into such things. i'm having sleepless nights. which way out?
Re: What Is Your Take On This? by justwise(m): 9:44am On May 20, 2011
renntin:

I've thought of exit stamp thingy. i can't get my head around it. my permit is on a4 paper. the kpali and ticket is being paid for from home. if it were not for the urgency of the situation at home, i won't venture into such things. i'm having sleepless nights. which way out?
My bro do it the normal way, don't do things u will later regret, not only exit stamp, entry stamp into the country u are now will be a problem as well, go for TC.
Re: What Is Your Take On This? by renntin: 10:39am On May 20, 2011
Thanks justwise.
Re: What Is Your Take On This? by yemmy27: 11:11am On May 21, 2011
when u get to nigeria,u will definitely find a way out.just budget like $100.when you give your passport to the immigration ,before he or she says anything ,just dip your hand in your pocket and give him/her the money, am sure u will be stamped in.it has happened to so many people, when travelling i have experienced sries of things at the airport i saw series of things that is hard for people to think it can happen.u dont have a problem, even when people are deported back to nigeria for several crimes ,they find their way and they dont have any problem.nevertheless tc should cost alot of pounds to get ,,,u cant afford it as i know the situation of people with no job in the uk ,i lived there for about 8 months and i know how it feels like when you pay bills and u dont have a job, uk is hard to live except u have money to do docu wey enter fire as dem dey talk am.good luck coming back to nigeria, welcome back home!
Re: What Is Your Take On This? by renntin: 11:25am On May 21, 2011
@ Yemmy27. my worries is not the naija immigration but that of my departure here if u know what i mean. i got my ilr which is on a paper. my worries is if they will allow me board with the proxy kpali. i intend getting the ekpali in naija.
Re: What Is Your Take On This? by yemmy27: 11:50am On May 22, 2011
If you are coming from the Uk ,i dont think you have a problem.when coming outside the uk,they dont stamp or check your passport.you just get your boarding pass and go board on plane.But if you have a stop over in another country maybe board on klm,they have to take u to holland first,when you get to holland and you are about to be board on plane ,No doubt your passport will be checked but if you are boarding on a straight flight then you may not have a problem cos as soon as u are able to board a plane from heathrow then it will land u at MMIA, Hmmmmm,will still help u find out what u can do, Keep trying!!
Re: What Is Your Take On This? by Again2(m): 2:24pm On May 22, 2011
yemmy27:

If you are coming from the Uk ,i dont think you have a problem.when coming outside the uk,they dont stamp or check your passport.you just get your boarding pass and go board on plane.But if you have a stop over in another country maybe board on klm,they have to take u to holland first,when you get to holland and you are about to be board on plane ,No doubt your passport will be checked but if you are boarding on a straight flight then you may not have a problem cos as soon as u are able to board a plane from heathrow then it will land u at MMIA, Hmmmmm,will still help u find out what u can do, Keep trying!!
They do check ur passport, i'm not sure if they have started stamping on exit but ur passport detials are checked cos that is how they know if u have overstayed ur visa or on wanted list
Re: What Is Your Take On This? by renntin: 3:09pm On May 22, 2011
thanks guys. keep it coming.
meanwhile this is my email. renntin@yahoo.com
cheers.
Re: What Is Your Take On This? by yemmy27: 11:45pm On May 22, 2011
They dont check passport except sometimes by the airline officials if you have problem printing out your boarding pass.well,i cant Quote u wrong ,they might check your passport when u were coming home,But as for me I have been to the uk two times and i used to spend more than 8 months there ,when travelling out of the uk ,in heathrow airport my passport has never been checked before.

(1) (Reply)

Izevbekhai Family Deported / Migrating To Canada / Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.